PDA

View Full Version : GoW / CoD3

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2006, 07:25 PM
anyone preorder either of these games for the 360??
i'm hoping i can find a copy in stores on wednesday

ZootedGranny
11-05-2006, 07:51 PM
I preordered Gears of War.

If you call around to Gamestop or EB Games shops on Tuesday, you should be able to snag a copy of GoW.

Robo-Chachi
11-06-2006, 09:32 AM
I plan on getting COD3 but did not preorder. Although, it seems everyone is in such a frenzy to get GOW there should be COD3 everywhere.

Wa-Z
11-06-2006, 01:18 PM
GoW looks unreal. I saw the commercial for the first time yesterday.

icepick64
11-06-2006, 02:10 PM
I pre-ordered GoW. Doubt I will pick up CoD3 cause I am getting rainbow six in a couple weeks also. Anyone know when ebgames will actually get GoW? I was told wednesday but don't new games usually come out tuesday?

QuikSsurfer
11-06-2006, 03:18 PM
I pre-ordered GoW. Doubt I will pick up CoD3 cause I am getting rainbow six in a couple weeks also. Anyone know when ebgames will actually get GoW? I was told wednesday but don't new games usually come out tuesday?
the eb games here said that it would be on shelves wednesday.. some pre orders ship on the 7th

orcinus
11-06-2006, 03:38 PM
According to EB in Springfield, the only way you're able to purchase the game on Tuesday or Wednesday is with a pre-order. The rest of the outlets won't be shelving the game until Emergence Day on Sunday.

Fortunately, one of the stores here still had Tuesday copies available as of this morning. The rest were all pre-selling for Wednesday.

The title is shipping from Epic Games on the 7th, not from retailers. EB and other boutique outlets have their distribution trucks parked outside Epic's lot in order to air the titles to stores that same day.

BIG drop.

EDIT ... looks like EB Games employee might be reaching a bit.

Mr. Laz
11-07-2006, 11:49 AM
best buy has GOW and COD

http://bestbuy.flyerservices.com/cached_images/pages/BBUY_PR02DF_101_110306_p3_00.jpg

icepick64
11-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Reviews are coming out for GoW, gamespot gave it a 9.6 (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gearsofwar/review.html?sid=6161188&tag=topslot;action;1&om_act=convert&click=topslot). Looks like a killer game, can't wait till I get my hands on it.

GoodDaySir!
11-07-2006, 09:13 PM
That Best Buy ad has a nice little deal.

CoD3 + GoW for $100....saving $20.

irishjayhawk
11-08-2006, 12:12 PM
best buy has GOW and COD

http://bestbuy.flyerservices.com/cached_images/pages/BBUY_PR02DF_101_110306_p3_00.jpg
Where is that from? I checked locally and they said that deal doesn't exist.

Mr. Laz
11-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Where is that from? I checked locally and they said that deal doesn't exist.
i thought it was all Bestbuys .... but i guess it's not

my bad

i think it's mostly west coast ... arizona ...

irishjayhawk
11-08-2006, 01:22 PM
i thought it was all Bestbuys .... but i guess it's not

my bad

i think it's mostly west coast ... arizona ...
Damn you west coasters....that deal was sweet.

carlos3652
11-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Best Buys and Circuit City's has them for the non pre order people today...

QuikSsurfer
11-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Best Buys and Circuit City's has them for the non pre order people today...
shit.. eb said "not til the 12th" unless you preordered... so i picked up COD3 instead.. but i'll definitely get by best buy tomorrow for GOW

Redrum_69
11-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Gears of War is badass..I think it ranks right up there with HALO
the two player campaign mode....is highly recommended

COD3 if you liked COD2...then you'll love this one.

Ultra Peanut
11-09-2006, 01:49 PM
I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Blalalalalalalalalalalalallalalalalalallalalalalalalalallalalalalalala!!!!!!!!

ZootedGranny
11-09-2006, 01:51 PM
I played Gears of War yesterday for nearly 10 hours. It's probably the best game I've played since Resident Evil 4 on the GC.

Redrum_69
11-09-2006, 03:00 PM
The ending of GOW was beyond any game I ever played.

I wont ruin the end, but your character dies impressively.

And the beast...wow...just plain wow

Woodrow Call
11-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Gears of War is the greatest game of all-time IMO. Single player is amazing and the online play is the best I have ever played.

It's a work of art.

QuikSsurfer
11-09-2006, 03:46 PM
The ending of GOW was beyond any game I ever played.

I wont ruin the end, but your character dies impressively.

And the beast...wow...just plain wow

wtf.. i can't believe you just said your character dies... put SPOILER ALERT or something
i just picked this game up today.

icepick64
11-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Played it for like 3 hours yesterday co-op campaign. WOW, this has to be one of the best games I have ever played. The beserker is freakin awesome..

ChiefFan31
11-10-2006, 12:52 AM
I pre-ordered Gears of War through Circuit City. I believe the ad said guaranteed by 5 pm Wednesday (yesterday) I went to pick it up and oh, we dont have them in stock.

That blows. I wonder if Best Buys and the Gamestops/EB's have them in. Looks like some of you guys are already playing GOW. I cant wait to get it :banghead:

wutamess
11-10-2006, 01:09 AM
Keep the reviews coming...

It's hard to imagine a game with better online play than my Ghost Recon, & Ghost Recon IT but I think I'm going to have to give in and cop this one.

