PDA

View Full Version : A Question For The Beer Drinkers On The Board

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 07:44 PM
I see alot of beer connoisseur's on the board..

I see brown ale..pale ale..newcastle..blah blah blah..
Here is my question..after I drink my 3rd beer,they all taste the same..
Can you really taste the difference after you have had a couple??

PS..Dark beer does not count..

ENDelt260
11-03-2006, 07:44 PM
What's your classification of dark beer and why doesn't it count?

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 07:48 PM
What's your classification of dark beer and why doesn't it count?
HAHAHA..
How did I know you would be the first one to reply. :D

My classification of dark beer would be either dinkel acker/becks/heineken dark..or any ale/pilsner mixed with guiness stout

And the reason would be..I could taste the difference

Bwana
11-03-2006, 07:49 PM
You don't like stouts and or Porters? WTF Bill??

runnercyclist
11-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Of course I can tell the difference after two beers or three or five.

Of course I wouldnt drink fizzy yellow pilsners made with adjuncts i.e Bud, Miller, Coors.

I can certainly see how these would all start tasting the same after a few as they begin tasting like shit.

I drink for the flavor of the beer not the $5 buzz tha BMC delivers.

P.S. My homebrewed Pumpkin Ale was tapped on Halloween and was delicious. The keg (5gal) was killed in a little under 3 hours by my friends and parents of trick or treaters to my house.

ENDelt260
11-03-2006, 07:51 PM
So, you want to know if I can taste the difference between a Newcastle and a Bud Light... or a Newcastle and another similarly flavored brown ale?

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 07:54 PM
You don't like stouts and or Porters? WTF Bill??
I didn't say that..

There are not too many beers I dont like..I'm just saying that tasting them after I have had a couple effects my taste buds..and I cant taste the difference..

Besides..how many stouts can you possibly drink in one night without exploding???

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 07:55 PM
So, you want to know if I can taste the difference a Newcastle and another similarly flavored brown ale?

Yes..

ENDelt260
Besides..how many stouts can you possibly drink in one night without exploding???

I toss back stouts just like I would any other beer. I've never worried about exploding. It's the black, sticky shit the next day that gets me.

Nzoner
Of course I wouldnt drink fizzy yellow pilsners made with adjuncts i.e Bud, Miller, Coors.

I can certainly see how these would all start tasting the same after a few as they begin tasting like shit.

Interesting,I've found those that you listed taste like shit from the first drink

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 07:56 PM
WTF Archie???

Repost the ****in post!! :cuss: :cuss:

Archie F. Swin
sorry guys...I'm sober

Bwana
I didn't say that..

There are not too many beers I dont like..I'm just saying that tasting them after I have had a couple effects my taste buds..and I cant taste the difference..

I agree, stouts and porrts are not beers you sit around and drink all night long. As far as your question, yes, it is easy to tell in the event it isn't swill most of the time. It depends what you are drinking.

ENDelt260
11-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Yes..
Newcastle vs. Bud Light.... yes, absolutely. They're light years apart.

Newcastle vs. another brown ale... it's gonna depend on how similar they are, I guess. I'm sure there's brown ales out there you could slip in my glass after I've had a few Newcastles and I wouldn't catch on. There's certainly others I'd notice right away.

So, in your initial post, are you saying you can't tell the difference between a Newcastle and a Bud Light?

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 07:58 PM
I toss back stouts just like I would any other beer. I've never worried about exploding. It's the black, sticky shit the next day that gets me.
Gotchya..it's a binding experience...

Bwana
sorry guys...I'm sober

*Snicker* Just flipping you a little chit Archie. :)

ENDelt260
I agree, stouts and porrts are not beers you sit around and drink all night long.

The hell they're not.

ENDelt260
11-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Gotchya..it's a binding experience...
Not so much binding.... just a lot of wiping.

runnercyclist
11-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Interesting,I've found those that you listed taste like shit from the first drink

exactly

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Newcastle vs. Bud Light.... yes, absolutely. They're light years apart.

Newcastle vs. another brown ale... it's gonna depend on how similar they are, I guess. I'm sure there's brown ales out there you could slip in my glass after I've had a few Newcastles and I wouldn't catch on. There's certainly others I'd notice right away.

