PDA

View Full Version : LET THE CONTROVERSY BEGIN

Zman
11-07-2006, 02:33 PM
This just hit the Kansas City Star

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/15951883.htm

Mecca
11-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Ugh.......I still think Herm goes with Trent.

Count Alex's Losses
11-07-2006, 02:35 PM
I said this the other day. As long as Huard keeps playing well and winning games, Green's injury clearance is going to continue to be pushed back.

4th and Long
11-07-2006, 02:36 PM
I said this the other day. As long as Huard keeps playing well and winning games, Green's injury clearance is going to continue to be pushed back.
Spot on.

the Talking Can
11-07-2006, 02:38 PM
disgusting....I guess Trent has never won a game before...thanks for nothing Trent....

Zman
11-07-2006, 02:40 PM
If it does happen I think there will be a quick hook if things start to go bad.

4th and Long
11-07-2006, 02:40 PM
disgusting....I guess Trent has never won a game before...thanks for nothing Trent....
Look at it from a coaching standpoint.

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

morphius
11-07-2006, 02:42 PM
This was all from an interview last week, nothing really new in there at all.

CHENZ A!
It's a close vote so far.

KC QB election day (http://forums.kansascity.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-kcsports&msg=77287.1&ctx=1)

stevieray
like luz said, a QB controversy is good for the media, and bad for the team.

Redrum_69
11-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Wow...Thats all I can say.

Green should be put back in, only because he has chemistry with the team since he got here...Huard is just in the spot until Green has recovered.

Zman
11-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Remember Elvis & Rich and how Marty was so Stubborn

Crashride
11-07-2006, 02:46 PM
GOOD READ. I should say good to hear

4th and Long
11-07-2006, 02:49 PM
This was all from an interview last week, nothing really new in there at all.
Actually, I believe it was from today's press conference. Sounds a lot like what he said today.

Dartgod
11-07-2006, 02:51 PM
It was from today's press conference. I listened to it and all of Herm's quotes are from today.

JimNasium
11-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Now it's a controversy. Fuggen Herm. :shake:

Redrum_69
11-07-2006, 02:54 PM
SO when Huard gets hurt or falls from the perfect grace that everyone has put him on, then lets put in Croyle. Then when Croyle starts producing, we'll not even think of Huard.

I remember alot of bandwagoneers on the board wanting to bench/trade Huard because everyone thought he was trade material at best and not able to play like Green.

Redrum_69
11-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Case in point....do a seach on Damon Huard on the planet and you find such lovely threads like this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=144323&highlight=damon+huard

4th and Long
11-07-2006, 02:58 PM
It was from today's press conference. I listened to it and all of Herm's quotes are from today.
I JUST SAID THAT, DAMNIT!!! :p

JimNasium
11-07-2006, 02:59 PM
SO when Huard gets hurt or falls from the perfect grace that everyone has put him on, then lets put in Croyle. Then when Croyle starts producing, we'll not even think of Huard.

I remember alot of bandwagoneers on the board wanting to bench/trade Huard because everyone thought he was trade material at best and not able to play like Green.
Welcome to FicklePlanet. Your mother came off the bench last night and led a 4th quarter rally that left me breathless. She's an unrestricted free agent now but I don't think anyone else is brave enough to sign her.

InChiefsHell
This sucks. I'd really hate to see that happen to Trent. Here's a scenario for you...we miraculously make the playoffs and go on to the SB...we win...Trent gets yet another ring that he didn't do anything to earn...

...don't get me wrong, I'd take that, but it would suck for Trent. He's 36, I mean how much longer would he be here anyway? This season may very well have been his last chance and his luck ran out in week 1. Just doesn't seem fair.

Scaga
Man....do I love football season! :clap:

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 03:01 PM
When both Trent and the coaches think he's ready he'll be our starter.

Let's face it, Trent has a big challenge as far as being in sync with the offense. Even though he is healthy doesn't mean he is 100% ready to run the offense. Damon has been in the mix and has proved to be up for the job. He's our best chance to win, and that's all that matters. This is not about Trent, it's about what's best for this team.

I love Trent, but Damon should remain our QB.

InChiefsHell
11-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Ironically, Trent has his mentor, DV to thank for this. 4 seasons wasting the best damn O in the game since we never had a fuggin defense. Green's got to be feeling a little bitter these days...

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Green should start against Oakland. If we lose this week to the Fins-all the Damon Huard for MVP talk will die out pretty quick.

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 03:05 PM
This sucks. I'd really hate to see that happen to Trent. Here's a scenario for you...we miraculously make the playoffs and go on to the SB...we win...Trent gets yet another ring that he didn't do anything to earn...

...don't get me wrong, I'd take that, but it would suck for Trent. He's 36, I mean how much longer would he be here anyway? This season may very well have been his last chance and his luck ran out in week 1. Just doesn't seem fair.

Trent is still a big reason why this team is where it is. He may not be playing, but his leadership is still apparent. He will have earned the ring no matter if he plays or not. You just don't discount 5 years of service as nothing.

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Funny how the media has missed Trents last few years of being an Excellent QB?? Huard plays a few games and Dr. Z has him in the HOF.

Count Alex's Losses
11-07-2006, 03:07 PM

As Posnanski said, the NFL isn't fair. It happens.

KCChiefsFan88
11-07-2006, 03:08 PM
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

Free Trent Green

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 03:10 PM
WTF? Why would he do this? He knows a QB conflict and a divided locker room is not good. So why is he doing this? Did Trent lose the players in the locker room?

Iowanian
11-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Shouldn't you be over on the StLoser board, bashing Chief fans and Kansas City?

When both Trent and the coaches think he's ready he'll be our starter.
This is not about Trent, it's about what's best for this team.

I love Trent, but Damon should remain our QB.

Green has been an effective QB and a team leader.....I know huard has played better but this is a retarded conversation.

Green should be the starter the day he's cleared and shows he can make the throws in practice.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 03:12 PM
WTF? Why would he do this? He knows a QB conflict and a divided locker room is not good. So why is he doing this? Did Trent lose the players in the locker room?

Nope.

Herm is playing the media. He's an attention whore.

Redrum_69
11-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Your mother came off the bench last night and led a 4th quarter rally that left me breathless. She's an unrestricted free agent now but I don't think anyone else is brave enough to sign her.

Damn, that is impressive. Maybe my mom could take some pointers from your mom. Since everyone knows the story of how your mom handled the pressure of being the starting mufftackle in the Toilet Bowl last week. Your mom even signed my game balls before she performed in the Gloryhole Bowl.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 03:15 PM
As Posnanski said, the NFL isn't fair. It happens.

The NFL isn't fair.

It's also not really a fraternity of mature adults either.

