PDA

View Full Version : do we still want Green over Huard?

Pages : [1] 2

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 03:17 PM
I mean...this Huard guy is playing sensational football.

Great win today boys!

JimNasium
11-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Jesus, why don't you and GoChiefs give it a rest?

cdcox
Go run with a sharp stick.

Short Leash Hootie
why would we give it a rest when we are the only ones that see Huard is better for this team than Green, sorry

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Huard played great today, but he threw what should have been a pick 6, and one of his TDs was an absolute gift from the Rams on a whiffed blitz by Travis Fisher.

Let's be realistic, here.

Pierce
As long as Herm keeps saying Green is the man once healthy, it won't matter how well Huard plays.

He has played like a God though. Geez, and I HATED having this guy in the preseason.

I am so sorry, Damon. You haver certainly proved me wrong.

DaWolf
Do we ask this question the second Huard has a bad game?

Hey, Green is a proven pro bowler. I really don't think we miss a beat as long as we continue running the ball...

JimNasium
why would we give it a rest when we are the only ones that see Huard is better for this team than Green, sorry
You are a dipshit. It's as simple as that.

FAX
It's developing into a more difficult question all the time, that's for sure, Mr. Hootie.

But, I still think you have to put Trent back in when the time comes. Given Huard's performances, Trent will be ready to light it up.

FAX

64 Chief
Huard show continue until HE loses a game.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 03:20 PM
and what was the deal with our defensive game plan? Our secondary is awful. Awful. Did we decide to just, you know, forget the running back is an elgible receiver? Ridiculous. Another win, but another week where are defense is exposed.

irishjayhawk
I still think Green should be out another week. I think you give Huard the reins on a road game. Bring Trent back at home. Give him more practice and not the pressure of the road game.

Deberg_1990
I dont think that Huard is as physically talented as Green.

I do believe that he is playing more within the system and team concept.

Green always had a tendacy to throw the untimely red zone INT....ill leave it at that.

JimNasium
11-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Oh, and one more thing dipshit. It doesn't matter what "we" want. Herm has made it clear what direction he's going. That makes this mental masterbation that you and your jerking twin Goatboy are going through totally meaningless.

cdcox
Huard played great today, but he threw what should have been two pick 6...

FYP

Short Leash Hootie
suddenly the Miami game looks a little bit tougher...

and you guys are hilarious...another week, another HUGE performance by Huard...

whiffed blitz?! It's called Huard felt it and avoided it...great instincts.

milkman
Why not just enjoy a win for a change, instead of stirring shit?

Com'on, we won.
Let's enjoy the moment.

irishjayhawk
and what was the deal with our defensive game plan? Our secondary is awful. Awful. Did we decide to just, you know, forget the running back is an elgible receiver? Ridiculous. Another win, but another week where are defense is exposed.
To be fair, Wesley, Hali and Johnson were all lost to injury, so I wonder if Jackson has so many catches in the flat with those guys in.

Count Alex's Wins
Huard was mega-accurate today. That pass was Parker was a beauty, and the TD toss to Wilson was Manning-esque.

His QB rating now stands at a robust 105.2. GO HUARD!

JBucc
suddenly the Miami game looks a little bit tougher...

and you guys are hilarious...another week, another HUGE performance by Huard...

whiffed blitz?! It's called Huard felt it and avoided it...great instincts.He didn't move you ****ing dumbass. The guy slipped. I try so so hard to like Huard, but you and GoChiefs make it really difficult.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 03:22 PM
he should've thrown two pick 6's?!

Oh ok, but did he?

Christ guys, we could go through every NFL game and put a 'shoulda' on every play...

the Talking Can
Green couldn't complete 10 passes?

I love what Huard is doing, but LJ is the star...and Green can help open up the pass offense a bit...

as long as our D plays well and LJ is healthy we'll keep winning...

JimNasium
It's developing into a more difficult question all the time, that's for sure, Mr. Hootie.

But, I still think you have to put Trent back in when the time comes. Given Huard's performances, Trent will be ready to light it up.

FAX
How is it difficult Mr. Fax? Herm has made it clear that Trent is the starter when he is cleared. I don't think grousing about it on a message board has any impact.

PastorMikH
Here we go again. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Over-throws - especially to the RB in the flat, fumbles, etc.

Yes.

I said it the other night to GoChiefs and I'll say it again here. I'm not willing to put a Pro-Bowl QB who is ready to play on the bench heading into the second half of our season for a perennial 3rd stringer regardless of how good he's doing as of late. As I stated 3 weeks ago, if Trent comes out throwing like Rothlisberger, I'm all for Huard coming back in. But Trent needs to be given the chance to prove he's healthy because if he is, and as careful as they are being, he will be, he will throw circles around Huard and our O production WILL pick up as a result.

the Talking Can
11-05-2006, 03:23 PM

Oh ok, but did he?

Christ guys, we could go through every NFL game and put a 'shoulda' on every play...

why not?

you douchebags have slandered and lied about Green without restraint

sorry to intrude upon your fantasy with reality....

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 03:23 PM
It's difficult because Green has never sniffed a 100 QB rating as a Chief and Huard is now 5-2 as a starter on a team that lost its best player (Willie Roaf)...

Sorry guys, Huard is our best option at QB, not Green.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-05-2006, 03:24 PM
15 passes for less than 150 yards?

Short Leash Hootie
Huard is doing so well right now that, no matter what, Green won't be able to do any better.

Count Alex's Wins
Huard is just playing so well right now...we're screwing ourselves if we take him out. I know it.

jspchief
11-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Are you seriously claiming that Huard is better than Green?

PastorMikH
In the spririt of MartysManWhore, now introducing...

Huard'sManWhore1
Huard'sManWhore2

GoChiefs and Hootie can fight over the 1 and 2.

Or, depending upon the gender of one (you can be the judge)

Huard'sWhore
Huard'sManWhore

(I can't EVEN believe I have had someone complain to me through PMs about this). :shake:

Short Leash Hootie
and a 140 QB rating with 3 TD's...

He had himself a day.

(and we were missing our best lineman, Waters)

Count Alex's Wins

14.8 yards per completion. There was nothing leashed about Huard today. We just didn't have the ball that much, and we got conservative with the playcalling because we had a lead.

Short Leash Hootie
for our offense, yes.

Is he more talented? No.

Is he a better fit for our Hermlified offense? Absolutely.

Count Alex's Wins
11-05-2006, 03:26 PM

No...I just don't see a good reason to take him out.

Basileus777
Layoff on the d***riding for a while, Huard's c**k is getting sore.

Short Leash Hootie
lmao...

alright guys

Redcoats58
11-05-2006, 03:27 PM

Oh ok, but did he?

I'm glad you're not the coach of my favorite team. :shake:

JimNasium
lmao...

alright guys
Dipshit.

underEJ
TD toss to Wilson was Manning-esque.

Stop it. Now. You've gone off the deep end here. Huard had no idea if Wilson was going to get free. He took a chance, and it panned out. He threw it to a spot and Wilson deserves the credit for getting there.

You make me want to bash Huard, and I really don't want to do that. He's a great BACKUP!!

Wile_E_Coyote
I give him credit, playing with two extra nuts swinging between his legs

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Dipshit.
I'm not the one that looks like an idiot here...the ones saying Green is a better fit for this team are the idiots.

It's OBVIOUS, blatantly OBVIOUS, that Huard should be our QB.

Short Leash Hootie
Stop it. Now. You've gone off the deep end here. Huard had no idea if Wilson was going to get free. He took a chance, and it panned out. He threw it to a spot and Wilson deserves the credit for getting there.

You make me want to bash Huard, and I really don't want to do that. He's a great BACKUP!!
Every ****ing pass in the NFL is a chance, jesus.

Uncle_Ted
The key when Green comes back is to keep the gameplan like we are using now. In other words, don't go back to what we were doing for the last 4 years -- we no longer have the O-line to give Green 5 secs to wait for a receiver to come open.

JimNasium

He's not going to stop. He's convinced that he is channeling Vince F#cking Lombardi. I've never seen a loser with a bigger ego in my entire life.

JimNasium
11-05-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm not the one that looks like an idiot here...the ones saying Green is a better fit for this team are the idiots.

Dipshit.

Count Alex's Wins
11-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Play nice guys. We're all Chiefs fans.

