PDA

View Full Version : Original Van Halen Lineup to Reunite!!!

scott free
11-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Might catch some flak for not putting this in the Media Center but i wanted to shout it from the peaks. They are working on putting together a 07' tour with DLR, and i could NOT be more excited, i'll sell my damn car to make to a show if i have to. FINALLY they seem to have put all the colossal egos aside and do what the fans have been asking for since they broke up.

Its gonna be awesome, i have never seen them in any incarnation but had no desire to see Sammy sing the songs that only Dave should belt. I never liked the Hagar years. But man am i HAPPY...YIPPEEEE!!!

JimNasium
11-06-2006, 10:19 AM
I prefer Van Hagar but I'm most likely in the minority on this one.

stevieray
11-06-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm definitely going to this.

Saw them at the K at a Summerjam when they were just getting started.

Dartgod
Errrrrrrm, no thanks.

http://media.travelgolf.com/tg_blog_media/david_lee_roth.jpg

Phobia
I was a Van Halen fan back in the day because it seemed like the thing to do.

Now I have a dozen Van Halen CDs (or more) which sit on a shelf. I don't care if I ever hear them again. I certainly don't want to see them 20 years past their prime.

siberian khatru
Neil, Geddy and Alex would BLOW THEM OUT OF THE WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/halfcan]

siberian khatru
11-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Errrrrrrm, no thanks.

Man, Farrah Fawcett's really gone downhill.

Robo-Chachi
11-06-2006, 10:21 AM
You think DLR looks bad, nowadays Eddie looks more like the Eddie from Iron Maiden than the Eddie from Van Halen.

http://www.smgfx.com/docs/images/iron_maiden/eddie_1.jpg

Brock
11-06-2006, 10:22 AM
From what I've been hearing, it will be Ed's son on bass.

So, probably not the original lineup.

BigRedChief
11-06-2006, 10:22 AM
I thought they were going to tour with Eddie's 15 year old son Wolfgang?

I saw them at the Monsters of Rock show in the mid 80's at Arrowhead. One of the best shows ever. They rocked that night. 20 years later? maybe Vegas?

chagrin
11-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Are you certain of this? That's awesome, anyone who doesn't think that would be a good show, well, just go listen to how good they sounded on Meanwise Magic, written and released on the Greatest of discs - I for one would be happy to see them.

They were my 3rd concert ever, back in 82 - Shreveport. David was drunk as usual, and even Eddie sounded only halfway like himself; it was still a great show!

Scorp
15 years to late............nobody gives a rats ass now.

ChiefaRoo
I'd go! As long as they still rock.

stevieray
I was a Van Halen fan back in the day because it seemed like the thing to do.

Now I have a dozen Van Halen CDs (or more) which sit on a shelf. I don't care if I ever hear them again. I certainly don't want to see them 20 years past their prime.

i'll take em. how much?

4th and Long
11-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Errrrrrrm, no thanks.

I second that motion. I have old wallets that look better than Dave's face. Yuck! All messy!

morphius
With Roth recently doing Lounge act version of their old hits, I'm really having a hard time getting excited about it. I loved the Roth Halen stuff, listened to all of their early stuff, well except for Diver Down, all the time in the car.

Robo-Chachi
I'd go! As long as they still rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX9qcggRo18

scott free
11-06-2006, 10:25 AM
From what I've been hearing, it will be Ed's son on bass.

So, probably not the original lineup.

Yeah i heard that as well, i really just meant DLR is back. I dont care if they cant jump around quite like they used to, its about the music. I dont care if their hair is receding either, so was KISS's but their reunion tour ROCKED and so will VH's.

JimNasium
They rocked that night. 20 years later? maybe Vegas?
I'm thinking Branson. Can't you see it? The Diver Down theater perhaps?

Frazod
If DLR's voice was shot back in the 90s, why would I think it would be any better now?

I think I'll stick with the CDs I already have.

siberian khatru
11-06-2006, 10:27 AM
I'm thinking Branson. Can't you see it? The Diver Down theater perhaps?

Haha. Not to hijack the thread, but I've wondered how places like Branson are going to adapt to the graying Boomers.

Dartgod
11-06-2006, 10:29 AM
I saw VH(agar) here a couple of years ago at Kemper and honestly, aside from Sammy's energy on stage, the show sucked. Eddie was clearly drunk and it just wasn't the VH I remembered rocking to. I'll take a pass on this one.

ChiefaRoo

OMG!

Maybe he needed rent money. I hope the ghost of Curt Cobain comes back and haunts him.

4th and Long
Screw this noise. Drink more Cabo Wabo!
http://www.cabowabo.com/photos/cwe/sammy-bio.jpg

stevieray
11-06-2006, 10:30 AM

that rocked. I'd pay to see that, too.

ChiefButthurt
I once saw them in concert back in the day. They were playing with some group called Journey and Montrose. I got all their careers started. Props to me. :D

scott free
Are you certain of this? That's awesome, anyone who doesn't think that would be a good show, well, just go listen to how good they sounded on Meanwise Magic, written and released on the Greatest of discs - I for one would be happy to see them.

They were my 3rd concert ever, back in 82 - Shreveport. David was drunk as usual, and even Eddie sounded only halfway like himself; it was still a great show!

Exactly, Daves voice is NOT shot, those 2 songs on the greatest hits record were the best ones IMVHO. And i'm not worried if they look older, never thought they were cute to begin with, its about the music man.....

JimNasium
11-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Haha. Not to hijack the thread, but I've wondered how places like Branson are going to adapt to the graying Boomers.
The Rush "Moving Pictures" theater.
The Jethro Tull "Aqualung" theater.
The Steppenwolf "Born to be wild" theater.

Man, the possibilities are endless.

scott free
11-06-2006, 10:34 AM
15 years to late............nobody gives a rats ass now.

I would bet that you are very, very, VERY wrong.

4th and Long
11-06-2006, 10:35 AM
I would bet that you are very, very, VERY wrong.
You don't sound like an IMPARTIAL juror to me. :p

chagrin
11-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Is that thing still going on, the trial?

