PDA

View Full Version : Friggen' Seahawks...

hawaiianboy
01-12-2001, 03:21 PM
Sitting there at 7 and 10... with the pick they shafted from Dallas I have this uneasy feeling they will walk away with a stud defensive lineman and Koren Robinson... who I feel will be THE ABSOLUTE STAR to come out of this draft class... Plus the picks they'll get when they trade Watters...

Add that to having the best young RB (Alexander) in the division and probably the best young WR (Jackson).... If they can shape up their offensive line and QB situation (I'd keep Huard as starter rather than trade a #1 for the overrated Trent Green)... this will be a team to reckon with next year.... I also would not be surprised to see the Walrus take a flyer on Ryan Leaf... a WSU graduate who has the tools but lacks the maturity and polish.

Seems every thing is falling into place for Holmgut... Maybe I better find a Hawk BB to jinx...
I spent '99 on a Donx board and they went 6-10.... '00 on your board and you went 7-9.....

JoeSeahawk you suck!... Here's hoping you draft Brees!

Cannibal
01-12-2001, 03:33 PM
I think the Seahawks either sign Brad Johnson, or work a trade for Trent Green.

Then I would think they take at least one WR in the first round, probably Santana Moss.

Trent Green
Santana Moss
Darrell Jackson
Shaun Alexander

That's a potentially explosive offense.

I agree, things are falling into place for the Seahawks.

58Forever
01-12-2001, 03:33 PM
Surf dude, the QB situation is what will keep the Hawks on a level par with the rest of the west...unless Huard becomes the next Montana or they trade for Green or buy a FA...hey, they might be tough afterall...the west is best...

ROYC75
01-12-2001, 03:35 PM
jq

Take your win this year,get it all,enjoy it well. See that you are already sweat'n next year! Should be,lots of changes going on,teams will be pretty much even next year like 99 was.

Enjoy your chance this year on glory,next year will be harder to get!

hawaiianboy
01-12-2001, 03:45 PM
Roy...

Not sweating any.... just wondering who'll be the top team chasing us next year....

I just can't believe the luck for them:

Jerry Jones brainfarts and gives up two #1's for an overrated Galloway.

Shawn Alexander falls into their laps last year

Now, I have a feeling Koren Robinson will fall in their laps..
... No offense to Santana, David Terril or any other WR... but Robinson is special... very special.

Snapper
01-12-2001, 04:10 PM
jq, do us a favor and stay on the Raider BB in 01! :D

Actually I enjoy reading your posts, I thinkz you knowz your footballz!

Did you see Inside the NFL on HBO last night? They had a segment on Gruden, damn, it's hard to hate the guy!

P.S.
My nephew that I've mentioned B4 as being a Raider fan has given me $hit almost daily via email bout the Chefs not making the playoffs, I never shoulda takin the bastaige huntin, fishin or to ballgames when he was younger!

Snapper
01-12-2001, 04:20 PM
P.S.x2

jq, my nephew works in Coffeyville, Ks., Mondriel Fulcher's (#48) hometown, my nephew sez Mondriel's mom works at a convenient store there, he mentioned to her he was a BIG Raider's fan & B.S.'s w/her everytime he's in there, he said he was trying to suck up enough trying to get some tickets when the Raiders came to KC, but to no avail.

Question: Is Dudley on his way out? Is Fulcher good enough to start @ TE?

Joe Seahawk
01-12-2001, 04:43 PM
jq,
I hope Holmy doesn't cough up any #1 picks for a quarterback..I worry about Huards ability to stay healthy, but I would not be too dissapointed to enter the season with him as our starter.
If we can get Hasselback for a #2 I would do that and let him and Huard compete for the starting job.

I respect your football opinion, so I'm going to go search the web for info on this Koren Robinson you speak of..

BTW..I would take Tuiasasopo before Brees, neither in the first or second round however..

Here's to hoping you guys draft ANOTHER kicker..LOL

[Edited by Joe Seahawk on 01-12-2001 at 06:47 PM]

Joe Seahawk
01-12-2001, 04:47 PM
Koren Robinson - WR - North Carolina State - 6'2 - 201 - 4.42
Mind altering potential. Rare redshirt sophomore declaring for NFL draft... Rare not only that he is declaring with two more years of eligibility, but that his play, potential, and likely Top Ten draft selection warrants him declaring this early..... Burst onto the scene as a redhsirt freshman last season. Had only 8 catches in the first five games of the season, but had 42 grabs in the final six games.... Finished with 50 catches for 852 yards... Followed that up this season with amazing numbers, especially considering how often he was double-teamed... 62 catches, 1,052 yards and 13 TDs... Has great height, and incredible speed. Times his leaps well and fights for the ball. A graceful leaper.... concentrates and catches the ball with his hands... Broke Torry Holt's school records for 100-yard receiving games in a season (nine) and 100-yard receiving games for a career (15).

hawaiianboy
01-12-2001, 05:29 PM
Snapper...

You should be thankful your nephew is a Raider fan.... it guarantees one smart one in the pack...

As for Fulcher... he has potential.. I think Dudley is gone after this season...so MF moves up to # 2 behind Bringham.... though I would not be surprised to see Gruden create a h-back type position for him next year.....

JoeSeahawk... mark my words... Koren will be the best player to come out of this draft... He's torn up every body I've seen him play against... If I had the #1 pick of this draft... I'd take him......He reminds me of a more physical version of Randy Moss.... You still suck BTW.....

DaKCMan AP
01-12-2001, 06:46 PM
I don't worry too much about the 'Hawks. If they draft a QB, WR, and/or defensive help, they could be dangerous. They could also take time to become dangerous. This could be their last year in the division, as they are likely to move to the NFC when re-alignment occurs. That's when the team will really flourish if at all, and we won't have to play them twice a year when they do.

Mosbonian
01-12-2001, 10:34 PM
Living in the heart of ACC country i have seen enough of Robinson to agree with you about his "potential". The only problem that could hold him back is his immaturity and the occasional "Space For Rent" between his ears. Another year in the Collegiate ranks would really make him a more valuable commodity, but he would be lost on a mediocre NC State team.

mark