PDA

View Full Version : Which fans of NFL teams have you known personally...

cdcox
11-03-2006, 10:49 PM
not over the internet. Known in person.

ENDelt260
11-03-2006, 10:51 PM
I've known lots of fans of NFL teams. I couldn't possibly name them all.

Sure-Oz
11-03-2006, 10:51 PM
I know some Patriots, Broncos, Chiefs, Steelers, Dolphins, and Rams fans, i think thats it.

unlurking
11-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Donk
Seahags
Faiders
Pats
Bucs
Cowgirls
Cardinals
Niners

(Maybe more, but not good friends)

Basileus777
11-03-2006, 10:54 PM
I've met fans of many teams, but around here its mostly Jets fans, much to my dismay. The Giants fans aren't so bad though. I don't think I have ever met a Cardinals, Jag, or Charger fan though.

ENDelt260
11-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Damn delayed polls.

Nzoner
11-03-2006, 10:55 PM
I took a trip to Vegas a couple of years ago and met up with a football fan group here's a few of them and lord forgive me for letting a Raider fan sit on my lap.

Skip Towne
11-03-2006, 10:57 PM
I was stopped behind an SUV at a stop light today. It had a Broncos license tag holder. In Oklahoma!! Disgusting!!

cdcox
11-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Damn delayed polls.

My polls are never premature.

cdcox
11-03-2006, 11:01 PM
I was stopped behind an SUV at a stop light today. It had a Broncos license tag holder. In Oklahoma!! Disgusting!!

Did you ram into the back of it or set it on fire?

Over-Head
11-03-2006, 11:01 PM
My wife became a Panthers fan when we first started dating, she refused to be "a football widow" on sundays.

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 11:02 PM
One of my best friends is a Dolphin fan..

He refuses to watch a Jet/Dolphin game sitting next to me :fire:

Bill Parcells
11-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Did you ram the vehicle pops??? ;)

Nzoner
11-03-2006, 11:04 PM
I've known lots of fans of NFL teams. I couldn't possibly name them all.

I'm assuming Phoenix is alot like San Diego,everyone is from somewhere else

KurtCobain
11-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Less than a mile from the chiefs stadium my aunt's best friend owns a house painted silver and black in honor of the raiders. It's disgusting.

And my best friend is a donkey type of guy, but I'm forming a new chiefs fan.

listopencil
11-03-2006, 11:13 PM
I live in Northern Califonia. Mostly Raiders/Niners but we get all kinds out here. I'm part of a group of guys at work who are the most diehard for their respective teams.

alanm
11-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Hell, out here where I'm at 99.9% of the fans are Bronco fans.
I'm a pilgrim in a unholy land. :(
I know of one other Chief fan a couple of Raider fans. And my GF's daughter is a Packer fan. Go figure.

cdcox
11-03-2006, 11:26 PM
I was in southern Ohio a few weeks ago and saw a black Trans Am with those crazy Bengal stripes in the back window. Couldn't see whether he had a mullet through the black tinted windows.

SNR
11-03-2006, 11:33 PM
I've noticed there's been a fair more amount of Pat fans for me to know personally in the past few years than there was before then

StcChief
11-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Wow, lot of different people I know/Knew....
I also forgot Bills after voting.

HemiEd
11-04-2006, 12:26 AM
I was surprised how many, shocked I tell you.

Bob Dole
11-04-2006, 01:19 AM
Bob Dole is surrounded by Cowboys and Saints fans. Too many to even begin to count.

As Bob Dole is proud to wear the jersey out to the bar on game day, and tends to be a little...um...loud, Bob Dole has met a few fans of the other "not local" teams.

The Packer fan gave Bob Dole his Green Bay Holliday jersey when Vonnie signed with KC.

The funniest is a Seahag fan who marvelled at Bob Dole's ability to will a KC interception by chanting "PICK! PICK! PICK! PICK!" at top volume right before a play that oddly resulted in a KC interception about 9 times out of 10.