Giving Huard the starting job sends a very bad message to the rest of the team, whether you want to admit or not.

Count Alex's Losses
11-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Giving Huard the starting job sends a very bad message to the rest of the team, whether you want to admit or not.

Really?

They all seem to have no problem with Huard being the starter. He has the team's confidence.

4th and Long
11-07-2006, 03:17 PM
The NFL isn't fair.

It's also not really a fraternity of mature adults either.

I'm sure Kurt Warner, Superbowl MVP would agree with you. Errrrrrr ...

JimNasium
11-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Damn, that is impressive. Maybe my mom could take some pointers from your mom. Since everyone knows the story of how your mom handled the pressure of being the starting mufftackle in the Toilet Bowl last week. Your mom even signed my game balls before she performed in the Gloryhole Bowl.
Trust me, your mom doesn't need any coaching. She plays all positions equally well but she's a natural center. The only position she no longer qualifies for is tight end. I ruined that for her last night.

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 03:18 PM

Probably to put a carrot in front of Huard to keep him playing well-keep him focused with the posibility of keeping his starting position.

OR

Its because Herm is a dumbazz that talks so much he doesn't even listen to half the shit that comes out of his own mouth.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Trust me, your mom doesn't need any coaching. She plays all positions equally well but she's a natural center. The only position she no longer qualifies for is tight end. I ruined that for her last night.

ROFL

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Really?

They all seem to have no problem with Huard being the starter. He has the team's confidence.

They have no problem with Huard being the starter as long as Trent's health is IN QUESTION.

Once he's healthy, it's a different story.

Bench Trent, especially after guys like Hicks and McCleon got free passes for YEARS, and you've just told every person in that locker room that you have no backbone and you'll sell out anybody to get whatever short-term gain you think you can get.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm sure Kurt Warner, Superbowl MVP would agree with you. Errrrrrr ...

I'm sure you remember that Kurt Warner replaced a QB who was INJURED IN PRESEASON and had ZERO CHANCE OF RETURNING.

Thanks for playing. Try again.

Hog Farmer
11-07-2006, 03:20 PM

Now that was good!ROFL

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 03:21 PM
They have no problem with Huard being the starter as long as Trent's health is IN QUESTION.

Once he's healthy, it's a different story.

Bench Trent, especially after guys like Hicks and McCleon got free passes for YEARS, and you've just told every person in that locker room that you have no backbone and you'll sell out anybody to get whatever short-term gain you think you can get.

Those free passes were under DV not Herm.

Dartgod
11-07-2006, 03:22 PM
WTF? Why would he do this? He knows a QB conflict and a divided locker room is not good. So why is he doing this? Did Trent lose the players in the locker room?I'm going to have to read the transcript of the press conference, but it seemed to me while I was listening, that the media was bombarding Herm with "QB controversy" questions and Herm was just trying to deflect, saying that right now Huard is the starter and he'll deal with the decision when he has too. It was pretty bad from the media. King Carl finally had to step in and tell them to move on and get off the controversy subject.

I think this is being way overblown by the Kansas City press (big surprise :rolleyes: ).

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Shouldn't you be over on the StLoser board, bashing Chief fans and Kansas City?

Green has been an effective QB and a team leader.....I know huard has played better but this is a retarded conversation.

Green should be the starter the day he's cleared and shows he can make the throws in practice.

Herm's job is put the team in the best position to win. If putting Trent in does that then he'll make that call. Putting Trent back in on the basis of principal rather what is best for the team is retarded.

Trent coming back from a concussion and playing as good as before is nothing short of miraculous. It's a gamble that Herm does not have to make b/c of Huard.

4th and Long
11-07-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm sure you remember that Kurt Warner replaced a QB who was INJURED IN PRESEASON and had ZERO CHANCE OF RETURNING.

Thanks for playing. Try again.
Ok, I will.
Since when is, "We want to stick with what's working and continue to win games." a bad message?

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Those free passes were under DV not Herm.

And the guys that waited patiently for DV to leave? You think they're going to appreciate the new coach, who PRIDES himself on being "no-nonsense", playing similar kinds of head games?

InChiefsHell
11-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Damon has done well imitating Trent, but in the end, HE IS NOT TRENT!! THe players have got to know this. No way are they all doubting Trent's ability, they hopefully trust that Trent would not come back unless he himself really felt he could do it. THis shit is all superstition and not fact. WHEN TRENT IS HEALTHY, HE SHOULD START!!

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Ok, I will.

Since when is, "We want to stick with what's working and continue to win games." a bad message?

If sticking with Huard is the guaranteed difference between winning and losing, then you might have a point.

It isn't.

I'll keep saying it. Huard hasn't done anything that Trent can't, or hasn't, done. There's no reason to bench the starter unless the backup brings something to the table that the starter doesn't.

DT_#58
11-07-2006, 03:28 PM
As soon as Trent is cleared and shows in practice he is ready to go there shouldn't be any doubt that he will be the starter. Now, if he struggles in his return in the first couple of games , then it will make it easier to pull a quick hook in favor of Huard.

Redrum_69
11-07-2006, 03:30 PM

Ha, we'll have to bench your mom for being repeatedly flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. The opposing team wasnít even done warming up with your wife when your mom joined in and ďfluffedĒ her way through the practice squad.

Dartgod
11-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Here it is. It really got ridiculous, especially when someone asked if he was waffling on his decision. Personally, I like how Herm is handling this.Q: I donít want to beat a dead horse, but the longer this quarterback (Huard) plays and plays well does it make it a little more difficult decision for you to go back to Trent (Green)?
EDWARDS: ďI think what you understand is the one thing you can never count out is chemistry on your football team. Thatís very important and I know that. Iím a former football player and a coach and I understand thereís a certain chemistry that you have. Youíve got to make sure when you make changesÖcertain positions (are) not as hard.
ďQuarterback position? Why? Because when you go to a great orchestra thereís a conductor. Youíve all those fine people playing those instruments but the conductorís the conductor and thatís why that position is so special in our league. Heís the quarterback.
ďYouíve got to make sure that when you make decisions like this Ė and Iíve had to make decisions like this before in New York Ė youíve gotta know the chemistry of your football team. As you keep winning it becomes even more to talk about. If we were the other way at 3-5 we wouldnít be talking about this. Weíd be saying when is (Green) coming back. But now weíre winning and theyíre saying what are you going to do when he comes back? Thatís OK. Thatís a good problem to have. But at the end the decision Iíll make is (predicated) on the chemistry of this football team.
ďDoes it affect it? Does it help it more? Does it add drama? Yeah, itís going to draw drama every week if we continue to win and Damon continues to play well. I want him to keep playing well and I want him to keep winning because thatís important. That was his job when he came in. It was to help us win games and heís done that and the team has rallied around him.Ē

