PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson...hero to pussies everywhere

Count Alex's Wins
11-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Chiefs RB Johnson smiling more these days
Posted: November 2, 2006
Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The sharp metal cleats of 300-pound men clattered on the hard cement walkway, inches away from the tiny, helpless unseen kitten.

Barely old enough to have its eyes open, the animal had apparently strayed out of some dark crevice of Arrowhead Stadium. Most of the players, as they hurried in from practice, didn't even notice the furry little bundle at their feet. Possibly a few did not care.

But just in time, a pair of strong hands reached down and gently lifted it to safety.

Larry Johnson may have saved a life. Then, after carrying the kitten into the locker room and carefully sheltering it in his stall, Johnson took his little friend home and brightened a child's day with an unexpected gift.

So this is Kansas City's surly, brooding running back? This is the tough Pro Bowler so many people think is only out for himself?

Well, if people thought the kitty incident was a shocker, they should have been at Herman Edwards' weekly news conference Tuesday morning when Johnson brought down the house with an uncanny and totally unexpected impersonation of his head coach.

Decked out in Edwards' trademark NFL sweatshirt, shorts and red cap pulled low over his face, Johnson walked in unannounced, sat down at the elevated desk in the front of the room and regaled his audience. He had Edwards' familiar gestures, expressions and inflection down pat.

So remarkable was his act, a few people thought at first it actually was the coach.

"We have to play this game to WIN," he thundered. After a few minutes, he arose to the sounds of laughter and applause and left the room, waving with a self-conscious grin. Even the coach, holding his 1-year-old daughter in the back of the room and waiting his turn, was laughing out loud.

So what's going on here? Has sullen Johnson turned into lighthearted Larry?

To a large extent, yes, apparently he has. For the first time in his career, Larry Johnson seems happy. He feels secure. He's even becoming a team leader.

But why? It can't be simply because he knows he's arrived as a star. He knew that last year. When Priest Holmes went down with head and neck trauma that still has him sidelined, Johnson seized his opportunity, running for more than 100 yards in nine straight games and setting a Chiefs record with 1,750 yards rushing.

But to many people, he still seemed preoccupied and withdrawn. Then, slowly, after Edwards replaced Dick Vermeil as head coach last winter, that began to change. In one of their first meetings, Edwards made a point of reassuring his moody young running back that he, not Holmes, was going to be his starter.

"I think you have to earn his trust," said Edwards. "You do with every player."

Chiefs president Carl Peterson also got to see Johnson's impersonation of his coach and was laughing as hard as everyone.

"He has a great sense of humor, and I'm glad people can finally see that," Peterson said. "The head coach is the key. Larry is very comfortable with Herm Edwards."

A rare package of size, strength, speed and agility, the 230-pound Johnson is again proving he's one of the best in the league. With a team-record 39 carries against Seattle last week (too many, Edwards says), he ran for three touchdowns and scored a fourth on a tackle-breaking catch and run.

After a slow start, he's third in the league with 644 yards rushing, second among non-kickers with 60 points and No. 1 in yards from scrimmage with 973. He's a primary reason the Chiefs (4-3) have survived the loss of quarterback Trent Green and remained alive in the playoff hunt.

He's learned when to plow ahead, when to lower his shoulder and crash into tacklers, and when to be patient. At the launch of a season-long 39-yard run against the Seahawks, he actually stood flat-footed still for a split second after the handoff, waiting for a crease to come open.

Off the field, he'll probably never be the most approachable star in the league. Asked about his newfound happiness, he indicated, politely, that it really was not a subject he cared to discuss.

Nevertheless, one might say that in one important sense, Edwards has done for Johnson what Johnson did for the kitten. He didn't save his life, but he helped change it for the better.

TinyEvel
11-04-2006, 12:44 AM
If Larry keeps this up, Nike's gonna come knocking on the door.

StcChief
11-04-2006, 07:36 AM
Larry Johnson may have saved a life. Then, after carrying the kitten into the locker room and carefully sheltering it in his stall, Johnson took his little friend home and brightened a child's day with an unexpected gift. Didn't brighten child's moms Day.

milkman
11-04-2006, 07:40 AM
Wait a minute, GoFeisty.
I thought Damon Huard was your hero.