Redrum_69
11-06-2006, 10:37 AM
I cant wait to see Van Halen...headlining at Ameristar....

4th and Long
11-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Is that thing still going on, the trial?
No wonder you arent in the witness box yet.

ChiefButthurt
11-06-2006, 10:38 AM
I cant wait to see Van Halen...headlining at Ameristar....

Who's Mom are you taking?

Brock
11-06-2006, 10:39 AM
I saw VH(agar) here a couple of years ago at Kemper and honestly, aside from Sammy's energy on stage, the show sucked. Eddie was clearly drunk and it just wasn't the VH I remembered rocking to. I'll take a pass on this one.

Yes, that is true. I was sort of embarrassed for the guys in that band who actually showed up.

chagrin
11-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Who's Mom are you taking?

Probably yours, heh

Lonewolf Ed
11-06-2006, 10:40 AM

That was pretty cool, I thought. Dave wasn't acting like an ass, either, and it looked like he was having a great time. Good for him!

scott free
11-06-2006, 10:40 AM
You don't sound like an IMPARTIAL juror to me. :p

Guilty, Guilty, Guilty as charged...... :)

Pitt Gorilla
11-06-2006, 10:45 AM
I prefer Van Hagar but I'm most likely in the minority on this one.I agree. Van Hagar was easily the best lineup.

Bill Parcells
11-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Fair Warning is still one of my fav ''albums''??

Man I'm old :shake:

InChiefsHell
11-06-2006, 10:53 AM

Dear Lord!! WTF was he thinking??? :Lin:

InChiefsHell
11-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Fair Warning is still one of my fav ''albums''??

Man I'm old :shake:

Fear not, for I am right there whicha... :clap:

scott free
11-06-2006, 10:56 AM
It will be one of the 3 biggest concert box office takes of the summer. I would imagine they will take this very seriously and get in shape and not show up drunk as in the past. Like KISS they are looking for 1 more shot at the old glory, i have every reason to expect peel the paint from the walls performances. I first got this info from the Bob & Tom show this morning, then did a little google research. LA's #1 hard rock station KNAC was my secondary source because i knew that using Bob & Tom only would earn much scorn.

L.A. Chieffan
11-06-2006, 11:00 AM
this is BS. just like 10 years ago or whatever and they 'supposedly' got back together and then they didn't.
where's the link?

Bill Parcells
11-06-2006, 11:02 AM
this is BS. just like 10 years ago or whatever and they 'supposedly' got back together and then they didn't.
where's the link?
:shake: :shake:

Why did you have to go ruin Scotty's MOJO?? :shake: :p

InChiefsHell
11-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Here is the link:
http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=5070

I saw DLR on (of all things) the Fox News Channel, hawking another idea for a talk show that he wants to do. He looked...creepy. Kinda like a smiling skeleton...weird. He did mention that he'd love to get back together and tour with VH. This was like 6 months ago I think.

Having said all that...I'll go to this show hell or high water...I never got a chance to see him back in the day. Always wished I had. I'd go to this for sure.

Phobia
11-06-2006, 11:06 AM

Wow! He looks even more swishy now than he did with makeup, bitch hair, tights, and scarves - as if that's even possible.

scott free
11-06-2006, 11:07 AM
where's the link?

This COULD fall apart knowing these guys and considering the last meltdown. Go to the KNAC website, i dont "do" links. I'm just going to hope it cements itself.

L.A. Chieffan
you know what, if this is true ill be as happy as anyone and will try to get tickets.
but for some reason im not buying it

Fried Meat Ball!
Having seen DLR in concert during the DLR/Hagar tour... being a DLR fan of VH days I was stoked to see DLR. His half of the concert sucked BIG TIME. Hagar rocked my socks off.

I still prefer the DLR Van Halen songs, but given a choice between seeing Hagar vs. Roth in concert, I'll take Hagar every day and twice on Sundays.

I did get to see the Hagar/Van Halen reunion a couple of years ago it was awesome!

shaneo69

I thought it was Me Wise Magic?

stevieray
11-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Wow! He looks even more swishy now than he did with makeup, bitch hair, tights, and scarves - as if that's even possible.

that's funny, I thought he looked normal.

how much for your swishy cds?

stevieray
11-06-2006, 11:14 AM
I thought it was Me Wise Magic?

It is.

Phobia
11-06-2006, 11:14 AM
I dunno - make me an offer.

Phobia
11-06-2006, 11:15 AM
He looked like he should have been cutting hair instead of singing songs. You didn't get that vibe?

stevieray
I dunno - make me an offer.

what do you have?

shaneo69
Wait, has anyone told Eddie that DLR is planning to re-join the band?

I saw Van Hagar's reunion concert two or three years ago, and Eddie was awful on guitar. It was painful to listen to him play, which sucked, because from '88-'95, they were my favorite band.

I saw Sammy in concert this past July, and it was cool because he played 12 of his solo songs with the Waboritas as the opening set, then played 13 Van Hagar songs with Michael Anthony on bass as the main set.

I agree with whoever said that Van Hagar should never play DLR songs in concert. I heard an interview with Sammy about a month ago, and he said that he will reunite with Montrose for a 2007 tour.

Since Eddie's kid is supposedly playing bass on this reunion tour, I guess Michael Anthony will stay with Sammy?

stevieray
11-06-2006, 11:16 AM
He looked like he should have been cutting hair instead of singing songs. You didn't get that vibe?

nope.. dave's always been diggin on life.

Phobia
11-06-2006, 11:16 AM
what do you have?

Almost everything, I guess. I haven't even looked in 3 years.

ChiefsOne
11-06-2006, 11:17 AM

We (ad agency) do a lot of work for Branson theaters and I was asking one of the theater managers this a few months ago. She said that many of the 70s and 80s groups have been inquiring about opening a theater. They still want to play music, but hate touring, so this is the next option. She said over the next 5-10 years that this will be happening.

Phobia
11-06-2006, 11:17 AM
I can't believe I'm the only one who caught that.

morphius
11-06-2006, 11:19 AM
This COULD fall apart knowing these guys and considering the last meltdown.

