PDA

View Full Version : Who's To Blame, Elvis, Raye, or Gun?

gonzo88
01-12-2001, 03:09 PM
Who do you guys think is responsible for Grbac's record shattering season in which he shot down several of Dawson's and the Chiefs passing records? You have to give props to one of these three.

kcchiefszoo
01-12-2001, 03:17 PM
Its gotta go to Elvis, he made all the reads!

58Forever
01-12-2001, 03:22 PM
Elvis executed...so give it to Elvis...

gonzo88
01-12-2001, 03:28 PM
Elvis did all this in a "run" oriented offense. Think about what he could possibly do in a rams style offense. Hopefully if Sly starts coming along, and we get a RB that opposing D's have to honor, we will be able to light it up next year! Wouldn't it be nice if we could win as long as our D kept the opposing team to 30 points or less?!

Packfan
01-12-2001, 03:33 PM
The Rams offense requires quick thinking, quick release and the ability to scan the field when dropping back. Elvis isnt very good at this. He showed his quick thinking at New England, he was zeroed in on Gonzalez all year, and nobody has a release like Kurt Warner. He is a 7-9 QB. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cannibal
01-12-2001, 03:43 PM
It's a combination of Elvis' improvement, DA, Sly, Gonzo, great pass protection, and Raye.

We know how much you all "love" Elvis, but come on, he obviously did not do it all by himself. To say he did is a slap in the face to his teammates who provided him with great support.

gonzo88
01-12-2001, 03:48 PM
So, packfan, ramfan, or who ever you are, which of the three IS responsible then?

58Forever
01-12-2001, 03:49 PM
go fuck yourself packfan...goodnight, have a nice weekend...

gonzo88
01-12-2001, 03:52 PM
Cannible, of course no one man on a team is solely responsible for their own success. That is why they call it a TEAM. But, to say that a QB isn't the most major contributor to his success is crazy. The main reason Grbac broke those records is because of Elvis Grbac.

MrBlond
01-12-2001, 03:54 PM
I give it to Kurt Schottenheimer. The genius of his soft zones rarely gave a lead for us to sit on. Remember the 500 yards against Oakland? If the D doesn't give up 49, Elvis doesnt need to keep winging it!!!

DaWolf
01-12-2001, 04:50 PM
Packfan,
The problem is you guys love to point out the bad things and skip over the overwhelming majority of the good things he did...

milkman
01-13-2001, 04:21 AM
I agree with Mr. Blond's take. I also lay some blame at Raye's feet. That guy wouldn't know a balanced offense if it ran (and passed) over him. and I give credit to Grbac, Gonzo, DA, and the O-Line for his success, even tho defenses came to expect him to continuosly throw the ball.

donkhater
01-13-2001, 05:51 AM
While I don't think it's fair to label Grbac a 7-9 QB (we may soon be saying Trent Dilfer and Kerry Collins are SB quality QB's, how silly does that sound?), I do agree with Packfan in that St. Louis's offense is successful because of Warner's quick read ability and quick release. Trent Green, while putting up good efficiency marks, was not as effective in that sceme last season. Elvis can scan the field well and has shown a good ability to step up in the pocket this season, which is a MAJOR factor in him staying relativly healthy the past two seasons.

I hesitate the Chiefs using this type of O with the personel they have. Sure they were successful passing this season, but it wasn't the same type of system. For example, Chicago has a passing offense and it doesn't really resemble the Rams either.

Rather a Denver (I'm gonna puke) or Indianapolis type of offense in which the running game predicates everything in the passing attack is what I'd rather see. Obviously having a real threat in the backfield is the key in that scenario.