PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now?

Robo-Chachi
11-06-2006, 08:26 AM
John Mellencamp. Whatever happened to that guy? I'd love to be able to hear a new song of his.

StcChief
11-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Better as John Cougar.

siberian khatru
11-06-2006, 08:32 AM
I haven't seen or heard of him in ... oh, God, it must be HOURS by now.

morphius
11-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Just listen to the commercial breaks during a game, it is like listening to him over and over and over and...

ping2000
11-06-2006, 08:41 AM
I wish the falling Dodge truck would fall through the earth, land on him and kill him. Please stop playing that lame ass song from Hell!!!!!

chagrin
11-06-2006, 08:41 AM
That was awful, every single break - here comes the GM crap, I am thoroughly convinced now, not that I ever had a doubt, not to buy a GM vehicle. I don't want one cent of my money going to that monkey's career.

stevieray
11-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Mellencamp rocks, though I wish he wouldn't have sold out to Chevrolet.

Archie F. Swin
11-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Better as John Cougar.

John Cougar Menstrualcramp

Frankie
11-06-2006, 08:59 AM
Where are they now?
Joe Pesci? :shrug:

Robo-Chachi
11-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Joe Pesci? :shrug:

I actually saw a trailer last week for a movie with him in it.

htismaqe
11-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Just listen to the commercial breaks during a game, it is like listening to him over and over and over and...

Not yesterday.

Shit, at one point there wasn't a single commercial that WASN'T a political attack ad.

I'll be glad when tomorrow is over.

Robo-Chachi
11-06-2006, 09:21 AM
I heard once Saddam hangs they're going to add that footage to the Mellencamp commercial.

chagrin
11-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Not yesterday.

Shit, at one point there wasn't a single commercial that WASN'T a political attack ad.

Last night during the game, every single commercial break, that ad played

Bowser
11-06-2006, 09:23 AM
Not yesterday.

A-****ing-men. It's been over the top rediculous this year.

We were on vacation last week, and when we got home and checked messages, there were 19 messages soliciting our vote. Pathetic.

ROYC75
11-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Hey man, that's our country, OK !

BTW, Chevy trucks, Like a Rock ! :D

4th and Long
11-06-2006, 09:29 AM
You gotta be chitting me. We're less than 24 hours removed from a Chiefs victory and this thread about Mellonhead pops up?

Hey. Why don't you and Robo-Joanie go grab an oil can squirt each others rusty holes.

Bowser
11-06-2006, 09:38 AM
You gotta be chitting me. We're less than 24 hours removed from a Chiefs victory and this thread about Mellonhead pops up?

Hey. Why don't you and Robo-Joanie go grab an oil can squirt each others rusty holes.

Are you trying to turn into the next grumpy Skip Towne, or what?

htismaqe
11-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Last night during the game, every single commercial break, that ad played

It's market-specific.

In the Des Moines market, there's 2 congressional races, a half-dozen state races, and Governor is up for election too.

In this market, it's attack ads 24-7.

Frazod
11-06-2006, 09:47 AM
That commercial makes me want to stab Mellencrap in the eye with an icepick, and until about a month ago, I really liked him. Like every commercial break in the WS wasn't enough - now it's every commercial break in every goddamn football game. The Bronco-pisswater lovetrain commercials aren't this annoying.

:cuss:

chagrin
11-06-2006, 09:52 AM
It's market-specific.

In the Des Moines market, there's 2 congressional races, a half-dozen state races, and Governor is up for election too.

In this market, it's attack ads 24-7.

Same here, all the elections, etc - but for some reason, those Chevy commercials didn't get cut in favor of the attack ads, whic we also suffer through

Robo-Chachi
11-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Impressive New Honda Inspires John Mellencamp To Write Song About Japan
November 6, 2006 | Issue 42•45

INDIANAPOLIS—The high quality and enduring value of the new 2007 Honda Accord has inspired roots-rock veteran John Mellencamp to write a stirring hymn about the working-class nation of Japan. "Oh, you noble land of the rising sun/Where discipline and duty are still number one," Mellencamp sings in the video for "Buddha On The Highway," in which he is seen playing his guitar on the hood of a bright orange Accord parked in a terraced rice paddy. "There's a place in Nihon for me and you/I was born in Hokkaido and I'll die there, too." Mellencamp has reportedly begun work on a follow-up song telling the story of Hideo and Mariko, two Okinawan kids doing the best they can, who lose their jobs when Honda closes down the local plant and moves operations to Marysville, OH

4th and Long
11-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Are you trying to turn into the next grumpy Skip Towne, or what?
Shaddup or I'll neg rep you into oblivion. :p