Reason number two I really don't care. I'm guessing that Eddie is wanting to get another couple songs out of David for some CD and then will dump him as fast as possible.

Brock
11-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Since Eddie's kid is supposedly playing bass on this reunion tour, I guess Michael Anthony will stay with Sammy?

Last I heard, Anthony played this last tour on a salary, and was only welcome to play on that tour if he signed off on having his songwriting credits removed from most VH songs. So my guess is he's out.

stevieray
11-06-2006, 11:20 AM
I can't believe I'm the only one who caught that.

maybe you're swishy.

shaneo69
11-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Last I heard, Anthony played this last tour on a salary, and was only welcome to play on that tour if he signed off on having his songwriting credits removed from most VH songs. So my guess is he's out.

As much as I liked their music, the brothers must be total dickheads.

ChiefsOne
11-06-2006, 11:22 AM

Just shows what dicks the VH brothers are. I loved their music, both versions, but Eddie is a real prick.

scott free
11-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Reason number two I really don't care. I'm guessing that Eddie is wanting to get another couple songs out of David for some CD and then will dump him as fast as possible.

I actually havent heard anything about an album, but that was certainly the case last time out. I personally dont care if they release new material, i just want to hear the classics and the 2 off the last greatest hits record, Me Wise Magic & Cant Get This Stuff No More.

Phobia
11-06-2006, 11:26 AM
maybe you're swishy.

I'm pretty sure I'm not.

I really thought I was watching an episode of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

scott free
11-06-2006, 11:27 AM

Thats a really shitty thing to do to a founding member, Ed is a prick from all i've heard to. I feel the same about them as i do KISS, cant stand them in real life with their money grubbing ways but i've just GOTTA see them in concert.

stevieray
11-06-2006, 11:29 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm not.

I really thought I was watching an episode of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

I've never seen that show, swishey.

Phobia
11-06-2006, 11:30 AM
I've seen several episodes but I stopped watching when I started to catch the gay. It looks like DLR didn't recognize the symptoms.

morphius
11-06-2006, 11:32 AM
I actually havent heard anything about an album, but that was certainly the case last time out. I personally dont care if they release new material, i just want to hear the classics and the 2 off the last greatest hits record, Me Wise Magic & Cant Get This Stuff No More.
Wasn't a big fan of the Me Wise Magic song. Of course the thing I liked about the original VH stuff was that it still had sort of a raw sound to it.

Of course what the hell do I know, I dig hearing "Ice Cream Man" in the summer time, with the windows rolled down, moon roof open. Ahhh yeah.

scott free
11-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Wasn't a big fan of the Me Wise Magic song. Of course the thing I liked about the original VH stuff was that it still had sort of a raw sound to it.

Of course what the hell do I know, I dig hearing "Ice Cream Man" in the summer time, with the windows rolled down, moon roof open. Ahhh yeah.

Theres a damn good reason Spicolli blew his Brooke Shields reward $$$ to have them play his party. I hear ya, nothing says "Kick Ass Summertime" to me like old Van Halen!!!

BigRedChief
11-06-2006, 12:04 PM
maybe you're swishy.
No, but he's defintely lost his burst

scott free
11-06-2006, 12:10 PM
I agree. Van Hagar was easily the best lineup.

Negatory, join Jim in the minority internment camp... :)

Fried Meat Ball!
11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Keep ****ing doubting Gary Cherone!!!

Fried Meat Ball!
11-06-2006, 12:16 PM
That's my very first "keep ****ing doubting" post. PBJ

morphius
11-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Nuno made better music with Gary then Eddie did :p

scott free
11-06-2006, 12:17 PM

ROFL :LOL: LMAO :clap: :thumb: :bravo:

Garcia Bronco
11-06-2006, 12:23 PM
LMAO at this thread

scott free
11-06-2006, 12:27 PM
LMAO at this thread

Why is that GB??? Are you more of a Scissor Sisters or WHAM! kinda guy???

Garcia Bronco
11-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Why is that GB??? Are you more of a Scissor Sisters or WHAM! kinda guy!!!

It's just funny that's all....considering....in retrospect..the VH music though ED's playing technique was awesome the rest wasn't really all that good with DLR IMO. But hey...I was following the Dead in 94...so what do I know

scott free
11-06-2006, 12:46 PM
It's just funny that's all....considering....in retrospect..the VH music though ED's playing technique was awesome the rest wasn't really all that good with DLR IMO. But hey...I was following the Dead in 94...so what do I know

Man GB, not all that good huh??? To each there own, i dont bother getting into musical arguments because its just too subjective but to be honest i cant stand the Dead. Always thought it was more about the spectacle of the people & drugs at the shows.

Fried Meat Ball!
11-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Man GB, not all that good huh??? To each there own, i dont bother getting into musical arguments because its just too subjective but to be honest i cant stand the Dead. Always thought it was more about the spectacle of the people & drugs at the shows.
I agree 100 percent. I never could like the Dead.

Mr. Laz
11-06-2006, 01:02 PM
they may plan the tour ..... might even start the tour, but i wouldn't count on them finishing it.

the rest of the guys can't stand Roth

scott free
11-06-2006, 01:06 PM
they may plan the tour ..... might even start the tour, but i wouldn't count on them finishing it.

I would agree with that but i think they recognize the cash cow it could really be and like the Eagles tough it out for the $$$.

Stewie
11-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Doesn't this rumor show its face every year? I'll believe it when they're at Sandstone (or whatever they call it). 'Til then, "have you seen junior's grades?"

scott free
11-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Doesn't this rumor show its face every year. I'll believe it when they're at Sandstone (or whatever they call it). 'Til then, "have you seen junior's grades?"

This rumor hasnt reared its head for something like 11 years or whenever they did the MTV Awards, i believe it was 95'. They know that time is running out on them. They want 1 more huge tour and the corresponding $$$ and glory that will come with it.

Brock
11-06-2006, 01:22 PM
This rumor hasnt reared its head for something like 11 years or whenever they did the MTV Awards, i believe it was 95'. They know that time is running out on them. They want 1 more huge tour and the corresponding $$$ and glory that will come with it.