So, in your initial post, are you saying you can't tell the difference between a Newcastle and a Bud Light?

No..it would be a Newcastle vs another brown ale..

I stick with one beer all the time(maybe it's a geographical thing)
But I like Becks..

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 08:04 PM
I agree, stouts and porrts are not beers you sit around and drink all night long. As far as your question, yes, it is easy to tell in the event it isn't swill most of the time. It depends what you are drinking.
Good point..if somebody offers me a coors light or bud I would notice for sure..

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Not so much binding.... just a lot of wiping.
ROFL

Too much info!!! ROFL

ENDelt260
11-03-2006, 08:05 PM
I stick with one beer all the time(maybe it's a geographical thing)

I tend to stick to one beer all night... but, there's so many good beers out there, it'd be criminal to limit myself to one forever.

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 08:06 PM
I tend to stick to one beer all night... but, there's so many good beers out there, it'd be criminal to limit myself to one forever.
Good point..

ENDelt260
11-03-2006, 08:06 PM
ROFL

Too much info!!! ROFL
Hey, but now you know. If you ever find ourself out drinking and considering tossing back 12 or 20 stouts, take into consideration, "I'm going to have an unpleasant experience in the bathroom tomorrow."

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Hey, but now you know. If you ever find ourself out drinking and considering tossing back 12 or 20 stouts, take into consideration, "I'm going to have an unpleasant experience in the bathroom tomorrow."
Nice..yes,now I know :)

Archie F. Swin
11-03-2006, 08:15 PM
I got to go 3 more hours before I can break one open
:sulk:

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 08:16 PM
I got to go 3 more hours before I can break one open
:sulk:
Why Archie?? :hmmm:

Archie F. Swin
11-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Dont get off until 11:00ish

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Well..I hope my thread made the night go a little faster for you bud..

Cheers at 11:00!!! :)

bogie
11-03-2006, 08:21 PM
heineken, say no more.

Lzen
11-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Answer: Yes, I can still taste the difference after 2 or 3 beers. Now after a 6 pack, I might not care much. Well, unless you hand me some kinda crap like a Coors light. Then I might have to kill you.

DaFace
11-03-2006, 08:25 PM

I'd make a point to watch your web rebroadcast gizmo if you threw back a few first. :)

ENDelt260
11-03-2006, 08:31 PM
heineken, say no more.
I'll stop at just saying no.

Archie F. Swin
11-03-2006, 08:32 PM
I'd make a point to watch your web rebroadcast gizmo if you threw back a few first. :)

every weather center should have a keg as standard equipment

BigOlChiefsfan
11-03-2006, 09:10 PM
every weather center should have a keg as standard equipment

Tell the Station manager it's a necessary new piece of equipment, a 'Bladder barometer'.

(Archie knocking knuckles on the keg)
*Thonk thonk*
"I see that our bladder barometer is half empty. Kids, you know that means a high pressure zone is moving into my bladder. I'd better trot over and fill the kidney raingauge, so back with your 7 day forecast after this".

Archie F. Swin
11-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Tell the Station manager it's a necessary new piece of equipment, a 'Bladder barometer'.

(Archie knocking knuckles on the keg)
*Thonk thonk*
"I see that our bladder barometer is half empty. Kids, you know that means a high pressure zone is moving into my bladder. I'd better trot over and fill the kidney raingauge, so back with your 7 day forecast after this".

yeah, and I need a doppler kegdar to see where the closest beer truck is

chagrin
11-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Dude - you marinade Raosts with Porter, you don't drink it!

But seriously, the question you put out is obviously too general to answer with anything but opinion.

So mine is, YES - you can totally tell the difference. It's the same as asking if you can tell the difference between Diet Coke and Regular Coke.

Why doesn't dark beer count? Do you mean Stouts, Bocks? There's even a Black Lager, By Sam Adams. Some Wheat beers are Dark.

Anyway, yes, you can taste the difference, at least I can.

