PDA

View Full Version : Injury report please?

Frankie
11-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Waters?

Tamba?

DJ?

Fow?

Frankie
11-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Anyone? Did anyone listen to the postgame maybe?

DaFace
11-05-2006, 03:00 PM
I listened, but no one said anything definite as far as I know.

KChiefs1
11-05-2006, 03:02 PM
I bet Waters broke his leg from the replay.

DaFace
11-05-2006, 03:04 PM
I bet Waters broke his leg from the replay.

Phobia mentioned that x-rays came back "negative." I think that means you're wrong. I hope.

DaFace
11-05-2006, 03:09 PM
From a thread on WPI:

Brian Waters- knee (NOT broken)
Ty Law- ???
Tamba Hali- hip pointer
Derrick Johnson- right ankle
Greg Wesley- ???
Kendall Gammon- ???
Key Fox- ???

That's not much, but there ya go.

scott free
11-05-2006, 03:13 PM
From a thread on WPI:

Brian Waters- knee (NOT broken)
Ty Law- ???
Tamba Hali- hip pointer
Derrick Johnson- right ankle
Greg Wesley- ???
Kendall Gammon- ???
Key Fox- ???

That's not much, but there ya go.
7 guys, thats just unreal!!! Its gotta be partially due to the turf, even the upgrade stuff st.loser has. If guys arent used to playing on it ya get what happened today. A HORRIBLE price for victory, considering the guys we lost its amazing we won.

FAX
11-05-2006, 03:16 PM
I swear that I wouldn't hold it against a franchise to simply refuse to play on that crap. Just not even show up, take the loss, and let the league figure out what to do about it.

FAX

BigRock
11-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Gammons just took a mean hit on a kick/punt return. They showed him near the end of the game, standing there talking to someone near Herm, and he looked okay.

Douche Baggins
11-05-2006, 03:19 PM
I just got off the phone with my colleagues from the locker room. Here is the report.

http://mb31.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=16798.topic

petegz28
11-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Waters is the only concern right now. The rest will be fine...it is week 9 in the NFL..people are dinged...I can't see a hip pointer keeping Hali out next week and DJ will probably be ok as well

leviw
11-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Gammons just took a mean hit on a kick/punt return. They showed him near the end of the game, standing there talking to someone near Herm, and he looked okay.

Good to see Peter back after the aneurysm.

In an unrelated note, Gammon returned and snapped the last punt.

KChiefs1
11-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Jack Harry says the season is over if Brian Waters doesn't come back.

scott free
11-05-2006, 03:23 PM
I just got off the phone with my colleagues from the locker room. Here is the report.

Thats a pretty reassuring report for all, if Waters doesnt have any ligament damage i will feel SO much better.

keg in kc
11-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Gretz just said that Waters doesn't think his injury is serious, but he's getting an MRI tomorrow.

He's on the air in a second apparently.

TrickyNicky
11-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Good to hear. I didn't even see where DJ got hurt, anyone know which play or when it was?

beer bacon
11-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Good to hear. I didn't even see where DJ got hurt, anyone know which play or when it was?

It was in the second quarter. The CBS announcers didn't even mention it until Keyaron Fox got cramps and had to leave in the second half.

L.A. Chieffan
11-05-2006, 03:39 PM
just a sprain for waters? wow, it looked a lot worse than that. i seriously think somebody has voodoo dolls with chief jerseys on them somewhere

RINGLEADER
11-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Jack Harry says the season is over if Brian Waters doesn't come back.

I think he's pegged the season's collapse four or five times this year. Pretty stupid. Especially since they just beat a team with a winning-record on the road without him.

the Talking Can
11-05-2006, 04:08 PM
just a sprain for waters? wow, it looked a lot worse than that. i seriously think somebody has voodoo dolls with chief jerseys on them somewhere

if that's true I take back all the nasty things I said about God...

kcfanXIII
11-05-2006, 04:12 PM
well if jack harry said it, it must be true. doesn't he work with athan somewhere?

Frankie
11-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Gretz just said that Waters doesn't think his injury is serious, ....
These type of injuries show up when you wake up the next morning. He'll have a better feel of it then than now. I hope he's still as optimistic tomorrow morning.

Thig Lyfe
11-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Why is it that every time I check the board it seems like two more guys I had no idea were injured are on an injury report request?

icepick64
11-05-2006, 05:38 PM
St. Louis was rated the most violent city in the country...

Mr. Laz
11-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Why is it that every time I check the board it seems like two more guys I had no idea were injured are on an injury report request?
cause the announcers were too busy falling in love with their own voices to actually pay attention to what was going on.

i spent the entire 2nd half trying to track who was in and who was out ... who was injured.

i guess they activated John welborn cause i could sworn he was in there at left tackle for awhile.

icepick64
11-05-2006, 05:54 PM
cause the announcers were too busy falling in love with their own voice to actually pay attention to what was going on.

i spent the entire 2nd half trying to track who was in and who was out ... who was injured.

i guess they activated John welborn cause i could sworn he was in there at left tackle for awhile.