The Donkey fan managed the only sports bar in town with Sunday Ticket. Despite his team preference, he was a decent guy for a coonass. The Raider fan was one of the cooks at the same bar. You really can't expect much more than that from a guy working in a bar's kitchen at 35.

Count Alex's Wins
11-04-2006, 01:21 AM
When I was a Jehovah's Witness, I knew three Broncos fans (they were all f*cktards, although his wife was hot), one Raider fan and WAY TOO ****ING MANY Cowboys fans.

I also knew a Raider fan at my old college newspaper. I used to give him shit about it all the time, but he was a good sport about it.

Count Alex's Wins
11-04-2006, 01:31 AM
The funniest is a Seahag fan who marvelled at Bob Dole's ability to will a KC interception by chanting "PICK! PICK! PICK! PICK!" at top volume right before a play that oddly resulted in a KC interception about 9 times out of 10.

LMAO

We have to watch a game together some time.

Baconeater
11-04-2006, 09:01 AM
My brother is a Raider fan, his wife is a Packer fan, my two best friends are a Viking fan and a Patriot fan. I don't even know another Chiefs fan up here.

Cntrygal
11-04-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm sure I know someone who roots for the teams I didn't vote for - but I couldn't think of them right off.

Calcountry
11-04-2006, 12:34 PM
When I was a Jehovah's Witness, I knew three Broncos fans (they were all f*cktards, although his wife was hot), one Raider fan and WAY TOO ****ING MANY Cowboys fans.

I also knew a Raider fan at my old college newspaper. I used to give him shit about it all the time, but he was a good sport about it.What made you give it up? Was your mom a JW? and you left home and left the practice, or did you stay home and just tell your mom that you are a grown man now and don't have to go to the meetings anymore?

JBucc
11-04-2006, 12:37 PM
There's still some Cowboy fans left around here from the 90's bandwagon. Now a lot of people have jumped over to the Jags because of Matt Jones. Seems there's always a couple of Packer and Steeler fans no matter where you go. There's also some Titans and Rams fans, and a couple Faider and donk fans.

Calcountry
11-04-2006, 12:37 PM
I live in Northern Califonia. Mostly Raiders/Niners but we get all kinds out here. I'm part of a group of guys at work who are the most diehard for their respective teams.Yep, there are even a few Chiefs fans.

CosmicPal
11-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Well, considering I live in Denver and have friends here- a vast majority of friends here are Donkey fans. We get along well, and I think they have a greater appreciation for the Chiefs than I do of the Donkeys.

Other than that- I had a buddy of mine in KC who was a Packers fan, and one-ugggghhhh-was a Broncos fan!! One of my best friends is a Faiders fan, but you'd have to know him to understand why. A few Cowboys fans, a couple of friends who are Giants fans, and in-laws who are Redskins fans. And lastly, one of my buddies here in Denver is a Bears fan.

Denver seems to be loaded with Chiefs, Vikings, and Packers fans- they're everywhere.

noa
11-04-2006, 12:42 PM
I am surrounded by Redskins and Ravens fans. I've picked up rooting for the Redskins a little bit (except when they play the Chiefs) but I will never root for the Ravens.

Bill Parcells
11-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Yep, there are even a few Chiefs fans.
How did you become a Chiefs fan??

I am assuming you grew up in California..right??

And you are an A's fan..just wondering..

milkman
11-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Well, considering I live in Denver and have friends here- a vast majority of friends here are Donkey fans. We get along well, and I think they have a greater appreciation for the Chiefs than I do of the Donkeys.

Other than that- I had a buddy of mine in KC who was a Packers fan, and one-ugggghhhh-was a Broncos fan!! One of my best friends is a Faiders fan, but you'd have to know him to understand why. A few Cowboys fans, a couple of friends who are Giants fans, and in-laws who are Redskins fans. And lastly, one of my buddies here in Denver is a Bears fan.