KC Jones
11-03-2006, 09:35 PM
I have drunk quite a bit of beer this evening... and I must say that although my ability to distinguish how bitter a particular beer is or pick up on all of the nuances is quite diminished, I can still tell a decent beer from some piss ass megabrewry psuedo-lager. Hmmm... I'm in the mood for some whiskey now, time to crack the Oban.

chagrin
11-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Furthermore, I don't care what you've had, if you can't tell that you are drinking an IPA, or any pale ale, then you should just stick to Natty Ice, or Bud/Miller Lite; maybe even graduate to Killians

Bwana
11-03-2006, 09:42 PM
The hell they're not.

Heh, Buillshit. I hav enever seen anyone sit around all night and put away 15-20 stouts.

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Heh, Buillshit. I hav enever seen anyone sit around all night and put away 15-20 stouts.
I dont know..he definitely paid the price on the other end!! ;)

Archie F. Swin
11-03-2006, 09:50 PM
man, I want a Choc so bad right now.
http://www.petes.org/images/chocbottle200.jpg

damn

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 09:53 PM
man, I want a Choc so bad right now.
http://www.petes.org/images/chocbottle200.jpg

damn
10 more minutes Archie :drool:

Archie F. Swin
11-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Actually, all I gots in the fridge now is Bud. Better than nuthin' I guess

boogblaster
11-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Like dark if Im eating BBQ .. other wise start out with red-beers then about anything that isnt light..really like draft in a frozen mug..ole bar in my hometown had the coldest beer around.. miss that place.....

Archie F. Swin
11-03-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm a big fan of microbrew...love Boulevard and all them...but Old Milwaukee in a 16 ounce can will do in a pinch too

I'm the Will Rogers of beer drinkers

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm a big fan of microbrew...love Boulevard and all them...but Old Milwaukee in a 16 ounce can will do in a pinch too

I'm the Will Rogers of beer drinkers
Old Milwaukee???yuck!!!try this!!!

http://www.geocities.com/rraattbbooyy/images/Colt45.jpg

noa
11-03-2006, 10:18 PM
If you're getting high quality beers, you shouldn't need as many (because they have higher alcohol contents) to get drunk and you might be able to maintain your sense of taste that way. Just limit yourself to a few really good beers. For me, that includes beers like Kwak, Leffe, Delerium, etc.
As for microbrews, I'm a big fan of Anderson Valley (especially their oatmeal stout) and of course Boulevard.

StcChief
11-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Do a blind taste test....

Amber Ales vs Lagers, Pilsners.....different taste if it's 1st or 6th.

German Dark Wheats, Doopel Bocks, Oktoberfest

English Sam Smith, Newcastle BrownAle

way different than American Lagers.. Bud, MGD, Coors, Old Mill....

Japense Rice beer, Sapparo, Kirin, Chinese Tingtao, etc.

Archie F. Swin
11-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Old Milwaukee???yuck!!!try this!!!

http://www.geocities.com/rraattbbooyy/images/Colt45.jpg

of all the malts, C45 is one of the better ones.

ENDelt260
11-03-2006, 10:52 PM
That's only cause we haven't hung out.

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 11:04 PM
of all the malts, C45 is one of the better ones.
:shake: :shake:

Archie F. Swin
11-04-2006, 12:04 AM
I'll never forget the time I was in the Navy and had a 2nd floor apt in Jacksonville. I was standing on the balcony with a real good buzz on Schlitz Malt Liquor, smoking a cheap cigarette. Took a hit and got a stick or a stem or something and it made me gag. I wretched and turned to the balcony rail. All I can say is, I'm glad our 1st floor neighbor wasn't enjoying a sit on his porch.

:Lin:

Bob Dole
11-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Thankfully, Bob Dole doesn't drink.

Count Alex's Losses
11-04-2006, 01:42 AM
I'll never forget the time I was in the Navy and had a 2nd floor apt in Jacksonville. I was standing on the balcony with a real good buzz on Schlitz Malt Liquor, smoking a cheap cigarette. Took a hit and got a stick or a stem or something and it made me gag. I wretched and turned to the balcony rail. All I can say is, I'm glad our 1st floor neighbor wasn't enjoying a sit on his porch.

