PDA

View Full Version : FT: Scouts take 2 on Chiefs / Rams

StcChief
11-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Take 2: Chiefs vs. Rams By Scouts, Inc.

Kansas City at St. Louis Matchups
QB RB WR OL DL LB DB ST Coach Overall

Earlier this week, our scouts filed their advance scouting report on
this week's matchup between the Chiefs and Rams.Now they're back with a second look.

* The Chiefs will again be without starting QB Trent Green, who has
been sidelined since he sustained a concussion in Week 1. Damon Huard has filled in nicely, but RB Larry Johnson has been carrying the offense. The Chiefs must limit their penalties, as they have most of the year, which will be key for them to control the ball and clock against the defensive front of the Rams.

* Running back Steven Jackson has carried the load for the Rams. Last week running back Stephen Davis fumbled as he was starting to become more involved in the Rams' offense. He will now have his carries pulled back until he can show his fumbling problems are under control. Look for the Rams to continue to use a heavy dose of Jackson in the running game as well as the passing game.

* Rams quarterback Marc Bulger is having one of his most productive
seasons. Bulger is a smart quarterback who makes very good decisions and has outstanding playmakers in wide receivers Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce.
Look for Bulger to continue to make good decisions as the Rams open up the playbook. Bulger has shown no ill effects from two shoulder injuries that landed him on IR last season.

Johnson* The Chiefs have an abundance of speed at linebacker and will use this to their advantage to keep the Rams' rushing attack from getting outside and turning the corner. Outside linebacker Derrick Johnson leads the team in sacks (3.5) and tackles (46). Johnson has excellent speed to get outside, which will be critical in turning plays back inside. The Chiefs' other outside linebacker, Kendrell Bell, is a playmaker in his own right and a player who shows very good speed, quickness and athletic ability to make plays.

* The Chiefs' defense is allowing only 294 yards per game, which ranks ninth in the NFL, and only two other teams in the NFC rank better (Bears and Cowboys) than the Chiefs. Johnson has been effective when aligned over
the tight end. Standing at 6-foot-3, Johnson creates a very good mismatch against Rams rookie tight end Joe Klopfenstein, who is seeing increased action each week.

* The Rams' defense started the season strong but has been struggling lately against the run. Last week the Rams gave up 183 yards to RB LaDainian Tomlinson of the Chargers and will be tested again this week by Johnson.
Johnson has very good power and explosion through the holes and is
tough to bring down once he reaches the second level. In large part due to the large number of yards gained by Tomlinson, the Rams now rank in the bottom third of the NFL, giving up 134 rushing yards per game. The Rams must control Johnson in order to have a chance at disrupting the momentum of the Chiefs.

* The Rams' secondary has regressed after starting out very strong and creating turnovers. Cornerback Fakhir Brown is a physical cornerback and will play primarily on wide receiver Samie Parker ,leaving the speedy EddieKennison for Travis Fisher. Fisher is a better cover corner and matches up with the speed of Kennison. Look for the Rams to play a lot of zone to help their corners in coverage with safety help over the top to eliminate a big play downfield.

Special Teams
Chiefs punt and kickoff returner Dante Hall always brings excitement to the game every week with his electric ability to break the long run at any given moment. Hall hits the seams quickly and is able to use the smaller size to slip past the first wave of would-be tacklers. The Rams must use directional punts to keep the ball out of the hands of Hall, who has the ability at any time to return a punt for a touchdown.

The Rams have been struggling in the return game and are looking for a playmaker who can show he is a difference-maker. The Rams began the season with J.R. Reed, but he failed to show any outstanding return ability.
Reed was later replaced by backup wide receiver Kevin Curtis, who had a critical fumble three weeks ago against the Seahawks. Shaun McDonald has also had a critical fumble, leaving the Rams with little confidence in their returners' ability.

Matchups
* Kansas City DE Tamba Hali vs. St. Louis OT Orlando Pace
* Kansas City RB Larry Johnson vs. St. Louis LB Will Witherspoon
* Kansas City CB Ty Law vs. St. Louis WR Torry Holt
* Kansas City LB Derrick Johnson vs. St. Louis RB Steven Jackson
* Kansas City OT Kyle Turley vs. St. Louis DE Leonard Little

Scouts' Edge
Both teams need to play mistake-free football. The Rams have been
controlling the ball all year and must continue to do so with a heavy
dose of Jackson as he continues to show his worth with screen plays out of the backfield and a steady dose of rushes between the tackles. The offensive line must continue to protect Bulger as he goes up against a very formidable secondary with All-Pro cornerbacks Ty Law and Sam Madison.

The Chiefs must continue to get solid play from Huard, who has not been asked to win games, but rather not lose them. After having a career performance last week, completing 17 of 25 passes for 312 yards, Huard must not get too overconfident and play above his abilities. RB Johnson is still the key to success for the Chiefs, and ball security is of the utmost importance.

