PDA

View Full Version : Green says he will be ready for Miami game

Chiefs Pantalones
11-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Chiefs | Green says he will be ready for Week 10
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 19:23:34 -0800

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green (concussion) said he would be ready to play in the Week 10 game. Green said, "That's just me. I don't know what everybody else's thoughts are. But in my opinion, yeah, I could play. I've been throwing to receivers now for a couple of weeks. At first it was stationary targets, putting guys in spots. Then last week it became moving targets."

Count Zarth
11-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Keep your ass on the bench where it belongs.

Deberg_1990
11-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Send Huards ass back on the bench where it belongs.

I fixed your post for ya!

Chiefs Pantalones
11-03-2006, 09:12 PM
ROFL

My thoughts are don't rush it. I think he's suffering from "I wanna get the hell back on the field, this is what I do for a living" syndrome.

the Talking Can
11-03-2006, 09:14 PM

people like you should die, on video....

Halfcan
11-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Green is retired-someone needs to tell him already-it is getting kinda of sad.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-03-2006, 09:22 PM
The Chiefs are obviously holding him out longer than they should, IMO, taking advantage or Huard's good play and giving Green some extra rest.

chiefbowe82
11-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Miami would be a good game to come back and keep progressing as against oakland and then Denver

milkman
11-03-2006, 09:23 PM

Girls like you should just listen to the men talking football.

Deberg_1990
11-03-2006, 09:24 PM
The Chiefs are obviously holding him out longer than they should, IMO, taking advantage or Huard's good play and giving Green some extra rest.

In all honestly, they shouldnt rush him back until Huard falters.

If Huard comes up big on the road this week, i would seriously consider leaving him in there long term.

PastorMikH
11-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Keep your on the bench where it belongs.

You're an idiot.

Count Zarth
11-03-2006, 09:25 PM
If Huard comes up big on the road this week, i would seriously consider leaving him in there long term.

Me too. There's no reason to rush Green back against a very good Dolphins defense on the road.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-03-2006, 09:27 PM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dMriTkE3igY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dMriTkE3igY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Halfcan
11-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Me too. There's no reason to rush Green back against a very good Dolphins defense on the road.

You want Huard in there-but yet pick him to lead us to a Loss to the lameass Rams. I am confused on that one. :rolleyes:

unlurking
11-03-2006, 09:32 PM

FACES OF DEATH 43:
Gaytards Ignite!!!!!!!!!!!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6304243324.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Skip Towne
11-03-2006, 09:38 PM
With a trident.

Skip Towne
11-03-2006, 09:44 PM
You want Huard in there-but yet pick him to lead us to a Loss to the lameass Rams. I am confused on that one. :rolleyes:
He is a WPI stooge. They cover all the bases so they can always trot out what they got right.

Que Card QB
11-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Raise your hand if you thought he'd play against San Fran. *raises hand*

Sure-Oz
11-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Green has to get back in sometime, if he's ready next week then let him in. Get him that full week of full practice and lets go! It will be good to see him back on the field....and if for some reason he isn't close to being ready then we can send Huard back in, no prob! I think some fans and media are making this a QB thing except Huard, Trent and the Chiefs coaching staff, they all know what the roles are. Let's hope for a good first game for trent so he can build on that, the guy has been too good for us to sit on the bench.

Count Zarth
11-03-2006, 09:49 PM

34-31. Clearly Huard's fault.

Halfcan
11-03-2006, 10:02 PM
If you are going to be such a Huard Homer-at least believe in him enough that he will get the job done against a very poor Defense-thats all I'm saying.

Count Zarth
11-03-2006, 10:06 PM
If you are going to be such a Huard Homer-at least believe in him enough that he will get the job done against a very poor Defense-thats all I'm saying.

31 points is getting the job done.

cdcox
11-03-2006, 10:10 PM

So if the Chiefs score less than 31, you'll admit Huard is a loser sack. Cool.

Halfcan
11-03-2006, 10:13 PM

A win is getting the job done.

Count Zarth
So if the Chiefs score less than 31, you'll admit Huard is a loser sack. Cool.

No, jerkface. But if he comes out and stinks it up, I might be in the "START GREEN" camp for Miami.

Count Zarth
A win is getting the job done.

How many times in the last five years did Green get the job done on the road, then? Not many.

Sure-Oz
11-03-2006, 10:14 PM
No, jerkface. But if he comes out and stinks it up, I might be in the "START GREEN" camp for Miami.
I'm thinking everyone will be for that, even the few guys that want huard a starter....the guy is a hero till he has 1 bad game.

Count Zarth
11-03-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm thinking everyone will be for that, even the few guys that want huard a starter....the guy is a hero till he has 1 bad game.

Naturally. People have been making excuses for Green for years, but Huard has one bad game and the vultures will be out.

milkman
11-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Naturally. People have been making excuses for Green for years, but Huard has one bad game and the vultures will be out.

Wait.

Almost everyone here has been on the "Get Trent back on the field" bandwagon.

You're the idiot that just said that you would jump off the Huard bandagon (of two or three) as soon as he has a bad game.