DenverChief
I think it is interesting that supposidly he was supposed to come back next week vs Miami but the TV announcers said the Oakland game was his target to start...:hmmm:

underEJ
Every ****ing pass in the NFL is a chance, jesus.

Great gameplan.

Short Leash Hootie
Dipshit.
yep, great point.

Awesome point dude...

I'm sorry that GoChiefs and I know what we're talking about...

Blame on the fact we don't have the fan favorite bias blinders on at all times...

milkman
for our offense, yes.

Is he more talented? No.

Is he a better fit for our Hermlified offense? Absolutely.

It's amazing.

You two can't even decide what the offense is doing.

On one hand you claim the offense hasn't been adjusted.
On the other you claim it's been "Hermified".

You should make up your minds before you make any proclamations that Huard should be the starter.

DaWolf
It's difficult because Green has never sniffed a 100 QB rating as a Chief and Huard is now 5-2 as a starter on a team that lost its best player (Willie Roaf)...

Sorry guys, Huard is our best option at QB, not Green.

Dude, if you're going to make a post at least make an intelligent point. Because the above wasn't.

When the season has ended and if Damon Huard has played over 12 games and has a rating over 100, then come back with that argument. Otherwise that's just a bad comparison against a multiple pro bowl QB who is coming off of four FULL SEASONS with QB ratings of 90+...

JimNasium
yep, great point.

Awesome point dude...

I'm sorry that GoChiefs and I know what we're talking about...

Blame on the fact we don't have the fan favorite bias blinders on at all times...
Dipshit.

Short Leash Hootie
yeah, awesome win though...

5-3...feels phenomenal.

Count Alex's Wins
WWHD?

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/2933/avatar3815101zd4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Redcoats58
11-05-2006, 03:31 PM

No apparently *your and idiot* this is the same offense as the Dick Vermeil years.

FAX
How is it difficult Mr. Fax? Herm has made it clear that Trent is the starter when he is cleared. I don't think grousing about it on a message board has any impact.

The question becomes more difficult simply based on performance, Mr. JimNasium. I agree with Herm's public statements and have always thought that it was poor form to lose your job due to injury. Particularly in this case considering Trent went to the bench after the cheap shot of all times and has proven himself to be a probowl caliber QB for years on end. He is clearly Huard's superior regardless how "hot" Huard is.

But, you have to admit that Huard is playing well. I have a feeling that Trent will come out on fire when his number is called again. He will certainly be motivated.

Of course, you're right about the ability of BB posts to change anyone's mind about anything. It's merely conversation, after all. Anyway, I leave these final decisions up to the chia pet.

FAX

Ari Chi3fs
If the OLine is rocky like this, I dont know if its wise to bring hiim in...

but to have him play at home vs, the Raiders that is good... However, their defense isnt horrendous.

Huard has been incredible. Much love for Damon.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 03:32 PM
we can't make up our mind?

You're an idiot. This offense is totally different than it was last year. I know that for a fact.

Huard had a big ol' leash on his neck during that Denver game. All we're saying is, the leash is officially off.

And now he's the best fit for our Hermlified offense.

jspchief
11-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Good grief. Did you guys not see our offense stall for almost 2 full qtrs in this game? If it weren't for Rams f*ckups, we very well could have got our asses kicked.

To come away from this game with a good feeling about the offense is crazy. We aren't going to be able to hide Huard behind 30 carries per game out of Johnson. Sooner or later, we're going to need more from the passing game.

RINGLEADER
11-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Personally, I'd play Huard until he struggles. If he keeps winning why switch? Seriously, that's like bringing Green back at the end of the year after Warner played lights out or bringing Grbac back after Gannon goes 5-1...talk about stupid.

Short Leash Hootie
No apparently *your and idiot* this is the same offense as the Dick Vermeil years.
if you think this is the same offense, you don't know what you're talking about...plain and simple.

Short Leash Hootie
Good grief. Did you guys not see our offense stall for almost 2 full qtrs in this game? If it weren't for Rams f*ckups, we very well could have got our asses kicked.

To come away from this game with a good feeling about the offense is crazy. We aren't going to be able to hide Huard behind 30 carries per game out of Johnson. Sooner or later, we're going to need more from the passing game.
like last week when he threw for 319 yards?

Redcoats58
11-05-2006, 03:35 PM
if you think this is the same offense, you don't know what you're talking about...plain and simple.
It is the same AC offense, you don't know what you're talking about!

milkman
we can't make up our mind?

You're an idiot. This offense is totally different than it was last year. I know that for a fact.

Huard had a big ol' leash on his neck during that Denver game. All we're saying is, the leash is officially off.

And now he's the best fit for our Hermlified offense.

And yet, you said last week that you couldn't see a difference between this offense and the offense with Green.

dirk digler
I definitely would start Green at home against Oakland. I love what Huard has done but Green is still the best QB on this team.

jspchief
like last week when he threw for 319 yards?319 yds? That's what you're going to hang your hat on?

give me a break.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 03:36 PM
oh, so until he throws for 700 yards and 8 TD's he isn't worthy...I get it.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm done with this, I'm right, hahaha...THEE YA

SPchief
11-05-2006, 03:37 PM
All we're saying is, the leash is officially off.

He threw the ball 15 times.

Easy 6
11-05-2006, 03:38 PM
I miss the earth so much..I miss my wife..its lonely out in space.........

DaWolf
11-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Gentlemen, I give you a bit of history:

In 1991, with Montana lost for the season, and Steve Young injured mid-season, Bono started six games. He went 5-1 as a starter and finished the season fourth in passer rating behind Young, Jim Kelly, and Mark Rypien. Bono returned to his backup role behind Young in 1992 and 1993.

And IIRC, there were actually some fans in SF who thought Bono was just as good as Young at the time, based on what he did in limited action.

Over the long haul, it didn't pan out. I think it would prove to be the same with Damon...

jspchief
11-05-2006, 03:39 PM
oh, so until he throws for 700 yards and 8 TD's he isn't worthy...I get it.Yea, that's exactly what I said.

There's a big difference between throwing for 700, and thinking a 319 yd game is a feather in your cap.

We don't have the defense to get away with Trent Dilfer at QB.

Que Card QB
11-05-2006, 03:39 PM
The real question is should we release T-Go for Wilson. He's had the same amount of touchdowns hasn't he? :rolleyes:
Pfff.

PastorMikH
11-05-2006, 03:40 PM
FWIW, the game you all are kissing all over Huard on, Green hasn't put up less passing yardage in a full game since '03 and he's only had 3 games in his entire tenure that were worse than Huard's yardage totals today.

We'll see about Huard next season. He's a FA, he will garner attention from some teams needing a starter so I expect him to be gone and starting somewhere else. We'll see then if he puts up better #s that Trent.

Count Alex's Wins
We don't have the defense to get away with Trent Dilfer at QB.

I think you are selling Huard way, way short with that comparison. When was Dilfer ever rated in the 100's? When did he EVER have an 8-game stretch with 11 TDs and 1 INT?

Redcoats58
oh, so until he throws for 700 yards and 8 TD's he isn't worthy...I get it.
Dude you're getting bashed because you're downing Green to make Huard look superior when it's just not true. I'm sure everyone here agrees with you that Huard is playing exceptional, but that doesn't mean Green should lose his job, why should we expect any less then what we have seen the last 4 years from Green?

PastorMikH
11-05-2006, 03:42 PM
If Herm and Solari took the leash off of Huard, he'd be down in the 70s passer rating.

Que Card QB
11-05-2006, 03:44 PM
The only thing Damon's doing is making a good case to replace Plummer.

Short Leash Hootie
If Herm and Solari took the leash off of Huard, he'd be down in the 70s passer rating.
sweet ass!

I can't wait for this leash to be removed.

Instead of being held to 319 yards passing he might be getting 600-800 yards per game!

NICE!!

PastorMikH
Dude you're getting bashed because you're downing Green to make Huard look superior when it's just not true. I'm sure everyone here agrees with you that Huard is playing exceptional, but that doesn't mean Green shouldn't lose his job, why should we expect any less then what we have seen the last 4 years from Green?

Agreed. I am seriously trying to hold back on dishing some neg rep today.

