PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else here that the Rams may end up with...

Cannibal
01-12-2001, 08:36 AM
5 of the first 45 or so draft picks?

Three in the first, and two in the second.

They'll probably trade Trent Green and Kevin Carter to get the other two first round picks.

That is just incredible if it happens.

They'll probably use those first five picks on Defense.

And guess what? They'll probably trade Green to the Seahawks and then use the Seahawks pick to take Dan Morgan out from under us.

Damn, I wish we had a GM that could make these types of moves.

Look for another Rams Superbowl, while we continue to wallow in mediocrity.

Coogs
01-12-2001, 09:19 AM
Cannibal,

I'm with you on this one. I posted on this type of thing yesterday. It is on page 2 of the topics.

KCTitus
01-12-2001, 09:25 AM
It is interesting, no doubt. Couple of wonderful suppositions, 'may' and 'probably'.

Who exactly is this genuis in St. Louis?

NaptownChief
01-12-2001, 09:27 AM
That will blow cause with all of these underclassmen coming out early there is a much better chance that Morgan would fall to us if those bastards don't get ahead of us...Cause they surely won't be drafting offense...

Coogs
01-12-2001, 09:32 AM
Cannibal,

My bad! It's at the bottom of this page. I would move some players to pick up some draft picks in the first 2 rounds this season. Shoot, I even heard one today on the radio that mad me pay a bit of attention. I know it will get flamed around here, but I was interested anyway. Offer Grbac and some picks to the Chargers to move up and get Vick. Let him learn the system with the rest of the guys and in year 2 of the Vermil regime you have something. Not sure if that is exactally what I would do, but I would geve it some consideration.

Cannibal
01-12-2001, 09:36 AM
I heard this info on Fox Sports Midwest regional report last night.

Of course nothing is written in stone. But that's what the Rams are looking to do.

On another crappy note. If that trade happens, the 'hawks will have Trent Green, and Shawn Alexander. Then they'll probably draft Santana Moss. That would complete their "Big 3", throw in Darrell Jackson and they will have an explosive offense if that happens.

Cannibal
01-12-2001, 09:40 AM
Coogs,

I would love to do that. Even if it turned out to be an utter failure, at least Peterson would be trying something different. What he's done to date certainly hasn't worked.

NaptownChief
01-12-2001, 09:52 AM
Vick could be a big homerun but it could be a big disaster...He is very raw and will struggle badly for a while, if he is not mentally tough enough to get through the struggles then it would be a disaster...We are too close to being a very good team to take that gamble...If we were the Bungles or Cardinals type of team then it would be worth the risk.

KCTitus
01-12-2001, 09:57 AM
Carl has never been much of a gambler with respect to draft picks. Maybe Vermeil brings some of that to KC.

NaptownChief
01-12-2001, 10:01 AM
The only QB potetially on the market that I would exchange the King for would be Brunell...Other than that we should sit still...Trent Green would be fine be me also but that would take a three team deal cause the Rams would not want the King, so that would be very unlikely to happen especially since we are not on the best of terms with the Rams right now.

HC_Chief
01-12-2001, 10:06 AM
NO, I will not end up with the Rams....

;)

58Forever
01-12-2001, 10:06 AM
Isn't the LB from OU a Senior?...Rocky Calmous?...he or Morgan would fit the bill for the Chiefs...and what makes you all so sure the Chiefs are drafting D anyway?...or at least LB...with Edwards, Maz and Patton (2 more years at least) we aren't exactly weak at the LB position

Alton deFlat
01-12-2001, 10:07 AM
How in the world would any organization be able to afford three first round draft picks, even if they do unload a couple of players? Especially with the ever-inflated egos of the majority of NFL bound college players.

Cannibal
01-12-2001, 10:12 AM
Unloading Carter will save them big bucks under the cap.

I'm just amazed that a team 2 years removed from the Superbowl could end up 5 picks in the first two rounds.

I don't believe that Calmus is coming out this year.

However, his counterpart, Torrence Marshall is.

But Marshall is a second round pick and we don't have one of those now.

My guess, is that if Carl doens't take a RB, or Jamar Fletcher, we'll take Steve Hutchison the OG out of Michigan.

HC_Chief
01-12-2001, 10:14 AM
We take an OG with the 12th overall pick & I'll blow a gasket!

Cannibal
01-12-2001, 10:43 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if we did.

However, if Ladanian Tomlison is available, I wouldn't be surprised if Carl takes him. Peterson said that of all the RB's in the draft, LT is the one he likes the best.

Cannibal
01-12-2001, 11:14 AM
Chief4ever,

The Jets had three first round picks last year and managed to sign them all.

58Forever
01-12-2001, 12:46 PM
Unfortunaely, Cannibal is right...it really doesn't take much to sign rookies, first rounders or other wise...they don't get big bucks, most of it is in the form of signing bonus anyway...but does St. Louis need LBs?...I know they need D...knowing those sobs, they'll take however they think we want just out of spite....:mad:

waKCo
01-12-2001, 12:54 PM
I find you sig amazingly distasteful Cannibal, but I guess that's what you were shooting for.

Cannibal
01-12-2001, 12:57 PM
wacko,

Don't worry, I'll be changing it soon.

Just wait till you see what I'll be cooking up next :)

waKCo
01-13-2001, 02:38 PM
Well I hope you brush up on your slang. That's the worst impersonation of a thug I have ever read.
(Not that I think Glock is a thug. An overpaid D lineman, but not a thug.)