PDA

View Full Version : tampa two scheme

Drew
11-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with a huge road win over a team that was over .500 but does Gun's scheme EVER involve covering a back out in the flat? Steven Jackson was open all day today . Every play. Yes , quite often it was a result of Bulger checking down but there isn't an lb or safety within 8 yds. Fix it.

Also please inform Eric Hicks that his collection of a nfl paycheck should now be considered daylight robbery. Hali goes out, Hicks in and our pass rush disappears in the 2nd half . Your 13 sack miracle year was a long time ago , E.

Short Leash Hootie
11-05-2006, 09:20 PM
we have no chemistry in our secondary

Basileus777
11-05-2006, 09:23 PM
We were playing soft zone and preventing big plays, something we did a pretty good job with. The underneath was open all day because of this, but it worked because we had a big lead. I'd rather Jackson get a bunch of dump off passes than Holt burn us deep. You also have to figure that losing DJ hurt in covering RBs out of the backfield.

Fruit Ninja
11-05-2006, 09:24 PM
NO pressure from the Dline will do that to a Cover2 scheme. IN Tampa, look who they had on thier Dline, it was pretty good.

Also in the Cover 2 someone is going to be open down the middle if you dont get enough pressure. That was Jackson all day, but i much rather have Jackson have 13 catches for 133 yards then Holt.

Count Zarth
11-05-2006, 09:26 PM
That was the gameplan. With St. Louis you have to pick your poison. We were determined to make them dink and dunk their way downfield. It's very tough to do that consistently. They couldn't. We won. KUDOS.

carlos3652
11-05-2006, 09:28 PM
NO pressure from the Dline will do that to a Cover2 scheme. IN Tampa, look who they had on thier Dline, it was pretty good.

Also in the Cover 2 someone is going to be open down the middle if you dont get enough pressure. That was Jackson all day, but i much rather have Jackson have 13 catches for 133 yards then Holt.

If Holt would have been open downfield... he would have gashed us for 3tds deep...

Gameplan worked...

Mecca
11-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Our cover 2, especially today isn't exactly the way a cover 2 is meant to be played. Our safeties aren't cover 2 safeties and when Derrick Johnson goes out and you got Kendrell Bell and Kris Griffin at LB.....you're gonna give up some plays.

Gaz
11-05-2006, 09:46 PM
We were playing soft zone and preventing big plays, something we did a pretty good job with. The underneath was open all day because of this, but it worked because we had a big lead. I'd rather Jackson get a bunch of dump off passes than Holt burn us deep. You also have to figure that losing DJ hurt in covering RBs out of the backfield.

Word.

xoxo~
Gaz
Has nothing useful to add.

RINGLEADER
11-05-2006, 09:54 PM

Bingo. The entire scheme today was to give them the underneath and keep Holt and Bruce out of the game (which they did a fine job at IMO). The Rams had six pass plays of more than 20 yards. 2 went to Bruce, 1 went to Holt, 1 went to McDonald, 1 went to Jackson on a pass to the flat, and 1 went to that dude who got lit up on the last play. It was frustrating to see them put up so many yards on the underneath stuff but c'mon, they only gave up 17 points to the number 8 offense in yardage and number 9 offense in points scored. And we did it in their house. Without our starting DE. Or our starting LB. Or our starting safety.

It was a good win for KC.

cdcox
11-05-2006, 09:59 PM
That was the gameplan. With St. Louis you have to pick your poison. We were determined to make them dink and dunk their way downfield. It's very tough to do that consistently. They couldn't. We won. KUDOS.

Yup. This is the whole idea behind the cover 2. Keep everything in front of you and knock the snot out of them when they touch it. Given the injuries, we played great.

Tinlar
11-05-2006, 10:03 PM
I started Holt this week... I've never been so happy to get 1 point out of a WR before :)

ChiefsCountry
11-05-2006, 10:03 PM
LB's dropped way back that is why Jackson was open. Dawson explained it on the radio.

TRR
11-05-2006, 10:05 PM
I agree with what everyone else said about the gameplan today. I didn't neccessarily like to see S. Jackson making catch after catch, but I would have hated to see Holt, Bruce, and Curtis catching uncontested 25 yard bombs down the middle of the field. I thought the D was very vanilla today, but worked extremely well because of the big lead.

Even when the Rams would score, it would take them long, extended drives to get it done. And in the end, KC stiffened up on the goal line to put it away.

Mecca
11-05-2006, 10:07 PM
I agree with what everyone else said about the gameplan today. I didn't neccessarily like to see S. Jackson making catch after catch, but I would have hated to see Holt, Bruce, and Curtis catching uncontested 25 yard bombs down the middle of the field. I thought the D was very vanilla today, but worked extremely well because of the big lead.

Even when the Rams would score, it would take them long, extended drives to get it done. And in the end, KC stiffened up on the goal line to put it away.

Did you enjoy seeing Steven Jacksons finger bent in a way that a finger doesn't bend?

Count Zarth
11-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Did you enjoy seeing Steven Jacksons finger bent in a way that a finger doesn't bend?

That's 'cus we **** PEOPLE UP!!!!!!!!!111ONE

TRR
11-05-2006, 10:21 PM

That was rough. I tell you what, I definitely have a new-found respect for Stephen Jackson. I didn't think he would come back in the game after that. He is a solid back, and a physical runner. He'll be good for years to come in St Lou.

Drew
11-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Page two and no one has addressed the pedestrian play of Hicks? Sims? Wilkerson? Gun rotates our d-line in and out to keep them fresh and productive yet Allen and Hali seem to be the only guys doing anything. Once in a while Reed shows up and stuffs a play but generally the secondary and lb's are asked to do too much.

dj56dt58
11-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Page two and no one has addressed the pedestrian play of Hicks? Sims? Wilkerson? Gun rotates our d-line in and out to keep them fresh and productive yet Allen and Hali seem to be the only guys doing anything. Once in a while Reed shows up and stuffs a play but generally the secondary and lb's are asked to do too much.
still page one for me...

and yeah we need to get more pressure up the middle and guys who can rotate in that can get pressure as well...that's the key for a cover 2 to work and right now we are extremely inconsistant at it...

dj56dt58
11-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Wilkerson is pretty good imo tho....he can play both DE and DT and normally gets pressure on the qb

Easy 6
11-06-2006, 06:13 AM
If Holt would have been open downfield... he would have gashed us for 3tds deep...

Gameplan worked...
:thumb:

the Talking Can
11-06-2006, 06:23 AM
Bingo. The entire scheme today was to give them the underneath and keep Holt and Bruce out of the game (which they did a fine job at IMO). The Rams had six pass plays of more than 20 yards. 2 went to Bruce, 1 went to Holt, 1 went to McDonald, 1 went to Jackson on a pass to the flat, and 1 went to that dude who got lit up on the last play. It was frustrating to see them put up so many yards on the underneath stuff but c'mon, they only gave up 17 points to the number 8 offense in yardage and number 9 offense in points scored. And we did it in their house. Without our starting DE. Or our starting LB. Or our starting safety.

It was a good win for KC.

what he said...it was very frustrating during the game, but 17 points is 17 points...