Brock
11-04-2006, 08:58 AM
In one of their first meetings, Edwards made a point of reassuring his moody young running back that he, not Holmes, was going to be his starter.

Is there any other RB in the NFL that needs to have his hand held as much as this guy? Mr. Johnson, you did a lousy job of raising your kid.

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Is there any other RB in the NFL that needs to have his hand held as much as this guy? Mr. Johnson, you did a lousy job of raising your kid.

Who the hell says he NEEDS it?

Edwards wanted to assure him that he'd be the starter after years of being a backup.

That's on Edwards, not Johnson.

Que Card QB
11-04-2006, 09:08 AM
I've always thought the media was hard on him (nit picking things out of context), and it seems he's learning to be a little less Z. Grenke-esque--just saying whatever he thought. Not that he ever felt bad for Brad Pitt and Jennifer A. but I though he got sucked into the diaper thing.

Brock
11-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Who the hell says he NEEDS it?

Edwards wanted to assure him that he'd be the starter after years of being a backup.

That's on Edwards, not Johnson.

yeah, haha. It's not like he was pouting like a baby his first couple of years here. But oh well, at least now he has Mr. Peterson to come down and his him on the forehead and tell him everything's going to be all right.

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 10:16 AM
It's not like he was pouting like a baby his first couple of years here.

Any player in the NFL with his level of talent would pout if their coach didn't play them.

Brock
11-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Any player in the NFL with his level of talent would pout if their coach didn't play them.

Priest Holmes didn't.

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Holmes isn't nearly as talented as Johnson, and never was.

DaFace
11-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Priest = undrafted, LJ = 1st round pick. There's a bit of a difference when it comes to expectations, don't ya think?

Brock
11-04-2006, 10:28 AM

LOL, yeah, all he did was rewrite the chiefs record book.

Brock
11-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Priest = undrafted, LJ = 1st round pick. There's a bit of a difference when it comes to expectations, don't ya think?

It depends, did Priest Holmes have to compete for playing time with the best back in the NFL in his rookie year?

DaFace
11-04-2006, 10:35 AM
I won't argue that Priest isn't a more humble player for LJ. I can't blame LJ for being frustrated with the situation, though. When you get picked in the first round, you expect to get to play. Keep in mind that he wasn't just behind Priest. He was behind Blaylock, too.

Easy 6
11-04-2006, 10:46 AM
He was behind Blaylock, too.

Thats a hard one to understand, did DV really not see the diff in practice??? Its hard for me to think of DV as vindictive but i dont see how it could be interpreted any other way. The excuse i remember was LJ couldnt pass block very well, but they could have schemed around that to a large degree. Dick was just being Dick IMO.

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 10:49 AM
LOL, yeah, all he did was rewrite the chiefs record book.

Behind the best OL in the NFL.

We saw what Johnson can do with that, and it's better than Priest.

Again, Holmes is not nearly as talented as Johnson.

GoHuge
11-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Well Priest Holmes may have not known he was going to be the superstar Priest Holmes. I don't think anybody did. Until he got here I don't think he ever was a starter. He may have at Texas for a year , but I know he was playing behind Ricky Williams at Texas and then Jamal Lewis at Baltimore. If I remember right Priest had a slow start here and then BAM the switch went on and here comes this all everything undisputed #1 fantasy RB. I could be wrong but I don't think he was ever a superstar type player until the Chiefs gave him the chance. LJ rushed for over 2000 yards his senior year so he knew exactly what he could do. That I think is why he was so frustrated. He knew that he was capable of playing the way he is and was riding the bench. I'd have been pretty pissed too. I think anybody with that kind of talent and riding the bench while having his coach talking shit to the media about him would probably make any of us come across as less than cozy after three years. I really like his "new" image and really believe that is the real LJ.

Brock
11-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Behind the best OL in the NFL.

We saw what Johnson can do with that, and it's better than Priest.

Again, Holmes is not nearly as talented as Johnson.