Actually, this has been attempted no fewer than 3 times over the past 10 years. It's eventually going to happen in any case.

Stewie
11-06-2006, 01:25 PM
This rumor hasnt reared its head for something like 11 years or whenever...

They were on Howard Stern's show a year or two ago talking about touring. That reunion lasted about three days before everyone was pissed off.

scott free
11-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Actually, this has been attempted no fewer than 3 times over the past 10 years. It's eventually going to happen in any case.

I havent heard of those, but i sure am glad they are finally getting serious. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Eddie almost died and VH of late has been a non-entity with a couple of fizzled albums and Dave was reduced to a lounge act & then his big radio gig tanked. They must finally realize that they need each other to re-constitute the legend.

Chiefnj
11-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Errrrrrrm, no thanks.

It's a tough call but I think Eddie actually looks worse:

http://fuseblog.typepad.com/fuseblog/2006/03/holy_sht_its_ed.html

morphius
11-06-2006, 01:39 PM
They were on Howard Stern's show a year or two ago talking about touring. That reunion lasted about three days before everyone was pissed off.
Yeah, I think that is when they brought Sammy back for a short time. Almost wonder if that wasn't to break up the "I hate Eddie" concert that Sammy and DLR had put together :D

scott free
11-06-2006, 01:49 PM
I did get to see DLR on the Skyscraper tour with Steve Vai & Billy Sheehan in Peoria Ill back in the day and it was awesome. Dave surfed across the top of the arena on a giant surfboard, the guys an incredible showman. Vai said "Hello Peoria" on his guitar and you could totally understand it, just a great show.

For the record my favorite VH album is VH2 with their debut album in a close 2nd.

Least favorite was Fair Warning.

BigRedChief
11-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Saw the Scopions in 1986 and then in 1998. Not a lot of difference. The singers voice was still there and they still rocked.

Saw Reo Speedwagon in 1985 and then 1999. Not the same at all. Crap.

Saw Motley Crue in 1991 and then in 2005. now those dudes still rocked the house. Fantastic concert.

Saw Green Day circa 1991 and then in 2005. 2005 version was much better.

Saw Ozzy Osbourne in 1983 and then at Ozzfest 2004. Voice was close but he's just got to old.

Saw Judas Prient in 1983 and then in 2002. They still rocked.

Saw AC/DC in 1986 and then in 2003 at Kemper. They still rocked but were more about playing the songs than showmanship. Not a bad thing I guess.

Saw Metallica at the monsters of Rock tour circa 1985 and then in 2003. Those dudes could still rock.

Probably a lot more but can't think of them right now. Probably the heavy drug use at those early concerts.

scott free
11-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Saw the Scopions in 1986 and then in 1998. Not a lot of difference. The singers voice was still there and they still rocked.

Saw Motley Crue in 1991 and then in 2005. now those dudes still rocked the house. Fantastic concert.

Saw Ozzy Osbourne in 1983 and then at Ozzfest 2004. Voice was close but he's just got to old.

Saw AC/DC in 1986 and then in 2003 at Kemper. They still rocked but were more about playing the songs than showmanship. Not a bad thing I guess.

Saw Metallica at the monsters of Rock tour circa 1985 and then in 2003. Those dudes could still rock.

Probably a lot more but can't think of them right now. Probably the heavy drug use at those early concerts.
Thats a great line-up, we could start a whole new thread about best concerts etc.

BigRedChief
11-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Thats a great line-up, we could start a whole new thread about best concerts etc.
From 1985 till 1990 if a popular or hard rock/metal band was touring I was there. Usually got back stage to meet them. A lot of fun.

chagrin
11-06-2006, 02:14 PM

HOLY SHIT! Eddie looks like hell on earth! Yes yes, I understand his ordeal, just wow though.

DJJasonp
11-06-2006, 02:15 PM
I know it's funny to laugh at Diamond Dave and Eddie's looks now....

But you know the trade-off.....lots and LOTS of beautiful women and booze.....takes its toll apparently....but a what a nice ride it must have been! I'm sure it still works for them...even in their current condition....so props to them.

Funny thing is though....you take a guy that looks like that and make him an accountant.....paying for sex would probably be their only option.

scott free
11-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Funny thing is though....you take a guy that looks like that and make him an accountant.....paying for sex would probably be their only option.

Yup, that goes for 3/4 of all music stars out there, some butt ugly mofo's but music has a way of disguising it to the chickadees.

Bob Dole
11-06-2006, 02:19 PM

He didn't look nearly that bad at his party on 9/30.

http://media.g4tv.com/gallery/7857_l.jpg

chagrin
11-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Yup, that goes for 3/4 of all music stars out there, some butt ugly mofo's but music has a way of disguising it to the chickadees.

See Marilyn Manson

scott free
11-06-2006, 02:23 PM
See Marilyn Manson

For sure...him & Joey Ramone might be the 2 best examples ever. Or Steven Tyler, he prolly couldnt even buy a hooker...ahhh man the list is endless.

BigRedChief
11-06-2006, 02:26 PM

I forgot Aerosmith. Saw them in 1986 or so and they sucked big time. Too ****ed up to perform correctly. Saw them in 1995 and they rocked the house.

Nzoner
11-06-2006, 05:46 PM
I've seen the original VH 3 times all in the early days with the best being in '78 when they opened for the original Black Sabbath at Municipal Auditorium and personally that's just the way I want to remember them,that show is still in my top 5 favs.

Nzoner
11-06-2006, 05:51 PM

Just my 2 cents but REO was at their performance peak in the late 70's before they released all that bubblegum "In Your Letter" shit.

Saw them in '77 at Royals Stadium and they rocked.

scott free
11-06-2006, 06:03 PM
I've seen the original VH 3 times all in the early days with the best being in '78 when they opened for the original Black Sabbath at Municipal Auditorium and personally that's just the way I want to remember them,that show is still in my top 5 favs.

I would prolly feel that way too if i'd gotten to see them in the day, but i will be jacked to see them now just the same.