Huard has done fine, BUT he does NOT compare to Trent Green. This isn't Montana sitting down for Steve Young or Bledsoe sitting down for Brady. Bono is a GREAT example IMO.

Short Leash Hootie
The only thing Damon's doing is making a good case to replace Plummer.
this is quite possibly the dumbest post I've read on chiefsplanet.com

RINGLEADER
319 yds? That's what you're going to hang your hat on?

give me a break.

I could care less about yards. Huard has made clutch throw after clutch throw, only has one pick, and -- most importantly -- is 5-1 since the break (and really should be 6-1...damn loss in Denver...ARGH!).

I just think he has his mojo on, Green didn't look particularly sharp in his half of work in week one (not that I put a whole lot into that, but it is what it is), and why upset a good thing?

PastorMikH
11-05-2006, 03:45 PM
sweet ass!

I can't wait for this leash to be removed.

Instead of being held to 319 yards passing he might be getting 600-800 yards per game!

NICE!!

Maybe in INT return yardage.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Maybe in INT return yardage.
lol, whatever guy...

If he is so interception prone he wouldn't have a 11:1 TD/INT ratio...

Que Card QB
11-05-2006, 03:47 PM
this is quite possibly the dumbest post I've read on chiefsplanet.comWhy? You don't think other teams (Denver included) would rather have him as their starter?

Count Alex's Wins

There's no leash, dude. Huard is averaging about the same amount of yards per completion as Green.

If there was a leash, we'd have run it 3 straight times instead of tossing one up to Wilson on first and goal.

Rausch
This decision needs to be made over the next 2 weeks.

Completely take the leash off, let him sling the rock and see what he can do. He was deadly accurate today. If we came out with our best Huard first slinging the ball to start a game defenses would $#it themselves.

I don't think it's fair to judge him until he's been truly given the team to run with, wide open...

Count Alex's Wins
11-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Completely take the leash off, let him sling the rock and see what he can do.

This coaching staff has a leash on the offensive tackles, not Huard.

Rausch
11-05-2006, 03:49 PM
There's no leash, dude. Huard is averaging about the same amount of yards per completion as Green.

If there was a leash, we'd have run it 3 straight times instead of tossing one up to Wilson on first and goal.

No, there is definitely a leash, and Huard is still putting up comperable numbers to Green.

Take it off and let that dog run in the park. See what he's got with the team behind him.

Mosbonian
I gave up on rational arguments with GoChiefs and Hootie last week.....Why?

Well, it's easy....Hootie's ego is so large he won't accept that he is wrong about anything. His word is truth and the rest of the world is pretty much stupid. (He's even hinted at it in his posts) Having an argument with him is like trying to talk to your 3 y/o who is screaming his lungs out and has his fingers in his ears.

As for GoChiefs.....his is, and has been, an ongoing need for attention. So what does he do? He says things that he knows will get him attention and give him fodder to write about on WPI. It's too bad his writing skills need a little more polish.

The best thing with either of them is to do what they did to Chuck O' Connor in the TV show "Branded"......strip them of their "rank", turn our backs to them and make them walk the 'walk of disgrace". :)

mmaddog

Short Leash Hootie
I hope Waters isn't done for the year...that would just be yet another obstacle for Larry Johnson.

Count Alex's Wins
11-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Come on folks...be nice. There's no reason for hostilities. We're all Chiefs fans here.

Agree to disagree.

Agent V
11-05-2006, 03:51 PM
This is TRENT GREEN we're talking about here people. The best Chiefs QB in a long-ass time. Huard came in and made a name for himself, but soon it will be time for him to step aside and let the starter take over. Huard has done backup QB's are supposed to do: win until the starter is back to 100%, at which time they step aside but keep practicing and studying film so they are ready to take over if the starter is hurt again. We should feel damn good that we have a solid backup, but Trent Green is Trent Green and he is a starting QB. Our line has improved and our offense is playing with better chemistry, making it all the more timely for Green's comeback.

PastorMikH
11-05-2006, 03:51 PM
No, there is definitely a leash, and Huard is still putting up comperable numbers to Green.

Take it off and let that dog run in the park. See what he's got with the team behind him.

I'd even go so far as to say, let Green sit on the bench healthy while Huard gets to play and see how many of the starters keep playing hard with Huard as the starter.

Redcoats58
11-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Come on folks...be nice. There's no reason for hostilities. We're all Chiefs fans here.

Agree to disagree.
That would be ok if you two didn't rehash this shit after every chiefs game.

Short Leash Hootie
Oh my... This is TRENT GREEN we're talking about here people. The best Chiefs QB in a long-ass time. Huard came in and made a name for himself, but soon it will be time for him to step aside and let the starter take over. Huard has done backup QB's are supposed to do: win until the starter is back to 100%, at which time they step aside but keep practicing and studying film so they are ready to take over if the starter is hurt again. We should feel damn good that we have a solid backup, but Trent Green is Trent Green and he is a starting QB. Our line has improved and our offense is playing with better chemistry, making it all the more timely for Green's comeback.
fan favorite bias, exactly what I'm talking about...

Mosbonian

Agree to disagree.

GoChiefs...it's hard to "agree to disagree" when one of you is busy telling everyone else that we have no clue and we are all idiot "homers".

mmaddog

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 03:53 PM
I'd even go so far as to say, let Green sit on the bench healthy while Huard gets to play and see how many of the starters keep playing hard with Huard as the starter.
they're professionals, Huard has lead them to victory after victory as of late, why wouldn't they play hard for Huard?

What a dumb post.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 03:53 PM
GoChiefs...it's hard to "agree to disagree" when one of you is busy telling everyone else that we have no clue and we are all idiot "homers".

mmaddog
you're an idiot homer

PastorMikH
11-05-2006, 03:54 PM
I gave up on rational arguments with GoChiefs and Hootie last week.....Why?

Well, it's easy....Hootie's ego is so large he won't accept that he is wrong about anything. His word is truth and the rest of the world is pretty much stupid. (He's even hinted at it in his posts) Having an argument with him is like trying to talk to your 3 y/o who is screaming his lungs out and has his fingers in his ears.

As for GoChiefs.....his is, and has been, an ongoing need for attention. So what does he do? He says things that he knows will get him attention and give him fodder to write about on WPI. It's too bad his writing skills need a little more polish.

The best thing with either of them is to do what they did to Chuck O' Connor in the TV show "Branded"......strip them of their "rank", turn our backs to them and make them walk the 'walk of disgrace".

mmaddog

Greater words of wisdom haven't been shared here for a while. I for one am fed up with them on this subject. I went from being really happy about the W to complete irritation for what they are saying. I am thinking it is time to put them both on iggy.

Agent V
11-05-2006, 03:54 PM
you're an idiot homer

Buddy, you're losing more and more respect in this argument.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Greater words of wisdom haven't been shared here for a while. I for one am fed up with them on this subject. I went from being really happy about the W to complete irritation for what they are saying. I am thinking it is time to put them both on iggy.
omg plz don't

Short Leash Hootie
Buddy, you're losing more and more respect in this argument.
and I couldn't care any less!

Mosbonian
you're an idiot homer

I rest my case GoChiefs......Hootie is easy to predict.

mmaddog

Redcoats58
11-05-2006, 03:56 PM
omg plz don't
When did they start letting noobs shit all over the BB?

Mosbonian
11-05-2006, 03:57 PM
and I couldn't care any less!

Actually you do care or you wouldn't protest so much....or try to convince all the rest of CP that you are right.

Accepting the fact you are in denial is a good first step on the road to recovery.

mmaddog

PastorMikH
11-05-2006, 03:58 PM
they're professionals, Huard has lead them to victory after victory as of late, why wouldn't they play hard for Huard?

What a dumb post.

You should be an expert, Dumb posts are all you have put up on this thread. :rolleyes:

The ENTIRE team looks to Green as the leader. The moment he was back on the sidelines, this team looked different. I guarantee there will be some resentment from players if Trent is benched after he is cleared to return. That resentment will affect their play and team chemistry.

You here from the coaches, Trent is the Starter." You here from the players, "Trent is the Starter." You here from Huard, "Trent is the Starter." But there are still stupid fans that can't seem to get it through their heads that "Trent is the Starter."

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 03:58 PM
oh, I GET IT!

WE'RE WINNING BECAUSE TRENT IS ON THE SIDELINES NOW!

