PDA

View Full Version : What's the future of the Chiefs the next few year?

tonyd
11-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Pats fan here. I used to live in Overland park so the Chiefs are my 2nd favorite team.
My Pats can't win it every year so I need a team a like to root for.
Is Green done after this year? You still have a good running game.
How is your defense coming along? The Chiefs are not on primetime TV much so I don't get to see you.
What will it take for you guys to get back?

Easy 6
11-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Pats fan here. I used to live in Overland park so the Chiefs are my 2nd favorite team.
How is your defense coming along? The Chiefs are not on primetime TV much so I don't get to see you.
Trent will come back for one more season in the sun IMO, i believe the D is #9 so i'm not complaining too much and lastly if we can get continued improvement from our DT's we are back THIS year. Stay tuned to the Planet for further developments.

Deberg_1990
11-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Huard is our QBoTF and the next Joe Montana.

Just ask GoChiefs..

Chieficus
11-02-2006, 07:03 PM

Well, the good thing is we're starting to get younger--young proven/beginning to be proven talent... except CB, DT, QB, and WR... and those are four big exceptions...

No telling what the future will hold for Brodie, though we have high hopes. Other than that we really don't have any potential there either. Unless Parker really steps it up big time in the last half of the season at WR, he might not even be around next year...

Green, Kennison, Law... they'll all be done here in a year or two...

So we have some pieces to be good here in the foreseeable future, but we still need some things to fall in line...

KCBOSS1
11-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Green wants to play 3 or 4 more years. He's younger in 'hits' than many 30 year old quarterbacks in the league. He has never been a scrambler, always a pocket passer and wins on accuracy and good decisions. I think that there are two more good years for Trent.

I think that Damon's stock is way up and I don't know if he is a free agent next year or not. Does someone here know? If so, we have some trade power because I think he definitely knows He can start and be effective.

KCBOSS1
11-02-2006, 07:12 PM
I should have said, "if not we have some trade power"

tonyd
11-02-2006, 07:13 PM
I have not seen Damon play but you have one with him. Wasn't he on the Pat's?
Hope you guys get back to the top. I'm older than most of you and remember when you guys won
SB4 against the Vikings I belive.

Baconeater
11-02-2006, 07:14 PM
We're doomed. You'd be better off bandwagoning some other team, Tony.

noa
11-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Green wants to play 3 or 4 more years. He's younger in 'hits' than many 30 year old quarterbacks in the league. He has never been a scrambler, always a pocket passer and wins on accuracy and good decisions. I think that there are two more good years for Trent.

I think that Damon's stock is way up and I don't know if he is a free agent next year or not. Does someone here know? If so, we have some trade power because I think he definitely knows He can start and be effective.

Yeah, he's going to be a free agent. I saw a reporter on Cold Pizza say that he has the chance to land a starting job with at least one other team, so if we want to keep him, we'll have to pay a hefty price.

cookster50
11-02-2006, 07:22 PM
We're doomed. You'd be better off bandwagoning some other team, Tony.

Yeah, we are on year 5000 of Carl Peterson's 5 year plan.

KCBOSS1
11-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Yeah, he's going to be a free agent. I saw a reporter on Cold Pizza say that he has the chance to land a starting job with at least one other team, so if we want to keep him, we'll have to pay a hefty price.

Actually, I don't even think that a hefty price would keep him. I'm sure after all these years and getting a taste of action, He wants his shot of starting the latter part of his career. I actually think that he will be leaving and our best bet would be to show him his value mid-season and re-negotiate his contract. Then, maybe we can make it worth his while to stay or have some trade power with him. He is definitely a class act, as is Trent.

JBucc
11-02-2006, 07:33 PM
We're going to suck the next few years. We'll have to find someone to replace the first two decent CB's we've had in a while as well as some new WR's. Trent maybe has a year left so we'll have to hope Croyle really is the QB of the future. But we suck at developing QB's so we'll probably drag that out for 3 or 4 years before realizing it's not going to work and by then LJ will be beaten to death and we'll have to find a RB too. Did I mention Page and Pollard have both suffered career ending injuries by now? So we'll need some new safeties too. Oh and Allen has signed with the Donk's and we still haven't found a good pair of DT's. Shields and Weigmann are long gone so Waters is the only decent player on offense we have left. DJ and Tamba waste away all their best years on crappy teams and retire in shame. The Hunts decide they don't want a part of the NFL anymore and sell the team to a group in LA where the team is moved. But look on the bright side, at least CP isn't our problem anymore.