I listened to it on KCFX and welbourn was definetly in there. He got beat a couple times for sacks by little.

runnercyclist
11-05-2006, 06:02 PM
cause the announcers were too busy falling in love with their own voice to actually pay attention to what was going on.

Half the time Cricki wouldn't even say whomadethe tackle so they could get right to the plug for the upcoming CBS show plug.

They paid no attention to WHO was on the field- just called the play.

Toad
11-05-2006, 07:45 PM

Speaking of injuries that looked worse than they were - In the SD/Clev game, Donnie Edwards picked off a Charlie Frye pass and got decked in a play that looked like Donnie's knee was broken as well.

I could not believe he was beck in the game later when I was flipping through games.

Now excuse me while I go say a prayer for BW to overcome the voo doo.

TinyEvel
11-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Man, these guys are tanks!

They all play beat up. Craaaayzah!

petegz28
11-05-2006, 07:51 PM
well if jack harry said it, it must be true. doesn't he work with athan somewhere?

Jack Harry is a dumb ass I think most of the time.

I don't know for sure but would not be suprised if he said the same about Roaf and then about Green and then about Turley.

Lzen
11-05-2006, 08:01 PM
I think he's pegged the season's collapse four or five times this year. Pretty stupid. Especially since they just beat a team with a winning-record on the road without him.

That bitch hates the Chiefs. I think it's wishful thinking more than anything.

ChiefaRoo
11-05-2006, 08:02 PM
I listened to it on KCFX and welbourn was definetly in there. He got beat a couple times for sacks by little.

It was him alright. His arms looked smaller but the good news is his nuts have returned to normal size.

KcMizzou
11-05-2006, 08:03 PM
That bitch hates the Chiefs. I think it's wishful thinking more than anything.He really does. It's weird.

He seems to get genuinely angry when he's talking about them.

OldTownChief
11-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Jack Harry=Mecca

KcMizzou
11-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Jack Harry=MeccaI think Mecca's just a contrarion. That's why he's so disergerent all the time.

Simply Red
11-05-2006, 08:58 PM
It was in the second quarter. The CBS announcers didn't even mention it until Keyaron Fox got cramps and had to leave in the second half.

Those announcers were awful. WTF happened to Harlan calling 80% of the CBS games? This year he's only called one.

ChiefaRoo
11-05-2006, 09:08 PM
The announcers were just going through the motions. It didn't matter to them which team was playing. It could of been X's and O's and they would of just kept prattling on about down and distance. Horrible.

GoHuge
11-05-2006, 09:32 PM
That hit on Waters looked pretty damn bad on TV but in the locker room during his interview he said it felt alot better. It just seemed kinda strange. Usually when a player is carted off the field there not in the locker room saying "oh it hurt pretty bad when it happened, but it's not too bad right now." The cart is usually an Oh Shit! sign. Hopefully he was just too tired to walk off or they where just being extra careful. We don't need to lose any of our Pro Bowl big fellas. BTW how about ol JB. He seems to be playing better. Not great but not I-65ish either. Now Sampson is out. I heard or read on here somewhere that we ran out of O-linemen during the game. Just when it seems like they where getting it together there droppin like flies. Hopefully their just dinged up.

blueballs
11-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Dante runs the ball up to around the 28 yard line
they go to a commericial
Chiefs run a play and are trying to get to the 20

Gee let a viewer know wtf is going on

TRR
11-05-2006, 10:00 PM
When I saw Waters go down, my first reaction was that he was lost for the year. I think the best we can hope for is an ACL/MCL strain in which he misses the next 2-4 weeks much like Matt Hasselbeck.

I think all the other players will be fine by Wednesday after 2 full days of treatment. Our D was definitely not as effective without Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson on the sideline.

For those who pimp Key Fox, I'm not sure what you see in him. He actually looked slower than Kendrell Bell, especially in pass coverage.

boogblaster
11-05-2006, 10:39 PM
I dont like it I dont like it ..................

Frankie
11-06-2006, 08:52 AM
It was him alright. His arms looked smaller but the good news is his nuts have returned to normal size.
Thanks for sharing your private viewing. We love inside information. :p

htismaqe
11-06-2006, 09:06 AM
When I saw Waters go down, my first reaction was that he was lost for the year. I think the best we can hope for is an ACL/MCL strain in which he misses the next 2-4 weeks much like Matt Hasselbeck.

I think all the other players will be fine by Wednesday after 2 full days of treatment. Our D was definitely not as effective without Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson on the sideline.

For those who pimp Key Fox, I'm not sure what you see in him. He actually looked slower than Kendrell Bell, especially in pass coverage.

What game did you watch? #97 was constantly around the ball...

ChiTown
11-06-2006, 09:09 AM
What game did you watch? #97 was constantly around the ball...

I thought Key did a great job filling in. Speed isn't his problem at all. In the past, his big knock was not being in position to make plays. He looked pretty damned good yesterday.

Luzap
11-06-2006, 09:24 AM
I think Key did well also (but he's no DJ).

Where we really hurt was losing Tamba. I like Wilkerson, but he was constantly being sucked inside on those misdirection plays.