Awesome.

I can see so CLEARLY now.

milkman
11-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Here's another question for you Hootie.

This offense has been Hermified, right?

Huard has done an outstanding job in Green's place.
No one denies that.

You also tell us that Green is the better QB, right?

But Huard is the better QB for this Hermified system?

But if Green is the better QB, why is Huard the better QB for the Hermified.

If he's more talented, wouldn't that make Green the better QB in any system?

penchief
11-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Here's the deal, IMO.

Between Trent getting injured and Huard managing the team effectively, the bottom line is that this team went from being Trent's team to being LJ's team.

Trent will be far more effective than Huard has been, IMO, as long as he plays to manage the game in the same way that Huard has.

The Chiefs have transformed themselves in his absence. If he replaces Huard instead of replacing that approach, this team will be deadly, IMO.

Count Alex's Wins
11-05-2006, 04:00 PM

mmaddog

I agree...Hootie is going over the top.

Short Leash Hootie
when Green shows me he can get rid of the ball like Huard does then I'll agree with the rest of you...but until then, Huard should be our starting QB.

Rausch

I really don't think they'll play better with Green in there.

When the b/u is playing you know you have to elevate your game, you've got to compensate. We saw the defense do that (outside the abortion that was the Pitt game.)

If anything when Green comes back I'm worried there might be a feeling of relief that the defense doesn't have to play balls out to win.

There's also a rust factor here. How many games does it take to shake off? 2? 3?

Can we afford to lose those games while Green gets back up to game speed and comfortable throwing the ball around again and STILL make the playoffs?...

Agent V
11-05-2006, 04:01 PM
oh, I GET IT!

Awesome.

You are hopeless.

milkman
oh, I GET IT!

Awesome.

Nice misintrepertation of his post! :clap:

Short Leash Hootie

When the b/u is playing you know you have to elevate your game, you've got to compensate. We saw the defense do that (outside the abortion that was the Pitt game.)

If anything when Green comes back I'm worried there might be a feeling of relief that the defense doesn't have to play balls out to win.

There's also a rust factor here. How many games does it take to shake off? 2? 3?

Can we afford to lose those games while Green gets back up to game speed and comfortable throwing the ball around again and STILL make the playoffs?...
don't use logic with these guys...

Rausch
11-05-2006, 04:02 PM
When did they start letting noobs shit all over the BB?

About a year and a half ago.

I still whack-a-mole when I get a chance though...

Count Alex's Wins
Personally, I'm not interested in starting a new thread after every game about Huard, and I don't. I think Hootie needs to slap a muzzle on this scaled-down piece of evil.

But I do enjoy bumping a few old threads... :)

Que Card QB
When did Koolaid come out with their Huard blend?

Redcoats58
when Green shows me he can get rid of the ball like Huard does then I'll agree with the rest of you...but until then, Huard should be our starting QB.
Now you're claiming Trent Green has release problems, next you're gonna tell me he is Rob Johnson.

milkman
11-05-2006, 04:03 PM

Huard has been getting rid of the ball the way he has becuase of the Hermified system.

Mosbonian
11-05-2006, 04:04 PM
don't use logic with these guys...

You wouldn't recognize logic if it was wearing a name tag in bold letters.

mmaddog

PastorMikH
11-05-2006, 04:05 PM

The rust factor is the only thing I'm worried about. I think though the teams he's looking to start against will be of help there - Miami's performance today is a bit different than I expected, but Oakland at home is probably the closest thing to a gimme you can get in the NFL.

Even with the rust though, the fact that the O-Line is providing better protection makes me think that even rusty, he won't struggle nearly as much as he did against Cinncy.

As for the D, I'm more concerned with the injuries today than I am that mindset. If anything, Green will up the O's effeciency which will keep the D off the field a bit more and keep them rested a bit better than they were today.

RINGLEADER
11-05-2006, 04:07 PM
The rust factor is the only thing I'm worried about. I think though the teams he's looking to start against will be of help there - Miami's performance today is a bit different than I expected, but Oakland at home is probably the closest thing to a gimme you can get in the NFL.

Next to Miami at home... ;)

burt
11-05-2006, 04:13 PM
I see Head coach Hootie, a 21 year old football genius and his Offensive guru GoChiefs are at it again. Give up fellas, those 2 know more about football than Herm and Solari....as well as every one on this board. :rolleyes:

we're screwing ourselves

Hootie and GoChiefs, stick with something you are an expert at.

PastorMikH
11-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Next to Miami at home... ;)

I think we can still get the W. Miami was on today against the Bears, but it will be tough to get up two games in a row - Just look at the way Pitts went flat after they beat us so soundly.

dj56dt58
11-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Green has to get used to this offensive line though. He is used to having his all pro offensive line with all the time in the world to throw. He was hanging on to it too long in week 1 where Huard has a much quicker release..touch decision

PastorMikH
11-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Green has to get used to this offensive line though. He is used to having his all pro offensive line with all the time in the world to throw. He was hanging on to it too long in week 1 where Huard has a much quicker release..touch decision

The O-Line wasn't providing anywhere near the protection that they are now. Cinncy was coming through about as quick as they would have against 5 trash barrels out there.

Since then, the O-Line has done much better and Solari is calling more plays to compensate.

milkman
11-05-2006, 04:30 PM

You guys are confusing quick release with quick decision to get rid of the ball.

Trent has the quicker release.

Huard is making the decision to pass quicker, by design.

keg in kc
11-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Simple answer, no need for all this discussion.

Yes.

DRU
11-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Here's the way I look at this whole thing...I haven't ready everything so somebody may have already made a similar point.

Green is our guy. He's been our guy for years now and has been VERY successful. Huard playing so well gives us the ability to allow Green to get back to 100%, nothing less. This means we can wait until he's very sharp in practice before even making a switch.

These next 2 weeks are seemingly some easy weeks. Of course, this is the NFL and no week is easy, but you know what I mean. It's a good time for Green to get back on the field and get comfortable with the live action again.

Then, barring a complete melt-down of the D or rest of the O in general we could be sitting 7-3 with our true starting QB back in the game and the comfort of knowing that we have a very capable backup waiting should anything at all go wrong.

Not many teams can say that right now....at least not with true confidence.

I say get Green back in there. He's done absolutely nothing to lose his job...other than slide 2 seconds too late. It's a testimate to our great offense, even so banged up, that Huard has done so well. I LOVE Huard for playing so well, but there's a reason he's been a backup all these years. Green has proven himself as a starter for years. If he's well, he's the QB.

Que Card QB
11-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Here's the way I look at this whole thing...I haven't ready everything so somebody may have already made a similar point.

Green is our guy. He's been our guy for years now and has been VERY successful. Huard playing so well gives us the ability to allow Green to get back to 100%, nothing less. This means we can wait until he's very sharp in practice before even making a switch.

These next 2 weeks are seemingly some easy weeks. Of course, this is the NFL and no week is easy, but you know what I mean. It's a good time for Green to get back on the field and get comfortable with the live action again.

Then, barring a complete melt-down of the D or rest of the O in general we could be sitting 7-3 with our true starting QB back in the game and the comfort of knowing that we have a very capable backup waiting should anything at all go wrong.

Not many teams can say that right now....at least not with true confidence.

I say get Green back in there. He's done absolutely nothing to lose his job...other than slide 2 seconds too late. It's a testimate to our great offense, even so banged up, that Huard has done so well. I LOVE Huard for playing so well, but there's a reason he's been a backup all these years. Green has proven himself as a starter for years. If he's well, he's the QB.Yes I think that's how most people are seeing it.

PastorMikH
11-05-2006, 04:44 PM
You guys are confusing quick release with quick decision to get rid of the ball.

Trent has the quicker release.

Huard is making the decision to pass quicker, by design.

Yep. With Green, he was given 3-4 options in his progressions. With Huard he's given 1, maybe 2 options so he is getting rid of the ball quicker. For some reason, people have a hard time seeing that point though.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Yep. With Green, he was given 3-4 options in his progressions. With Huard he's given 1, maybe 2 options so he is getting rid of the ball quicker. For some reason, people have a hard time seeing that point though.
let's see Green go through his progressions with our porous offensive line...lol

you don't have any idea what you're talking about...you really don't.

the Talking Can
11-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Trent reads the field faster and releases it faster then Huard.

