PDA

View Full Version : Great win but my biggest question was...

BigVE
11-05-2006, 04:15 PM
WHY was Walls isolated on Holt so often??? That makes absolutely no sense to me. Was Surtain getting a breather or two or what? He had good play late in the end zone where his heighth really helped out but other than that situation he is a liability in my opinion.

CupidStunt
11-05-2006, 04:20 PM
What did Holt do?

Holt would've probably had that jumpball TD if not for a tall corner being in his face.

BigVE
11-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Not much, but Walls has no business on the field, let alone on Holt.

keg in kc
11-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Something was wrong with Law.

CupidStunt
11-05-2006, 04:26 PM

But if he didn't do much, he obviously did.

Count Alex's Wins
Holt had a whopping 50 yards.

Great ****ing job, Lenny.

BigVE
Something was wrong with Law.

Yeah, I didnt realize that till just a little bit ago. Makes sense then, I thought it was some odd defensive assignment.

BigVE
11-05-2006, 04:27 PM
My bad, WORSHIP MR WALLS!!!

L.A. Chieffan
11-05-2006, 04:29 PM
it may not make much sense, but it worked. holt had one of his worst games all season. I know, i got him on my fantasy team :(

Direckshun
11-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Wrong. Walls saved us a touchdown near the end of the game. He was on the far side alone when Bulger threw it to his side.

You know who else was on that side? Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt. Maybe you've heard of them.

He faked the Bruce to force Bulger to look to Holt, and made a short recovery to shut out Holt from Bulger's pass. A fantastic play, Walls outsmarting one of the smartest passers in the league.

Walls doesn't get the game ball, but he comes close. He's a large reason that Bulger had to settle for 7-to-10 yarders all game instead of the 20 yarders the Rams love. Walls, Surtain, Wesley, Knight and Law had Holt and Bruce blanketed almost every play downfield.

BigVE
11-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Wrong. Walls saved us a touchdown near the end of the game. He was on the far side alone when Bulger threw it to his side.

You know who else was on that side? Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt. Maybe you've heard of them.

Thats the play I acknowledged in my first post genious....or is it geneous in your case? Read the thread, ever heard of it?

blueballs
11-05-2006, 04:51 PM
did Surtain force the Jackson fumble?

petegz28
11-05-2006, 04:53 PM
did Surtain force the Jackson fumble?

No...it was 97

blueballs
11-05-2006, 04:54 PM
FOX

kcfanXIII
11-05-2006, 04:58 PM
all around good gamefrom everyone, but walls is the weak link in this secondary. if not for his height he doesn't make that play in the end zone. he looked lost on the play and was flat footed, he didn't even jump. had he jumped he might have got a pick.

Gaz
11-05-2006, 09:41 PM

He faked the Bruce to force Bulger to look to Holt, and made a short recovery to shut out Holt from Bulger's pass. A fantastic play, Walls outsmarting one of the smartest passers in the league.

Walls doesn't get the game ball, but he comes close. He's a large reason that Bulger had to settle for 7-to-10 yarders all game instead of the 20 yarders the Rams love. Walls, Surtain, Wesley, Knight and Law had Holt and Bruce blanketed almost every play downfield.

It would take a special kind of Hater to dismiss Walls’ defense on the pass attempt at the end of the game. He was in perfect position and played perfectly.

Geez, what else can you people possibly ask?’

The guy had impeccable position and prevented at TD by one of the elite WRs in the friggin’ game, for goodness’ sake.

xoxo~
Gaz
No longer knows what it takes to get some freakin’ love from ChiefsPlanet.

milkman
11-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Well Gaz, this place is full of "special" people, you know.

DJ's left nut
11-05-2006, 10:52 PM
if not for his height he doesn't make that play in the end zone.

And if not for Dan Marino's arm, he wouldn't have been a good QB. If not for Gonzalez's height, he wouldn't have had his 2nd TD today. If Greg Ostertag wasn't a genetic experiment gone awry, he'd be wrapping up my morning McMuffin...so what?

Yup, you're right, his height is the only reason he made that play...but he's still freakin' tall and that counts for something.

I think he's actually a pretty handy red-zone DB. When the WRs have the room to move, Walls is in trouble b/c he's not agile enough to hang with them. In the red zone, OTOH, WRs don't have much room to move and Walls' length allows him to make a play on jump balls and fades that most corners couldn't make the play on.

He's not been as good as I was hoping he'd be for us on balance this season, but he was quite good today.

Direckshun
11-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Thats the play I acknowledged in my first post genious....or is it geneous in your case? Read the thread, ever heard of it?
So angry.

You acknowledged in your first post that Walls made a good play on Holt.

I wanted to describe in detail that he actually made a brilliant play not only on Holt, but Bruce and Bulger as well.

Brilliant play indicative of how well the whole secondary (Walls included) played today.

ChiefsCountry
11-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Walls covered Holt, bc the Chiefs move Surtain in to cover the slot receiver in the nickel defense. Walls bc of his height sucks in the slot, Surtain has played it and is more efficent. Herm explained all of this in the preseason.

TinyEvel
11-05-2006, 11:14 PM

Dude, pretty big stones to be a n00b and toss out the 'tude. I personally think Walls has been a hack, but today he had a few good plays. I hope he rises, but he's very rookie in my mind as of now.