PDA

View Full Version : Party on Chiefs

thedude
11-07-2006, 02:47 AM
Hello to everyone on this site. I hope this is the right place for a message like this, so if not scold me and send me to the right place.

Anyways, in my search for a place to enrich myself with the knowledge and the brotherhood of Chiefs fans, I feel that this place seems to have the most personality and activity and all that. As a displaced KC fan here in the East Bay of California, I am without regular Chief viewing so at first, I would peruse gameday threads to feel the pulse of the fans while watching the games on gamecast. Pathetic I know, but at least recently I have found satellite radio to be my fix, and some sports bars for bigger games that don't see TV. At first I was slightly perturbed at some of the abject negativity, but have since realized the chaos at the start of the season can be to blame. Now I feel that CP is the place for me.

Lastly, a bit about my Chiefs credentials and other assorted info. I moved to KC in 1990 at the age of 3, and have been a diehard Chiefs and Royals fan ever since. My family has been season ticket holders since 1991 I believe. My first memory of the Chiefs are from the 93 season, specifically the playoffs when we beat Pittsburgh, and Houston and then the heartbreaker against Buffalo. Moved here to CA in 95 and unfortunately have been to only two games since. :( Once in Seattle, in the late 90's where I think Kevin Lockett caught a fake punt from Louis Aguiar. The other was in Oakland in 95 and we won. Dont remember too much except some guy threatening to kick my ass at the tender age of 8. (Gotta love raider fans). Now as you may or may not have deduced, Im a 19 Year old, in community college a semester away from transfer. There is a good chance too many visits to this place could flunk me out though. :p

Thanks for hearing me out, and I hope to make my triumphant return someday to KC and revel in the glory of Chiefs Football with everyone!

PS It says I registered like in Feb, but I have no memory of this, but apparently I did. Im here now though.

carlos3652
11-07-2006, 02:49 AM
Welcome to CP!

|Zach|
11-07-2006, 02:50 AM
Welcome aboard...this is a dysfunctional wacky family but a community and family none the less.

Don't take folks too seriously and enjoy yourself.

Ari Chi3fs
11-07-2006, 02:54 AM
TheDude!!! Welcome to CP, man. Dont take us too seriously, but never doubt the mojo. Its powerful baby.

Anyong Bluth
11-07-2006, 03:06 AM
Well, chances are good someone will attempt to internet kick your ass if you disagree with them, at some point. Its an AFC WEST THING, though, the Donkeys and Chargers prefer if you put it in their ass vs kick it

|Zach|
11-07-2006, 03:09 AM
Well, chances are good someone will attempt to internet kick your ass if you disagree with them, at some point.
ROFL

This welcoming thread says a lot about Chiefs Planet.

big nasty kcnut
11-07-2006, 03:14 AM
Welcome aboard

philfree
11-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Welcome to the Planet. These guys are probably starved for a new victim so don't be shy just tell'em to bite off if they are insulting. They won't but you'll feel good about it.

PhilFree:arrow:
~just sittin in the corner watching the party~

KurtCobain
11-07-2006, 05:30 AM
wassup

chagrin
11-07-2006, 06:17 AM
Welcome, dude. Just so you know, I say "dude" alot - stay away from bob dole, he's trouble I tell ya, trouble

morphius
11-07-2006, 06:49 AM
Welcome to the Planet!

StcChief
11-07-2006, 06:55 AM
Welcome aboard. Stay alive in East Bay. worse than STL.

Inspector
11-07-2006, 07:10 AM
Welcome and sorry about your education getting ruined.

Someone should have warned you.

HemiEd
11-07-2006, 07:22 AM
East Bay? Isn't that Oakland?

Welcome, to the Planet!

Baconeater
11-07-2006, 07:30 AM
Welcome. How was your dump today?

Chief Faithful
11-07-2006, 07:33 AM
What are people out your way saying about the Monday night game? IMO the Raider's looked like an expansion team.

Mr. Kotter
11-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Good to have you at the Planet. Welcome.