I'm not saying Johnson isn't supremely talented. I am saying he has acted like a big ****ing baby most of the time he's been here. No other player is going to get a pass for deliberately missing meetings and starting fights in practice and crying to the media about being drafted byt the Chiefs. I'm not giving Johnson a pass on it either. This is all in the past anyway, from what I can tell, except for the coach and GM still feeling like they have to come over to the bench to pat him on the head.

milkman
11-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Well Priest Holmes may have not known he was going to be the superstar Priest Holmes. I don't think anybody did. Until he got here I don't think he ever was a starter. He may have at Texas for a year , but I know he was playing behind Ricky Williams at Texas and then Jamal Lewis at Baltimore. If I remember right Priest had a slow start here and then BAM the switch went on and here comes this all everything undisputed #1 fantasy RB. I could be wrong but I don't think he was ever a superstar type player until the Chiefs gave him the chance. LJ rushed for over 2000 yards his senior year so he knew exactly what he could do. That I think is why he was so frustrated. He knew that he was capable of playing the way he is and was riding the bench. I'd have been pretty pissed too. I think anybody with that kind of talent and riding the bench while having his coach talking shit to the media about him would probably make any of us come across as less than cozy after three years. I really like his "new" image and really believe that is the real LJ.

Priest was the starter in Baltimore for one season, then had some injury issues before Lewis was drafted.

He did have a 1000 yard season in, and averaged about 4.5 ypc in over 450 carries while there.

He did sit the bench behind Lewis for one season before he was signed by the Chiefs.

ChiefFripp
11-04-2006, 11:03 AM
I think you got that backwards.

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 11:04 AM
I think you got that backwards.

If you actually think Holmes is as talented as Johnson, you need to seek medical attention. There's simply NO comparison.

Brock
11-04-2006, 11:07 AM
If you actually think Holmes is as talented as Johnson, you need to seek medical attention. There's simply NO comparison.

Oh, there's definitely a comparison to be made and you're ****ed in the head if you don't think so.

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Oh, there's definitely a comparison to be made

In what regard, exactly?

Johnson is bigger, faster and stronger.

With the line Holmes ran behind for years, Johnson would go for 2000 yards with ease.

Fairplay
11-04-2006, 11:08 AM
I've decided that lj4mvp can't post on here without getting a few people riled up on here.

Brock
11-04-2006, 11:10 AM
With the line Holmes ran behind for years, Johnson would go for 2000 yards with ease.

Would he? I guess we'll never know, will we?

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Would he? I guess we'll never know, will we?

Pretty clear from last year that he'd EASILY match whatever Holmes did in the running game.

He's on pace for 1400+ this season and Holmes never ran behind a line nearly as bad as this dogsh*t we're fielding.

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 11:13 AM
I've decided that lj4mvp can't post on here without getting a few people riled up on here.

Of course not, on here.

Too many people overrate Priest Holmes on here.

You can question who was better in their prime on here but there's no question who's more talented on here.

Que Card QB
11-04-2006, 11:17 AM
No doubt Priest had the line but watching him utilize it, with the patience of a saint, was a work of art. I think LJ is a better "pure" running back but Preist was an artist--a "smarter" back.

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 11:23 AM
No doubt Priest had the line but watching him utilize it, with the patience of a saint, was a work of art. I think LJ is a better "pure" running back but Preist was an artist--a "smarter" back.

Fair enough.

Wouldn't disagree with that (except the "smarter" bit... LJ looked pretty f'ing smart gashing defenses for 1750 yards last year behind an elite OL).

Que Card QB
11-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Fair enough.

Wouldn't disagree with that (except the "smarter" bit... LJ looked pretty f'ing smart gashing defenses for 1750 yards last year behind an elite OL).Sure. I just mean he's more of a bruiser than a slasher. LJ "gives hits" while Priest waited patiently for seams, holes and blocks. Thaat's not to say that LJ can't do the same, we saw that last week when he waited for T-Go to open up a hole. But as of this year, we haven't seen a whole lot of that technique from him. Priest's career was built on it while LJ seems to roll down hill more often.

penchief
11-04-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm not saying Johnson isn't supremely talented. I am saying he has acted like a big ****ing baby most of the time he's been here. No other player is going to get a pass for deliberately missing meetings and starting fights in practice and crying to the media about being drafted byt the Chiefs. I'm not giving Johnson a pass on it either. This is all in the past anyway, from what I can tell, except for the coach and GM still feeling like they have to come over to the bench to pat him on the head.