A weird note about REO, when i was living there (Champaign/Urbana) as a young man i used to go "cop" from Gary Richraths ex-wife & play guitar with his kid once in awhile. His kid was like 12 or 13 at the time and could really rock.

scott free
11-06-2006, 06:17 PM
And 21 in this thread, there...(scott free sticks out his tongue at the "meanies")

grandllama
11-06-2006, 06:49 PM

Michael Anthony quit the band over it. He's hanging out in Cabo with Sammy.

So you may be getting DLR, but you won't have the 'Original' Van Halen... Wolfgang will be playing bass on this tour.

Frazod
11-06-2006, 07:08 PM

I remember hearing a story about them auditioning base players without telling him once. Anthony stayed with those pricks way too long. I'm sure he's much happier with Sammy.

And when I saw the current picture of Eddie, two words popped into my head - RUTH BUZZI. :spock:

ZepSinger
11-06-2006, 07:19 PM
The Rush "Moving Pictures" theater.
The Jethro Tull "Aqualung" theater.
The Steppenwolf "Born to be wild" theater.

Man, the possibilities are endless.

The 'Dream Theatre' theater.

memyselfI
11-06-2006, 07:23 PM
How long did this experiment last the last time they tried it? 19 hours? :hmmm:

I'd like to see it work but DLR has an enormous ego. Of course, last time I saw him he was almost bald and much heavier so perhaps that has humbled him a wee bit.

memyselfI
11-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Separated at birth???

http://media.travelgolf.com/tg_blog_media/david_lee_roth.jpg http://forum.surfermag.com/photopost/data/505/10367surf_troll.jpg

munkey
11-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Dear Lord!! WTF was he thinking??? :Lin:
ROFL ROFL

IMFG...

I'll pass.

KCBOSS1
11-06-2006, 07:37 PM
I have to weigh in here on this VH deal. I've been a huge fan since 1984. As a musician, I think that Eddie is the most innovative, creative, tasteful guitar player of all time. I'm not a big DLR fan and like Sammy better, but still. Eddie is the best ever.

munkey
11-06-2006, 07:58 PM

Saw AC/DC in 1986 and then in 2003 at Kemper. They still rocked but were more about playing the songs than showmanship. Not a bad thing I guess..

Lets see..

Saw Def Leppard and Billy Squire in 83 - Awesome

Rush and Golden Earing in 84 - Can't top it

Missing Persons in 87.....Not bad...to stoned to remember

Long lapse...You know how it goes.

2006 - KoRn - Great concert

2006 - NIN - Great concert

2006 - Red Hot Chili Peppers - WOW...Much better than I thought it would be.

2006 - Rob Zombie - All I can tell you is depending on the venue (which was small) was the best concert I've seen in ever. Not the blood and bulls&it I heard it could be here on the planet. So take it from me...DON'T MISS IT...That's if you like his music.

I'm not sure why but just decided this year f&ck it...I'm going to cath some shows....I'm glad I did.

The only one I regret missing was 311 in the same venue that Rob played....

KC2004
11-06-2006, 09:26 PM
*yawn*

Would of been cool 15 years ago but now......

Van Halen without Michael Anthony ='s crap

Dartgod
11-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Just my 2 cents but REO was at their performance peak in the late 70's before they released all that bubblegum "In Your Letter" shit.

Saw them in '77 at Royals Stadium and they rocked.
Was that the one with Little River Band and Santana? I was at that one. Ridin' The Storm Out during the thunderstorm was freaking awesome!

Rush and Golden Earing in 84 - Can't top it
I was at that one too. That was one of the last general admission concerts ever. I think it was a week later that some people were trampled and killed at a Who concert in Chbicago when there was a mad rush for GA seats.

KC2004
11-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Let me ask a question. I havent read the entire thread and I might be rehashing previous stuff but how can Ed's son playing bass even compare to Michaels playing or voice in back up vox?

Frazod
11-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Let me ask a question. I havent read the entire thread and I might be rehashing previous stuff but how can Ed's son playing bass even compare to Michaels playing or voice in back up vox?

Obviously, because he is EDDIE'S SON and a VAN HALEN, therefor he must be better than anybody else, including Anthony. Just ask Eddie, he'll tell you - assuming he'll condescend to acknowledge you or your question.

morphius
11-06-2006, 09:44 PM
2006 - Rob Zombie - All I can tell you is depending on the venue (which was small) was the best concert I've seen in ever. Not the blood and bulls&it I heard it could be here on the planet. So take it from me...DON'T MISS IT...That's if you like his music.

Saw him at Ozzfest a few years ago, and before that I wasn't a big fan of Rob's, but that guy just owned. It was miserably hot and he just brought it. Much bigger fan after that.

KC2004
11-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Obviously, because he is EDDIE'S SON and a VAN HALEN, therefor he must be better than anybody else, including Anthony. Just ask Eddie, he'll tell you - assuming he'll condescend to acknowledge you or your question.

Exactly ROFL

Nzoner
11-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Was that the one with Little River Band and Santana? I was at that one. Ridin' The Storm Out during the thunderstorm was freaking awesome!

REO was at a couple of Summerjams,I think you're getting a few shows crossed.Little River Band was at the '77 show with REO, Climax Blues Band,Head East,Black Oak and Nugent.

Santana as I recall was at the '79 one with Foreigner and Journey.

The storm show was '82,I have pics of it and without going to dig them out I'm thinking it was John Cougar,Heart and REO for the big names with REO headlining during that hellacious thunderstorm.

I know for a fact the 77 line-up is correct because I wasn't getting stoned yet,from '78 and on all bets are off.

Frazod
11-06-2006, 10:29 PM
I saw REO and Survivor in '89 or '90. Survivor was horrible (lead singer's voice SHOT) but REO rocked.

BigRedChief
11-06-2006, 10:29 PM
REO was at a couple of Summerjams,I think you're getting a few shows crossed.Little River Band was at the '77 show with REO, Climax Blues Band,Head East,Black Oak and Nugent.

The storm show was '82,I have pics of it and without going to dig them out I'm thinking it was John Cougar,Heart and REO for the big names with REO headlining during that hellacious thunderstorm.

