PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops to Cleveland Browns????

ROYC75
01-12-2001, 11:41 AM
NFL talk has it reported that he would talk to them,return home if he could!...Dom Capers to the Jets? Changes are in order this year!

Cannibal
01-12-2001, 11:45 AM
This is guy I wanted to coach the Chiefs.

But there were many tards on this board that said he wouldn't be interested in coaching in the NFL!

God this pisses me off!

Stoops IS a great head coach. Cleveland will be a playoff team inside 3 years despite having the worst talent in the league.

Cleveland is interested in all the great candidates that I would've liked the Chiefs to pursue.

Stoops
Butch Davis
Marvin Lewis

Cannibal
01-12-2001, 11:49 AM
"tards" may have been a little harsh.

I guess I'm just pissed off at the way Peterson screwed the pooch AGAIN!

ansonsdad
01-12-2001, 11:55 AM
Cannibal-you are dead wrong about the talent on the Cleveland Browns.I watched half of thier games this year,and they have tons of young talent,just not direction.-T.Couch-D.Northcutt-K.Johnson-C.Brown-W.Rainer-T.Prentice-JuJaun Dawson are all players with Pro Bowl potential,and are all 1st-2nd year players.The Browns will be good BECAUSE the talent (in the form of youth )is already there.

G_Man
01-12-2001, 11:57 AM
I don't know if I'm one of the "tards", but I said he could pick and choose what opportunity he wants, not just jump at the chance to make NFL $$$. He basically said the same thing, and he's interested in the browns job because he'd be going home. It's also a great situation in relation to the salary cap. I would have liked Stoops also, but it wasn't a guarantee that he would sign here. Carl wasn't looking for anybody but Vermiel.

I have to go, I'll check back later.

Cannibal
01-12-2001, 12:01 PM
I brought up Stoops and just because it wasn't "Peterson's guy" people cried their eyes out and said that Stoops would never coach in the NFL. Obviously they were wrong.

I also DID NOT say it would be automatic. I just thought that it would be in the Chiefs best interests to at least inquire about his availability.

Instead we give up draft picks for Carl's 64 year old lover.

ChiTown
01-12-2001, 12:45 PM
Canniabl

I don't always agree with you, however, you and Clint, crack me up! Keep it up.

ChiTown
~hates the fact that he is amused so easily

NaptownChief
01-12-2001, 12:55 PM
Would have been a nice move and it wouldn't even have cost us draft picks....Gee, that is a novel idea...

Cannibal
01-12-2001, 01:27 PM
Chi Town,

Thanks for the props, I'll try to keep 'em commin for ya in the future.

[Edited by Cannibal on 01-12-2001 at 02:32 PM]

Chieficus
01-12-2001, 07:45 PM
I don't think Stoops is going to make the jump. We'll know here soon whenever recruiting and stuff starts--see how serious he goes about it...

Stoops is an intelligent man, and one thing is for certain, whether he goes pro or stays with the college ball he'll make his decision only after giving it careful thought. He's already had his salary doubled twice this year and is making nearly a million and a half per. His head coaching resume really isn't that big yet and he could add to it with another national championship or two or three...

The only true advantage that he would have to going pro would be to go back home, however I feel that he is much better off staying in Oklahoma...

Of course, being an OU student and thusly an OU Football fan, I am a little biased here...

milkman
01-13-2001, 03:54 AM
I agree with those people that felt that Stoops (or Davis) would just jump at the opportunity to coach in the NFL, but Cannibal's right, CP should have at least inquired about their availability.
He also should have talked other potential candidates, like Lewis, who would have been my first choice, or Morninwig(sp) or Payton.
Giving up draft picks for Tearmeil, just makes me want to cry.

DaWolf
01-13-2001, 04:23 PM
If the Chiefs are interested in winning now, this is the best move they could have made.

Bob Stoops today during halftime of the KU/OU game said he wasn't going anywhere...