Prediction: Rams 27, Chiefs 24

my edit:
2nd look? They didn't look very hard the first time.

Hali move to the other side?, they forgot about J.Allen

I guess I miss the Sam Madison signing this off season.

Chiefs 30
Rams 24

JBucc
11-03-2006, 09:13 PM
These retarts get paid for this shit?

boogblaster
11-03-2006, 09:14 PM
24-17 CHIEFS..................... GO CHIEFS...............

the Talking Can
11-03-2006, 09:16 PM
"He will now have his carries pulled back until he can show his fumbling problems are under control. Look for the Rams to continue to use a heavy dose of Jackson in the running game as well as the passing game. "

wtf? this must be WPI...it is that stupid

Halfcan
11-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Who is this Fast Speedy, Athletic, Playmaker named Bell???

Halfcan
11-03-2006, 09:18 PM
At least they picked us to win.

StcChief
11-03-2006, 09:20 PM
At least they picked us to win.No I did.

They are still hanging with Lambs 27 Chiefs 24.
Spread is Rams -2.5 over/under 48. They can't get 3 at home....

John_Wayne
11-03-2006, 09:21 PM
I guess Tony Gonzalez isn't playing?

milkman
11-03-2006, 09:41 PM
"He will now have his carries pulled back until he can show his fumbling problems are under control. Look for the Rams to continue to use a heavy dose of Jackson in the running game as well as the passing game. "

wtf? this must be WPI...it is that stupid

How about this, just before that?

* Running back Steven Jackson has carried the load for the Rams. Last week running back Stephen Davis fumbled as he was starting to become more involved in the Rams' offense.

Great editors there. I tell ya.

dtebbe
11-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Chiefs turn back the clock:

Chiefs 49
Rams 3

http://home.earthlink.net/~dtebbe/peeguy.gif lambs

DT

Basileus777
11-03-2006, 09:52 PM
This is pathetic. :)

FAX
11-03-2006, 09:54 PM
I didn't realize that DJ was leading us in sacks. I had assumed that Ja-red was.

FAX

Mark M
11-03-2006, 09:59 PM
and only two other teams in the NFC rank better (Bears and Cowboys) than the Chiefs.

So not only have the Chiefs magically signed Sam Madison, we've now changed conferences.

These people are completely, clinically, ****ing stupid.

MM
~~:shake:

Mark M
11-03-2006, 10:01 PM
And according to NFL.com, DJ has 4.5 sacks.

See -- it took 10 seconds to get accurate info.

MM
~~:eek:

Count Zarth
11-03-2006, 10:02 PM
It's not WPI. And it is stupid. Far stupider than us. WE'RE NUMBER ONE!

Count Zarth
11-03-2006, 10:03 PM
How about this, just before that?

Great editors there. I tell ya.

That's actually correct, but yes, they should hire a more competent editor. Perhaps me.

milkman
11-03-2006, 10:23 PM
That's actually correct, but yes, they should hire a more competent editor. Perhaps me.

What's actually correct?

Steven or Stephen?

Count Zarth
11-03-2006, 10:27 PM
What's actually correct?

Steven or Stephen?

Two different running backs. Two different ways to spell it.

milkman
11-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Two different running backs. Two different ways to spell it.

Oh shit.
I expected a mistake, so didn't even read the last names.

HemiEd
11-03-2006, 10:40 PM
The Chiefs' other outside linebacker, Kendrell Bell, is a playmaker in his own right and a player who shows very good speed, quickness and athletic ability to make plays.

Who?

meStevo
11-03-2006, 11:18 PM
The Chiefs must limit their penalties, as they have most of the year, which will be key for them to control the ball and clock against the defensive front of the Rams.

Wow. So we must limit our penalties.... Something it then says we've been doing all long, and then says that will be key.

Right.

As I was reading I was waiting for 'In order for the Chiefs to win, they must have a higher score than the Cardinals when the clock ticks 0:00.'

RINGLEADER
11-03-2006, 11:36 PM
If the Chiefs D can keep the Rams to field goals a couple times and make a couple stops we will win. I don't see St Louis stopping our offense the way Pittsburgh did. I stand by my earlier prediction that this one won't be close...

Phobia
11-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Give me a break. It's not ours. We're not perfect but we haven't made these kind of errors since last December.

Phobia
11-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Can we get a courtesy link on this article, please?

Phobia
11-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Oh - never mind. This is an ESPN production.

jaxchiefsclub
11-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Take 2: Chiefs vs. Rams By Scouts, Inc.

The Chiefs' other outside linebacker, Kendrell Bell, is a playmaker in his own right and a player who shows very good speed, quickness and athletic ability to make plays.

Are they serious? Bell hasn't shown anything since he's been here.

Phobia
11-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Are they serious? Bell hasn't shown anything since he's been here.

Hopefully they'll show a Chiefs game down by you guys this year.