(We can be a tough crowd here, but don't let that scare you off. :))

Dartgod
11-07-2006, 07:54 AM
[skip towne]Shut up, n00b![/skip towne]

Welcome to the Planet!

chagrin
11-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Dude, you actually live in Oakland? LMAO say hi to qt for us

Iowanian
11-07-2006, 09:49 AM
welcome.

please be gentle with my feelings as I'm very vulnerable.

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Where the heck have you been? You're 10 months behind on posts. Get a move-on.

Brock
11-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Whose side are you on? Huard or Green?

Braincase
11-07-2006, 09:54 AM
That's about as good a first post as I've seen.

Hey n00bs, thedude gets it.

Stick around, post when you can, and if you see Darth Raider, kick him in the nads for me. Then pee on him, laugh and walk away with a feeling of accomplishment. I know it felt good when I did it.

DMAC
11-07-2006, 09:55 AM
So tell me, what are your thoughts on coconut or peanut butter mixed with chocolate?

And what are your thoughts on "Cute Fat" women?

noa
11-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Welcome to the Planet. Do you know of any new ways to use anti-freeze?

Demonpenz
11-07-2006, 10:57 AM
chiefsplanet is drug free.

kchero
11-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Well, chances are good someone will attempt to internet kick your ass if you disagree with them, at some point. Its an AFC WEST THING, though, the Donkeys and Chargers prefer if you put it in their ass vs kick it

HAHAHAHAHA....welcome aboard brother.

Easy 6
11-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Powerful forces are already aligning against you..............

Nah, jus keeeeeding. My only advice is to make sure your ready to fight tooth n nail for any opinion that you post. Think twice before hitting submit.

underEJ
11-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Welcome aboard. Stay alive in East Bay. worse than STL.

Nonsense. First off, Pleasanton is far from the rough and tumble, and second, I've lived all over Oakland including living and parking on the street in East Oakland near the Coliseum with my chiefs stickers all over my car with no problem.

Went to most of the Chiefs games in Oakland during my years there and had a blast always fully in Chiefs colors, although my Raider fan friend once went to the stadium shop to buy a raider jersey just so people wouldn't think he was with me. I always laughed at the incognito Chiefs fans who weren't in red, but couldn't help cheering and giving away their presence. Chickens.

East Bay rules! CP has been pretty kind to me so far. I am new, too.

CosmicPal
11-07-2006, 12:52 PM
It says I registered like in Feb, but I have no memory of this, but apparently I did.

Sounds like most of my dates.

Welcome aboard, dude...

Coach
11-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Welcome aboard.

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the Planet!!

burt
11-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Welcome, n00b, welcome. I hope it wasn't one of MY negative posts that put you off. We are like brothers here, and sometimes brothers fight. GoChiefs is our autistic brother......

AZORChiefFan
11-07-2006, 01:43 PM
welcome n00b. Now get me a beer.

thedude
11-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcome. Its nice to see such a hospitable place. Now to answer some questions.

Welcome. How was your dump today?
I only woke up a few hours ago, give me some time and I will get back to you.

What are people out your way saying about the Monday night game?
Most of the ones I know accept it, and live with it. Stuff like that has been a franchise staple for the last decade or so. The bad ones are the 49ers fans, who still plot out the games and think they have a shot at the playoffs. Maybe merging the two teams will give you a decent team but until then I love living this close to Raider Nation.

Whose side are you on? Huard or Green?
Knew this one was coming, but its a tough question, I'd like to see Trent eased back into action, especially if we start blowing the Fins or the Raiders out. But this is entirely up to Herm, and hopefully he gets it right.

And what are your thoughts on "Cute Fat" women? I'd love to tell a story but no comment.
:)

Redrum_69
11-07-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm just interested in one thing....

Your mom...and how she was able to curl around me last night like a pretzel

DMAC
11-07-2006, 03:13 PM
I'd love to tell a story but no comment.
:)Oh, you misunderstood. I am not interested in stories by any means.

As you may have seen alot already:

"This thread is worthless without pics"