PDA

View Full Version : Why Berkeley is Berkeley

gblowfish
11-03-2006, 02:25 PM
One of my best buddies, a guy from KC, now lives in Berkeley and rents houses to students at Cal. He sent me a link to this story. Cal is talking about rennovating their football stadium. Some locals are petitioning the University because the new construction will block a free view of the game from "Tightwad Hill." What gets me is how indignant they are that someone would mess with their freebie. Talk about nuisance lawsuits...
Story is here:
http://tinyurl.com/yha9nk

gblowfish
11-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Here's the current free view from Tightwad Hill. Kind of like being upstairs at Arrowhead...

Frazod
11-03-2006, 02:32 PM
This reminds me of the assholes across the street from Wrigley that think they have the right to watch for free what others pay to see. I don't have alot of sympathy for either group.

Dartgod
11-03-2006, 02:40 PM
This reminds me of the assholes across the street from Wrigley that think they have the right to watch for free what others pay to see. I don't have alot of sympathy for either group.I'm not a White Sox fan by any stretch, but one of the highlights of my Chicago trip this year was watching the Cubs blow a 9th inning lead against the Sox and seeing the bleacher bums go apeshit and start littering the field with cups, bottles and other assorted garbage.

ROFL

Frazod
11-03-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm not a White Sox fan by any stretch, but one of the highlights of my Chicago trip this year was watching the Cubs blow a 9th inning lead against the Sox and seeing the bleacher bums go apeshit and start littering the field with cups, bottles and other assorted garbage.

ROFL

Yeah, Cub losses are great, especially in person.

And I haven't driven past Wrigley wearning my Cardinals stuff blasting WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS on my stereo yet, but rest assured, I will. :evil:

Dartgod
11-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Yeah, Cub losses are great, especially in person.

And I haven't driven past Wrigley wearning my Cardinals stuff blasting WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS on my stereo yet, but rest assured, I will. :evil:
Classless and deranged....

I like it.

JBucc
11-03-2006, 02:45 PM
The dorm I'm in is right next to the football stadium but they have two big trees and a scoreboard in the way so we can't see. They won't let us on the roof either.

Frazod
11-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Classless and deranged....

I like it.

Thanks. I try. :)

Jayhawkerman2001
11-03-2006, 03:11 PM
My uncle was a professor at Berkley, now at Oregon, and we visited him for a couple weeks a couple years ago. Berkley is a gorgeous town and fun to walk around, but the liberal pieces of shit there got on my nerves too damned much.

Mojo Rising
11-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Those communists across the Bay had the bright idea of putting an option on their ballot to impeach Bush and Cheney. So this year on our ballot we had to follow suit and put it on our ballot. Idiotic.