Q: So is Trent still the guy when he comes back?
EDWARDS: ďAt this point, I donít have to make that decision. But Iíll make the decision. Itíll be a decision Iíll make.Ē

Q: So youíre kind of waffling then?
EDWARDS: ďNo, Iím not waffling. What I donít want to do is this: I donít want to talk about a decision I donít have to make at this point and time because thatís not important. Trentís not playing this week. Damon Huard is the starting quarterback. What I donít want to get caught in Ė and it happens every week when I come in here Ė is every week we win a game and Trentís out theyíre going to keep asking the question. Well, itís not about Trent right now. Itís about the football team. Itís all it matters.Ē

Q: But when Trent went out, you had a bye week and then it was two weeks, but when you talk about a guy at any position being out 10 to 11 weeks doesnít that kind change what you might have thought after two weeks?
EDWARDS: ďSure, but you still have to make the decision on whatís right for the football team. Is it a hard decision? Yeah, itís a hard decision but thatís part of the deal. You try to make the right decision.Ē

Q: But the impact of being out 10 to 11 weeks is hard to get back isnít it?
EDWARDS: ďI donít know. I donít know that. I canít say that. Iím not Trent Green. But I know what Trent Green brings to the table and I know what he is. I know what heís done in the past. I know heís a heck of a quarterback and a great leader for this football team. Heís been very successful and these are the things you weigh.
ďThe great part about it: I get to make the decision so no one needs to worry about that.Ē

Q: The fact that Mike Solari has evolved into a very effective offensive coordinator and play caller and has done that with Damon, and that he and Trent have hardly worked at all together in that capacity, does that become a factor that you will weigh?
EDWARDS: ďNo, because Trent is a smart enough guy to know that this is the way weíre going to do it. Weíre going to play our offense a certain way at this point in time because itís been successful. I donít think you get away from those things. Weíre not going to get away from giving the ball to Larry Johnson and weíre not going to get away from throwing the ball to Tony Gonzalez and, when we get an opportunity to take the ball down the field weíre going to take it down the field. Thatís not going to change for us.
ďThere might be certain things that we know Trent can do a little bit better than Damon. Are there some things weíve cut out of the offense that Trent can do better than Damon? Absolutely. Thatís what youíre supposed to do because youíre supposed to make the players successful. Itís not about your system itís about the players. What can the player do well and Mike and Terry Shea have done a great job of organizing their thoughts Ė along with Damon Ė on what exactly he can do well. Trent can do some things a little different too. Heís got some stronger attributes doing certain things in this offense.Ē

Q: Herm and Carl (Peterson) you might comment, you say itís your decision but if you pay a guy $50 million dollars isnít that an organization decision?
EDWARDS: ďIím going to talk to Carl about it but at the end of the day I think heís going to tell me to do whatís best for the football team. Heís always been that kind of man, as far as I know.Ē
CARL PETERSON: ďYou said the right thing, but Iíll tell you what, why donít we get on with the press conference because this questioning is ad nausea. He will make the decision. Certainly we will discuss it at the time. But heís right. We donít have to make that decision right now.Ē

Q: When you have to make the decision will you poll the players?
EDWARDS: ďNo, weíll let the fans poll the players. Whatever you want to do, do it.Ē

Q: Is that going to be a hard decision to make?
EDWARDS: ďNo, not as long as you know youíve gathered information and know whatís right for the football team. Thatís never hard.Ē
PETERSON: ďResearch would show that Hermanís had to do this before. OK. We will discuss it. We already have. Letís move on with something else.Ē

Q: But the last couple of weeks youíve said that heís your guy. But now youíre not saying that?
EDWARDS: ďIím not saying it because Iím tired of talking about it. We keep talking about it and weíre talking about a guy whoís not even playing. Thatís not fair to the quarterback. Thatís not fair to this football team, to be quite honest. This team has done some good things this year and, as youíve said, has fought for the most part every week except for maybe one. Thatís what is important. I donít like to talk about players who are not playing. Thatís not fair to the guys that are playing. Itís not fair to your team.
ďIíve always talked about it that way. Iím not saying it because itís Trent. You donít need to do that because youíve got guys who are working every day, who are trying to win, and those are the guys that are important right now. When that decision needs to be made obviously everybody in this room will know. Iíll make the decision and itíll be one that you deal with and you go.Ē
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/11/07/herm_edwards_press_conference__117/

InChiefsHell
11-07-2006, 03:31 PM
If sticking with Huard is the guaranteed difference between winning and losing, then you might have a point.

It isn't.

I'll keep saying it. Huard hasn't done anything that Trent can't, or hasn't, done. There's no reason to bench the starter unless the backup brings something to the table that the starter doesn't.

:clap:

Exactly!! :cuss:

Scorp
11-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Who really cares? As long as we keep winning, I couldn't care less if Eric Warfield was our QB.

JimNasium
11-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Here it is. It really got ridiculous, especially when someone asked if he was waffling on his decision. Personally, I like how Herm is handling this.

Thanks. That puts my mind at ease. I don't blame Herm at all for getting irritated about this.

Calcountry
11-07-2006, 03:33 PM
disgusting....I guess Trent has never won a game before...thanks for nothing Trent....Seriously, I have trouble with all you guys who think we owe anybody for what they did in the past. They got paid, and are getting paid. They are suppose to be professionals. I don't give a dang about Trents ego.

You go with the hot hand until it cools. If it doesn't, we win the Super Bowl. What is wrong with that?

R&GHomer
11-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Huard is really under the gun now. Maybe I'm just reading to much between the lines, but Herm really left me with the impression that as long as Huard continues to do well he will remain the starting QB. Not once did he say that Trent is the starting QB when healthy. Talked about team chemistry and making the decision only when he has to. Trent is no longer a lock. Sucks!

Calcountry
11-07-2006, 03:35 PM

It isn't.

I'll keep saying it. Huard hasn't done anything that Trent can't, or hasn't, done. There's no reason to bench the starter unless the backup brings something to the table that the starter doesn't.THere is no reason to rush a starter back from a severe head trauma when the back up is getting the job done either. I don't care if his name is Jesus Manning or Jesus Brady.

htismaqe
Thanks Dartgod.

Gotta love the media...anything for a story.

Dartgod
Thanks. That puts my mind at ease. I don't blame Herm at all for getting irritated about this.
I don't either. If I had ten people asking me the same ****ing question every ****ing day, I'd be a little more than irritated.

:bang:

Bwana
11-07-2006, 03:36 PM
This isn't a huge surprise. I'm fine with Huard as long as he keeps winning.

stevieray
11-07-2006, 03:37 PM
If anything this puts unneeded pressure on Huard.

So far, he's a team player, even though the media wants to make the ultimate team sport a game about individuals.