But...you seemed so responsible in person....

luv
11-04-2006, 01:43 AM
Thankfully, Bob Dole doesn't drink.
How was that Chargers game?

sedated
11-04-2006, 02:40 AM
quick answer:

can you tell the difference between bad beer and good beer" YES

can you tell the difference bwtween 2 sh!tty domestics? NO

can you tell the difference between 2 good beers? probably, but that means you need to drink more

ENDelt260
11-04-2006, 02:47 AM
can you tell the difference between 2 good beers? probably, but that means you need to drink more

Are you conscious, Brian? Yes, but that probably means I need to drink more.

sedated
11-04-2006, 02:48 AM
Are you conscious, Brian? Yes, but that probably means I need to drink more.

i think it's a suitable answer to every question life throws at you

ENDelt260
11-04-2006, 02:52 AM
i think it's a suitable answer to every question life throws at you
Yes. Even to, "Are you drunk?" if nothing else for the confused looks on their faces.

sedated
11-04-2006, 02:53 AM
Yes. Even to, "Are you drunk?" if nothing else for the confused looks on their faces.

especially to those assh0le cops

ENDelt260
11-04-2006, 02:55 AM
especially to those assh0le cops
"Do you now how fast you were going?"

"All I know is I was spilling my beer all over the ****ing place."

sedated
11-04-2006, 03:07 AM
"Do you now how fast you were going?"

i'm sorry, i couldn't see the speedometer over the bong

Count Alex's Losses
11-04-2006, 03:11 AM
You folks need some religion. This kind of talk doesn't sit well with the Lord.

CHIEF4EVER
11-04-2006, 03:15 AM
Personally, I can tell the difference between beers no matter how much I have had.

I brew my own and it costs less than going out and buying commercial beer. It is also MUCH better quality. I prefer Hefeweizen and German or Czech Lagers. I recently bottled an Oktoberfest I lagered since early April and it is SUPERB.

Bwana
11-04-2006, 07:17 AM
That's only cause we haven't hung out.

Heh, At some point we will stout master. :fire:

StcChief
11-04-2006, 07:23 AM
Personally, I can tell the difference between beers no matter how much I have had.

I brew my own and it costs less than going out and buying commercial beer. It is also MUCH better quality. I prefer Hefeweizen and German or Czech Lagers. I recently bottled an Oktoberfest I lagered since early April and it is SUPERB.You should be my neighbor.

blueballs
11-04-2006, 10:40 AM
a Parcells thread that speaks the truth

Bill Parcells
11-04-2006, 10:44 AM
a Parcells thread that speaks the truth
But,you had to come in and stink it up :shake:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/780000/images/_784033_crackaddict_150.jpg

This is about beer..not your addiction

blueballs
11-04-2006, 10:46 AM
speaking of stink
J E T S JETS JETS JETS

Fairplay
11-04-2006, 10:47 AM
I'll never forget the time I was in the Navy and had a 2nd floor apt in Jacksonville. I was standing on the balcony with a real good buzz on Schlitz Malt Liquor, smoking a roach. Took a hit and got a stick or a stem or something and it made me gag. I wretched and turned to the balcony rail. All I can say is, I'm glad our 1st floor neighbor wasn't enjoying a sit on his porch.

:Lin:

Fixed your post.

Bill Parcells
11-04-2006, 10:50 AM
speaking of stink
J E T S JETS JETS JETS
4-4 idiot..is that what you consider stink??

blueballs
11-04-2006, 10:52 AM
it's not the record
it's the organization

can't get tickets to see the Giants
so settle for tthe step-sisters

Bill Parcells
11-04-2006, 11:01 AM
it's not the record
it's the organization

can't get tickets to see the Giants
so settle for tthe step-sisters
You are a ****ing retard..

So..I will give you a history lesson, dumbass..
I have had season tickets since 1978..when you were still a thought in your daddy's nutsack..
The Giants were not great during that period..and in fact, the Jets used to beat the Giants regularly until my namesake took over the Giants..
So your moronic idiology makes no sense..but..then again..nothing you say ever surprises me

Fairplay
11-04-2006, 11:06 AM

I have had season tickets since 1978..when you were still a thought in your daddy's nutsack..
The Giants were not great during that period..and in fact, the Jets used to beat the Giants regularly until my namesake took over the Giants..
So your moronic idiology makes no sense..but..then again..nothing you say ever surprises me

:eek:

blueballs
11-04-2006, 11:13 AM
so they JETS players worked in a message palor
while in drag for extra cash
because of the cheap owner

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 11:14 AM
so they JETS players worked in a message palor

ROFL

Bill Parcells
11-04-2006, 11:18 AM
so they JETS players worked in amessage palor
:shrug:

A message palor???

