PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Casserly on Damon Huard

milkman
11-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Watching the CBS pregame show, and when asked about Saint Huard, Charlie Casserly said, "The people I've talked to in this league don't see him as a starter".

I know that Casserly is a dumbass.
However, I'm fairly certain he has some pretty good connections in the NFL.

Hmmm....I wonder why Saint Huard is not veiwed as a starter?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Watching the CBS pregame show, and when asked about Saint Huard, Charlie Casserly said, "The people I've talked to in this league don't see him as a starter".

I know that Casserly is a dumbass.
However, I'm fairly certain he has some pretty good connections in the NFL.

Hmmm....I wonder why Saint Huard is not veiwed as a starter?

Probably because he's not a 6'5" Quarterback, laser-rocket arm.

Casserly was a terrible GM, and if the Mario Williams pick is any indication, a total whore to workout numbers. Let's not forget, this guy also took David "Workout Warrior" Carr.

This is the same guy who took Mario Williams over a franchise LT in D'Brickashaw Ferguson when his biggest investment was a QB who can't stay upright.

Casserly is a dumbass.

Bill Parcells
11-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Huard kind of reminds me of Don Strock when he was with the Dolphins..he always came up big as a backup,but was never considered a starter..

Count Alex's Losses
11-05-2006, 11:28 AM
There are some dumb people in the NFL. The same ones that don't view Huard as a starter view Joey Harrington as a viable one.

milkman
11-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Probably because he's not a 6'5" Quarterback, laser-rocket arm.

Casserly was a terrible GM, and if the Mario Williams pick is any indication, a total whore to workout numbers. Let's not forget, this guy also took David "Workout Warrior" Carr.

This is the same guy who took Mario Williams over a franchise LT in D'Brickashaw Ferguson when his biggest investment was a QB who can't stay upright.

Casserly is a dumbass.

I know he's a dumbass, but he wasn't expressing his opinion.
He was telling us what others in the league had to say.

milkman
11-05-2006, 11:32 AM
There are some dumb people in the NFL. The same ones that don't view Huard as a starter view Joey Harrington as a viable one.

No.
They are hoping that they could turn his career around and transform him into a viable starter, because he is still young and loaded with talent.

jspchief
11-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Huard has probably played well enough to get a look from some shitty team that has QB problems. The problem is, no GM is going to consider him a franchise type QB. Wherever he might go, they probably won't consider him a real fix.

Count Alex's Losses
11-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Huard has probably played well enough to get a look from some shitty team that has QB problems. The problem is, no GM is going to consider him a franchise type QB. Wherever he might go, they probably won't consider him a real fix.

He's just too old, IMO.

recxjake
11-05-2006, 11:40 AM
34, career back up....

KChiefs1
11-05-2006, 11:42 AM
He isn't a starter...Herm said Trent's the starter right?

Coach
11-05-2006, 11:45 AM
If there is anything, Huard most likely will get a nice payraise as a back-up for either the Chiefs or any other NFL team.

milkman
11-05-2006, 11:46 AM
He isn't a starter...Herm said Trent's the starter right?

Casserly was discussing Huard's stock after the season when he will be an UFA.

Que Card QB
11-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Who's Charlie Casserly?

Deberg_1990
11-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Casserly was discussing Huard's stock after the season when he will be an UFA.

How old was Gannon when Gruden resurrrected his career? Huard reminds me alot of Gannon without the mobility.

milkman
11-05-2006, 11:57 AM
How old was Gannon when Gruden resurrrected his career? Huard reminds me alot of Gannon without the mobility.

And a somewhat stronger arm.

That is the comparison I've been making for weeks now.

BigChiefFan
11-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Huard has done well at managing games. He's delivered in most cases, but still has had some untimely fumbles. I think Huard can be a starter in this league, but not many will give big money to a 30 year old plus QB.