KCChiefsFan88
11-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Why do people gloss over the fact Damon Huard was a major factor behind the Chiefs loss in Denver in week 2. His lost fumble late in the game, with the Chiefs driving paved the way for Denver to come back and win.

Also consider Huard's dangerous habit of fumbling the ball when faced with the slightest HINT of pressure in the pocket (he has 4 fumbles this season).

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Seriously, I have trouble with all you guys who think we owe anybody for what they did in the past. They got paid, and are getting paid. They are suppose to be professionals. I don't give a dang about Trents ego.

You go with the hot hand until it cools. If it doesn't, we win the Super Bowl. What is wrong with that?

Hot hands tend to cool at exactly the wrong time.

You put your best players on the field, period.

stevieray
11-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Also consider Huard's dangerous habit of fumbling the ball when faced with the slightest HINT of pressure in the pocket (he has 4 fumbles this season).

Wrong. Huard has no problem standing in the pocket and taking the hit.

KCChiefsFan88
11-07-2006, 03:39 PM
This isn't a huge surprise. I'm fine with Huard as long as he keeps winning.

Huard isn't winning... the Chiefs are winning because Huard hasn't done anything to lose these games for the Chiefs... there is a difference

Count Alex's Losses
11-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Huard isn't winning...

Watch the Arizona, Seattle and San Diego games and get back to me. Huard made HUGE PLAYS down the stretch in each of them.

On the drive that put the game away in St. Louis, he had a big third-down conversion and threw that TD pass, too.

KCChiefsFan88
11-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Wrong. Huard has no problem standing in the pocket and taking the hit.

Explain the 4 fumbles then.

InChiefsHell
11-07-2006, 03:41 PM
The other thing is, we know that DAmon has done a great job in an offense that is pretty managable. They have said that they are holding back from the playbook, even now. As the season wears on, being able to switch up to Trent would be like opening a whole new look to the offense.

Plus Trent is outright prettier than Huard. So there is that.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Huard isn't winning... the Chiefs are winning because Huard hasn't done anything to lose these games for the Chiefs... there is a difference

EGG-zackly...

How has Huard performed when BEHIND in the 2nd half?

Look at the "Behind by 1-8 points" - that's the area where a QB can single-handedly win a game...

Damn BB can't format it correctly.

InChiefsHell
11-07-2006, 03:44 PM
EGG-zackly...

How has Huard performed when BEHIND in the 2nd half?

Look at the "Behind by 1-8 points" - that's the area where a QB can single-handedly win a game...

CAT G Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int 1st 1st % 20+ Sac Rate
AHEAD BY 1-TO-8 POINTS 0 37 25 67.6 363 9.81 43 3 0 20 80.0 6 3 126.3
AHEAD BY 9-TO-16 POINTS 0 21 13 61.9 170 8.10 57 1 0 8 61.5 2 2 103.3
AHEAD 0 67 44 65.7 623 9.30 57 5 0 34 77.3 9 5 120.4
BEHIND BY 9-TO-16 POINTS 0 25 17 68.0 217 8.68 51 1 0 13 76.5 1 2 108.3
BEHIND BY 1-TO-8 POINTS 0 37 24 64.9 220 5.95 25 2 0 14 58.3 2 4 98.9
BEHIND 0 98 61 62.2 664 6.78 51 4 1 39 63.9 8 7 91.5

I can't really read all of that, but I'm assuming it makes your case...
:p

Dartgod
11-07-2006, 03:44 PM
The other thing is, we know that DAmon has done a great job in an offense that is pretty managable. They have said that they are holding back from the playbook, even now. As the season wears on, being able to switch up to Trent would be like opening a whole new look to the offense.
Exactly. And Herm addressed that today too.

Q: The fact that Mike Solari has evolved into a very effective offensive coordinator and play caller and has done that with Damon, and that he and Trent have hardly worked at all together in that capacity, does that become a factor that you will weigh?
EDWARDS: ďNo, because Trent is a smart enough guy to know that this is the way weíre going to do it. Weíre going to play our offense a certain way at this point in time because itís been successful. I donít think you get away from those things. Weíre not going to get away from giving the ball to Larry Johnson and weíre not going to get away from throwing the ball to Tony Gonzalez and, when we get an opportunity to take the ball down the field weíre going to take it down the field. Thatís not going to change for us. ďThere might be certain things that we know Trent can do a little bit better than Damon. Are there some things weíve cut out of the offense that Trent can do better than Damon? Absolutely. Thatís what youíre supposed to do because youíre supposed to make the players successful. Itís not about your system itís about the players. What can the player do well and Mike and Terry Shea have done a great job of organizing their thoughts Ė along with Damon Ė on what exactly he can do well. Trent can do some things a little different too. Heís got some stronger attributes doing certain things in this offense.Ē

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks Dartgod.

Gotta love the media...anything for a story.
Okay he has been saying at every oppertunity that when Trent comes back he's the starter. Thats it. The only answer he gives. Doesn't know when he's coming back but when Trent's healthy he is the starter.
Period....Then he says today when asked is Trent still the guy....

EDWARDS: ďAt this point, I donít have to make that decision. But Iíll make the decision. Itíll be a decision Iíll make.Ē
EDWARDS: ďNo, Iím not waffling. What I donít want to do is this: I donít want to talk about a decision I donít have to make at this point and time because thatís not important. Trentís not playing this week. Damon Huard is the starting quarterback. What I donít want to get caught in Ė and it happens every week when I come in here Ė is every week we win a game and Trentís out theyíre going to keep asking the question. Well, itís not about Trent right now. Itís about the football team. Itís all it matters.Ē

Thats not the medias fault. Thats a different answer than the one he has been giving for the last 4 weeks.

King_Chief_Fan
11-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Why do people gloss over the fact Damon Huard was a major factor behind the Chiefs loss in Denver in week 2. His lost fumble late in the game, with the Chiefs driving paved the way for Denver to come back and win.

And a guy who had the cream cheese knocked out of him that put him on the shelf for 8 weeks and counting is just going to come into the game fresh as a daisy with no concern of the pressure he might be receiving and not fumble or throw interceptions?

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Okay he has been saying at every oppertunity that when Trent comes back he's the starter. Thats it. The only answer he gives. Doesn't know when he's coming back but when Trent's healthy he is the starter.
Period....Then he says today when asked is Trent still the guy....

Thats not the medias fault. Thats a different answer than the one he has been giving for the last 4 weeks.

Because he's sick of talking about it, so he's decided to **** with everybody a little bit.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Green will be starting come Nov. 19. Herm is playing with the media like he used to in NY.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Wow! I think all you guys who think that Trent should be automatically re-inserted as the starting QB when he's deemed "healthy" are absolutely insane.