I call bullshit. Johnson signed early and signed a reasonable contract. I think he was like the second or third pick to sign. He knew Priest was here but he came in ready to prove himself only to be screwed by DV and Saunders. I can't help but think that Saunders is a grade-A prick.

LJ wasn't even given a chance. He spent practically one and a half seasons rotting on the bench or worse yet, on the friggin inactive list. A guy with LJ's Talent? Are you kidding me? What he did when he finally got to play was in spite of DV and Saunders. There was no excuse for not finding ways to put him in a position to succeed on the field. Or their failure to coach and develop a superior talent. That was their job and they failed because of their pettiness.

I think LJ is a proud football player and person. It had to eat at him to know he was being screwed. I personally think he handled the mishandling of his talent by the coaching staff better than most would. He shut up and let his play on the field do the talking. And now that he's comfortable, it's a little easier to see the real Larry. A guy who cares a lot about his performance and a lot about being authentic instead of putting on some humble act. Some would say Priest was not really what he projected. Some would say that he was more interested in his money than he was the team.

By the way, where is Priest? He is still part of this team, isn't he? Oh, I forgot, Priest's idiocyncracies are acceptable because he's a loner.

Brock
11-04-2006, 11:47 AM
I personally think he handled the mishandling of his talent by the coaching staff better than most would. He shut up and let his play on the field do the talking.

If he had done this, I wouldn't be saying he didn't. I could point out several examples of his infantile behavior, but why bother? As far as I know, it's in the past.

Mecca
11-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Of course not, on here.

Too many people overrate Priest Holmes on here.

You can question who was better in their prime on here but there's no question who's more talented on here.

You mean like last year when a few people......including myself said LJ should be starting before Holmes got injured? A good portion of this board flipped out and said we had no appreciate for Holmes and all sorts of crap.......

People become to sentimental hell I know people that think if Holmes come back he should be the starter.

penchief
11-04-2006, 12:01 PM
If he had done this, I wouldn't be saying he didn't. I could point out several examples of his infantile behavior, but why bother? As far as I know, it's in the past.

Go ahead. I remember that DV behaved infantile with his diaper comment even though he'd never given LJ a chance. I don't remember LJ opening his mouth once prior to that. I think he was justified in responding to that.

I think you're exaggerating his behavior. Brooding? Yes. Infantile? No.

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 12:09 PM
People become to sentimental hell I know people that think if Holmes come back he should be the starter.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Direckshun
11-04-2006, 12:17 PM
"We have to play this game to win"?

Demonpenz
11-04-2006, 01:28 PM
In what regard, exactly?

Johnson is bigger, faster and stronger.

larry may be bigger faster and stronger but priest blocks better and is better at short yardage and can catch a ****ing pass

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 01:34 PM
but priest blocks better

Great. Make him a fullback then when he returns from the doc.

better at short yardage

Not difficult to hop over a line with 2 Hall of Famers and 3 Pro Bowlers playing at the TOP of their game. Johnson has had no such luxury for more than a few games.

can catch a ****ing pass

And do less with it.

milkman
11-04-2006, 01:39 PM
larry may be bigger faster and stronger but priest blocks better and is better at short yardage and can catch a ****ing pass

It's amazing how one drop suddenly makes a player a liability as a receiver.

Never mind that he's averaging nearly 4 receptions per game, thus far.

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 01:40 PM
And an amazingly-high-for-a-RB 12.2 ypc.

Demonpenz
11-04-2006, 01:46 PM
It's amazing how one drop suddenly makes a player a liability as a receiver.

Never mind that he's averaging nearly 4 receptions per game, thus far.

Which one drop you talking about? The third down one against the cards or the wide open one for hawks. I don't think I said anything about being a liability. There is more to a back than just running the ball. Yeah he can't do anything after the pass nevermind that 82 yard pass reception last year.