Easy 6
11-02-2006, 07:34 PM
..We're going to suck the next few years. We'll have to find someone to replace the first two decent CB's we've had the in a while as well as some new WR's. Trent maybe has a year left so we'll have to hope Croyle really is the QB of the future. But we suck at developing QB's so we'll probably drag that our for 3 or 4 years before realizing it's not going to work and by then LJ will be beaten to death and we'll have to find a RB too. Did I mention Page and Pollard have both suffered career ending injuries by now? So we'll need some new safeties too. Oh and Allen has signed with the Donk's and we still haven't found a good pair of DT's. Shields and Weigmann are long gone so Waters is the only decent player on offense we have left. DJ and Tamba waste away all their best years on crappy teams and retire in shame. The hunts decide they don't want a part of the NFL anymore and sell the team to a group in LA where the team is moved. But look on the bright side, at least CP isn't our problem anymore.
ROFL ....................... :hmmm: ........................ :huh:

tonyd
11-02-2006, 07:35 PM
I agree with you that Carl Peterson has got to go.
Good luck I'll be back to root you on

Adept Havelock
11-02-2006, 07:38 PM
We're going to suck the next few years. We'll have to find someone to replace the first two decent CB's we've had in a while as well as some new WR's. Trent maybe has a year left so we'll have to hope Croyle really is the QB of the future. But we suck at developing QB's so we'll probably drag that our for 3 or 4 years before realizing it's not going to work and by then LJ will be beaten to death and we'll have to find a RB too. Did I mention Page and Pollard have both suffered career ending injuries by now? So we'll need some new safeties too. Oh and Allen has signed with the Donk's and we still haven't found a good pair of DT's. Shields and Weigmann are long gone so Waters is the only decent player on offense we have left. DJ and Tamba waste away all their best years on crappy teams and retire in shame. The Hunts decide they don't want a part of the NFL anymore and sell the team to a group in LA where the team is moved. But look on the bright side, at least CP isn't our problem anymore.

LMAO
Wow. That was mecca-riffic.

Count Zarth
11-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Alot will depend on Croyle. If he sucks, we'll suck. We can find some corners. Hali, Allen, Kawika and DJ will make the defense good for a long time.

Deberg_1990
11-02-2006, 07:49 PM
We're going to suck the next few years. We'll have to find someone to replace the first two decent CB's we've had in a while as well as some new WR's. Trent maybe has a year left so we'll have to hope Croyle really is the QB of the future. But we suck at developing QB's so we'll probably drag that out for 3 or 4 years before realizing it's not going to work and by then LJ will be beaten to death and we'll have to find a RB too. Did I mention Page and Pollard have both suffered career ending injuries by now? So we'll need some new safeties too. Oh and Allen has signed with the Donk's and we still haven't found a good pair of DT's. Shields and Weigmann are long gone so Waters is the only decent player on offense we have left. DJ and Tamba waste away all their best years on crappy teams and retire in shame. The Hunts decide they don't want a part of the NFL anymore and sell the team to a group in LA where the team is moved. But look on the bright side, at least CP isn't our problem anymore.

We will never be truly awful under CP because he never lets the team get fully depleted. He relies on bringing in crafty veterans to plug in holes of failed draft picks.

Now, there is a good and bad side to this. The good: The team is is always competative from year to year and seemingly always has a "chance"

The bad: We never get to pick in the top 10 of the draft were we can draft a solid core of franchise talent to build around.

KCBOSS1
11-02-2006, 07:50 PM
JBucc, that's depressing. I hope we do some serious re-vamping. By the way, you're a razorback's fan right. At least their future looks bright over the next few, eh?

JBucc
11-02-2006, 07:52 PM
JBucc, that's depressing. I hope we do some serious re-vamping. By the way, you're a razorback's fan right. At least their future looks bright over the next few, eh?Heck yeah! Next year I think we can be a National Championsip contender.

KCBOSS1
11-02-2006, 07:53 PM
I haven't heard anybody talking about it on the planet. Maybe you should start a thread...

kcirnamffoh
11-02-2006, 08:30 PM
The bad: We never get to pick in the top 10 of the draft were we can draft a solid core of franchise talent to build around.

That's a cop out. I have never liked that kind of thinking. You have to lose before you can get better. Its never been that way. I don't know where people get these silly notions like this.

Denver seemingly has never had a top 10 pick, nor Pittsburg, NE, Philedelphia, St. Louis, and on and on and on. Winners don't come from losers and losing isn't winning. It is not bad to not have top 10 draft picks every year. Top 10 draft picks don't make a winning team. Making the most of your draft picks, period, is the way to win.

Peterson is just good to very good but he is not great. Chiefs won't get to the promise land while Peterson is calling the shots. THAT's THE BAD!!

boogblaster
11-02-2006, 08:38 PM
If you look at the long of it, we're getting better..younger is good with a sprinkling of veterns..that seems to be the look of all the better teams in the NFL..youth,talent,game-day coaching and desire.. we have hope.....

ROYC75
11-02-2006, 08:51 PM
That's a cop out. I have never liked that kind of thinking. You have to lose before you can get better. Its never been that way. I don't know where people get these silly notions like this.

Denver seemingly has never had a top 10 pick, nor Pittsburg, NE, Philedelphia, St. Louis, and on and on and on. Winners don't come from losers and losing isn't winning. It is not bad to not have top 10 draft picks every year. Top 10 draft picks don't make a winning team. Making the most of your draft picks, period, is the way to win.

Peterson is just good to very good but he is not great. Chiefs won't get to the promise land while Peterson is calling the shots. THAT's THE BAD!!

But But But, that USFL resume looked very good to Lamar.

KCChiefsMan
11-02-2006, 09:44 PM
in the next few year the chiefs will be dominate or they be execute