Regardless of stats, regardless of what TG's done in the past, regardless of a scaled-down playbook (that quite frankly, was too large to begin with), Huard has accomplished everything that's been asked of him! So what if the playbook isn't the same? So what if he's only thrown it 10-15 times a game! We all knew that it was going to be that way under Herm, anyway! Do you really think that if TG was starting, we'd see less of LJ? Ludicrous!

If this team is 8-3 or 8-4 when TG is ready to return, it would be absolutely foolish to hand him the starting job. He wouldn't have played in freakin' 11 games this year! He'd be rusty, wouldn't have the same confidence or chemistry that Huard would have at that point. I just can't see how Herm could pull the starting job from Huard at that point.

FWIW, I think the starting job is Huard's the rest of way, barring injury. I would be very shocked to see it go the other way.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Wow! I think all you guys who think that Trent should be automatically re-inserted as the starting QB when he's deemed "healthy" are absolutely insane.

Regardless of stats, regardless of what TG's done in the past, regardless of a scaled-down playbook (that quite frankly, was too large to begin with), Huard has accomplished everything that's been asked of him! So what if the playbook isn't the same? So what if he's only thrown it 10-15 times a game! We all knew that it was going to be that way under Herm, anyway! Do you really think that if TG was starting, we'd see less of LJ? Ludicrous!

If this team is 8-3 or 8-4 when TG is ready to return, it would be absolutely foolish to hand him the starting job. He wouldn't have played in freakin' 11 games this year! He'd be rusty, wouldn't have the same confidence or chemistry that Huard would have at that point. I just can't see how Herm could pull the starting job from Huard at that point.

FWIW, I think the starting job is Huard's the rest of way, barring injury. I would be very shocked to see it go the other way.

Yeah...it's gonna be great when we take this offense into the playoffs and get lambasted because we can't score.

You're kidding yourself if you think what we're doing right now is gonna work against the Patriots, Broncos, or Colts.

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 03:54 PM
King Solomon would just split them both in half and ... well, I guess then we'd have to start Croyle.

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Because he's sick of talking about it, so he's decided to **** with everybody a little bit.

Well then its not the media's fault. They are just reporting a different answer than the one they have been given the last 4 weeks. There is no way Herm mis spoke. He knew he was giving a different answer. Just to play with the media? Seems kind of childish to me if thats the reason.

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Huard has two 4th quarter comebacks this year retards...

Chiefs Pantalones
11-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah...it's gonna be great when we take this offense into the playoffs and get lambasted because we can't score.

You're kidding yourself if you think what we're doing right now is gonna work against the Patriots, Broncos, or Colts.

I agree. I think Trent can make more throws than Damon and is more accurate. If our Oline protects for Green like they are with Huard right now, we should be in even better shape.

And like LJ said this morning, Trent being the starter will help as the season gets longer and tougher because Trent has the experience; he's been there before.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 03:59 PM

Which ones?

Arizona, where Larry Johnson took a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage 78 yards?

InChiefsHell
11-07-2006, 04:00 PM
WHen Trent comes back and had a 300 yard day with 3 TD's, people will wonder if he is as good as Huard...

...stop the world, I wanna get off...

KCChiefsFan88
11-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Even Herm admitted today that the offense has been scaled back to compensate for Huard's inferiority, compared with Trent Green.

His comments today:

"There might be certain things that we know Trent can do a little bit better than Damon. Are there some things weíve cut out of the offense that Trent can do better than Damon? Absolutely. Thatís what youíre supposed to do because youíre supposed to make the players successful. Itís not about your system itís about the players. What can the player do well and Mike and Terry Shea have done a great job of organizing their thoughts Ė along with Damon Ė on what exactly he can do well. Trent can do some things a little different too. Heís got some stronger attributes doing certain things in this offense.Ē "

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:01 PM

LMAO.

Week 1, with Huard and THIS offense, we beat the Bengals.

Trent and the offense everyone misses oh so much, with his tremendous ability to read the field...looked like total dog shit.

We forgot we had the best friggin' RB in the league in our backfield that game.

Don't give me this bullshit...

We can easily beat the Pats and Broncos with Huard at the helm. If Herm didn't put a friggin' leash on Huard against Denver we would've won that game, no doubt.

Against the Colts, eh. We probably wouldn't beat them either way.

"Hot hands tend to get cold at the wrong time."

Shut the **** up. I can't wait for Huard to lead this team to the AFC championship game...then we lose and all of the sudden it's Huard's fault and Green would've lead us to the super bowl.

Ridiculous.

Once this decision is made once and for all YOU ALL BETTER jump on the Huard bandwagon and give him full support...

We're all Chiefs fans for god's sake.

Count Alex's Losses
11-07-2006, 04:02 PM

Three.

DaneMcCloud
11-07-2006, 04:03 PM

Well, let's see. The Colts have about the worst Rushing Defense in the league, so I think we're okay there. The Chiefs took the Broncos to overtime with Huard playing on such a tight leash, I'm surprised he didn't choke himself. Add in the fact that the Broncos still play at Arrowhead and their defensive players are dropping like flies, I feel pretty good about that, too.

New England, OTOH, is a difficult nut to crack. If the Chiefs had to play in NE in the playoffs, it may or may not matter who's the QB for the Chiefs. If it's at Arrowhead, the Chiefs will beat them, just like last year.

So all in all, I'm good with Huard until he PROVES that he can't play. So far, I've seen no evidence of that.

What I haven't seen is a healthy Trent Green for the past 7+ games. I haven't seen him play well, I haven't seen him perform and no one knows how he'll perform after missing at least 9 games with injury. Not to mention the psychological impact (and whatever you think, there's no way to discount that at all).

Again, if the Chiefs are 8-3, 8-4, 9-3 - I just can't see HOW in the world you put Green back in as the starter. It makes NO sense.

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Which ones?

Arizona, where Larry Johnson took a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage 78 yards?
Arizona...where Huard was 26-38 and LJ ran for 36 yards...

San Diego...wasn't a comeback but he was MONEY on the last drive...when they have 30 seconds to go 60 yards to get into field goal range.

Seattle...when he threw a clutch pass to Eddie Kennison.

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Nah, we're not ok against Indianapolis.

Our defense is going to have to force 3 punts, turnovers, or punts and turnovers combined and I don't see that happening.

I give us a 10% chance of beating the Colts if it came down to that.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Arizona...where Huard was 26-38 and LJ ran for 36 yards...

San Diego...wasn't a comeback but he was MONEY on the last drive...when they have 30 seconds to go 60 yards to get into field goal range.

Seattle...when he threw a clutch pass to Eddie Kennison.

78-yard swing pass.

Nice deflection though.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 04:12 PM
LMAO.