Trent throws the ball BEFORE the WR even makes his cut. It is one of his strengths. We've all seen it a hundred times.

Amazing the lengths people will go to distort Trent's record.

But hey, Trent can't hand off to LJ I guess....****ing choke artist loser weak arm pussy.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 04:51 PM
how the **** does Green read the field faster than Huard?

How?

Do you know something we don't? Have you studied game film? How do you just assume this statement?

Christ, some of you are retarded.

DRU
11-05-2006, 04:58 PM

How?

Do you know something we don't? Have you studied game film? How do you just assume this statement?

Have you been watching the games? It's pretty obvious that when Green is the game the ball gets to the receivers quicker. They turn around and it's there already. With Huard they're waiting that split second or 2. It makes a difference.

Agent V
11-05-2006, 04:59 PM
No, Hootie, see, he knows what he's talking about because he actually pays attention to the game and how it's played and doesn't just make assumptions like "OMG Huard winned agin, he better then green!!!11"

the Talking Can
11-05-2006, 05:04 PM

How?

like all Chiefs fan except you, I've watched him play at a high level for several years....your obsession with Huard has gone from funny to tragic...

Green has spent years running the most complex pass offense in the league you ignorant ****wad....pay attention for once in your miserable ****ing life....it ain't rocket science...you just have to be honest...which you aren't...

Seacrest Out

cdcox
11-05-2006, 05:06 PM

How?

This is your problem. You don't know how to watch a football game. What is obvious to an informed fan, you just don't see.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 05:10 PM
lol, whatever guys...

Green reads the field faster than Huard? That's a homer friggin' comment, nothing more.

Huard holds the ball probably a full second less than Green...so I guess instead of reading the field he's just, ya know, thinking about green grass and blue skies...while Green is making these amazing reads and somehow having a QB rating about 15 points less than Huard's...

Agent V
11-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Hootie: Any post with "lol" typed in it shouldn't be taken seriously into a debate. That said, you still have no idea what you're talking about. It was not a homer comment, it is an informed comment. You have no arguement, you lost this debate about 5 pages ago so just throw in the white towel because you obviously have absolutely no idea what's going on. You've misinterpreted/misunderstood every arguement against you and you're just coming back with insults and uninformed comments.

Sure-Oz
11-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Trent starts damnit, Huard is managing the game and doing a good job. This offense will be better if green is 100% out there! Trent all the way baby

cdcox
11-05-2006, 05:24 PM
lol, whatever guys...

Green reads the field faster than Huard? That's a homer friggin' comment, nothing more.

Huard holds the ball probably a full second less than Green...so I guess instead of reading the field he's just, ya know, thinking about green grass and blue skies...while Green is making these amazing reads and somehow having a QB rating about 15 points less than Huard's...

When you throw 15 passes a game, you're going to get a higher efficientcy rating. Look at Roethlisberger last year, his passer rating was 98.6, because he didn't have to carry the team. Efficiency is one thing, but sometimes you need to have production.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 05:25 PM
did Huard throw for 319 yards two weeks ago or no? I forget...

Mecca
Green should play when he comes back........LJ's ridiculous amount of touches is partially because Huard is playing and they don't trust him to pass as much.

KcMizzou
lol, whatever guys...

Green reads the field faster than Huard? That's a homer friggin' comment, nothing more..."Homer"? They both play for the Chiefs. :)

I was 100% set on Trent, but I'm more like 85% now. Trent has done nothing to lose the job, and he's been a hell of a QB for us. It wouldn't be fair for him to lose the spot... but then, life isn't fair.

I guess I'm on the fence.

What I do know is this : When Trent gets back and we struggle (at any point for the rest of the season) People are going to scream that we should have left Huard in. Trent is going to be rusty. He's going to be in a no-win situation.

Rausch
11-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Trent reads the field faster and releases it faster then Huard.

Trent throws the ball BEFORE the WR even makes his cut. It is one of his strengths. We've all seen it a hundred times.

Amazing the lengths people will go to distort Trent's record.

But hey, Trent can't hand off to LJ I guess....****ing choke artist loser weak arm pussy.
ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 05:28 PM
exactly. No-win situation...which is why Huard should be kept in...Green isn't going to do any better than Huard, he's only going to do worse...so why even risk it?

Mecca
11-05-2006, 05:30 PM
exactly. No-win situation...which is why Huard should be kept in...Green isn't going to do any better than Huard, he's only going to do worse...so why even risk it?

I think the coaching staff would trust Green to throw the ball more than 24 times when they run 79 offensive plays instead of giving the RB 39 carries....

Basileus777
11-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Green should play when he comes back........LJ's ridiculous amount of touches is partially because Huard is playing and they don't trust him to pass as much.

Exactly. We need to be able to win a game without LJ carrying us. There are going to be games when LJ is shutdown, Huard cannot make make teams pay the way Green can.

tk13
11-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Huard is doing a great job and making things hard, he deserves all the credit in the world. I still think Trent is the better QB, but right now what he's doing is working.

I wouldn't want to be Herm right now. I think Green is the guy, but there are two sides to the argument. I think the best argument for Huard is that he's simply in a good rhythm doing what he's supposed to do. Maybe Trent will be rusty. At the same time, we don't how Huard will respond late in the season during a big game/against a great D... or with Trent looking over his shoulder, knowing one bad game could put him back on the bench. It's a brutal decision. We're playing well, but we still can't afford to screw up, too many good teams in the AFC. Both options could blow up in your face... we could get down to the Jacksonville game and Huard lays an egg, or Trent comes back rusty and we drop one next week. Trent is viewed by the leader of the team, is loved by the coaching staff, and has a great track record of success, that's the biggest difference between this and all the Gannon/Brady type comparisons.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Exactly. We need to be able to win a game without LJ carrying us. There are going to be games when LJ is shutdown, Huard cannot make make teams pay the way Green can.
where do you get this crap?

Name one game where Trent Green made teams pay when his running back was shut down.

Actually, name one game Trent Green has played a Chief where his running back didn't amass at least 100 total yards.

Exactly.

You guys really need to calm down with this whole "Trent Green is the best QB ever" shit. Green is good, very very good, pro bowl quality...but he has always had the system, the backs, and most importantly, the offensive line.

Huard doesn't have that last part, now does he?

Mecca
11-05-2006, 05:37 PM
where do you get this crap?

Name one game where Trent Green made teams pay when his running back was shut down.

Actually, name one game Trent Green has played a Chief where his running back didn't amass at least 100 total yards.

Exactly.

You guys really need to calm down with this whole "Trent Green is the best QB ever" shit. Green is good, very very good, pro bowl quality...but he has always had the system, the backs, and most importantly, the offensive line.

Huard doesn't have that last part, now does he?

13-3 season.......at Green Bay.......Trent Green won that game. Or Miami here in 2002, they confused on Holmes and stopped him but Green put up 350 in the win. It's happened a few times, I don't think Huard could do that. And Huard playing is taking a toll on LJ he's touching the ball far to many times because they don't trust Huard.

Sure-Oz
11-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Trent obviously is a system QB, and Huard is def. more talented, give me a damn break, what a joke

the Talking Can
11-05-2006, 05:40 PM
13-3 season.......at Green Bay.......Trent Green won that game. Or Miami here in 2002, they confused on Holmes and stopped him but Green put up 350 in the win. It's happened a few times, I don't think Huard could do that. And Huard playing is taking a toll on LJ he's touching the ball far to many times because they don't trust Huard.

you're wasting your time with facts....Hootie has never actually watched Trent play....

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 05:40 PM
yeah...at Green Bay...the game where Priest rushed for a ton of yards including a stretch in overtime where he ran the ball 8 straight times...that didn't set up that Kennison touchdown or anything...not to mention the only reason we came back was because Woods returned a Favre throw for 6...

and Miami?!?! LMAO. LJ went for 90+, Priest went for 80+, and Priest also caught a 60 something yard TD pass...

Great examples, mecca!

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 05:41 PM
yeah, you're right...I've never watched Trent play...

Huard has the better arm and takes less sacks. Green is a tad more accurate and has more experience.

Both have their weaknesses, and both have their strengths. They are very similar and benching one for the other who is coming off a serious 10 week injury is just dumb.

Dumb.

