PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer kills himself after sex sting

chagrin
11-07-2006, 07:35 AM
Dude was going to be busted from those Dateline stings.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15592444/

Texas prosecutor kills himself after sex sting
County assistant district attorney commits suicide as police serve warrant

Updated: 3:28 p.m. ET Nov 6, 2006
TERRELL, Texas - A prosecutor killed himself as police tried to serve him with an arrest warrant alleging he solicited sex with a minor, authorities said.

Louis “Bill” Conradt Jr., 56, chief felony assistant district attorney for nearby Rockwall County and former district attorney in Kaufman County, died Sunday.

Police forced their way into Conradt’s Terrell home after hearing a gunshot when he refused to answer the door, a police spokesman said. The officers found Conradt with a self-inflicted gunshot wound and he later died at a hospital in Dallas, about 30 miles west of Terrell.

Police in the town of Murphy, in nearby Collin County, said Conradt solicited sex from a decoy posing online as a 13-year-old, said Murphy Police Sgt. Snow Robertson.

NBC News confirmed the sting operation involved "Dateline" and its "To Catch A Predator" series and issued the following statement:

NBC News' "Dateline" was in Texas reporting on its "To Catch A Predator" series in conjunction with online watchdog group Perverted Justice. In the midst of that effort, Rockwall County Assistant District Attorney Louis W. Conradt Jr. contacted a decoy from Perverted Justice who was posing as a 13-year-old boy. Local authorities launched an investigation into Conradt's online communications and went to his home with an arrest warrant. In the course of that investigation, Conradt committed suicide. There was no contact whatsoever between Conradt and "Dateline" at any point in the investigation.

Police said Conradt had not gone to the house but they believed he would.

Murphy Mayor Bret Bishop told the newspaper that he hopes his town won’t be used again as a trap for child predators.

“I think it’s a noble cause, but our police department is hired to serve and protect our citizens, and not to expose them to outside threats,” Bishop said.

Conradt was Kaufman County’s elected district attorney for more than two decades before resigning in 2002 to run for a judgeship. He lost and later took the Rockwall County job.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

jspchief
11-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Good.

Hopefully others will pick up on this solution.

KC Jones
11-07-2006, 07:38 AM
I wish this were all the rage with child molesters.

Robo-Chachi
Aside from worming this guy out, it sounds like Dateline wasn't really involved too much. Doesn't sound like he was ever on film or even knew it was a Dateline thing. It seems more of an issue with what Perverted Justice does.

ChiTown
Good.

Hopefully others will pick up on this solution.

[Enter the bleeding hearts who will find your solution appalling - I'm not one of them]

Brock
11-07-2006, 07:42 AM
2 for 1

Amnorix
11-07-2006, 07:42 AM
Yeah, somehow I'm not overwrought over this.

jspchief
11-07-2006, 07:43 AM
I wish this were all the rage with child molesters.Oh yea, the child molesters too.

Fairplay
11-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Reminds me how the prison warden on the Shawshank redemption went.

The police knocking on his door as he put a bullet to the head.

chagrin
11-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Aside from worming this guy out, it sounds like Dateline wasn't really involved too much. Doesn't sound like he was ever on film or even knew it was a Dateline thing. It seems more of an issue with what Perverted Justice does.

The article states they were working in conjunction with Dateline, still - I didn't post it to stick out Dateline, but I am pleased with their efforts, and perverted justice too. It's shocking to see exactly how many people, and from the different walks of life, seemingly have no education about sexual relationships, people or the most basic, and little bit of, respect for other humans.

jidar
11-07-2006, 08:03 AM
It's shocking to see exactly how many people, and from the different walks of life, seemingly have no education about sexual relationships, people or the most basic, and little bit of, respect for other humans.

I laughed at that because you have a Quagmire avatar.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Family Guy, but hey that's funny.

Lzen
11-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Hate to say it, but I'm not disappointed.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-07-2006, 08:05 AM
:clap:

Bwana
11-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Reminds me of the joke where the punch line is" "It's a good start."

chagrin
11-07-2006, 08:54 AM
I laughed at that because you have a Quagmire avatar.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Family Guy, but hey that's funny.

lol! Oh the irony

Iowanian
11-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Good for him....may this become all the rage with kid humpers.

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 09:30 AM
I figure that the baiting people probably have all the legalities worked out, but I must admit that I do have a fear that their acts may draw some people out who ordinarily would never act on their dark desires. I hope they're just getting the active trollers.

chagrin
11-07-2006, 09:40 AM
I figure that the baiting people probably have all the legalities worked out, but I must admit that I do have a fear that their acts may draw some people out who ordinarily would never act on their dark desires. I hope they're just getting the active trollers.

They go to chat rooms in specific groups with teens, and go from there. I don't see a problem with it, these guiys are driving up to 6 hours for the chance at banging out some 13 yr old, or getting a bj from a teen boy - fuggin sick

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 09:46 AM
They go to chat rooms in specific groups with teens, and go from there. I don't see a problem with it, these guiys are driving up to 6 hours for the chance at banging out some 13 yr old, or getting a bj from a teen boy - fuggin sick

Yeah, I figure there's no shortage of active pervs in the world. I just worry a bit that some reporter on a deadline is going to eventually be out there IMing people to try to bait them. I have no evidence that it's happened, but this is an issue where I imagine that enthusiasm to catch the pervs can possibly outweigh judgment.