Trent and the offense everyone misses oh so much, with his tremendous ability to read the field...looked like total dog shit.

We can easily beat the Pats and Broncos with Huard at the helm. If Herm didn't put a friggin' leash on Huard against Denver we would've won that game, no doubt.

Shut the **** up. I can't wait for Huard to lead this team to the AFC championship game...then we lose and all of the sudden it's Huard's fault and Green would've lead us to the super bowl.

Ridiculous.

Once this decision is made once and for all YOU ALL BETTER jump on the Huard bandwagon and give him full support...

If people didn't think you were retarded before, they do now.

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:13 PM
78-yard swing pass.

Nice deflection though.
What's the difference between a 78-yard swing pass and a 78-yard pass to Eddie Kennison?

You're the one deflecting the fact that, for years, we've all overrated Trent Green.

I thought Green was probably the most underrated QB in the NFL. I was wrong. He was as much of a system QB as Priest Holmes was a system RB.

Granted...we had/have a damn good system.

Count Alex's Losses
11-07-2006, 04:14 PM
What's the difference between a 78-yard swing pass and a 78-yard pass to Eddie Kennison?

Quite a bit, actually. That play was all LJ.

But it doesn't take away from the fact that Huard led a touchdown drive in the fourth quarter to put us in position to win the game.

the Talking Can
11-07-2006, 04:15 PM
as if we'd be 0-8 with Trent....

mind boggling, the stupidity..."a better QB would make us worse!"

"a simple offense is harder to run than a complicated one!"

"throwing 10 passes a game is something only Huard can do!"

etc.....

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 04:16 PM

You're the one deflecting the fact that, for years, we've all overrated Trent Green.

I thought Green was probably the most underrated QB in the NFL. I was wrong. He was as much of a system QB as Priest Holmes was a system RB.

Granted...we had/have a damn good system.

Are you fuggin serious?

The difference between a 78-yard swing pass and a 78-yard pass to Kennison is that with the swing pass, LARRY JOHNSON did 100% of the work. Damon Huard did NOTHING. It's a hair away from being a freaking hand off.

KCChiefsFan88
LMAO.

Ridiculous.

So its Trent Green's fault that the Chiefs didn't get the ball to LJ more in the Cincy game?

And you overlook the fact Huard a critical fumble in the Denver game that killed a promising drive and opened the door for Denver to get back into and eventually win the game.

htismaqe

But it doesn't take away from the fact that Huard led a touchdown drive in the fourth quarter to put us in position to win the game.

No he didn't.

Short Leash Hootie
If people didn't think you were retarded before, they do now.
Whatever dude...

You're the one with the blinders on.

You haven't said anything that has lead me to believe I am wrong. All you keep saying is, "you're an idiot", "if you weren't retarded before, you are now", "all I can do is insult you because you're totally right and I've been wrong all along."

Ok...well you haven't said the last one yet, but it's coming...

the Talking Can
11-07-2006, 04:17 PM
LMAO.

Ridiculous.

you're dumber than Kotter...and that is really saying something

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:18 PM
So its Trent Green's fault that the Chiefs didn't get the ball to LJ more in the Cincy game?

And you overlook the fact Huard a critical fumble in the Denver game that killed a promising drive and opened the door for Denver to get back into and eventually win the game.
I never overlooked that...go back to the start of the Huard threads when Phobia, GoChiefs and I all said Huard played well...we all pointed to that fumble as the main reason we lost the game.

KCChiefsFan88
11-07-2006, 04:18 PM

Rex Grossman also technically led a comeback win over hapless Failzona.

Count Alex's Losses
11-07-2006, 04:19 PM
No he didn't.

You kiddin' me?

The Chiefs were down 10 points. Huard led us on a 66-yard drive to cut the lead to 3.

Count Alex's Losses
11-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Rex Grossman also technically led a comeback win over hapless Failzona.

That's a horrible comparison. The Bears defense and special teams won that game.

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:20 PM
lol.

I'm dumb...

Ok.

Because for the last month I've been saying there is going to be a QB controversy...and every week, I've been called dumb, I know nothing about football...if Herm thought there would be a QB controversy he wouldn't keep saying Trent Green is the guy, period.

Ok guys, what now?

I keep on being right, yet I'm the idiot.

I'm sorry that I, along with the rest of you, overrated our QB for so many years. It's terrible, really. Green is such a great guy and has put up such monster numbers, I couldn't believe he wasn't getting more respect...

Well, like PH...it was the system more than the QB. Remember, Green couldn't even call audibles last year.

So whatever guys, you calling me an idiot means absolutely nothing considering the fact you've all been completely wrong this entire season about almost everything.

I've said all along we're a playoff team even with Huard at the helm.

In other words, blow me!

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Fine...

Let's throw out the Arizona game.

Huard wasn't a big reason we won the Seattle and San Diego game?

Let's hear how Huard had nothing to do with those two...

(or even the St. Louis game this week...)

When we needed a play to seal the game, he delivered a beautiful pass to Wilson off his back foot.

Zman
11-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Boy I had no idea what I was starting.

Chiefnj
11-07-2006, 04:24 PM
How can people say Trent Green is the better QB if he starts at the end of November?

Isn't Green going to be rusty? Doesn't Green usually start slow? Doesn't he have to build rhythm with the players again?

People want to complain about Huard and a scaled down offense - nonsense. Scaled down, or not scaled down - they are winning games. They are winning games now that they didn't earlier in the year because the OL has some continuity (had some - let's see what happens with Waters out).

BigRedChief
11-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Boy I had no idea what I was starting.
Shut up n00b.

Skip

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:26 PM
I want to know how we're scaled down?

Scaled down is the wrong term.

It's called, we're a DIFFERENT offense...

We're still putting up big numbers...we've put up 30, 35 and 31 points the last three weeks.

Tell me how that is scaled down?

"Huard only threw 15 passes!"

Huard only had to throw 15 passes...LJ was getting friggin' 7 yards per carry.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 04:27 PM

They also want to credit Huard with a great game vs. San Diego when his fumble at the SD 23 led directly to the SD TD that tied the game with 5 minutes left...

Short Leash Hootie
They also want to credit Huard with a great game vs. San Diego when his fumble at the SD 23 led directly to the SD TD that tied the game with 5 minutes left...
because Kevin Sampson didn't TOTALLY miss his block...

htismaqe
lol.

I'm dumb...

Ok.

Because for the last month I've been saying there is going to be a QB controversy...and every week, I've been called dumb, I know nothing about football...if Herm thought there would be a QB controversy he wouldn't keep saying Trent Green is the guy, period.

Ok guys, what now?

I keep on being right, yet I'm the idiot.