WTF IS THAT?? ROFL

Bill Parcells
11-04-2006, 11:18 AM
ROFL
ROFL
And you understood it?? ROFL

blueballs
11-04-2006, 11:20 AM
stupid JETS fan
the reason bleach bottles say
not for drinking or internal use

Adept Havelock
11-04-2006, 11:36 AM

I really have no idea, but I intend to do a lot of research on that interesting question this weekend. Strictly in the interest of Science, of course.

:shrug:

A message palor???

WTF IS THAT?? ROFL

That's where they IM you dirty words as a "happy ending". :)

Bill Parcells
11-04-2006, 12:52 PM
I really have no idea, but I intend to do a lot of research on that interesting question this weekend. Strictly in the interest of Science, of course.
Be careful..according to Endelt..you will have unpleasant results :shake:
http://www.americaninventorspot.com/files/active/5/696_small.jpg
That's where they IM you dirty words as a "happy ending". :)
ROFL

ENDelt260
11-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Heh, At some point we will stout master. :fire:
Hey man, ever had Moose Drool (http://www.bigskybrew.com/process/moosedrool.html)? It's brewed up in your part of the world. They just got it on tap at my favorite local bar. I was tossin' those puppies back last night. It's tasty, though a bit pricey. I was dropping $7.50 per 32 oz pitcher.

Bwana
11-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Hey man, ever had Moose Drool (http://www.bigskybrew.com/process/moosedrool.html)? It's brewed up in your part of the world. They just got it on tap at my favorite local bar. I was tossin' those puppies back last night. It's tasty, though a bit pricey. I was dropping $7.50 per 32 oz pitcher.

Oh yeah, I drink it all the time. It is indeed a tasty beverage. I may even have some out in my man fridge out in the shop. :thumb:

Calcountry
11-04-2006, 03:58 PM

So your moronic idiology makes no sense..but..then again..nothing you say ever surprises meBlue Balls is the by-product of Red Rum nailing his own mom.

chagrin
11-04-2006, 05:40 PM
I just checked out that link - How does Moose Drool compare to say, Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale?

runnercyclist
11-04-2006, 06:24 PM

I brew my own and it costs less than going out and buying commercial beer. It is also MUCH better quality. I prefer Hefeweizen and German or Czech Lagers. I recently bottled an Oktoberfest I lagered since early April and it is SUPERB.

I just returned frommy local homebrew store with ingredients to brew Papazian's "Holiday Cheer".

We kicked the Pumpkin Ale keg in three hours!

listopencil
11-04-2006, 08:26 PM
I can but only by groups, not by individual beers. After a few a Coors tastes just like a Corona tastes just like any light beer. A Bud tastes just like almost everything else. The dark stuff tastes different too, but all of them. As a group.

NewChief
11-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Oh yeah, I drink it all the time. It is indeed a tasty beverage. I may even have some out in my man fridge out in the shop. :thumb:

Moose Drool is funny. Definitely a love/hate beer. Check out this (http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=549071) thread on a fly fishing board for the extremely varied reactions it brings out.

BucEyedPea
11-04-2006, 09:01 PM
... in my man fridge out in the shop.

A man fridge? :LOL:

CHIEF4EVER
11-04-2006, 09:12 PM
I just returned frommy local homebrew store with ingredients to brew Papazian's "Holiday Cheer".

This December I am considering brewing a Samiclaus clone and lagering it until next December the same way they do in Switzerland. It's about 14% ABV. I can't imagine what the grain bill will be.

CHIEF4EVER
11-04-2006, 09:14 PM

Sure. I have one in my den. I lager my beer in 5 gallon carboys in it and put all my 'man eats' and ready to drink beer in there as well.

BucEyedPea
11-04-2006, 09:17 PM
OMG! I just think that is so funny. :D But in the den?
I always thought the woman got the second fridge.
I used to.

NewChief
11-04-2006, 09:18 PM
OMG! I just think that is so funny. :D But in the den?
I always thought the woman got the second fridge.
I used to.