I know for a fact the 77 line-up is correct because I wasn't getting stoned yet,from '78 and on all bets are off.
I went to 2 monsters of rock shows at Arrowhead in the mid 80's. One line up had...
Van Halen
Metallica
Dokken
John Cougar
Ted Nugent
and?

Then it was
REO
Journey
Styx
?

Or have I got those concerts mixed up?

Nzoner
11-06-2006, 10:33 PM
I went to 2 monsters of rock shows at Arrowhead in the mid 80's. One line up had...
Van Halen
Metallica
Dokken
John Cougar
Ted Nugent
and?

Then it was
REO
Journey
Styx
?

Or have I got those concerts mixed up?

Like I told Dart,my stoner days started in 78,if it was a multi-act show the odds of me getting every act right is little to none.

I don't ever recall the likes of Cougar and Nugent at a monster of rock though,I always remember those being on the heavier side of acts.

Guru
11-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Man, Farrah Fawcett's really gone downhill.

Those two posts just made my night. Thanks guys. I needed the laugh.

Garcia Bronco
11-06-2006, 10:36 PM

I also saw over 25 Phish Shows...

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Like I told Dart,my stoner days started in 78,if it was a multi-act show the odds of me getting every act right is little to none.

I don't ever recall the likes of Cougar and Nugent at a monster of rock though,I always remember those being on the heavier side of acts.

Defintly saw John Cougar at a Monsters of Rock show. He was the opening act. Hurt so good had just came out. He was actually really good. I think Nugent was with the REO version? But there is defintely a drug induced cloud around those memories.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 11:04 AM
So is Roth going to wear a wig because that scarf routine he is doing now is totally teh gay and isn't going to go over well.

Dartgod
11-07-2006, 11:57 AM

Obviously, my memory is clouded as well. I swear I saw a concert at Royals Stadium with Pat Travers, Little River Band, Sanatana and REO. However, after an extensive Google search, I see that Pat Travers, LRB, REO and Nugent appeared in '79. I DO NOT remember seeing Nugent, but that had to be the show. I know I saw Santana in the same venue, but i'm not finding much info.

But you say the REO thunderstorm show was in '82? I'm really confused now.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Defintly saw John Cougar at a Monsters of Rock show. He was the opening act. Hurt so good had just came out. He was actually really good. I think Nugent was with the REO version? But there is defintely a drug induced cloud around those memories.

Sorry, dude, you're remembering the wrong tour. Monsters of Rock in the US featured Kingdom Come, Dokken, Van Halen, Scorpions and Metallica. JC Mellancamp would most definitely NOT be on that tour.

There have been Monsters of Rock tours in the UK for almost 20 years and they feature much heavier bands than the 1988 US Monsters of Rock tour.

dtebbe
11-07-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by.....

I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by......

See now all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy!

I got puddin' pie, banana dixie cups

One of my all time favorite DLR tunes!

I saw VanHelen's For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour AKA FU*K and Haggar broght down the house. I liked them both ways, but DLR just had a flair that Sammy didn't.

DT

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Obviously, my memory is clouded as well. I swear I saw a concert at Royals Stadium with Pat Travers, Little River Band, Sanatana and REO. However, after an extensive Google search, I see that Pat Travers, LRB, REO and Nugent appeared in '79. I DO NOT remember seeing Nugent, but that had to be the show. I know I saw Santana in the same venue, but i'm not finding much info.

But you say the REO thunderstorm show was in '82? I'm really confused now.

John Cougar replaced Nugent at that show.

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Sorry, dude, you're remembering the wrong tour. Monsters of Rock in the US featured Kingdom Come, Dokken, Van Halen, Scorpions and Metallica. JC Mellancamp would most definitely NOT be on that tour.

There have been Monsters of Rock tours in the UK for almost 20 years and they feature much heavier bands than the 1988 US Monsters of Rock tour.

Thats it the drug induced fog clears.
A google search reveals a NY times review of the concert in 1989
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE3DA1E38F93AA15756C0A96E948260

KC-TBB
11-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah, but should Trent Green replace Damon Huard?

Dartgod
11-07-2006, 01:07 PM
John Cougar replaced Nugent at that show.I don't know. I've seen Cougar, but it wasn't until a few years ago at Sandstone. I would have bet big money that it was Santana, but I can't find anywhere that they played a stadium tour. They did apparently appear at Memorial Hall in KCK in 1978 and again in '80. I'm pretty sure I didn't see them there.

I just KNOW I saw Santana in the late '70s at Royals Stadium. I KNOW IT....

must have been some good drugs... :bong:

munkey
11-07-2006, 07:41 PM
I was at that one too. That was one of the last general admission concerts ever. I think it was a week later that some people were trampled and killed at a Who concert in Chbicago when there was a mad rush for GA seats.

That actually happened at the def leppard concert...That was scary.

Those were the days... :)

Nzoner
11-07-2006, 08:43 PM
I don't know. I've seen Cougar, but it wasn't until a few years ago at Sandstone. I would have bet big money that it was Santana, but I can't find anywhere that they played a stadium tour. They did apparently appear at Memorial Hall in KCK in 1978 and again in '80. I'm pretty sure I didn't see them there.

I just KNOW I saw Santana in the late '70s at Royals Stadium. I KNOW IT....

must have been some good drugs... :bong:

I've been doing some searching myself and I think I got this pieced together,there were two Summerjams in 1979 both at Arrowhead,I went to each. The first one had Missouri,Sammy Hagar,The Cars,Heart & Ted Nugent.

Summer Rock '79
Heart co-headlined with Ted Nugent.
Support acts were: Sammy Hagar,The Cars and Missouri
Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri
June 17th, 1979
$12.00

The second was headlined by REO and that was the thunderstorm show and Santana also played it.Remember the name Jay Ferguson(Thunder Island)?He was the opener.

I got the 82 Summerjam confused because my pics are in the rain,it stormed at that show too and featured Loverboy and Foreigner.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2006, 08:47 PM
$12.00[/b]

$12.00??? Wow....

I wonder if they will charge 1979 prices for the reunion tour??