Denver seems to be loaded with Chiefs, Vikings, and Packers fans- they're everywhere.

I hope you don't mean that in the biblical sense.:eek:

BucEyedPea
11-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Personally, in real life?
Dolphins, Bears (relatives), Pats, Eagles, 49'ers, Falcons, Bucs

Net acquaintances/friends ( not personal exactly )
Chiefs, Bengals, Steelers, Colts, Bears, Jets, whole NFC S,

Calcountry
11-04-2006, 01:39 PM
How did you become a Chiefs fan??

I am assuming you grew up in California..right??

And you are an A's fan..just wondering..Of course, this has been posted numerous times by me in the past, but I will save you the time of looking it up.

I was like 7 years old, and my Uncle and his family who are from the Kansas City area, come to visit us for Christmas. All the older Chiefs fans know the significance of Chiefs and Christmas and 1971 mean, but I will let you know, it was the playoff game that had us losing in double overtime to the Miami Dolphins. Once again, we were hurt by a FG kicker not being able to make it when it counted.

My Uncle and cousins were all going off for the Chiefs, I banded in with them. The game left such a sour feeling in them, and me, that I had to continue on with what was suppose to be something glorious the next season, then the next, then the next,...... 2006. Here I am.

BTW, the A's use to be from Kansas City as well, my Father is originally from the Springfield area, so it wasn't hard for him to get behind them when the moved out here in 1968, he took me to a game in 72 at the NEW Alameda Coliseum. The rest is History.

What you can take from this, is that I am very loyal, willing to weather Raiders kids giving me chit all through my primary and HS years while the Raiders were winning Super Bowls and regulary going to the playoffs.

I remember when they made the playoffs for the first time in my life, vs the Jets. That was awesome, even though we lost. Highlight for us was blocking a punt and returning it for a TD.

Freeman McNeil ran all over us that day.

Bill Parcells
11-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Of course, this has been posted numerous times by me in the past, but I will save you the time of looking it up.

I was like 7 years old, and my Uncle and his family who are from the Kansas City area, come to visit us for Christmas. All the older Chiefs fans know the significance of Chiefs and Christmas and 1971 mean, but I will let you know, it was the playoff game that had us losing in double overtime to the Miami Dolphins. Once again, we were hurt by a FG kicker not being able to make it when it counted.

My Uncle and cousins were all going off for the Chiefs, I banded in with them. The game left such a sour feeling in them, and me, that I had to continue on with what was suppose to be something glorious the next season, then the next, then the next,...... 2006. Here I am.

BTW, the A's use to be from Kansas City as well, my Father is originally from the Springfield area, so it wasn't hard for him to get behind them when the moved out here in 1968, he took me to a game in 72 at the NEW Alameda Coliseum. The rest is History.

What you can take from this, is that I am very loyal, willing to weather Raiders kids giving me chit all through my primary and HS years while the Raiders were winning Super Bowls and regulary going to the playoffs.

I remember when they made the playoffs for the first time in my life, vs the Jets. That was awesome, even though we lost. Highlight for us was blocking a punt and returning it for a TD.

Freeman McNeil ran all over us that day.

Thanks for sharing...the Jets went into that playoff game losing 5 in a row..they started out 10-1 in 86 only to end up at 10-6..

Calcountry
11-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Thanks for sharing...the Jets went into that playoff game losing 5 in a row..they started out 10-1 in 86 only to end up at 10-6..I actually thought we had a chance to advance because of that, and all of a sudden its Freeman McNeil this, and McNeil that.

I still remember it to this day. ;)

ENDelt260
11-04-2006, 02:10 PM
he was a decent guy for a coonass.

A what?

HemiEd
11-04-2006, 02:26 PM
A what?

Thats Norlens talk. IIRC if you don't hunt gators, you are a Coonass.
Or something like that..Coonhunters.
Half my Boot Camp company was from Louisanna. They were always calling someone a Coonass.