Considering the way things have been going this week, you might want to clarify. Are you saying you used to get the second fridge... when you were a woman?

BucEyedPea
11-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Considering the way things have been going this week, you might want to clarify. Are you saying you used to get the second fridge... when you were a woman?
LMAO No when I was married and runnin' the household. You know when I was the CEO! :D

NewChief
11-04-2006, 09:20 PM
LMAO No when I was married and runnin' the household. You know when I was the CEO! :D

And by CEO you mean in the process of Changing Essential Organs?

BucEyedPea
11-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Not quite! :LOL:

chagrin
11-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Back to the thread topic, cheifs4ever, tell me about Samiclaus

CHIEF4EVER
11-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Back to the thread topic, chiefs4ever, tell me about SamiclausIt's a Christmas beer brewed once a year in Switzerland. It makes the Doppel Bock I brewed look like Miller Lite in comparison (regarding alcohol content). It is drank chilled from a brandy snifter and is very smooth and tasty but it packs a helluva wallop. About 14% ABV.

Edit: OMG!!!! I just saw the grain bill for that brew. 25 pounds of grain and a pound of clear candi sugar for 5 gallons. LMAO

Bill Parcells
11-04-2006, 09:28 PM

Are these tips on brewing accurate??
You seem to be the resident expert
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Cmfm5Ob8CQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Cmfm5Ob8CQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

chagrin
11-04-2006, 09:31 PM
God, you love imbedding video don't you, lol!

chagrin
11-04-2006, 09:32 PM
It's a Christmas beer brewed once a year in Switzerland. It makes the Doppel Bock I brewed look like Miller Lite in comparison (regarding alcohol content). It is drank chilled from a brandy snifter and is very smooth and tasty but it packs a helluva wallop. About 14% ABV.

I am going to Finalnd in January (originally going in December but delayed) will I find something like that there?

Having trouble typing, on my 6th Hoegaarden

CHIEF4EVER
11-04-2006, 09:38 PM
I am going to Finalnd in January (originally going in December but delayed) will I find something like that there?

Having trouble typing, on my 6th Hoegaarden

The Finns have a Porter named Sinebrychoff that is 7.2%

chagrin
11-04-2006, 09:42 PM
o--kay then, thanks

chagrin
11-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Bil Parcells - here is a cool link for you, unless of course you have already been all over the subject today
http://www.sinebrychoff.fi/en/the_world_of_beer/the_essentials_of_beer.html

Chiefs4ever - thanks for the reference

Bill Parcells
11-04-2006, 09:49 PM
God, you love imbedding video don't you, lol!
:p :D

Bill Parcells
11-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Bil Parcells - here is a cool link for you, unless of course you have already been all over the subject today
http://www.sinebrychoff.fi/en/the_world_of_beer/the_essentials_of_beer.html

Chiefs4ever - thanks for the reference
Cool!!!Thanks!!

I am a big fan of the kolsh beer in that link..there is a microbrewery in the great northeast in Cambridge Mass(John Harvards Brewhouse)that makes that Kolsh..it's the only beer I like there..
http://www.johnharvards.com/brews.htm

chagrin
11-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Cool!!!Thanks!!

I am a big fan of the kolsh beer in that link..there is a microbrewery in the great northeast in Cambridge Mass(John Harvards Brewhouse)that makes that Kolsh..it's the only beer I like there..
http://www.johnharvards.com/brews.htm

Nice, one thing I love to do (but haven't since I have been here in Florida) and I don't know how much free time you have - is take weekends and do a beer tour. When
i lived in Michigan, I would get a room somewhere and visit/tour breweries, samplng, or just hanging out at a brewhoue/bar/restaurant for the day. I only dabbled in homebrewing, I think I have made about 5 or 6 brews myself. Up there in the NE I would think they are everywhere. It's actually a cool community to get into, the people that homebrew and visit these places - all cool folks for the most part. I love beer, ahhh yes

chagrin
11-04-2006, 10:00 PM
That place lloks cool! I want to try most of what I am reading about, heh