Hated Halo & H2 as it gets really redundant.
Hope GoW is better.

I bought H2 and sold it within a coupla days because of the redundancy.

Redrum_69
11-10-2006, 03:13 PM
wtf.. i can't believe you just said your character dies... put SPOILER ALERT or something
i just picked this game up today.

LOL, I'm kidding, I havent even played through the first mission. I been hooked playing COD3.

Besides, I would never reveal the ending to anyone.

QuikSsurfer
11-10-2006, 06:05 PM
this is easily one of the best games i've ever played.. right up there on the list with Shenmue..
the MP is okay.. but the single player is nothing short of amazing. well worth the wait.
i'm getting used to the COD3 MP .. i'm liking it.. a lot of people are having trouble joining games from the lobby but if ur NAT is open, you shouldn't have any trouble. haven't even started the SP missions on COD3 yet :)

irishjayhawk
11-10-2006, 11:58 PM
GoW is definitely better CoOp than anything. The online will be tight. It could be a better game than Halo.

wutamess
11-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Been playing all night until 7am.

Thinking I should wait until tonight to start again because I can truly appreciate the graphics but I'm gonna play until it's time to play football... The wife and the kids are gone. Have to take advantage.

wutamess
11-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Beat it...

I didn't realize that I was finished, Damned good game.

A- overall...
Online sucks because there aren't any respawns but it's fun playing when alive.

Another thing that sucks online is that you can only have max teams of 4 on 4. At least 6 on 6 would've been nice.

However.
I can rarely say this but the game itself is better than online play.

AI could be a little improved.
Could heal other team members when down and shots actually affecting the opposition wouldn't hurt.

Best game to come out since the 1st GR & GRIT.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:41 PM
I picked up Gears of War it rules.........I can't pick up COD 3 right now though.....I have to use my money on Smackdown vs Raw....

Wallcrawler
11-13-2006, 01:40 AM
Gears of War is sickeningly good. Its going to absolutely RUIN the rest of the 3rd person shooters out there.

The cover combat system is awesome. Firing from cover to suppress the enemy, flanking strategies, not to mention sneaking in and revving up the Chainsaw Bayonet and carving the enemy up while blood sprays all over the screen.

Singleplayer/co-op campaign is pretty short, but everything there is awesome. The action starts and its in your face for the entire span of the game. Theres nothing there that interrupts the flow of the game.

Multiplayer is pretty fun also. Sneaking up on your buddy and jamming a spiked grenade into his back and rolling away as his body explodes in a shower of chunky goodness, its priceless.

I have COD3 also, but ever since I put GoW in, I havent wanted to play anything else, so I have no idea how good it is yet. Ive completed the campaign on Casual and Hardcore, and am starting it on Insane now.

Casual is a good level to start with, but Hardcore is where the game gets fun. The enemies are more aggressive and will suppress and flank you, and everything is just so much more intense.

Get a friend to help you in co-op, and this is one of the absolute best 2 player games ever made.

GoW is a must have game, no doubt. If youre a fan of shooters in any way shape or form, you will love this game.

Woodrow Call
11-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Anyone know where I can find the sales numbers on GOW? I'm interested to see how it stacked up.

GoTrav
11-13-2006, 01:51 PM
I grabbed GoW as well. I've currently only into the 2nd chapter but it's a good one! How does the COOP work? I'd like to team up with someone and hammer away at that too but I want to beat the single-player first....

Ultra Peanut
11-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Holy SHIT, Gears of War is amazing.

QuikSsurfer
11-13-2006, 08:32 PM
the coop mode is too much fun

DrNick
11-14-2006, 02:53 PM

I was wondering when we'd hear from you on this topic...

I just finished the first act today by myself on hardcore...it is one of the most intense games that I have ever played.

You haven't gamed until you've lured that berserker outside for a double dose of the Hammer of Dawn!! :D

QuikSsurfer
11-14-2006, 03:02 PM
I was wondering when we'd hear from you on this topic...

I just finished the first act today by myself on hardcore...it is one of the most intense games that I have ever played.

You haven't gamed until you've lured that berserker outside for a double dose of the Hammer of Dawn!! :D

i'm not too far ahead of you.
the berserker was intense. i'm loving this game!

irishjayhawk
11-15-2006, 12:16 AM
Beat it...

I didn't realize that I was finished, Damned good game.

A- overall...
Online sucks because there aren't any respawns but it's fun playing when alive.

Another thing that sucks online is that you can only have max teams of 4 on 4. At least 6 on 6 would've been nice.

However.
I can rarely say this but the game itself is better than online play.

AI could be a little improved.
Could heal other team members when down and shots actually affecting the opposition wouldn't hurt.

Best game to come out since the 1st GR & GRIT.

I disagree about the online part. Rounds are way better than respawns, in my opinion. However, I do agree that 6 on 6 would/could be better.

GoTrav
11-15-2006, 11:45 AM
i'm not too far ahead of you.
the berserker was intense. i'm loving this game!

On Act 3 now. The kryll pretty much are a PITA...enjoyed the fun at the gas station though.

Ultra Peanut
11-15-2006, 12:18 PM
**** the Kryll so hard. I'm going to be scared of the dark in real life now.

You haven't gamed until you've lured that berserker outside for a double dose of the Hammer of Dawn!! :DOh, God yes.