Demonpenz
11-04-2006, 01:47 PM
thats it i am just saying it LARRY SUCKS PRIEST RULLLLLLEEEEEES END OF ARGUEMENT :)

milkman
11-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Which one drop you talking about? The third down one against the cards or the wide open one for hawks. I don't think I said anything about being a liability. There is more to a back than just running the ball. Yeah he can't do anything after the pass nevermind that 82 yard pass reception last year.

The ponit is, LJ is catching a lot of balls.

He's had 3 or 4 drops.
But I remember a few drops for Priest, also.

Your suggestion that he can't catch is ridiculous.

Demonpenz
11-04-2006, 01:51 PM

He's had 3 or 4 drops.

Your suggestion that he can't catch is ridiculous.

Couldn't you go along with it for my blind homerism for priest? Sheesh ruin my ****ing day. Your dropping on my chiefs planet draft board :)

Hydrae
11-04-2006, 02:03 PM
If Priest does ever come back we should use him like they are using Bush in NO. Having he and LJ on the field at the same time would give Defensive Coordinators nightmares.

Unfortunately, I think we have seen the last of Priest on the field.

burt
11-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Priest did great things here in KC. LJ has done great things here in KC. It doesn't have to be a "Who's dick is bigger" contest. I am glad we had Priest....I am glad we have LJ.

burt
11-04-2006, 02:16 PM
If Priest does ever come back we should use him like they are using Bush in NO. Having he and LJ on the field at the same time would give Defensive Coordinators nightmares.

Unfortunately, I think we have seen the last of Priest on the field.

WAY unfortunately......

Que Card QB
11-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Priest did great things here in KC. LJ has done great things here in KC. It doesn't have to be a "Who's dick is bigger" contest. I am glad we had Priest....I am glad we have LJ.Yep.

GoHuge
11-04-2006, 04:00 PM

He's had 3 or 4 drops.

Your suggestion that he can't catch is ridiculous.I also remember Priest saying that he didn't want to be catching the ball out of the backfield, he wanted the rushing yards. I've never heard LJ saying that he didn't want to catch the ball, or making any types of comments like that. He wants the ball in any way that can help the team win. Sure some of it is for the personal glory and ego, but he wants to win, and doesn't demand the way he gets the ball. When Priest made that comment he reminded me of all of these other "all about me" guys in the NFL.

I loved Priest when he played but have pretty much lost all respect for him the way he is cashing a check right now. At least be up here working out with the team to make it look like you are wanting to play or trying to come back. Trent Green is at Arrowhead every day working out. He to is waiting on the doctors to clear him to play. What's the difference? There both even neuorologic injuries! To me it's that Trent is a team guy. Priest is doing what he's doing for the money. He's not coming back, he's just dragging out this "Doctor clearance" thing so he doesn't have to pay back his singing bonus...plain and simple. He's been in KC one time since his injury to go on the radio to say "You'll never here me say I retire, those words will never come out of my mouth. Somebody else will have to say it."

The way he's making it out like he wants to be on the field is a crock. If he had any intention of ever playing again he'd at least be here working out, but he's not. The "Ghost" is in San Antonio cashing his check, and the best part for him is that every week that he can keep this charade going is one less game check worth of signing bonus he has to pay back. It's actually smart on his part, but shows what kind of a team mate and person he is. He's not even here working out and those dollars count against the salary cap of the team that gave him a chance to be Priest Holmes. Without the Chiefs he wouldn't have ever had his chance to shine and this is how he repays them. Yeah he's got class let me tell ya!

Brock
11-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Without the Chiefs he wouldn't have ever had his chance to shine and this is how he repays them. Yeah he's got class let me tell ya!

You're ****ing nuts. Holmes gave them their money's worth and then some. He doesn't owe anybody anything.

Skip Towne
11-04-2006, 04:21 PM
I also remember Priest saying that he didn't want to be catching the ball out of the backfield, he wanted the rushing yards. I've never heard LJ saying that he didn't want to catch the ball, or making any types of comments like that. He wants the ball in any way that can help the team win. Sure some of it is for the personal glory and ego, but he wants to win, and doesn't demand the way he gets the ball. When Priest made that comment he reminded me of all of these other "all about me" guys in the NFL.