I'm not as down on Hicks as some people, but he's definitly a downgrade from Hali/Allen.

Luz
shows just how good a #1 pick we made...

htismaqe
11-06-2006, 09:37 AM
I think Key did well also (but he's no DJ).

Where we really hurt was losing Tamba. I like Wilkerson, but he was constantly being sucked inside on those misdirection plays.

I'm not as down on Hicks as some people, but he's definitly a downgrade from Hali/Allen.

Luz
shows just how good a #1 pick we made...

Yeah, when Tamba went down, the difference was visible...

Ari Chi3fs
11-06-2006, 09:58 AM
St. Louis was rated the most violent city in the country...

Oh shit, that was funny.

ct
11-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Hicks is pathetically slow. If Hali misses any time, I pray that Wilkerson is the starter, with Hicks off the bench for breathers.

I found it very telling that immediately after Waters was carted off, we ran behind LG 2x in a row, scoring a TD. Talk about trying to build some confidence, that was gutsy, and I admire it a great deal. Have to keep in mind our opponent, however. Definitely crossing fingers that Waters' injury is not severe season ending variety.

BigRedChief
11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Yeah, when Tamba went down, the difference was visible...

No chit. IMHO Tamba is a bigger loss than Waters. because it will be Hicks in there and noone to cover his mistakes. You still have Shields and Weigman to help out Waters sub.

sedated
11-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Waters' injury looked disgusting, I can't imagine him coming back soon

If he does, he has a job in the circus when he's done with football

I think the other injuries weren't that serious. If anything we can slide through Miami and Oakland and get healthy for Dungver

How can we lose half the roster, yet TinkerBell is still healthy? :cuss:

(probably avoiding all contact has something to do with it)

Calcountry
11-06-2006, 12:38 PM

Football should be played on Grass, and outdoors.

Calcountry
11-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Half the time Cricki wouldn't even say whomadethe tackle so they could get right to the plug for the upcoming CBS show plug.

They paid no attention to WHO was on the field- just called the play.I hate Cricki. His voice, saying "Bulger STANDS IN", made me shake and have convulsions becuase it reminded me of all the "Elway, Stands IN.", crap I had to fade when he called a game.

Calcountry
11-06-2006, 01:08 PM
No chit. IMHO Tamba is a bigger loss than Waters. because it will be Hicks in there and noone to cover his mistakes. You still have Shields and Weigman to help out Waters sub.We don't have a chance against Denver if Hicks is our starter. :p

icepick64
11-06-2006, 01:29 PM
John claytona just said he guess's waters will miss 2-4 weeks if not longer, no MRI report yet.

Frankie
11-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Update please? Has there been anything about Waters' MRI result? Did I miss it?

Halfcan
11-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Fox had cramps-good thing we have Maxey back-lol

I swear that guy is sooo brittle.

FAX
11-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Update please? Has there been anything about Waters' MRI result? Did I miss it?

Excellent question, Mr. Frankie. Allow me to echo this request for information.

Regrettably, I am in Sgt. Schultz status here.

FAX

Rain Man
11-08-2006, 12:47 PM
As an update, it appears that penchief has blown out his right nut.

Wa-Z
11-08-2006, 12:49 PM
I think we know the biggest news - Waters. If the others were serious I think we would've known by know.

FAX
11-08-2006, 12:50 PM
As an update, it appears that penchief has blown out his right nut.

Bad news for Chiefs fans everywhere, Mr. Rain Man.

I expect that Mr. penchief will be out for at least one week ... perhaps two depending on the extent of the nut damage. Nuts can be slow healers.

FAX

Warrior5
11-08-2006, 12:52 PM
Been waiting all day for the Wednesday update...

BigRedChief
11-08-2006, 12:55 PM
Radio this am says.......Waters out 2-3 weeks. DJ and Wesley questionable but could play but will probably be held out so the injury doesn't linger. No word on Trent.

The rest will play.

Wa-Z
11-08-2006, 12:59 PM
DJ and Wesley out...I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Luzap
11-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Hali in.

I know how I feel about that :)

Luz
everyone else better play tough...

KC-TBB
11-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Yeah, you could see the pressure drop when Hali went out...he is young and tough...a hip pointer won't keep him out or slow him down much...PUMP IN THE CORTIZONE BAYBE!

scott free
11-08-2006, 01:58 PM
I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised by Page or Pollard in Wesleys absence. One of them could come up big & start a new controversy. I'd much rather talk about a S controversy than a QB one.

Make the most of this opportunity young bucks!!!

StcChief
11-08-2006, 02:27 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/11/08/injury_report__dolphins06/
Waters O
Green Q
DJ Q
Sampson Q
Wesley Q
Hali P

KCwolf
11-08-2006, 02:43 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/11/08/injury_report__dolphins06/
Waters O
Green Q
DJ Q
Sampson Q
Wesley Q
Hali D

Hali = Probable

Halfcan
11-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Sampson hurt again- did someone cut his hair?

Douche Baggins
11-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Great news! Benny Sapp is back this week!!!

Frankie
11-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Sampson hurt again- did someone cut his hair?
Yeah, GoChiefs! :p