PDA

View Full Version : Brand Name Recognition - For yesterday's win how much credit goes to...

JakeT
11-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Ty Law - That pass interference call was totally bogus, but right after the play Law was all over that ref and he threw the flag. I say there's a few corners in the league that could get that penalty called on Bruce and Law is one of them. At that point in the game the momentum had shifted and if the Rams kept that Drive alive and tied the game who knows what the impact would have been.

Ty's rep helped us out on this one. So sorry Jets fans he has definitely had some positive impacts for us.

StcChief
11-06-2006, 11:58 AM
It was was push off with out the flag.

I imagine Bruce and Holt were getting pissed by then...
The coverage and their lack of production was forcing a Loss in the making.

noa
11-06-2006, 12:01 PM
I have to tip my hat to Bruce. It was a tough call, but he didn't complain after the game. He is a true professional. Not like TJ Houshmandzadeh who threw his helmet on the field after an iffy no-call and cost his team 15 yards. I wish more receivers would learn from guys like Bruce, Holt, and Marvin Harrison (even though Harrison got a taunting penalty yesterday). They show up, do their jobs, and rarely complain to the public.

Basileus777
11-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Law got away with DPI there, but thats nothing new for Law. I remember how he got away with harrassing Bruce all night long in that Superbowl.

Stinger
11-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Ty Law - That pass interference call was totally bogus,

As opposed to some of the Defensive Pass interference that have been totaly bogus that have kept drives alive. It happens, it may not even out but it just so happens that it actually worked in our favor this year.

And yes I have nothing but the utmost respect for Bruce in the way he handles him self.

Phobia
11-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Bruce clearly pushed off. CBS never got a good camera angle and some of you took the commentary too seriously.

Bruce got his hand in Law's chest and very clearly extended the arm to assist in his cut. Textbook Offensive PI.

morphius
11-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Bruce clearly pushed off. CBS never got a good camera angle and some of you took the commentary too seriously.

Bruce got his hand in Law's chest and very clearly extended the arm to assist in his cut. Textbook Offensive PI.
Yup, same thing they have been calling all year long.

Mr. Laz
11-06-2006, 12:27 PM
well ... he needs to get us a few things cause he's cost us a few too.

in fact, considering our improved pass rush i would think both surtain and law have under-performed so far.

Gaz
11-06-2006, 09:10 PM
It looked to me like Bruce pushed off.

WRs do it all the time. It is remarkable when the Refs actually call it.

Did Law’s resumé have something to do with the flag actually being dropped?

I dunno.

xoxo~
Gaz
Believes it was PI, but did not find it more blatant than any other reception.

Halfcan
11-06-2006, 09:18 PM
I was there and saw the play personally, he PUSHED off. If Ty did not fall down after the push I don't think the ref would have flagged the play. But with him falling down and Bruce having 10 yards of separation-it was pretty obvious.

You stoopid Lambs fans bitch about the Refs when you GAVE us 17 points on turnovers???

The Lambs fans showed up late, booed their own team, and then left early-maybe you should suck it up and look elsewhere to throw blame around.

Halfcan
11-06-2006, 09:19 PM

You are exactly right!!!! Right in front of the Ref to boot-I mean the Refs are dumbasses but come on.

greg63
11-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Ty Law didn't win yesterday; the Chiefs did.

KCBOSS1
11-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Uuuhhhh, much to your shagrin, Ty Law is a Chief and He won too...just sayin

KCBOSS1
11-06-2006, 09:26 PM
I don't a rat's butt about all of the whining, we're better this year. period. We're better with him than without him.

KcMizzou
11-06-2006, 09:52 PM
So sorry Jets fans he has definitely had some positive impacts for us.Oddly enough, the Jets fans seem to have disappeared.

(Except for bill parcells... looks like we're stuck with him :p)

ChiefsCountry
11-06-2006, 10:02 PM
As a WR you are taught to push off. If you are good at it, you can get away with quite a bit.

KChiefs1
11-06-2006, 10:05 PM
the really good & experienced WR's always push the defender off them before the ball gets there...

greg63
11-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Uuuhhhh, much to your shagrin, Ty Law is a Chief and He won too...just sayin

Duh, ya think????

My point is that the win was a team effort; no one team member won the game all on their own...just sayin. :shake:

Basileus777
11-06-2006, 10:51 PM
As a WR you are taught to push off. If you are good at it, you can get away with quite a bit.

Or if you play for the Giants you can do it on every other play and never get called for it. Ask Plaxico Burress.

ChiefsCountry
11-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Or if you play for the Giants you can do it on every other play and never get called for it. Ask Plaxico Burress.

He is a tall lanky dude, I am built the same way. Did it all the time in HS, never got called for it.