HemiEd
11-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Huard has overachieved, get him back on the bench and get Trent back in there. We need to feel very fortunate. As good as Huard played last Sunday, he fumbled and we gave up the ball on our 7 early when we had the lead.

Count Zarth
11-03-2006, 10:26 PM
You're the idiot that just said that you would jump off the Huard bandagon (of two or three) as soon as he has a bad game.

No I didn't. I said I MIGHT if he stinks it up. But given how he's played, he won't.

milkman
11-03-2006, 10:29 PM
No I didn't. I said I MIGHT if he stinks it up. But given how he's played, he won't.

"Will", "Might"

WTF cares?

The implication is the same.

The Bad Guy
11-03-2006, 10:37 PM

The Dolphins defense is dog shit.

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 10:41 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Dolphins defense is old and exhausted..
They have not looked good this year..

What have you been watching???

Count Zarth
11-03-2006, 10:42 PM
The Dolphins defense is dog shit.

Check the rankings and get back to me.

Count Zarth
11-03-2006, 10:47 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Dolphins defense is old and exhausted..
They have not looked good this year..

What have you been watching???

See above. Those guys are giving up 3.3 yards per rush. Less than 280 yards a game. If that team got it's shit together on offense they'd be great.

tk13
11-03-2006, 10:47 PM
What you're forgetting, Trent Green usually owns the Dolphins.

Actually, Trent's highest career QB rating against any team he's played more than once is against Miami.

Count Zarth
11-03-2006, 10:52 PM
What you're forgetting, Trent Green usually owns the Dolphins.

Actually, Trent's highest career QB rating against any team he's played more than once is against Miami.

That's true. :shrug:

RINGLEADER
11-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Personally, I wouldn't switch as long as Huard is winning. If KC beats the Rams and Dolphins with Huard behind center I would keep Trent on the sidelines.

PastorMikH
11-03-2006, 11:53 PM

Not if you need 35 it isn't.

KurtCobain
11-03-2006, 11:58 PM

That kind of makes me want to see huard 'stink it up'..

*knocks on wood* hope he does good though..

Count Zarth
11-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Not if you need 35 it isn't.

We've been over this. Green came up short many times over the last five years because of the horrible defense. Was he not getting the job done, too?

PastorMikH
11-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Personally, I wouldn't switch as long as Huard is winning. If KC beats the Rams and Dolphins with Huard behind center I would keep Trent on the sidelines.

I'd venture to say we'd have a fair chance of beating those two teams with Dee Brown under center. All that really has to happen is our D play like they have been and LJ run like he did the last 2 games. So saying Huard deserves to stay in because he helped the team beat them when our Pro-Bowl QB is ready to play again is a bit of a stretch IMO.

Personally, I'd rather have Green play in a couple of games with the likes of the Dolphins, Raiders, and even Rams (though it won't happen this week) because it gives him a couple of games to get back in rythym against teams not nearly as tough as some we'll face later.

Huard's done a decent job, but Green can, has, and WILL continue to be the better QB on this team. Green gives this team a shot at glory. Huard might help us get to a one-and-out.

Count Zarth
11-04-2006, 12:00 AM
That kind of makes me want to see huard 'stink it up'..

*knocks on wood* hope he does good though..

That is what separates you from "true fans," like me. I only want what is best for the team. I want the quarterback to succeed, regardless of the name on his jersey.

PastorMikH
11-04-2006, 12:03 AM
We've been over this. Green came up short many times over the last five years because of the horrible defense. Was he not getting the job done, too?

Soooo, because the D sucked for 5 years, Green deserves to sit in place of a guy that couldn't land a job until he managed to become a backup to Todd Collins.:rolleyes:

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

FWIW, when a L goes on the board, EVERYONE shares responsibility.

Count Zarth
11-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Soooo, because the D sucked for 5 years, Green deserves to sit in place of a guy that couldn't land a job until he managed to become a backup to Todd Collins.:rolleyes:

That's not what I said at all.

I said if we lose 34-31, whoever the quarterback is, he did his job. You score 30 or more on the road, you did your job as a quarterback.

PastorMikH
11-04-2006, 12:11 AM

I said if we lose 34-31, whoever the quarterback is, he did his job. You score 30 or more on the road, you did your job as a quarterback.

And I say even though he did his job, if we lost, he as well as the other 21 players on the field should have done more. There's no I in team (well, perhaps there is in some of the WPI articles before they hit proof reading)

At the same time, I'm not willing to put a Pro-Bowl QB who is ready to play on the bench heading into the second half of our season for a perennial 3rd stringer regardless of how good he's doing as of late. As I stated 3 weeks ago, if Trent comes out throwing like Rothlisberger, I'm all for Huard coming back in. But Trent needs to be given the chance to prove he's healthy because if he is, and as careful as they are being, he will be, he will throw circles around Huard and our O production WILL pick up as a result.

KurtCobain
11-04-2006, 12:15 AM

Unless you've scored 5 rushing TDs, then the running back(s) did their job.