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Rush will be touring next year also. One Rush show is worth 5 VH shows.

I skipped their last "Farewell" with Sammy-and I heard they totally sucked-since I have seen them several times back when they were still good-I will pass on the "Retirement Fund" show of 2007.

Dartgod
11-07-2006, 09:11 PM
I've been doing some searching myself and I think I got this pieced together,there were two Summerjams in 1979 both at Arrowhead,I went to each. The first one had Missouri,Sammy Hagar,The Cars,Heart & Ted Nugent.

Summer Rock '79
Heart co-headlined with Ted Nugent.
Support acts were: Sammy Hagar,The Cars and Missouri
Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri
June 17th, 1979
$12.00

The second was headlined by REO and that was the thunderstorm show and Santana also played it.Remember the name Jay Ferguson(Thunder Island)?He was the opener.

I got the 82 Summerjam confused because my pics are in the rain,it stormed at that show too and featured Loverboy and Foreigner.
We're getting closer, except the show I saw was definitely at Royals Stadium. Jay Ferguson sounds right, there was an act that was supposed to open or play early on, but they were scratched at the last moment. Pat Travers opened instead, followed by LRB, Santana and REO.

scott free
11-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Rush will be touring next year also. One Rush show is worth 5 VH shows.

HC, your devotion is admirable but you forgot to add the...IMO. I dont do musical arguments but dont even try to put your heroes above VH in a musicianship contest. Long, drawn out & overly intricate does not equal superiority.

Nzoner
11-07-2006, 09:14 PM

I'm finding numerous conflicting things on my google search but here's a link to supposedly all Santana gigs (http://www.santana.com/ontour/pasttours.asp)

It shows them playing KC Sept 1 and 2 of '79 and Aug 13th 1980,I know one of them was at Arrowhead but I'll be damned if I can find a summerjam show list.

And talk about conflicting,I found a site for Shawnee Mission school where someone remembers Led Zeppelin playing with REO in '79 at Arrowhead and another where a guy remembers the '77 Summerjam line-up being at Arrowhead in '79.

Guess we're all on drugs.

Dartgod
11-07-2006, 09:20 PM
AHA!!

I just dug out the ticket stub and it is for Sept 1, 1979 Summer Jam at Royals Stadium featuring REO Speedwagon. It doesn't list the rest of the bands.

But, I just looked on Santana's official web site, and they have a listing of all concerts they've ever played. There is a listing for Kansas City on Sept 1, 1979. It doesn't say where, but I would have to assume that it was the same Summer Jam concert.

I also came across a ticket stub from the Arrowhead Summer Jam in 1982 with REO, although I really don't recall seeing them there. :bong:

Nzoner
11-07-2006, 09:25 PM
We're getting closer, except the show I saw was definitely at Royals Stadium. Jay Ferguson sounds right, there was an act that was supposed to open or play early on, but they were scratched at the last moment. Pat Travers opened instead, followed by LRB, Santana and REO.

All I know is I didn't miss a Summerjam or Summer Rock from 1977 to 1982(except the Willie Nelson picnic)and I could've sworn the last Summerjam at Royals was '78 Van Halen,Eddie Money,Steve Miller and Kansas due to too much destruction and clean-up to get ready for the next Royals baseball game.From then on all shows were at Arrowhead.

Again,just my recollection.

Nzoner
11-07-2006, 09:27 PM
AHA!!

I just dug out the ticket stub and it is for Sept 1, 1979 Summer Jam at Royals Stadium featuring REO Speedwagon. It doesn't list the rest of the bands.

But, I just looked on Santana's official web site, and they have a listing of all concerts they've ever played. There is a listing for Kansas City on Sept 1, 1979. It doesn't say where, but I would have to assume that it was the same Summer Jam concert.

I also came across a ticket stub from the Arrowhead Summer Jam in 1982 with REO, although I really don't recall seeing them there. :bong:

heh,disregard my last post then.

Dartgod
11-07-2006, 09:28 PM
heh,disregard my last post then.
I'm just glad to know that I didn't kill every last brain cell that summer.

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 09:30 PM
I went to the Foreigner, Loverboy, Triumph, 38 Special and three other bands with them show.

Other one I went to was

Van Halen, Scorpions, Dokken, and three openers.

Nzoner
11-07-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm just glad to know that I didn't kill every last brain cell that summer.

I just got my ticket stubs out as well and there it is Sept 1st 1979 Royals stadium,that was the show we missed the first couple of acts because we made it to Camden Point and a buddy of mine asked,"wouldn't that be the shit if you forgot the tickets?"

I was so stoned when it hit me I swerved to the shoulder slammed on the brakes and began to laugh uncontrollaby.I had left the tickets at my house and after 10 minutes of laughter we turned around and headed back.

Lastly looking at my stubs here's yet another June 27th 1980 at Arrowhead The Doobie Brothers and Journey.

My '82 stub says Summerjam II with REO so the Loverboy/Foreigner I referred to above was the first of two that Summer

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Other one I went to was

Van Halen, Scorpions, Dokken, and three openers.
One of those openers was Metallica

So now its clear.

Reo, Heart and Ted Nugent was one

Scorpions, Van Halen, Metallica was the other

Still could swear that John Cougar was at one of those...

Nzoner
11-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Still could swear that John Cougar was at one of those...

You just filled in a blank for me after looking at my stubs,Cougar was at one of the two '82 Summerjams,I've got a pic of him I took and the caption I put was Hurts So Good which was right about the time American Fool had come out.

So the headliner was either REO or the Loverboy/Foreigner show.

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 09:56 PM
You just filled in a blank for me after looking at my stubs,Cougar was at one of the two '82 Summerjams,I've got a pic of him I took and the caption I put was Hurts So Good which was right about the time American Fool had come out.

So the headliner was either REO or the Loverboy/Foreigner show.

I don't remember the Loverboy show so it has to be the REO show.

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 10:14 PM
John Cougar was with REO-he filled in for Ted Nugent who broke his hand or something and cancled.