Bill Parcells
11-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Nice, one thing I love to do (but haven't since I have been here in Florida) and I don't know how much free time you have - is take weekends and do a beer tour. When
i lived in Michigan, I would get a room somewhere and visit/tour breweries, samplng, or just hanging out at a brewhoue/bar/restaurant for the day. I only dabbled in homebrewing, I think I have made about 5 or 6 brews myself. Up there in the NE I would think they are everywhere. It's actually a cool community to get into, the people that homebrew and visit these places - all cool folks for the most part. I love beer, ahhh yes
I go to one watering hole most of the time..cops here dont take kindly to drinking and driving..the town I live in led the entire state in drunk driving arrest by more than half..they popped over 500 people last year :mad:
The next closest was 240 :cuss:

chagrin
11-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Well, I don't blame them on the drinking and driving thing, but I would just cab around when vidsiting places.
You can also hit the beer contest/festival circuit - alot of hands on learning going on, heh heh

Bill Parcells
11-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Well, I don't blm ethem on the drinking and driving thing, but I would just cab around when vidsiting places.
You can also hit the beer contest/festival circuit - alot of hands on learning going on, heh heh
One of my best friends is a Jersey City cop..he has FOP license plates..when we want to drink and drive..he is the driver..and we never have a problem..I usually cab it though..it's not worth getting caught..my job depends on my license..

chagrin
11-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Holw cow - I have just found a very very good snack/beer combo!
Today I bought a new flavor of Triscuit - Cracked Black Pepper and Olive oil, and I cut up some slices of Extra Sharp Cheddar (Cracker Barrel) and am eating them with Amber Bock - good stuff, I am quite suprised they work together

vachief58
11-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Don't post much, I'm on my 2nd 6-pack of miller lite and on to drunkin poker. Taste is the not a virtue at this point. I can drink the heavy stuff with shots of the nectar. However, I can drink the European lager/pilsers like they're water. Give me 3 nut browns or whatever the brewery is selling and I'm 5 and done. Point said, I like beer. I like beer so much that to blow my wad on 5 is sacreligious. Chiefs win last minute field goal, donks lose.

ENDelt260
11-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Moose Drool is funny. Definitely a love/hate beer. Check out this (http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=549071) thread on a fly fishing board for the extremely varied reactions it brings out.
I couldn't make it very far into that thread before losing respect for everyone on that board.

ENDelt260
11-05-2006, 09:50 AM
Get the f*ck off this thread you stupid twat.

Bill Parcells
12-03-2006, 12:25 AM
What are you drinkin tonight??

I'm all banged up :drool: :wayne:

Baconeater
12-03-2006, 12:30 AM
What are you drinkin tonight??

I'm all banged up :drool: :wayne:
Same old thing, MGD. Yeah, I know it's pee water but it got me through the Nebraska game.

TinyEvel
12-03-2006, 12:36 AM
Holw cow - I have just found a very very good snack/beer combo!
Today I bought a new flavor of Triscuit - Cracked Black Pepper and Olive oil, and I cut up some slices of Extra Sharp Cheddar (Cracker Barrel) and am eating them with Amber Bock - good stuff, I am quite suprised they work together

That's friggin' a nice sounding combo. I'll have to try that one soon.

Very sad and jealous of you fuggers right now, as I am working late these nights and getting over a cold. I haven't had a beer since last Sunday.
I'm about to take a three night trip to Dallas, where I usually put a dent in the local liquor supply, but not this week. I plan to abstain.

Though I will close with what was once a weekly beer/snack combo for me: Sunday nights when Band of Brothers was on HBO the very first time it aired, I'd watch it each week with a 6-pack of Beck's and a box of Fiddle Faddle. Every week.
Then I'd play Call of Duty or Wolfenstein until about 3 am and pass out.

The good (bad?) old days....

Bill Parcells
12-03-2006, 12:37 AM
Same old thing, MGD. Yeah, I know it's pee water but it got me through the Nebraska game.
:LOL: You're on a roll tonight..at least you dont feel like shit in the morning drinking those,eh..

kregger
12-03-2006, 01:24 AM
I've got a Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout that is calling my name right now. Just finished a Blvd wheat and after reading this thread, I need a dark beer NOW!

luv
12-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Nothing wrong with MGD. This is coming from a gal who likes Bud Light, though.