Rausch
11-05-2006, 05:42 PM

Exactly.

I'm not going to take the time to prove how stupid this is, I'll just highlight it for all to see...

Mecca
11-05-2006, 05:43 PM
yeah...at Green Bay...the game where Priest rushed for a ton of yards including a stretch in overtime where he ran the ball 8 straight times...that didn't set up that Kennison touchdown or anything...not to mention the only reason we came back was because Woods returned a Favre throw for 6...

and Miami?!?! LMAO. LJ went for 90+, Priest went for 80+, and Priest also caught a 60 something yard TD pass...

Great examples, mecca!

Does that not say 2002? LJ was in college in 2002 you have the game wrong.........

By the way Holmes wasn't great in that Packers game....yes they ran it so many straight times in overtime but his final line was like 22-76.

luv
11-05-2006, 05:44 PM
you're wasting your time with facts....Hootie has never actually watched Trent play....
I think that Mecca is talking about touches, while Hootie is talking about yards. I don't think they're on the same argument.

Don't worry, Hootie. I'm running along....

the Talking Can
11-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Trent obviously is a system QB, and Huard is def. more talented, give me a damn break, what a joke

so, Trent running the Coryell offense as well as it has ever been run is a bad thing? he's "just" a system QB? the most complex passing system there is, and that's a knock against him?

if this Bizarro Chiefs planet?

Trent couldn't complete 10 passes for less than 200 yards and hand the ball to LJ because he's just a "system" QB?

what in the hell is going on? did everyone leave their brains at the screening of Borat?

luv
11-05-2006, 05:46 PM
so, Trent running the Coryell offense as well as it has ever been run is a bad thing? he's "just" a system QB? the most complex passing system there is, and that's a knock against him?

Trent couldn't complete 10 passes for less than 200 yards and hand the ball to LJ because he's just a "system" QB?

what in the hell is going on? did everyone leave their brains at the screening of Borat?
I thought he was being sarcastic.

Sure-Oz
11-05-2006, 05:47 PM

I was being sarcastic dude! read closer i was responding to hootie on basically what he thinks! Should've quoted him, it wouldve made it clearer.

Sure-Oz
11-05-2006, 05:48 PM
I thought he was being sarcastic.
exactly, thank you!

Rausch
11-05-2006, 05:49 PM

Stupid has been the dish of the day for months now...

Agent V
11-05-2006, 05:49 PM

Huard has the better arm and takes less sacks. Green is a tad more accurate and has more experience.

Both have their weaknesses, and both have their strengths. They are very similar and benching one for the other who is coming off a serious 10 week injury is just dumb.

Dumb.

I am SO glad you don't coach football.

Mecca
11-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Hootie can't even get the game/year right when I put it right in the post........

Basileus777
11-05-2006, 05:51 PM

Dumb.

This has to be the worst post of the week. Huard has a better arm? Green is only a "tad" more accurate? What are you smoking?

Sure-Oz
11-05-2006, 05:52 PM
I want some of what Hootie is smokin, good lord i've never seen such a huge ass man crush on a backup qb

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 05:52 PM
you think Green has a better arm than Huard?

WTF have you been watching?

lol

Agent V
11-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Hootie can't even get the game/year right when I put it right in the post........

I don't think he could coach a 3rd grade flag football team to a victory over a team of moving cardboard cutouts.

the Talking Can
11-05-2006, 05:53 PM
I was being sarcastic dude! read closer i was responding to hootie on basically what he thinks! Should've quoted him, it wouldve made it clearer.

:banghead:

ROFL

my bad

my sarcasm meter has been destroyed by Hootie's Weapon of Mass Stupidity

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 05:56 PM
I think Green is a better QB, just not a better fit for our hermlified system that is working oh so well...

Rausch
11-05-2006, 05:59 PM
I think Green is a better QB, just not a better fit for our hermlified system that is working oh so well...

Good. I agree.

So quit making stupid $#it up and leave it at that...

penchief
11-05-2006, 06:03 PM
I think that Green is the better quarterback.

However, what I think has happened since Huard has replaced Green is that this team has gone from being Trent Green's team to being LJ's team.

In other words, if Trent comes back and manages the game in the same way that Huard has, I think we will be a more effective team than we are with Huard simply because Green is a better QB.

The focus of the offense has completely changed. Huard is a good game manager but I feel that Trent would be even better under the same circumstances.

the Talking Can
11-05-2006, 06:07 PM
I think that Green is the better quarterback.

However, what I think has happened since Huard has replaced Green is that this team has gone from being Trent Green's team to being LJ's team.

In other words, if Trent comes back and manages the game in the same way that Huard has, I think we will be a more effective team than we are with Huard simply because Green is a better QB.

The focus of the offense has completely changed. Huard is a good game manager but I feel that Trent would be even better under the same circumstances.

no no no...Trent can't complete 10 passes...only Huard can....it is a special skill to run a simplified offense.....Green doesn't possess the intelligence or talent....history proves that

Logical
11-05-2006, 06:11 PM
do we still want Green over Huard? (http://67.18.68.69/BB/showthread.php?t=151424)

Yes you idiot

suds79
11-05-2006, 06:23 PM
No way do we want Green over Huard.

Huard is the hot guy and he gets Tony involved.

If we went back to Green, that'd just be like when we went back to Grbac over Gannon. We should of stayed with the hot guy.

We're in a position where we can't afford to drop any games. Does anybody think that Trent can come back and play as well has Huard has been after his time off?

I don't. I think there will be plenty of rust to shake off.

luv
11-05-2006, 07:11 PM
What if we still start Huard for a few games after Green is cleared? If Huard gets too far behind, bring in Green. If Huard gets us way up on the other team, bring in Green at that point as well. I guess I'm suggesting to play Green at backup QB for a few games until he can knock some of the rust off. After a few games, it's gotta be Trent all the way.

kcfanXIII
11-05-2006, 07:21 PM
What if we still start Huard for a few games after Green is cleared? If Huard gets too far behind, bring in Green. If Huard gets us way up on the other team, bring in Green at that point as well. I guess I'm suggesting to play Green at backup QB for a few games until he can knock some of the rust off. After a few games, it's gotta be Trent all the way.

thats pretty much my feelings on it. huard should definatly start against miami since its on the road. green should come back at arrowhead.

luv
11-05-2006, 07:58 PM
thats pretty much my feelings on it. huard should definatly start against miami since its on the road. green should come back at arrowhead.
I would like to see him play backup at Miami and at home against the Raiders. I just think it would be cool to have his first start be at home, on Thanksgiving, with a full house, against the Broncos.

redbrian
11-05-2006, 08:03 PM
yes

KcMizzou
11-05-2006, 08:05 PM
I would like to see him play backup at Miami and at home against the Raiders. I just think it would be cool to have his first start be at home, on Thanksgiving, with a full house, against the Broncos.Coming off the bench cold and rusty against that Denver D is asking for trouble.

luv
11-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Coming off the bench cold and rusty against that Denver D is asking for trouble.
I would hope he'd get playing time during the Miami and Oakland games.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Any word on Trent Green and if they expect him back this week?

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 08:17 PM
yeah luv, genius...let's let Trent make his comeback against Denver...that's a great way to shake the rust.

Christ people.

Count Alex's Wins
11-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Huard's QB rating of 105.2 now ranks second in the NFL.

He trails only Peyton Manning, pending tonights Colts-Patriots game.

Sure-Oz
11-05-2006, 08:22 PM
I have heard that the Raiders game might be more likely, but I have a feeling he could play against Miami.

milkman
11-05-2006, 08:28 PM
yeah luv, genius...let's let Trent make his comeback against Denver...that's a great way to shake the rust.

Christ people.

The Donkeys pass rush is suspect, at best, and she is not suggesting he take his first snaps against them, just that he make his first start.

DRU
11-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Huard's QB rating of 105.2 now ranks second in the NFL.

He trails only Peyton Manning, pending tonights Colts-Patriots game.

Gee, that's just like Green. Only trailing Manning in about every category over the past few years. I think you've got to give a lot of credit to the offense unit as a whole, from the lineman to the coaching and everywhere else. I'm pretty confident that nobody matter which guy we have in there we'll see success. And that's a damn nice thing to be able to say.

