PDA

View Full Version : Rumours abound...

Joe Seahawk
01-12-2001, 07:26 PM
http://patriots.rivals.com/default.asp?sid=490&p=2&stid=8091201

On XTRA it was discussed that the Patriots may be prepared to trade Bledsoe to the Seattle Seahawks in return for running back Ricky Watters and one of their first round picks. The Patriots would then take that first round pick, couple it with their own, and ship them off to San Diego (this is where XTRA comes in) in return for the Bolts' first round pick, the top pick in the draft. The Patriots then use that pick on Vick.

Is xtra always starting rumours ..or what?

Cannibal
01-12-2001, 07:44 PM
That would be just fuggin insane!

This offseason is quickly becoming a soap opera!

That would certainly spell the end of Mike Bishop.

I think we should trade for Mike Bishop by the way.

Logical
01-13-2001, 01:38 AM
Joe,

To your question on XTRA, it is not a very good source to believe in my opinion. It is Southern Cals big sports station and specializes in what I believe is fabricated rumours. They pick scenarios that have just enough credibility to seem real and occassionally they get a few right. Their percentage is low however. This is a staple of theirs as it creates controversy, gets callers, yet does not hurt their sports news departments credibility. Who knows it could happen.

KC Jones
01-13-2001, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Cannibal
That would be just fuggin insane!

This offseason is quickly becoming a soap opera!

That would certainly spell the end of Mike Bishop.

I think we should trade for Mike Bishop by the way.

No QBs with IQ under 75 please. He has a rocket arm, speed, happy feet, and no brains. He'd be a complete liability as a NFL QB. Although he would make a lot of highlight reels, he would lose games.

NaptownChief
01-13-2001, 10:24 AM
KC Jones,

I completely agree with you on that...There is a good reason why he fell so far in the draft despite being one of the most physically talented and there being very high demand for QB's that year (i.e. 5 1st round picks)

Cannibal
01-13-2001, 11:06 AM
Bishop lost only three games in college.

How do you know what his IQ is BTW?

Have you seen the results of his IQ Test?

He would make a QBotF candidate.

I gaurantee that he would win a helluva lot more games than he would lose.

[Edited by Cannibal on 01-13-2001 at 11:37 AM]

NaptownChief
01-13-2001, 12:27 PM
Cannibal,

I can tell you what I know and that is he didn't start out in Jr college because nobody recruited him...He was heavily recruited but he had to go JUCO cause he was something less than a brain surgeon...And he fell in the draft because of very poor interviews and wonderlick score that challenged Neil Smith's all time record of 2... I don't necessarily hold any one of those against a guy, because of certain circumstances any body I suppose could have a bad showing in any one of those areas but when all three areas agree with each other the probability of it being wrong is extremely low...

kcred
01-13-2001, 02:33 PM
Before you "trade" for Michael Bishop, why don't you campaign for Jonathan Beasley, in about the 5th round. A virtual clone, 2 yrs younger, and broke a lot of Bishops stats.

Cannibal
01-13-2001, 04:45 PM
Beasley can't compare to Bishop. Not nearly the arm, or athletic ability.

Raiderhader
01-13-2001, 06:21 PM
The reason Bishop fell in the draft is because of his last game in the Alamo Bowl. He went in there with a bad attitude (as did the whole team) and lost the game. But that can change with time. He just needs some maturing. I think he would make a great QOTF. He is not just an option QB, he has one heck of an arm. I also agree with Cannibal that Beasley is not Bishop. He is not as good a passer. With that exception he would probaly be a better QB than Bishop.

NaptownChief
01-13-2001, 07:13 PM
Hater,

I don't mean to be a a$$ but that game had little or nothing to do with his draft position...QB's draft position is always made at the combine when they get to go through the physical and mental ability of the player with a fine toothed comb...To give you a handful of examples that you will probably remember: Just a couple months before the draft a few years ago everyone thought Chad May of KSU or John Walsh of BYU would be the number one overall pick...They had bad combines and May ended a 5th rounder and Walsh a 7th rounder....An example of the other extreme was Jeff George, just a couple weeks before the Indy combine everyone had him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder...He went to the combine, loaded up that cannon and unleashed several balls over 70 yards and he immediately became the 1st pick in the draft...

If your theory about having a rotten Bowl game was that important then Deuce McCallister will fall into the 5th round after that turd of a performance he put up in the Music City Bowl...13 carries, 22 yards...

Raiderhader
01-14-2001, 04:04 PM
Jl, I was not merely talking about a bad game, I was talking about his attitude. He acted very immature, and therefore had a bad game. Don't get me wrong, I don't belive that game had everything to do with it, but I think it showed one of his big negatives. I think if he matures he will be one of the better QBs in the league. I know that option QBs don't normally make it in the NFL, but I think he will do alright because he is not just a runner, he has one heck of an arm.