PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 Question?

ChiTown
11-03-2006, 08:16 AM
First, does anyone here have one (stupid question I know) and what are your thoughts on it. Second, where is the best place to buy one of these (least expensive as well, if possible). Lastly, are they really worth it vs. the old XBox's.

I don't play video games (I'm a dumb olde fugger who stopped playing video games in the early 90's), so I don't have any clue on this chit. I want to get one of these systems for my kids for X-Mas. So, any help, ideas, comments would be valuable and appreciated. Thanks!

Rain Man
11-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Are your kids too skinny now?

wutamess
11-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Get the $400 version.
IN the Media Center forum there's threads at the top.

Everywhere they're the same price.
You can sometimes find deals on fatwallet.com

Saw one for $351 for premium system.

Make SURE to get the Premium system.

ChiTown
11-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Are your kids too skinny now?

LOL. Yes, very. We plan to limit their intake of video games. We're pretty strict on the parenting front. My kids fear me - I use my size to my advantage ;)

ChiTown
11-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Get the $400 version.
IN the Media Center forum there's threads at the top.

Everywhere they're the same price.
You can sometimes find deals on fatwallet.com

Saw one for $351 for premium system.

Make SURE to get the Premium system.

Excellent. Thank you very much!

cookster50
11-03-2006, 08:57 AM
I don't have one, but from what I've seen, to get the most of it you need a HD tv.

Redrum_69
11-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Gears of War for the 360....due out this month, supposedly on the 7th.

HALO 3...one year away

Call of Duty 3...November too

Medal of Honor: Airborne

Golden Axe...

And...the best for last....Viva Pinata

http://vivapinata.com/news/Pinata_News.htm

wutamess
11-03-2006, 09:45 AM
RR69... Flag football next weekend?

Redrum_69
11-03-2006, 09:48 AM
RR69... Flag football next weekend?

Thats a possiblity...85% chance

icepick64
11-03-2006, 09:53 AM
The system is great. Graphics are awesome, Xbox live is great with demo and video downloads for free, games are good to with the better ones coming up. Only problem I can see with it, is that is seems to be a money pit. To get another controller $30-$50, xbox live gold $50 for a year, points $20, rechargable batteries, charger etc, etc, etc. Oh and games are $60 and haven't really gone down :banghead:.

Woodrow Call
11-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Gears of War for the 360....due out this month, supposedly on the 7th.

HALO 3...one year away

Call of Duty 3...November too

Medal of Honor: Airborne

Golden Axe...

Gears of War is going to be bad ass. I'm taking Tuesday off at work just so I can play the hell out it.

htismaqe
11-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Yes I have one. Yes it was worth it. I got mine at Wal-Mart because everybody else was sold out. Don't have any complaints.

All of that being said, I'm not sure it's the right system for your kids, depending on how old they are. The games, by and large, are more geared towards teens and adults. And the online stuff can be rather rough for kids unless you set it up for them, which it doesn't sound like you'll want (or be able) to do...

Ultra Peanut
11-03-2006, 10:40 AM
It's excellent. But yeah, unless your kids are older (16+) teenagers, I'd suggest something else.

If only prevent them from calling other people faggot nigger jews over Live.

Marlboro_Chief
06-10-2007, 11:48 PM
It's excellent. But yeah, unless your kids are older (16+) teenagers, I'd suggest something else.

I did a search for the 24th word in this post and this one of the two threads that had this term in the site's files.

Holding up a long-storied tradition in the state of Missouri

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8720/mobattlezc2.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Fried Meat Ball!
06-11-2007, 06:25 AM
Oblivion. Get Oblivion.

Wait... how old are the kids?

pr_capone
06-11-2007, 09:47 AM

FTW

I bought the game for my wife (new gamer) and she is drawn to it like a Lohan to cocaine.

htismaqe
06-11-2007, 09:48 AM
FTW

I bought the game for my wife (new gamer) and she is drawn to it like a Lohan to cocaine.

My 5-year old and wife, together, have over 110 hours in that game and they're still playing it daily.

Cochise
06-11-2007, 09:48 AM

The people who populate XBL are the scum of the earth, in large part.

htismaqe
06-11-2007, 09:53 AM
The people who populate XBL are the scum of the earth, in large part.

Most online services are like that.

JBucc
06-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I hate that you can still hear people through your speakers. Hey Microsoft, I unplugged my headset so I WOULDN'T have to listen to a 12 year old tell me to **** off. Is there any way to disable that?

htismaqe
06-11-2007, 10:02 AM
I hate that you can still hear people through your speakers. Hey Microsoft, I unplugged my headset so I WOULDN'T have to listen to a 12 year old tell me to **** off. Is there any way to disable that?

Yeah, there's a way to disable it, I'm pretty sure.

El Jefe
06-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Lastly, are they really worth it vs. the old XBox's

Hands down my friend. I bought mine when it was just out, and I got an extra controller and a few new games and spent about $800 on it, and I have only played it like 15 times lol. I waited for a few months to get it mainly because they hadnt shipped anymore, and was waiting for them to work any of the kinks out. Its one sweet machine, I would make sure to buy Halo 1 and 2, and definetely Gears of War, that game is awesome.

QuikSsurfer
06-11-2007, 10:20 AM
i don't remember exact menu names but while in game, hit ur guide button (big circular button on controller).. audio/chat preferences - then u have the option to play through "headset" or "headset and speakers"... just select headset.

JBucc
06-11-2007, 10:28 AM
i don't remember exact menu names but while in game, hit ur guide button (big circular button on controller).. audio/chat preferences - then u have the option to play through "headset" or "headset and speakers"... just select headset.Cool thanks.

Valiant
06-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Can't you put certain players on ignore???

Cochise
06-11-2007, 02:28 PM
There are a lot of systems available on ebay at a discount, usually with some extras bundled in. Worth a look.