PDA

View Full Version : I'm very angry with ESPN right now...

E@SHSU
11-04-2006, 10:17 PM
So, I just got home from the UH homecoming where we defeated Tulsa for the Conference USA Western Championship. It was a fantastic game, Tulsa only scored in the first half an dafter that it was our D's game.

I rushed the field tonight after that victory and shook hands with all the players and the head coach.

So I come home and I want to see a highlight....Nothing....Not even a score was listed on the ESPNews ticker. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!

I wouldn't be so upset if they only showed the Top 25 teams, but Sam Houston St., SFA, and miscellaneous other crappy teams made the stupid ticker and my team didn't. We are the University of the 3rd largest city in the U.S. (Yes, Houston took out Chicago) and still no respect.

Thank you for listening.

NewChief
11-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Go hit the lean.

the Talking Can
11-04-2006, 10:23 PM
ESPN covers high school football?

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah! F*ck ESPN! They didn't show highlights of a Conference USA best team, UH!

What is Conference USA? Some new movie like Team America? WTF is UH and why should I care? :huh:

Basileus777
11-04-2006, 10:29 PM
I don't think many ESPN viewers give a damn about non-BCS conferences.

Bearcat
11-04-2006, 10:32 PM
They love the Big East and cover the Big 12 North, so yeah, I'd probably be mad, too.

E@SHSU
11-04-2006, 10:33 PM
It's just sucky. And I'm not asking for highlights, that's far too much. And really as long as I get to see UT higlights, I's a happy girl. I just wanted to see a score at the bottom of the screen. Not anything big. UH = University of Houston, in case you weren't being sarcastic and actually didn't know.

In any case, who won the A&M vs. OU game?

Basileus777
11-04-2006, 10:35 PM
It's just sucky. And I'm not asking for highlights, that's far too much. And really as long as I get to see UT higlights, I's a happy girl. I just wanted to see a score at the bottom of the screen. Not anything big. UH = University of Houston, in case you weren't being sarcastic and actually didn't know.

In any case, who won the A&M vs. OU game?

OU 17-16.

They love the Big East and cover the Big 12 North, so yeah, I'd probably be mad, too.

How do you leave out the worst BCS conference, the ACC?

Direckshun
11-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Write 'em a letter.

E@SHSU
11-04-2006, 10:38 PM
At least A&M lost. I hate OU, but I can't stand the Aggies....

Go Coogs and Hook 'em Horns!

DomerNKC
11-04-2006, 10:39 PM
So, I just got home from the UH homecoming where we defeated Tulsa for the Conference USA Western Championship. It was a fantastic game, Tulsa only scored in the first half an dafter that it was our D's game.

I rushed the field tonight after that victory and shook hands with all the players and the head coach.

So I come home and I want to see a highlight....Nothing....Not even a score was listed on the ESPNews ticker. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!

I wouldn't be so upset if they only showed the Top 25 teams, but Sam Houston St., SFA, and miscellaneous other crappy teams made the stupid ticker and my team didn't. We are the University of the 3rd largest city in the U.S. (Yes, Houston took out Chicago) and still no respect.

Thank you for listening.juco scores on espn now?

E@SHSU
11-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Come on you guys....UH isn't that bad.

But I'm not going to waste my breath trying to explain my school. All I'm going to say is it's a fantastic university...just ask Jim Nantz.

chagrin
11-04-2006, 10:46 PM
NSU's only highlight on ESPN came 17 years ago when our mascot got into a fight with NLU's mascot - so far it's our only highlight - and we have been to bowl games and also have several players in the NFL - get over it - ESPN blows goats anyway

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2006, 10:47 PM
I's a happy girl.

You're a girl? Grammar doesn't appear to be your strong point so just start drinkin' and go make sexy time with nearest man!

chagrin
11-04-2006, 10:49 PM
oh boy - she outed herself...here it comes

Bearcat
11-04-2006, 10:51 PM
How do you leave out the worst BCS conference, the ACC?

I haven't heard them touting the ACC much... it's more about the disappointment.

WVU/Louisville was pathetic... Of course I'd expect them to talk about how the Big East is underrated blah blah blah, but they just wouldn't stop talking about how either of the teams deserve to play for a NC... all the while, both teams were marching up and down the field like they were up against high school defenses. Granted, I'm sure both defenses are worn down by such a grueling conference schedule :rolleyes:

Then again, I can be a bit of an SEC homer at times, so who knows, maybe I'm missing some good football.... heh.

the Talking Can
11-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Come on you guys....UH isn't that bad.

But I'm not going to waste my breath trying to explain my school. All I'm going to say is it's a fantastic university...just ask Jim Nantz.

who cares what Jim Nance thinks?

Phobia
11-04-2006, 10:53 PM
I've always known she was a girl. She's been hitting on me for 3 years.

DomerNKC
11-04-2006, 10:55 PM
I've always known she was a girl. She's been hitting on me for 3 years.how does that prove that she is a girl?

Deberg_1990
11-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Did you try ESPNNews or ESPN 2???

Or even NFL Network if you get it? NFL Network has a Sat night College Football show on right now.

Phobia
11-04-2006, 11:03 PM
how does that prove that she is a girl?

She's still alive, isn't she?