Jim Jones
11-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Might catch some flak for not putting this in the Media Center but i wanted to shout it from the peaks. They are working on putting together a 07' tour with DLR, and i could NOT be more excited, i'll sell my damn car to make to a show if i have to. FINALLY they seem to have put all the colossal egos aside and do what the fans have been asking for since they broke up.

Its gonna be awesome, i have never seen them in any incarnation but had no desire to see Sammy sing the songs that only Dave should belt. I never liked the Hagar years. But man am i HAPPY...YIPPEEEE!!!

http://brandon.fuller.name/photos/news/2004-08-15--Olympics.jpg

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 10:23 PM
The DLR reunion should have happened years ago-it is just too late now to be for anything but money.

scott free
11-08-2006, 05:19 AM
http://brandon.fuller.name/photos/news/2004-08-15--Olympics.jpg

That actually got a good chuckle outta me Mr.Kool-Aid, nice. But you couldnt be more wrong. Take a look at any of the major rock acts that have re-united KISS, Eagles, the list goes on. Its gonna be huge. Only the lesser acts that try it meet with apathy.

Go ahead & stay home, i'll be there.

plbrdude
11-08-2006, 05:58 AM

not that it's important but i remember summerjamm'78 at royals stadium.
seems to me performing were van halen, eddie money, steve miller band and kansas. quite the show.

splatbass
11-08-2006, 06:58 AM
not that it's important but i remember summerjamm'78 at royals stadium.
seems to me performing were van halen, eddie money, steve miller band and kansas. quite the show.

I was at that one. They were great, but DLR didn't know he was in Missouri. He said "Hello Kansas!".

splatbass
11-08-2006, 07:00 AM
I once saw them in concert back in the day. They were playing with some group called Journey and Montrose. I got all their careers started. Props to me. :D

I was at that one too, at Memorial Hall in KCK. It was post Hagar Montrose, with no singer.

morphius
11-08-2006, 07:07 AM

Man, I will never forget 77 and my first taste of freedom. There was just nothing like cruising the open sidewalk of the apartment complex in my brand new big wheel. Sure I was 4, but feelings like that a person never forgets.

Nzoner
11-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Man, I will never forget 77 and my first taste of freedom. There was just nothing like cruising the open sidewalk of the apartment complex in my brand new big wheel. Sure I was 4, but feelings like that a person never forgets.

Born To Be Wild :rockon:

Bill Parcells
11-08-2006, 07:20 AM
I saw Led Zepellin live at the spectrum in Philly in 77

4th and Long
11-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Dont have the time to read the whole thread but since Wolfgang is replacing Michael Anthony on the bass for this tour, it's not really an "original" VanHalen reunion.

Nzoner
11-08-2006, 07:28 AM
Dont have the time to read the whole thread but since Wolfgang is replacing Michael Anthony on the bass for this tour, it's not really an "original" VanHalen reunion.

OLD NEWS

Halfcan
11-08-2006, 10:45 AM
That actually got a good chuckle outta me Mr.Kool-Aid, nice. But you couldnt be more wrong. Take a look at any of the major rock acts that have re-united KISS, Eagles, the list goes on. Its gonna be huge. Only the lesser acts that try it meet with apathy.

Go ahead & stay home, i'll be there.

VH always kind of sucked live with DLR-yes he jumped around in spandex and did the sword thing-but he always sounded like total shit. Vh with Sammy had a much cleaner sound and vocals were always top notch. I liked Ed's early sound much better but he was so screwed up when I saw him, he played like crap.

If they put out another CD that would be different-but I am tired of all the Aerosmith's of the world.

BigRedChief
11-08-2006, 12:04 PM
but I am tired of all the Aerosmith's of the world.

What kind of crack is that? Whats wrong with Aerosmith?:hmmm:

Halfcan
11-08-2006, 12:13 PM
What kind of crack is that? Whats wrong with Aerosmith?:hmmm:

I meant bands that tour nonstop for years without having a new CD out. Aerosmith just toured on yet another Greatest hits offering. They have been through here like 5 times in the last 3 years with nothing new.

VH is way over the hill and should have called it a career after 5150 IMO.

I am still pissed about wasting my money on VH111-with Gary Cheron.

Halfcan
11-08-2006, 12:14 PM
I wonder if the Gary Cheron VH reunion will be next-that would be HUGE.

morphius
11-08-2006, 12:24 PM
I meant bands that tour nonstop for years without having a new CD out. Aerosmith just toured on yet another Greatest hits offering. They have been through here like 5 times in the last 3 years with nothing new.

So, somebody actually did by that CD.

BigRedChief
11-08-2006, 12:26 PM

I thought the Motley Crue concert rocked. They haven't put a new CD out in years. I'm really glad I went to that show.

Halfcan
11-08-2006, 12:29 PM
So, somebody actually did by that CD.

Yep :banghead: At least I got 50 cents of my $14.00 back from the meth head at the Pawnshop.

That was the WORST CD I have ever owned.

morphius
11-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Yep :banghead: At least I got 50 cents of my $14.00 back from the meth head at the Pawnshop.

That was the WORST CD I have ever owned.
I liked Extreme, I liked VH, but dear god the first song they released was so awful that I never even pondered purchasing that PoS.

Halfcan
11-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Yep I got Fire in the Hole allright-right in the poophole on that purchase.

Halfcan
11-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Eddy has already had his

Hip Replacement Tour
Divorce Tour
and now
his Retirement Tour.

That should just about do it.

morphius
11-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Yep I got Fire in the Hole allright-right in the poophole on that purchase.
I'm just surprised that they didn't make you give them a dollar to take it off your hands.

scott free
11-08-2006, 02:10 PM
VH always kind of sucked live with DLR-yes he jumped around in spandex and did the sword thing-but he always sounded like total shit.

Well i've never seen the old VH, but i did see DLR on the Skyscraper tour and he sounded AWESOME. On a side note, you seem to appreciate skilled musicianship, Vai & Sheehan were just incredible.

To me music is like chemistry, some concoctions work better than others & i think DLR's vocals & Ed's guitar were meant to be together. I like Sammy but not with VH. The music in his era with VH was too slick & commercial for my tastes.

I like the grittier & more raw style in general.