Deberg_1990
11-05-2006, 08:33 PM
IM wondering if when Green returns the game plan will stay the same or change? Huard has only been averaging 15-20 attempts per game it seems.

I can see the passing attempts going up for 2 reasons.

1. To save wear on LJ
2. Green can make more throws than Huard can.

On the other hand, the conservative gameplan has served us well by allowing us to control the clock and rest our defense.

It should be interesting......

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 08:34 PM
If it ain't broke...

cdcox
11-05-2006, 08:35 PM
If it ain't broke...

In the playoffs, you don't get a chance to fix it.

TRR
11-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Huard is playing fantastic football, but he is really being leashed in by Solari and Co. I really believe KC threw out about half the playbook when Green went down. I would like to see Green leashed for a couple of games until he gets his feet wet, and then open up the O a bit.

There really isn't anything to discuss. Green is the starting QB when he's healthy, and I am happy with that. Green was never the problem in Kansas City.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 08:41 PM
In the playoffs, you don't get a chance to fix it.
oh, ok...

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Huard is playing fantastic football, but he is really being leashed in by Solari and Co. I really believe KC threw out about half the playbook when Green went down. I would like to see Green leashed for a couple of games until he gets his feet wet, and then open up the O a bit.

There really isn't anything to discuss. Green is the starting QB when he's healthy, and I am happy with that. Green was never the problem in Kansas City.
Incredible.

Remember week 1 when we were trying to be something we weren't capable of being anymore and Herm said he was going to do what he knew how to do...

So that half of the playbook had nothing to do with losing Green and everything to do with Herm wanting to play his style of football...

redbrian
11-05-2006, 08:44 PM

To expand on this who would give the Chiefs a better shot at winning in the post season, with out a doubt it would be Green.

Would not benifit Green to play as many games as he could prior to the post season?

Sure-Oz
11-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Green didn't get any protection that game and still got 11-15 completions. The line has improved ALOT since he went down!

DRU
11-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Hootie: Have you not appreciated what Green has done for this offense over the past few years? With the exception of Manning, he's been the BEST. And now you wanna bench him because our backup came in and did a great job..?? That's his job. He did it well. We should all be VERY thankful for that, and that we even have the opportunity to talk about possible playoffs, etc. given the fact that nobody thought we had a chance when Green went down. Why? Because he's the man!

Now, as GoChiefs pointed out earlier, Huard is second behind Manning. So now you're given the choice between 2 guys who have done a hell of a job given their chance. Who do you go with? EXPERIENCE!

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 08:58 PM
by your logic we should suit up James Hasty and put him in the secondary...

DRU
11-05-2006, 09:00 PM
dude, that's a lame comparison and I think we all know it.

redbrian
11-05-2006, 09:03 PM

wow how did you create that way back machine, is your name Sherman.

Sure-Oz
11-05-2006, 09:04 PM
By your logic Huard should start, but Trent is a better QB, makes sense.

DRU
11-05-2006, 09:10 PM
By your logic Huard should start, but Trent is a better QB, makes sense.

This is interesting part of the whole argument. The only reason there's a question is because the team is winning games right now. Then you get that whole, well do you mess with it when it's doing ok...do you dissrupt the current flow...etc. Those are important questions that need to be considered, of course.

The fact of the matter is Green is the better QB. It's very hard to deny that. So the question becomes do you want your possible playoff bound team to be led by the guy who's been 2nd best in the league, week in, week out, for the past 4 years, or with the guy who's done well...this year. A guy who's had many chances to get his starting job and never could.

I think the answer is simple. And again, we can feel great knowing that Huard is right there ready to go when/if needed.

ChiefaRoo
11-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Yes, we do. Damon is just about ready to run out of mojo.

Count Alex's Wins
11-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Damon is just about ready to run out of mojo.

How do you know?

KcMizzou
11-05-2006, 09:19 PM
How do you know?The law of averages?

:)

ChiefaRoo
11-05-2006, 09:23 PM
He's had some close calls on INT's the past two games where he would of looked like a donkey if they would of been returned for a pick 6. I'm just feeling it. Bring back the golden boy.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 09:24 PM
see, I think Green is the better QB, but Damon is playing as well now as Green has ever played in my honest opinion.

If he can keep up THIS play, then I'm not so sure Green is actually the better QB.

We'll see...

but until Damon has a bad outing, I don't think we should mess up a good thing.

Sorry Trent.

Easy 6
11-05-2006, 09:25 PM

Thats exactly why i dont get all of this jaw-jacking about it, Herm said Trents the man. What more to discuss??? Now if Trent just stinks it up for a game or 2, there might be some justified speculation, but as it stands now its just a ridiculous, monotonous and pointless argument.

STOP THE INSANITY!!!

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 09:26 PM
He's had some close calls on INT's the past two games where he would of looked like a donkey if they would of been returned for a pick 6. I'm just feeling it. Bring back the golden boy.
I'll worry about the close calls when they stop being close calls and start being turnovers...

ChiefaRoo
11-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Bring on the GOLDEN BOY!!

Demonpenz
11-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Huard has some chemistry with tony gonzo

Randy Moser
11-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Al Saunders never involved Tony Gonz....he doesn't involve the tight ends nearly as much, this year Cooley for Washington is not being used as much as previous. Solari has gotten comfortable and is calling a much better offence now than he was earlier. Solari is calling plays where Tony Gonz is the primary receiver. Here's the deal....with what Trent has done for this organization, being a pro bowler and an excellent leader, you don't disrespect this guy by not giving him an opportunity at having his job back. Period. Warner, Culpepper, Bledsoe....all of these guys' play has merited the loss of their position. Trent deserves to be the starter until he loses it and for the respect of his leaders, Herm knows this.

Trent will likely be a little rusty which makes me a little nervous. If he can't sustain the level that we have been playing, I'm for a change and I don't think he could fight it. But right now, Trent deserves the spot until he looses it.

Count Alex's Wins
11-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Manning intercepted!!!

Maybe Damon can move ahead.

Randy Moser
11-05-2006, 09:58 PM
offence should be offense and Looses should be loses. I'm tired, been playing recliner coach all day.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 10:23 PM
you sure it shouldn't be losses?!

KCBOSS1
11-05-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm sure that all of your whining isn't going to change Herm's mind about Trent. and i agree with him.

Count Alex's Wins
11-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Is Steve Mariucci an idiot? He agrees with Hootie...and me....and Jason Whitlock....and Jeff Rake....

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Is Steve Mariucci an idiot? He agrees with Hootie...and me....and Jason Whitlock....and Jeff Rake....

He did a great job in Detroit with his QB, I know that much.

milkman
11-05-2006, 11:53 PM

He went to work for Matt Millen.

luv
11-06-2006, 12:01 AM

see, I think Green is the better QB, but Damon is playing as well now as Green has ever played in my honest opinion.

If he can keep up THIS play, then I'm not so sure Green is actually the better QB.

We'll see...

but until Damon has a bad outing, I don't think we should mess up a good thing.

Sorry Trent.

Damn boy. Make up your mind.

Short Leash Hootie
11-06-2006, 12:03 AM
Damn boy. Make up your mind.
are you stupid?

I said, I THINK Trent is the better QB, BUT if Huard keeps it up, MAYBE I'm wrong...

Seriously, it can't be that hard, can it?

Sure-Oz
11-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Everyone join the trent bandwagon.....oh wait that is 95% of chiefs fans and 100% of their coaching staff!

luv
11-06-2006, 12:04 AM

Christ people.
Perhaps if you read the entire post....

Short Leash Hootie
11-06-2006, 12:05 AM
perhaps if you stuck to the lipo threads and stopped posting about football...

luv
are you stupid?

I said, I THINK Trent is the better QB, BUT if Huard keeps it up, MAYBE I'm wrong...

Seriously, it can't be that hard, can it?
You say Trent is the better QB, but yet you're trying to convince everyone he's not.

blueballs
If Hootie is how I willl act when I turn 21
somebody kill me now

luv
11-06-2006, 12:06 AM
perhaps if you stuck to the lipo threads and stopped posting about football...
Resorting to fat jokes....typical of a 12 year old mentality.

Short Leash Hootie
11-06-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm not trying to convince anyone anything...

Trent is the more talented QB...but Joey Harrington has more 'talent' than Trent and Damon combined...and look how good his NFL career has gone thus far.