And I recognize too that if someone takes the bait, they're still liable because they should know better. But if you've got adults on both ends, the baiter needs to act responsibly, too.

Demonpenz
11-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Sxykitty13:Dear Rainman I recieved that calculator you gave me. Thx a bunch the N'sync logo was a great touch LOL. Can you come over and and help me with my pre algebra? I have some loose ends you can work out! ROFL! p.s. Oh and bring your rolla degree I want to show my friends!

chagrin
11-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I figure there's no shortage of active pervs in the world. I just worry a bit that some reporter on a deadline is going to eventually be out there IMing people to try to bait them. I have no evidence that it's happened, but this is an issue where I imagine that enthusiasm to catch the pervs can possibly outweigh judgment.

And I recognize too that if someone takes the bait, they're still liable because they should know better. But if you've got adults on both ends, the baiter needs to act responsibly, too.

Oh sure, naturally some "investigative journalist" will cross the line for sure - I don't doubt that. I thought you were referring to the perverted justic folks. Just fight your inner demons Rain Man, heh

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Cool, now if we can just get that DA in the Duke case to blow his brains out.

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Sxykitty13:Dear Rainman I recieved that calculator you gave me. Thx a bunch the N'sync logo was a great touch LOL. Can you come over and and help me with my pre algebra? I have some loose ends you can work out! ROFL! p.s. Oh and bring your rolla degree I want to show my friends!

Okay.

Do you like gladiator movies?

chagrin
11-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Okay.

Do you like gladiator movies?

psst - it's "movies about Gladiators"

noa
11-07-2006, 10:28 AM
psst - it's "movies about Gladiators"

Joey, have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Joey, have you ever seen a grown man naked?

I would've gone with that one, but I figure that a few people wouldn't get the reference and would call the FBI.

Cochise
11-07-2006, 11:17 AM
This is a great opportunity for the government to reduce the national debt. Instead of waiting for these people to off themselves, make it so you can buy for $500 or so the opportunity to be sitting at the kitchen table in the house where this sting is with a shotgun. When the sex offendor comes in the door, you get to blast him yourself. People would be lined up around the block, society loses worthless people unworthy of life, the legal system isn't so bogged down. Who's the loser?

scott free
11-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Reminds me of the joke where the punch line is" "It's a good start."

.....What do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean.

As for chester the molester, i see it as saving the money it would have cost to imprison him for 5-10. For Gods sake he was a lawyer, i'm sure he could have afforded a hot ADULT f*ck, see you in hell William Munny.

Iowanian
11-07-2006, 11:20 AM
That may happen someday....these pervs' are all actively contacting percieved youth and are the first to bring up the acts in question...the logs are kept and printed.

Even if someone were trying to IM/Email or chat with me about that, under the guise of being a 12 year old boy.....It wouldn't happen, I couldn't be bribed, encouraged or coerced to engage in that discussion with a minor, let alone drive 6hrs to bone them....because I don't bone children.

You can't be goaded into that if its not something you do, or want to do.
period.

Iowanian
11-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Maybe in effort to reduce that national debt....people convicted of sex crimes against children should be auctioned off. "Auction 132.A will be for 10 minutes of ass kicking vs Chester. D. Molester on free internet webcam. The highest bidder of this auction will be flown to the location of incarceration and allowed 10 minutes of bare knuckle and footbashing of a genuine kid humper"

All proceeds go to future prossecution of sex crimes, training or therapy for abused children.

vailpass
11-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Cool, now if we can just get that DA in the Duke case to blow his brains out.

Word.

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Y'know, I'm looking at this story, and something's odd. The guy is a felony prosecutor, so he probably deals with the police constantly. As a non-prosecutor (I'm a judge, remember), it seems to me like perhaps the police could drop stuff off at his house once in a while, or at least it's not unfathomable that it could happen.

So why did he blow his brains out when the police knocked on his door?

I see three possible explanations:

1. He was a serial molester, and figured that if the police were there, they were there for that reason.

2. He was a one-time screwup who was wracked by guilt when the police came a-calling.

3. Someone at the police tipped him off that an arrest was headed his way.

I haven't been arrested before. When the police arrive, do they just knock, or do they actually yell, "Police! We have a warrant for your arrest!" That may make a difference to some extent, because if he wasn't expecting to be arrested, I'd think he'd just open the door and say, "Hi, Earl. Hi, Carl. What's up?"

Pitt Gorilla
11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
What would happen in one of these Dateline stories if some 15 year old kid claimed to be a 38 year old guy and went online chatting with someone claiming to be a 14 year-old-girl, who was actually someone from the Dateline camp? The kid is then invited to the "house" and shows up where there is no 14 year-old girl, but instead a bunch of older people pretending to be younger and ready for sex. I realize that proving any sort of "intent" would be difficult, but they would have lured a minor to a house for sex. That would be weird.

Frazod
11-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Reminds me how the prison warden on the Shawshank redemption went.

The police knocking on his door as he put a bullet to the head.

"His Judgment Cometh and That Right Soon" :bang: