PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thanksgiving Night Game Question

recxjake
11-06-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm going home for Thanksgiving and my parents don't have nfl network. I told my dad to spend whatever it takes to get it, ill pay it back!... he called and the stupid cable company and they don't even offer it... it is under review! My question is, besides listening on kcfx... is there anyway to watch live t.v. over the internet? I remember last year someone had the game over a feed from their computer... will someone do that again? To make matters worse I doubt the sports bars are going to be open on Turkey day.

Basileus777
11-06-2006, 11:20 AM
DaFace broadcasts the games on Sopcast every week. Check here :

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=146977

DaFace
11-06-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm still amazed that this question is asked every couple weeks.

mac58
11-06-2006, 11:23 AM
find a friend or a bar with direct tv. . .most sports bars will have it. . .

StcChief
11-06-2006, 11:25 AM
assuming Sports bars are closed is just dumb with
game on TG night.

Hog Rider
11-06-2006, 11:26 AM
So, the Thanksgiving games are not Nationally broadcast this year?

Bob Dole
11-06-2006, 11:26 AM

They are.

It's just the late one is on the NFL Network.

Bob Dole
11-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Bob Dole's advice would be to feign illness and stay home to watch the game.

DaFace
11-06-2006, 11:27 AM

Not quite correct. The Thanksgiving NIGHT game is only being broadcast on the NFL Network. The other two games will be nationally broadcast as usual.

recxjake
11-06-2006, 11:28 AM
DaFace broadcasts the games on Sopcast every week. Check here :

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=146977

ahh that makes me feel much better, thanks.

recxjake
11-06-2006, 11:29 AM
assuming Sports bars are closed is just dumb with
game on TG night.

I thought everything was closed on Thanksgiving... I would sure hate to work that day.

ct
11-06-2006, 11:31 AM
I thought everything was closed on Thanksgiving... I would sure hate to work that day.

There will be plenty of drinking establishments still open, and likely some will have DirectTV and/or NFL Network.

DaFace
11-06-2006, 11:32 AM
The only warning I'll give is that my stream will be unmanned that game (I'll be at Arrowhead). If there are any problems with it, I won't be there to fix them.

Even so, I would imagine that there will be plenty of backup options available between our own "backup" stream and the streamers at http://streamednfl.blogspot.com/ .

recxjake
11-06-2006, 11:35 AM
The only warning I'll give is that my stream will be unmanned that game (I'll be at Arrowhead). If there are any problems with it, I won't be there to fix them.

Even so, I would imagine that there will be plenty of backup options available between our own "backup" stream and the streamers at http://streamednfl.blogspot.com/ .

so on sunday i just need to click the link and it will pop up? Does it have audio as well?

Lzen
11-06-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm going home for Thanksgiving and my parents don't have nfl network. I told my dad to spend whatever it takes to get it, ill pay it back!... he called and the stupid cable company and they don't even offer it... it is under review! My question is, besides listening on kcfx... is there anyway to watch live t.v. over the internet? I remember last year someone had the game over a feed from their computer... will someone do that again? To make matters worse I doubt the sports bars are going to be open on Turkey day.

Tell your parents to get satellite tv or they can just go f*&! themselves. :D

DMAC
11-06-2006, 11:36 AM
so on sunday i just need to click the link and it will pop up? Does it have audio as well?You have to download the Sopcast player.

Lzen
11-06-2006, 11:37 AM
P.S. Tell them you're buying a Toyota, too. :p

cdcox
11-06-2006, 11:38 AM
The NFL network is nationally televised, i.e., it is shown in every region of the country.

DMAC
11-06-2006, 11:39 AM
The NFL network is nationally televised, i.e., it is shown in every region of the country.Yeah, but cable doesn't offer it.

recxjake
Tell your parents to get satellite tv or they can just go f*&! themselves. :D

they are, but they are living in a condo right now until they house is finished! Terrible timing!

jab0450
I still dont quite understand. Ill be at the game, but my parents wont, and they cant miss the game. Will the game still be on the local channels or is it NFL network only.

AZORChiefFan
Some bars will be open that night since no one usually works the day after the turkey. People can drink like it's a Friday or Saturday.

AZORChiefFan
11-06-2006, 11:40 AM
I still dont quite understand. Ill be at the game, but my parents wont, and they cant miss the game. Will the game still be on the local channels or is it NFL network only.

Local channels in each teams area will carry the game.

Rain Man
11-06-2006, 11:43 AM
If you have trouble, recxjake, I can possibly model the game using my old electric football set and send you a film of it.

Otherwise, sports bars or sopcast are good.