Confidence is a great thing in the NFL and right now Damon has a TON of confidence...does Trent?

That's the question WE DON'T have to find out because we can and should keep Damon in there...

I know it's really hard for you all to comprehend such a simple point...especially someone who just learned what a safety was a week ago.

luv
11-06-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm not trying to convince anyone anything...

Trent is the more talented QB...but Joey Harrington has more 'talent' than Trent and Damon combined...and look how good his NFL career has gone thus far.

Confidence is a great thing in the NFL and right now Damon has a TON of confidence...does Trent?

That's the question WE DON'T have to find out because we can and should keep Damon in there...

I know it's really hard for you all to comprehend such a simple point...especially someone who just learned what a safety was a week ago.
Actually, you never told me what a safety was. Instead of teaching me something, you chose to make fun of me.

The simple point I am trying to make is that you need to stop contradicting yourself and being an asshole.

Short Leash Hootie
11-06-2006, 12:10 AM
show me where I contradicted myself...

luv
11-06-2006, 12:12 AM
show me where I contradicted myself...
I already did.

You sit here week after week dissing Trent Green. Asking people to show you or tell you where he "as a Chief" has ever done this or that. Then you turn around and say he's the better QB.

Short Leash Hootie
11-06-2006, 12:14 AM
show me where I've dissed Trent Green.

Here are the facts:

I've stated, several times, Trent Green is my favorite Chief of all time.

I've stated, several times, Trent Green shouldn't lose his job because of performance, that he should lose his job because why do we need to fix something that isn't broken.

I've stated, several times, that I love everything that Trent Green has done in Kansas City...but he's not the leader everyone makes him out to be (2004).

Great guy, great QB, but he's 36 coming off a career threatening injury...

I think I'll take the 33 year old with a 5-2 record and a 105.2 QB rating...until he proves he isn't worthy of the job.

Sure-Oz
11-06-2006, 12:15 AM
He's a better QB but not according to Herm's system....since trent has had a wopping 15 pass attempts and no O-line, since trent has def. played himself out of a starting spot. You don't lose that spot till you played yourself out of it period.

KurtCobain
11-06-2006, 12:17 AM
--joeys word----
--trent will return, things happen. too bad---

Short Leash Hootie
11-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Uhm Damon hasn't exactly had the best pass protection...I don't think anyone remembers Trent holding the ball for way too long week 1...

The dude showed a lot of heart when he was making plays with his feet...and I know Solari/Herm didn't have the right gameplan...but Trent took a shit ton of sacks last year when Roaf was out and Black was starting as well...

We all think of Trent as the underrated QB that never got any love from the media...a guy who did no wrong...but look back at 2004, I beg you...I remember being more pissed off about Trent Green's play in the 4th quarter than the defense' play SEVERAL times.

luv
11-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Uhm Damon hasn't exactly had the best pass protection...I don't think anyone remembers Trent holding the ball for way too long week 1...

The dude showed a lot of heart when he was making plays with his feet...and I know Solari/Herm didn't have the right gameplan...but Trent took a shit ton of sacks last year when Roaf was out and Black was starting as well...

We all think of Trent as the underrated QB that never got any love from the media...a guy who did no wrong...but look back at 2004, I beg you...I remember being more pissed off about Trent Green's play in the 4th quarter than the defense' play SEVERAL times.
Tell you what, if you tell me why Trent is your favorite Chief of all time, and tell me a few of the things he CAN do, I'll leave you alone.

You say you think he's the best, but then you give stats and opinions on how Damon is better. I just want to see you post some good stats about Trent, other than you think he's good. What makes him good?

I think you know what you're talking about. I don't doubt it for a second. You just fail to see (or it appears that you fail to see) both sides of the argument. Instead of making fun of people and calling them names when they ask questions, you might be able to help turn an ignorant poster into a halfway decent one (if I can come up that far). You get respect when you show respect.

Sure-Oz
11-06-2006, 12:25 AM
I think deep inside he hopes trent sucks big balls and he'll love it.

Immaculate
11-06-2006, 12:26 AM
No.

Short Leash Hootie
11-06-2006, 12:31 AM
I think deep inside he hopes trent sucks big balls and he'll love it.
Unbelievably untrue.

If Trent returns as starter I hope he does WAY better than Huard and posts a perfect 158.3 QB rating and we win the super bowl...

If you all want to tell me "I told you so" after that, sweet...(but you really didn't tell me anything, because I think we can still be really good with Green as our starter as long as he understands why Huard has been so successful and plays within the offense)...

Either way, Huard or Green, we better make the playoffs/win the west.

luv
11-06-2006, 12:32 AM
Unbelievably untrue.

If Trent returns as starter I hope he does WAY better than Huard and posts a perfect 158.3 QB rating and we win the super bowl...

If you all want to tell me "I told you so" after that, sweet...(but you really didn't tell me anything, because I think we can still be really good with Green as our starter as long as he understands why Huard has been so successful and plays within the offense)...

Rep.

Sure-Oz
11-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Unbelievably untrue.

Trent Green is pretty damn intelligent i don't see any drop off with him in there. The only way it can be is cause of rust or injury related. If he is the same guy he was before the injury, which i think he will be, then we will be just fine and dandy. We have a very capable backup definetly now. I am sure Trent is ready to go back in seeing how well Damon is doing and I think he will be ready to perform.

DRU
11-06-2006, 12:33 AM
I was a little confused by your statements about 2004, so I looked up his stats. 2004 was his best year as a Chief. All categories are higher in 2004 than any other year. Now, he did have 17 INT's that year, but I don't think that's very many considering he put the ball in the air 556 times. I remember being a little upset with him after the Houston game at home in 2004, but otherwise I can't really think of any time that I thought he just really made a bad decision. Bad tips, receivers letting balls go right through their hands...I've got video if we need to look back.

Anyway, see for yourself. Calling 2004 a year that makes you not like Trent makes no sense what-so-ever.

http://angelleye.sytes.net/dealsdirect/temp/green.jpg

Count Alex's Wins
11-06-2006, 12:35 AM
He's talking about the end of games in 2004. Trent choked against Carolina, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, New England and San Diego.

Short Leash Hootie
11-06-2006, 12:35 AM
Trent Green is pretty damn intelligent i don't see any drop off with him in there. The only way it can be is cause of rust or injury related. If he is the same guy he was before the injury, which i think he will be, then we will be just fine and dandy. We have a very capable backup definetly now. I am sure Trent is ready to go back in seeing how well Damon is doing and I think he will be ready to perform.
you don't see any drop off, unless their is rust or something injury related...

so, there is a chance for drop off.

Is there a chance he'll out-perform Huard?

What is more likely to happen? Green outperforms Huard, or Green is rusty and the Chiefs stumble with Green at the helm? Or neither, the Chiefs continue to roll and the QB continues to play well and hand the ball off to LJ a lot...

I say option 3 is the most likely, but I think option 2 is more likely than option 1...which is why I say let's not even **** with it and ride Huard until he proves incapable.

Sure-Oz
11-06-2006, 12:38 AM
you don't see any drop off, unless their is rust or something injury related...

so, there is a chance for drop off.

Is there a chance he'll out-perform Huard?

What is more likely to happen? Green outperforms Huard, or Green is rusty and the Chiefs stumble with Green at the helm? Or neither, the Chiefs continue to roll and the QB continues to play well and hand the ball off to LJ a lot...

I say option 3 is the most likely, but I think option 2 is more likely than option 1...which is why I say let's not even **** with it and ride Huard until he proves incapable.
There is a chance, hell there is always a chance....but i don't see him having too much trouble. But what do you do, Huard has a game like he had in Pitt then you throw him out for Trent?? I think Trent will do well and we will keep rolling, obviously he needs to play and get things going. I am just ready to see him on the field, and won't have worries knowing we got Huard on the bench to back him up.

luv
11-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Being the sentimental person that I am...

I can see Trent retiring after this year. A big part of me wants him to be able to have the chance to take this team into the playoffs (and preferrably win).

However, being as how I love to play poker, I know it's good to ride a hot streak as long as you can. If Huard can do this for us for the rest of the year, why chance it? I know that Trent has the capability of doing this as well, though.

Being female, I tend to lean towards the sentimental. But if we have a chance at the Super Bowl with what we've got going....

Still on the fence I guess.