I'm sorry that I, along with the rest of you, overrated our QB for so many years. It's terrible, really. Green is such a great guy and has put up such monster numbers, I couldn't believe he wasn't getting more respect...

Well, like PH...it was the system more than the QB. Remember, Green couldn't even call audibles last year.

So whatever guys, you calling me an idiot means absolutely nothing considering the fact you've all been completely wrong this entire season about almost everything.

I've said all along we're a playoff team even with Huard at the helm.

In other words, blow me!

There absolutely is a QB controversy. Nobody thinks you're an idiot for that.

Get a grip.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Whatever dude...

You haven't said anything that has lead me to believe I am wrong. All you keep saying is, "you're an idiot", "if you weren't retarded before, you are now", "all I can do is insult you because you're totally right and I've been wrong all along."

For the record, I was one of the FEW people here saying Huard should be kept on the roster FOR THIS VERY REASON.

So I gues that means *I* was right all along.

Crashride
Im pretty sure it was Larry Johnsons fumble that messed up the Denver game, he even put the blame on himself in a post game interview. Im also sure Herm had a serious leash on Huard. Replay that game with what we have now and we win. Is Huard better than Green? NO. Should Green be rushed back in at a moment when the Chiefs are playing well on both sides of the ball. NO. Huard is perfect for this offense RIGHT NOW. Bring Green back next year, since Huards contract is up anyways, or if Huard starts looking like Drew Bledsoe.

Short Leash Hootie
when LJ TOTALLY missed his block, we lost to Dallas, we didn't make the playoffs...and it was LJ's fault.

When Sampson totally misses his block, we beat San Diego, but somehow Huard almost blew the game and Trent Green would've beat them by at least 4 scores.

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:29 PM
There absolutely is a QB controversy. Nobody thinks you're an idiot for that.

Get a grip.
according to you, as of two days ago, there wasn't a QB controversy.

Apparently you weren't right all along.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 04:29 PM
because Kevin Sampson didn't TOTALLY miss his block...

Excuses, excuses.

5 minutes left inside your own redzone. You have to know to protect the ball, and Huard didn't do it.

Nobody to blame but himself. Guys take sacks all the time and don't fumble.

Huard has fumbled this year...ALOT.

Fish
11-07-2006, 04:30 PM

How can you say with certainty what Green would do with this offense now. At the first of the year the OLine was confused and inexperienced. Please tell me you can agree that the OLine has come a long way since game 1. Green has yet to show what he can do behind the present OLine.

And with all that Trent has already proven, you can't tell me he won't have the same success and be able to do more than Huard can when he's 100%.

Again, just for a second consider that the offensive improvement has been due to the offensive line gaining confidence and experience and Solari figuring out how to utilize what we've got now.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 04:30 PM
according to you, as of two days ago, there wasn't a QB controversy.

Apparently you weren't right all along.

I never said there wasn't a controversy.

I said there was no question who the starter is.

And yes, I was right all along. Where were you when the arrows were flying in preseason? Huh?

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Excuses, excuses.

5 minutes left inside your own redzone. You have to know to protect the ball, and Huard didn't do it.

Nobody to blame but himself. Guys take sacks all the time and don't fumble.

Huard has fumbled this year...ALOT.
According to Whitlock LJ cost us the season when he missed a block on Fujita.

Why is it LJ's fault and not the coordinators or Trent Green?

Count Alex's Losses
11-07-2006, 04:31 PM
when LJ TOTALLY missed his block, we lost to Dallas, we didn't make the playoffs...and it was LJ's fault.

When Sampson totally misses his block, we beat San Diego, but somehow Huard almost blew the game and Trent Green would've beat them by at least 4 scores.

BINGO.

People want to make EVERY EXCUSE IN THE BOOK work for Trent Green while giving Huard NO ROOM FOR ERROR WHATSOEVER.

GET BEHIND YOUR QUARTERBACK.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 04:32 PM
According to Whitlock LJ cost us the season when he missed a block on Fujita.

Why is it LJ's fault and not the coordinators or Trent Green?

What?

And you wonder why everybody treats you like an idiot.

Here's a hint:

Take a look at GoChiefs' posts, and look at the responses.

Then compare it to yours.

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:32 PM
How can you say with certainty what Green would do with this offense now. At the first of the year the OLine was confused and inexperienced. Please tell me you can agree that the OLine has come a long way since game 1. Green has yet to show what he can do behind the present OLine.

And with all that Trent has already proven, you can't tell me he won't have the same success and be able to do more than Huard can when he's 100%.

Again, just for a second consider that the offensive improvement has been due to the offensive line gaining confidence and experience and Solari figuring out how to utilize what we've got now.
Personally, other than using more counter plays in the running game...I haven't seen this so called "improvement" from the offensive line.

We use Dunn a hell of a lot more, but Huard still doesn't have all day to throw the ball.

We have been using a better game plan to make up for our shortcoming at the tackle position, I'll agree to that.

Our week 1 game plan was shit.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 04:33 PM
BINGO.

People want to make EVERY EXCUSE IN THE BOOK work for Trent Green while giving Huard NO ROOM FOR ERROR WHATSOEVER.

GET BEHIND YOUR QUARTERBACK.

What are you talking about?

1) That fumble was inside the OPPONENT'S RED ZONE.

2) That game was lost in the 4th quarter by the DEFENSE. Trent's fumble happened in the FIRST HALF, not in with 5 minutes left in the FOURTH QUARTER.

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:36 PM
What?

And you wonder why everybody treats you like an idiot.

Here's a hint:

Take a look at GoChiefs' posts, and look at the responses.

Then compare it to yours.
I'm saying...

Huard felt the pressure from Sampson's missed block and rolled away from it and tried to make a play...if you watched the play, Sampson totally missed his block and then could've recovered the fumble but didn't. Whatever.

I compared it to a comparable situation last year in the most important game of the year...and after the game, Whitlock's entire column is towards LJ and the fact he cost KC the playoffs and the season (after he rushed for 160 and 2 scores or something like that.)

Why does Trent get the free pass when he makes mistakes, but Huard, even though he's been basically mistake free, gets criticized for every little thing he hasn't done right this year?

It's ridiculous.

I think Trent has been pretty friggin' stellar the last few years, but he's definitely had his moments...but no one seems to remember those I guess.

KCChiefsFan88
11-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Im pretty sure it was Larry Johnsons fumble that messed up the Denver game, he even put the blame on himself in a post game interview.

Not true...

LJ's fumble was early in the game. The Chiefs weathered that turnover to build a 6-0 lead in the middle of the 3rd quarter. The Chiefs were driving (at Denver's 34 yardline) with the ability to make it a 2 possession game with a FG, when Huard fumbled the ball. Denver recovers it and goes on to score a field goal and completely changed the momentum of the game.

