PDA

View Full Version : Wow... Our draft picks from 2003-present are looking really good...

carlos3652
11-07-2006, 01:04 PM
2003- (#=Round)
#1 LJ
#2 Kawika
#5 Jordan Black
#6 J. Wilkerson

2004-
#2b - Kris Wilson
#3 - K Fox
#4 - Sammie Parker
#4b - Jared Allen
#7 - Kevin Sampson

2005-
#1 - DJ
#2 - Patrick Surtain (trade)
#3 - D. Colquitt
#5 - Boomer G

2006-
#1 - Tamba Hali
#2 - B Pollard
#3 - B Croyle
#4 - H. Edwards (trade)
#6 - J Webb
#7 - J Page

Nice! Maybe the draft gods have punished Carl Peterson enough and will start helping him out...

carlos3652
11-07-2006, 01:06 PM
11 starters/ almost half the team...

JBucc
11-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Not bad for a team that supposedly sucks at drafting.

JimNasium
11-07-2006, 01:17 PM
We've been able to mine a ton of value out of mid to late round picks over the last several years. It's too bad guys like Sims and Junior didn't work out for us. Think how tough our D would be with a couple of monster tackles inside.

carlos3652
11-07-2006, 01:20 PM
We've been able to mine a ton of value out of mid to late round picks over the last several years. It's too bad guys like Sims and Junior didn't work out for us. Think how tough our D would be with a couple of monster tackles inside.

we did miss on those... but our drafts have been an upgrade from some of the ones we have had before...

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Not bad for a team that supposedly sucks at drafting.
And what changed? drum roll please.................
Director of player personal from King Carls stooge to the former GM from N.O.

Mecca
11-07-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure a couple of those guys could be considered good picks at this point........Samie Parker and Key Fox come to mind.

Parker for being crap and Fox for being in his 3rd year and still never getting on the field while being a first day pick.

Chief Faithful
11-07-2006, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure a couple of those guys could be considered good picks at this point........Samie Parker and Key Fox come to mind.

Parker for being crap and Fox for being in his 3rd year and still never getting on the field while being a first day pick.

Parker was a #4 pick and a starter in his second year. Currently he is a legit deep threat. That is good value at #4.

Fox may not be starting, but he is quality depth and good special teams. IMO he should be starting over Bell, but you are correct the jury is still out on Fox although very promising.

Anyong Bluth
11-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Fox did well last sunday and is a solid special teams guy- I don't think he's even close to a bust at this point.

SP is okay but he wasn't a high pick so he's doing about what should be expected

CupidStunt
11-07-2006, 01:49 PM

Stop looking at the f*cking negatives in EVERYTHING.

I get slated for being what I consider a realist, but I'm more than happy to indulge in all the good things the Chiefs are doing (or have done), and there's lot of them.

You look for and criticize the sh*t in every f'ing thread you enter.

Bob Dole
11-07-2006, 01:55 PM

Comedy gold.

Mecca
11-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Samie Parker starts on this team......how many others would he start on? Just because you start doesn't always make you a "good pick". He's a decent 4th round pick but shouldn't be a starting player.

And the thread header was "looking really good" that's why I mentioned them I don't think they look really good.

carlos3652
11-07-2006, 02:01 PM

Parker is our #2 WR and Key Fox is our #1 Back up Linebacker and st player...

carlos3652
11-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Samie Parker starts on this team......how many others would he start on? Just because you start doesn't always make you a "good pick". He's a decent 4th round pick but shouldn't be a starting player.

And the thread header was "looking really good" that's why I mentioned them I don't think they look really good.

SP would be a slot or #4 on a good WR team... (good enough value for a #4 daft pick...)

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 02:09 PM
I would not call Jordan Black a good pick.

KurtCobain
11-07-2006, 02:11 PM

I wouldn't either.

Bob Dole
11-07-2006, 02:11 PM

The NFL draft is a total crapshoot. If a team can get 2-3 starters out of any given draft--and do it in consecutive years--it's certainly enough to call it "really good". Especially relative to what KC has been getting out of the draft.

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 03:03 PM

He's a 5th-round pick who's starting. What do you expect out of a 5th-round pick?

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 03:05 PM

It makes me want to cry to even think about it.

Can we go back and be sure that we didn't write "Henderson" instead of "Sims" on that little piece of paper? If you aren't looking closely, you could easily mistake the two words.

DJ's left nut
11-07-2006, 03:08 PM

Y'know, for as much crap as Black gets, he's made great strides over the last 6 weeks. His improvement is a big reason why we've been able to send Gonzo out into the pattern more and get our offense clicking again.

He's a 5th rounder starting at the hardest position on the line for a team that has won 5 of 6.

I hated the guy, but I'll give credit where it's due, he's earned his keep recently.

Iowanian
11-07-2006, 03:11 PM

he's definitely no Mike Williams. Ur AND IDEUT.