I loved Priest when he played but have pretty much lost all respect for him the way he is cashing a check right now. At least be up here working out with the team to make it look like you are wanting to play or trying to come back. Trent Green is at Arrowhead every day working out. He to is waiting on the doctors to clear him to play. What's the difference? There both even neuorologic injuries! To me it's that Trent is a team guy. Priest is doing what he's doing for the money. He's not coming back, he's just dragging out this "Doctor clearance" thing so he doesn't have to pay back his singing bonus...plain and simple. He's been in KC one time since his injury to go on the radio to say "You'll never here me say I retire, those words will never come out of my mouth. Somebody else will have to say it."

The way he's making it out like he wants to be on the field is a crock. If he had any intention of ever playing again he'd at least be here working out, but he's not. The "Ghost" is in San Antonio cashing his check, and the best part for him is that every week that he can keep this charade going is one less game check worth of signing bonus he has to pay back. It's actually smart on his part, but shows what kind of a team mate and person he is. He's not even here working out and those dollars count against the salary cap of the team that gave him a chance to be Priest Holmes. Without the Chiefs he wouldn't have ever had his chance to shine and this is how he repays them. Yeah he's got class let me tell ya!
Shut up, n00b.

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Not sure why the candybone hasn't just retired yet. Dude's done.

unlurking
11-04-2006, 04:34 PM
You're ****ing nuts. Holmes gave them their money's worth and then some. He doesn't owe anybody anything.
Agreed. He was severely underpaid for his years of service. I kind of look at this season as "earned leave". Then again, if we didn't have LJ to pick up the load, I would likely be irritated by the lack of public appearance.

tk13
11-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Well, this is a real relevant argument. Errr, yeah. They were different kind of backs really. LJ had the power and breakaway speed, while Priest was great in short yardage. It wasn't like Priest wasn't talented, he might have been the quickest inside 10 yards of any RB in recent memory. He was so quick, he was truly great at slashing through and picking up 8-10 yard chunks. Really if you'd looked at their size, you'd think Priest would be the breakaway guy and LJ would be great in short chunks, but really it was the other way around.

LJ's grown up some I think. I think the whole diaper comment was overblown, and he was a baby about that, but other than that he's been alright. I also think DV knew what he was doing and knew to keep him angry. People have said far worse things about him than some goofy diaper comment, I'm sure. I think he's come a ways from his "I don't play for ****ing Penn State anymore" days.

Rausch
11-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Pretty clear from last year that he'd EASILY match whatever Holmes did in the running game.

He's on pace for 1400+ this season and Holmes never ran behind a line nearly as bad as this dogsh*t we're fielding.

And Barry Sanders would have had 3k behind our line of the last two years.

Even without Roaf we've still got Watters, Shields, and Weigman. There's no reason he can't equal last year's rushing total...

milkman
11-04-2006, 05:33 PM
And Barry Sanders would have had 3k behind our line of the last two years.

OK, Sanders was great back, but I highly doubt that.

Demonpenz
11-04-2006, 05:36 PM
I had 3k on tecmo bowl with barry sanders I think it's possible

CupidStunt
11-04-2006, 05:41 PM
There's no reason he can't equal last year's rushing total...

Heh.

I know you don't actually believe that bullsh*t, so why post it?

tk13
11-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Actually, our line is pretty similar to the one we had early last year. Black back at LT (and probably playing better than previous years), Sampson instead of Welbourn at RT. And just like last year, we struggled to get the running game off the ground early, and picked up steam as they went along with Black at LT, to the point where LJ ran over Buffalo and Houston.

Everybody thought Priest was washed up running behind that line, and he averaged what, 3.8 ypc? What's LJ averaging this year? Not much better than that I don't think. About the same. I said at the time I didn't think Priest was washed up, I stand by that, just from watching his hip movement, explosion, etc... it was all still there. LJ is just better suited to run ahead straight through people. And now LJ's just not breaking the tackles he did last year. Actually these last couple games, he's gotten back to running through people, and you've seen the results. Earlier in the year he seemed a lot easier to bring down with ankle tackles and such. I'm still not sure he's learned how to properly pace himself since he hasn't played a full year. He'll learn though.