PDA

View Full Version : Attn bird hunters!

penguinz
11-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Season Shot is made of tightly packed seasoning bound by a fully biodegradable food product. The seasoning is actually injected into the bird on impact seasoning the meat from the inside out. When the bird is cooked the seasoning pellets melt into the meat spreading the flavor to the entire bird. Forget worrying about shot breaking your teeth and start wondering about which flavor shot to use!

http://www.seasonshot.com/Home.cfm

jspchief
11-07-2006, 09:33 AM
holy shit...is this real?

penguinz
11-07-2006, 09:34 AM
yes

jspchief
11-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Looks to me like it's more of an idea than a product. Their FAQ section leaves a lot to be desired.

I question whether it will be effective. Ammunitions companies have been struggling to find viable alternatives to lead for years. Somehow I doubt this guy is going to be able come up with a food product that provides the punch that pheasant hunters require, yet still degrades into something edible.

penguinz
11-07-2006, 09:42 AM
They guy has been using it personally for over a year. I think the challenge it mass producing it and making it a reliable product.

booyaf2
11-07-2006, 09:43 AM
My sister was telling me about this a few weeks ago. Pretty interesting, but I have a hard time believing that seasoning will have the knockdown power of lead.

Gonzo
11-07-2006, 09:44 AM
You have to wonder what the impact is like, and would the velocity of the shot be as much as with lead or steel?

boogblaster
11-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Damn there went my brainstorm..guess I'll have to work on them flavored lures now..........

Fish
11-07-2006, 10:04 AM
This sounds silly to me.... no way shooting peppercorns is going to be as effective as lead or steel. I realize it's not peppercorns, but still....

Interesting idea.... but good luck convincing any halfway serious hunter to switch loads from tried and true lead or steel to a shell full of Mrs. Dash....

I remain very skeptical....

Duck Dog
11-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Hahaha. Dumbest f*c ki ng thing I've ever heard. I'd like to see them try and knock a honker down with that. ROFL