Chief Faithful
11-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Y'know, for as much crap as Black gets, he's made great strides over the last 6 weeks. His improvement is a big reason why we've been able to send Gonzo out into the pattern more and get our offense clicking again.

He's a 5th rounder starting at the hardest position on the line for a team that has won 5 of 6.

I hated the guy, but I'll give credit where it's due, he's earned his keep recently.

Absolutely, Black has developed into the best LT on the roster. He may not be Roaf, but after watching the "can't miss" Gallery last night I'm pleased with Black's development.

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Lets be totally unfair to King Carl and see who he passed up to get Sims and Freeman in the 1st and 2nd rounds.
Ryan Sims
Chiefs
DT
North Carolina
Bryant McKinnie
Vikings
T
Miami (FL)

Roy Williams
Cowboys
DB
Oklahoma

John Henderson
Jaguars
DT
Tennessee

Levi Jones
Bengals
T
Arizona State

Dwight Freeney
Colts
DE
Syracuse

Wendell Bryant
Cardinals
DT
Wisconsin

Donte Stallworth
Saints
WR
Tennessee
Jeremy Shockey
Giants
TE
Miami (FL)

Albert Haynesworth
Titans
DT
Tennessee
William Green
Browns
RB
Boston College

Phillip Buchanon
Raiders
DB
Miami (FL)

T.J. Duckett
Falcons
RB
Michigan State

Ashley Lelie
Broncos
WR
Hawaii
Javon Walker
Packers
WR
Florida State

Dan Graham
Patriots
TE
Colorado

Bryan Thomas
Jets
DE
Alabama-Birmingham

Napoleon Harris
Raiders
LB
Northwestern

Edward Reed
Ravens
DB
Miami (FL)
Charles Grant
Saints
DE
Georgia
Lito Sheppard
Eagles
DB
Florida

Mike Rumph
49ers
DB
Miami (FL)

Jerramy Stevens
Seahawks
TE
Washington

Marc Colombo
Bears
T
Boston College

Kendall Simmons
Steelers
G
Auburn
Robert Thomas
Rams
LB
UCLA

Patrick Ramsey
Redskins
QB
Tulane
Jabar Gaffney
Texans
WR
Florida
DeShaun Foster
Panthers
RB
UCLA

Kalimba Edwards
Lions
DE
South Carolina
Josh Reed
Bills
WR
Louisiana State

Andre Gurode
Cowboys
G
Colorado
Raonall Smith
Vikings
LB
Washington State

Toniu Fonoti
Chargers
G
Nebraska
Mike Pearson
Jaguars
T
Florida

Eddie Freeman
Chiefs
DT
Alabama-Birmingham
Tank Williams
Titans
DB
Stanford

Clinton Portis
Broncos
RB
Miami (FL)

Anthony Weaver
Ravens
DE
Notre Dame

Antwaan Randle El
Steelers
WR
Indiana
Antonio Bryant
Cowboys
WR
Pittsburgh

Deion Branch
Patriots
WR
Louisville

Mecca
11-07-2006, 03:20 PM
he's definitely no Mike Williams. Ur AND IDEUT.

That has 0 to do with this..........Show me where Parker and Williams have shit to do with each other.

HemiEd
11-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Parker for being crap

We cut Crap.

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 04:16 PM

Agreed. He's gone from whipping boy to ... boy. Or something. Anyway, I've been pleased with his play the last couple of weeks, and I'm very happy to say that.

carlos3652
11-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Lets be totally unfair to King Carl and see who he passed up to get Sims and Freeman in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Wasnt that 2002? You could say that prior to 2003 we were REALLY BAD at draft picks...

Listen, Im not saying the Chiefs are drafting gods by any means... but in the last 4 drafts they have really produced...

RINGLEADER
11-07-2006, 04:34 PM
I'd consider Samie a good pick. By the fourth round just finding a starter who's adequate is pretty good. Now I wouldn't say Samie is a good player, but he's a good pick and was worth the risk -- just wish we'd gotten more from him.

RINGLEADER
11-07-2006, 04:36 PM
I'd say seven pro bowlers or future pro bowlers (LJ, Kawika, Jared, DJ, Surtain, Colquitt, and Hali) ain't too bad...

Chief Henry
11-07-2006, 04:38 PM

rep

Deberg_1990
11-07-2006, 04:44 PM
I wouldnt even bother mentioning Pollard, Page or Webb yet.....way too early to tell if they are going to pan out yet. Just havent seen enough of them yet....

carlos3652
11-07-2006, 04:46 PM
I wouldnt even bother mentioning Pollard, Page or Webb yet.....way too early to tell if they are going to pan out yet. Just havent seen enough of them yet....

Only reason I mentioned the safties were because they are seeing ST and a little playing time... I shouldnt mention anyone on 2006 other than Hali...

But still, they look promising...

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 04:47 PM
rep

Please note that I agreed with him.

the Talking Can
11-07-2006, 04:56 PM
He's a 5th-round pick who's starting. What do you expect out of a 5th-round pick?

that he not be mistaken for a highway...