PDA

View Full Version : What kind of flame warrior are you?

KC Jones
01-11-2001, 03:50 PM
I just stumbled across this site and found it to be hilarious. I haven't found myself yet, but have recognized a few of you ;)

<a href="http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html">flame warriors</a>

Phobia
01-11-2001, 04:13 PM
Funny, Funny stuff! I could spend a whole day reading that stuff....

KC Jones
01-11-2001, 04:18 PM
We may have a few <a href="http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame55.html">idealogues</a> around here - including myself to some degree :)

I'd say politics is definitely a <a href="http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame65.html">grenade</a> too.

hawaiianboy
01-11-2001, 04:31 PM
Friggen hilarious!!

Though they left out Delusional (most Chief fans)....

and my category... Handsome genious (hehe)..........

Funny stuff!

HC_Chief
01-11-2001, 04:34 PM
LOL - that is great! :D

AJKCFAN
01-11-2001, 07:14 PM
KC Jones:

I don't know where you found that site... but wherever you found it, what an awesome site!!!

Loved the pictures that went with the description for each Flame Warrior.

Just who on this BB is which Flame Warrior would be interesting to find out...

morphius
01-11-2001, 08:13 PM
That is funny, luckily none of them fit me.

Morphius
Denial is a wonderful thing.

morphius
01-11-2001, 08:19 PM
Though I hate to head into this realm, well kind of, I have found Kenny, it is amazing how perfect this fits him.

<a href=http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame60.html>Artful Dodger</a>

AJKCFAN
01-11-2001, 09:03 PM
Morphius:

He can fit the profile of so many Flame Warriors, can't he?

My initial impression of him was Target, but it seemed like every other character was a good label to put on him...

morphius
01-11-2001, 09:30 PM
AJ - I see your point, Ferrous Cranus
is also pretty close to him as well.

AJKCFAN
01-11-2001, 09:43 PM
Morphius:

That's for sure...

Tireless Rebutter is another one off the top of my head which serves as an accurate description.

morphius
01-11-2001, 09:46 PM
AJ - Without a doubt! Unfortunitly I have found that I'm minor pieces of many of them as well.

Mark M
01-12-2001, 07:15 AM
Damn that was funny. Kenny is so the Targeted Tireless Rebutter.

I used Latin once...does that make me Profundis Maximus? :)

I see myself more as a Jeckyl and Hyde Philospher, although I'm sure some will see me differently.

And we have ssssooooooo many Idealogues it's scary!! :D Can anyone guess who Titus is?

MM
~~Waiting to see what happens with this thread.

morphius
01-12-2001, 07:49 AM
MM - Titus was easy :)

58Forever
01-12-2001, 08:05 AM
I aspire to be:

Kung Fu Master...sorry I can't seem to get the picture or link to appear

[EdFlame Warriors

Kung-Fu Master

Though Kung-Fu Masters are powerful Warriors, they generally choose not to fight. Many lesser Warriors delude themselves into thinking that they are masters of war, but few are the genuine article. The true Kung-Fu master fully appreciates his own superiority and is therefore unruffled by petty provocations. When forced to fight, however, he quickly crushes his opponent with devastating blows.
Next
Back
Table of Contents

Back to Sketchbook

ited by 58Forever on 01-12-2001 at 09:11 AM]

[Edited by 58Forever on 01-12-2001 at 09:17 AM]

KCTitus
01-12-2001, 08:06 AM
I know, I know...the Archivist.

Hey, somebody's got to do it...besides it's soo much fun!

:)

Mark M
01-12-2001, 08:09 AM
Titus--
All BB's need an Archivist...and you're the best I've ever seen! Keep up the good work! :D

I tried to send you an e-mail, but there is no link on the "members" page. My sister remembers you from high school. She wasn't sure if you'd remember her, but she wanted to say "Hi".

MM
~~Knows that having all types make the board a better place to be!

[Edited by Mark M on 01-12-2001 at 09:12 AM]

KCTitus
01-12-2001, 08:18 AM
MM: Send me an email to GTitus@kansascity.com, I'll reply back tonight with my home email address.

Im sure I will remember her when you tell me her name. Hopefully her memory of me isnt bad. :)

redhed
01-12-2001, 08:47 AM
Wow! That's some funny stuff! I must've spent a hour +1/2 or so there last night. I think right now I'm a hybrid of Rott pup/Eagle scout/trog. I am many things...

Iowanian
01-12-2001, 09:00 AM
That was some very funny stuff....The similarities to the personalities is almost scary...I kept having names come to mind as i read the descriptions..

I think I'd classify myself rotpup/picador/evilclown...with instinces of others...

When I saw "swarm" i though of Overheads entrance this fall...

Gaz
01-12-2001, 09:00 AM
Too much fun!

It's funny how people come to mind as you read them…

xoxo~
gaz
nunquam uti Latin

ROYC75
01-12-2001, 09:16 AM
OMG....some of these are great...I can see alot of us on some of these!

NaptownChief
01-12-2001, 09:25 AM
This is some funny $hit...I see my self as a mix between Jerk and Big Dog...So since I see my self as Big Dog you proably should go ahead and add Ego to the mix...

Brock
01-12-2001, 09:36 AM
Actually, I think this is Ken.

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame57.html

HC_Chief
01-12-2001, 09:39 AM
Good call Brock! :)

Mark M
01-12-2001, 09:43 AM
Anyone starting to think that Ken is a little bit of all of the annoying warriors? Of couse, I'm sure he considers himself a Kung-Fu master.

They need a Darth Vader Warrior for all Raiders' fans: They just blindly follow the dark side, posting messages such as "We will crush your insignificant rebellion," and hurling virtual batteries, beer and nails at all that oppose them.

MM
~~Has to take a cheap shot every now and then to keep up with his Jekyl and Hyde persona.

[Edited by Mark M on 01-12-2001 at 10:55 AM]

KC Jones
01-12-2001, 09:57 AM
Ken's Carl Peterson bashing (http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame28.html)

Spelling Police
01-12-2001, 10:24 AM
As there appears to be much confusion surrounding its proper use and form, I offer the following:

<i>Ellipsis: Use four dots at the end of a sentence, three dots within a sentence. There should be no spaces before or after an ellipsis.</i>

Iowanian
01-12-2001, 10:29 AM
Spelling Police,

Why do I have a vision for "this character" of Cartman with the CHIPS glasses on, riding a big wheel, and saying "respect my authority!!"?

Mark M
01-12-2001, 10:46 AM
Spelling-
Actually, you're wrong according to the AP Style guide:

( … ) In general, treat an ellipsis as a three-letter word, constructed with three periods and two spaces, as shown here. … Leave one regular space on both sides of an ellipsis.

MM
~~Just playing along.

Lightning Rod
01-12-2001, 10:49 AM
LMAO

Spelling Police
01-12-2001, 12:41 PM
Mark M,

As I am certain you are aware, style guides differ and have evolved since their inception. For example, the classical style that I learned in my youth specified spaces before and after each period when used mid-sentence. You are correct, however, in pointing out the proper AP rule regarding ellipsis usage.

Perhaps we, as a cyber-community, should agree on an appropriate style guideline for our bulletin board to avoid future discord.

NaptownChief
01-12-2001, 12:48 PM
As a cyber-community we need to remove the anal retention...

redhed
01-12-2001, 12:53 PM
And I was under the impression if you know the rules, you can break the rules ........... ........... ......... .

Iowanian
01-12-2001, 01:07 PM
Phonix 5-0,

what be da propa use u dem eclipseses wit ebonics, yo?
Peace out, true true...solid

JL8,
Fridays were created specifically for anal retention reduction. Per the topic, I fully intend on a stress reduction clinic at a local "repository of beverage" in a few short hours..:)

Spelling Police
01-12-2001, 01:25 PM
Proper use of grammar and punctuation is anal retentive? I think not.

Perhaps you only feel thusly because you have been spared the ravages of intelligence and prefer to wallow in the beautiful oblivion of Dante's grammatical inferno. (That would be Level 8, with the Falsifiers of Words.)

Gaz
01-12-2001, 01:30 PM
I tought I taw a Grammarian.

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame31.html

I did! I did! I did taw a Grammarian!

xoxo~
gaz
keeping his eyes peeled for more species.

Raiderhader
01-12-2001, 02:48 PM
This is cool. I see myself as a Rott Pup/Ideologue. Also a little Philosepher and Tireless Rebutter mixed in.

Mark, #26 LMAO!

milkman
01-13-2001, 06:34 AM
Cool site.
I see myself as a cross between Rottpup/Jekyl&Hyde, with a little Picador on the side.
KC Jones,
I don't see Ken so much as Issues.
There is a certain TRaider fan that proclaims herself to be a Chief fan on the Star BB that seems to fit that profile rather well.

Mark M
01-13-2001, 05:22 PM
Gaz--
LMAO!!!

Spelling--
While I have degrees in Literature and Creative Writing, and am an incredibly anal retentive person (which my wife loves ... she doesn't have to clean much) I find that enforcing grammatical rules on this BB to be untterly ridiculous. Unless it's so bad that you can't understand it, I don't see the point. Out of curiosity, were you potty trained at gun point?

MM
~~Showing his Hyde side tonight (must be the Fosters).

AJKCFAN
01-13-2001, 09:39 PM
Nobody has claimed to be Kung Fu Master yet...

Who would be the candidates?

Spelling Police
01-14-2001, 06:15 AM
I find that enforcing grammatical rules on this BB to be untterly ridiculous.

I can only assume that your misspelling of "utterly" was intentional, Mark, and intended to convey your agreement that grammatical rules <i>should</i> be enforced in this forum. Surely we can all agree on the merits of such an action.

I could easily overemphasize the importance of good grammar. For example, I could say, "Bad grammar is the leading cause of slow, painful death in North America" or "Without good grammar, the United States would have lost World War II." To do so, however, would trivialize an issue that is far from trivial.

Some people <i>will</i> say these are trivial matters--they are not. They are of bad example. They tend to spread the baneful notion that there is no such thing as a high, correct standard in intellectual matters, that every one may as well take his own way. They are, however, at variance with the severe discipline necessary for all real culture. They confirm us in habits of wilfulness and eccentricity, which hurt our minds, and damage our credit with serious people.

Mosbonian
01-14-2001, 09:51 AM
I would love to label myself, but I don't think i would be as honest, or for that matter right, if I did.

So I am going to make myself a guinea pig, with a promise of no whining(ok, so I will try not to whine) and ask my fellow boarders how you would categorize me.

Anyone want to offer an opinion?(and try not to be offensive)

mark

morphius
01-14-2001, 10:52 AM
Sorry, I just wanted to test something

milkman
01-14-2001, 11:16 AM
Mark,
I'll give it a shot.
I see you as a cross between philospher and idealogue, with big dog tossed in when challenged.

Mosbonian
01-14-2001, 12:36 PM
Thanks Milkman...

I appreciate the opinion.

mark

Mark M
01-14-2001, 03:31 PM
Spelling--
Yes, I did spell it that way on purpose to prove my point--that even people like me who read everything with an editor's eye (mainly because I edit all day at work) and who have degrees in English don't think a forum like this is the place to enforce grammatical rules. People try to type quickly due to time constraints (like me at work) or other reasons. I agree with you that there has been and incredible down-turn in "proper" English. I hope you realize, however, that language is ever-evolving, and rules that were once held in high regard change. Just look at the word "ain't." I was always told that ain't ain't a word. But it has become more accepted in the past 20 years or so.

I guess we'll never agree on this point. Just try to be kind when correcting me and others (you've done a good job of that so far). :)

Mark--
You are without a doubt a Philosopher. And that's a good thing. :)

MM
~~Duzint alwayz hav tim to spel chek.