PDA

View Full Version : Go ahead and start Fox

Mr. Laz
11-06-2006, 09:36 AM
i've been skeptical so far ....

i hear people ranting about Keyaron Fox when he hadn't really done anything yet ... but yesterday he was very active.

he was out of position too ... just like new starters tend to be, but he was active and productive.

when DJ comes back, Fox should slide over and replace Bell as the starter at OLB.

fox had 5 tackles is a partial game ..... Bell had 2 in a whole game

heck ... if fox plays an entire game, gets about 8-10 tackles he will catch Bell in total defensive tackles in about 2 games.

i imagine Fox will eventually be better in the passing game too with his added speed.

we should just go for it.

morphius
11-06-2006, 09:55 AM
It would be interested to see what the coaches believe that Bell is doing better then Fox in practice that Fox hasn't been able to take his spot.

Fish
11-06-2006, 10:01 AM
ROLB is a mentally tough position to play. You've got to be very smart and make quick decisions. Especially so in pass coverage. I think right now Key Fox is more athletically talented than Bell, but Bell has more experience. Tough to unseat somebody at that position.

My vote is easily for Fox though....

ChiefaRoo
11-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Fox doesn't tackle well and it as fragile as a little girl. Other than that he's perfect.

Rain Man
11-06-2006, 10:27 AM
I was impressed by a couple of Fox's plays yesterday. I actually thought that he had replaced Bell for the longest time, until I realized that I wasn't hearing Johnson's name OR Bell's name being called, which meant that Johnson was out and Bell was still in.

I have nothing else to add.

Chief Faithful
11-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Fox doesn't tackle well and it as fragile as a little girl. Other than that he's perfect.

If you add slow and tentative you would have described Bell.

L.A. Chieffan
11-06-2006, 11:30 AM
did bell play? i didnt even notice him on the field yesterday, although that's nothing new.

CupidStunt
11-06-2006, 11:30 AM
I never raved about Fox starting because he rules but because Bell sucks.

KevB
11-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Key was actually the one who knocked the ball out of Steven Jackson's hands on that fumble. He makes plays.

ChiefsFanatic
11-06-2006, 12:42 PM
i've been skeptical so far ....

i hear people ranting about Keyaron Fox when he hadn't really done anything yet ... but yesterday he was very active.

he was out of position too ... just like new starters tend to be, but he was active and productive.

when DJ comes back, Fox should slide over and replace Bell as the starter at OLB.

fox had 5 tackles is a partial game ..... Bell had 2 in a whole game

heck ... if fox plays an entire game, gets about 8-10 tackles he will catch Bell in total defensive tackles in about 2 games.

i imagine Fox will eventually be better in the passing game too with his added speed.

we should just go for it.

I agree. Remember that idiotic snafu by Colquitt? Well, it was Fox that was trying to run him down. Alomost got to him. Bell never would have been anywhere close.

In that same game, when Bell bit on the play action, he turned and jogged toward the receiver who caught the TD pass. It was like he knew he couldn't get there, so why even try. Well, I assume he was jogging, he may have been in an all out sprint.

Spicy McHaggis
11-06-2006, 12:51 PM
It would be interested to see what the coaches believe that Bell is doing better then Fox in practice that Fox hasn't been able to take his spot.

Exactly. I would love to hear a legit explanation from Herm or especially Gun on what exactly this mysterious quality is that Bell possesses. For all Herm's talk about disregarding $$$ or draft position while figuring playing time this seems to be the exception. Fox has outplayed Bell every opportunity he's had. Sub-package Bell into a few formations to soothe Gun's ego about being completely wrong about a guy and start Fox.

Bob Dole
11-06-2006, 12:54 PM
did bell play? i didnt even notice him on the field yesterday, although that's nothing new.

That's because we managed to avoid having him in "coverage" on multiple TD passes.

sedated
11-06-2006, 01:03 PM
a legit explanation

$