Huard's fumble was the turning point in the game

dirk digler
11-07-2006, 04:39 PM
There is no controversy because for one Carl Peterson will not allow a Pro Bowl $50 million dollar QB sit on the bench. To do that is ****ing stupid. What alot of you fail to understand is that Trent IS the LEADER of the TEAM.

If Peyton Manning was injured for 10 weeks and his backup did great would you keep him on the bench. Ummm..no you wouldn't.

Short Leash Hootie
What are you talking about?

1) That fumble was inside the OPPONENT'S RED ZONE.

2) That game was lost in the 4th quarter by the DEFENSE. Trent's fumble happened in the FIRST HALF, not in with 5 minutes left in the FOURTH QUARTER.
you don't know SHIT if you think that wasn't the turning point in that game.

We were up 17-7, we were first and goal at the 9 with two timeouts and over a minute on the clock.

Dallas can't stop our running game...

the playcall...STRAIGHT DROP BACK PASS LEAVING LJ ONE ON ONE WITH THE WEAK SIDE LINEBACKER....

Are you kidding me?

The rest is history. Instead of a 24-7 halftime lead suddenly it's 17-14 and they have the momentum.

That was the SOLE reason we weren't 11-5 and the SOLE reason Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl.

We gave them our playoff spot with that playcall. Why it wasn't either a PA pass or a draw or a simple handoff I will never figure out.

LET'S SAY WE SCORE, WE STILL GIVE THEM A MINUTE TO DRIVE ON US...WHY NOT RUN THE ****ING BALL...

Typical Al Saunders...can call a brilliant game but will always call 3-4 plays a game that are totally ridiculous.

Spott
Huard has done great so far, but there is a reason that he has been a career 2nd and 3rd string QB up until now. IMO, Trent is the proven starter and it is still his job. Huard has led the team to three straight 30 plus point games, but Trent has led this offense to average 30+ pts a season for the past 4 years. On the other hand, Huard has already been held under 10 pts as much(twice) as Green had in his past 4 seasons as a starter. The longer we have Huard in there, the more we will find out why he has been the equivalent of Todd Collins.

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:40 PM
There is no controversy because for one Carl Peterson will not allow a Pro Bowl $50 million dollar QB sit on the bench. To do that is ****ing stupid. What alot of you fail to understand is that Trent IS the LEADER of the TEAM.

If Peyton Manning was injured for 10 weeks and his backup did great would you keep him on the bench. Ummm..no you wouldn't.
There is a BIG difference between Manning and Green, and I'm not even taking into account the fact one is 29 and the other is 36. Dildo.

dirk digler

We were up 17-7, we were first and goal at the 9 with two timeouts and over a minute on the clock.

the playcall...STRAIGHT DROP BACK PASS LEAVING LJ ONE ON ONE WITH THE WEAK SIDE LINEBACKER....

Are you kidding me?

The rest is history. Instead of a 24-7 halftime lead suddenly it's 17-14 and they have the momentum.

That was the SOLE reason we weren't 11-5 and the SOLE reason Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl.

We gave them our playoff spot with that playcall. Why it wasn't either a PA pass or a draw or a simple handoff I will never figure out.

LET'S SAY WE SCORE, WE STILL GIVE THEM A MINUTE TO DRIVE ON US...WHY NOT RUN THE ****ING BALL...

Typical Al Saunders...can call a brilliant game but will always call 3-4 plays a game that are totally ridiculous.

Who gives a shit that was last year.

Rausch
Personally, other than using more counter plays in the running game...I haven't seen this so called "improvement" from the offensive line.

Huard is still standing and didn't get killed after his 1st three quarters. He's not running for his life every passing play. This line has improved greatly since game 1. Not from last season, from game 1 this year.

We use Dunn a hell of a lot more, but Huard still doesn't have all day to throw the ball.

Nope. And he needs to get better at protecting the ball, but overall he's done a pretty darn good job...

Fish
11-07-2006, 04:41 PM

We have been using a better game plan to make up for our shortcoming at the tackle position, I'll agree to that.

Our week 1 game plan was shit.

If you can't see improvement on the line, then you are hopeless....

And the rest of your post could be contributed to Solari game planning around Huard's strengths and weaknesses. And to say Solari couldn't game plan just as well if not better around Green's strengths and weaknesses is just homerism. And Green is a helluva lot more proven... especially in big games.....

We've got to give him a chance....

Short Leash Hootie
It's too bad you guys can't use the whole "it doesn't matter what Hootie and GoChiefs thinks because the head coach has said there is no QB controversy, period" card anymore...

Now what are you guys going to do?

Call me an idiot? That's about all you have left, lol.

Short Leash Hootie
Huard is still standing and didn't get killed after his 1st three quarters. He's not running for his life every passing play. This line has improved greatly since game 1. Not from last season, from game 1 this year.

Nope. And he needs to get better at protecting the ball, but overall he's done a pretty darn good job...

I think he's averaging less than one turnover per game...I think he's doing ok protecting the ball.

Easy 6
11-07-2006, 04:42 PM
This may not be the hard hitting statement we all love here...but i wash my hands of all of it. Sitting here getting worked up into tizzy about it wont change 1... not 1 decision Herm makes. I have made my feelings clear & thats all i can really do. I can only hope that the call thats made is the right one for my team.

Could Trent be skittish & less than before upon his return??? YES

Could Damon continue playing at a true all pro level??? YES

Could both of those statements be WAY off the mark??? SURE

Whatever decision Herm makes had better be the one thats right...I would HATE to be in his shoes.

SOMEBODY just PLEASE take us to January!!!

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:43 PM
If you can't see improvement on the line, then you are hopeless....

And the rest of your post could be contributed to Solari game planning around Huard's strengths and weaknesses. And to say Solari couldn't game plan just as well if not better around Green's strengths and weaknesses is just homerism. And Green is a helluva lot more proven... especially in big games.....

We've got to give him a chance....
in BIG games?!

WHAT?!

this is a joke, right?

dirk digler
11-07-2006, 04:45 PM
There is a BIG difference between Manning and Green, and I'm not even taking into account the fact one is 29 and the other is 36. Dildo.

No question Peyton is a better QB but if you look at Trent's stats he is second behind Peyton the last 4-5 years.

Easy 6
11-07-2006, 04:45 PM

Call me an idiot?

No Hootie, you have a damn near perfect monopoly on that tactic.

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:47 PM
No question Peyton is a better QB but if you look at Trent's stats he is second behind Peyton the last 4-5 years.
I think everyone on this board knows that.

However, and it PAINS me to say this...Green was a system QB. It's that simple.

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:47 PM
No Hootie, you have a damn near perfect monoply on that tactic.
Yeah.

Ok.

I bet you're way smarter than I am.

(lol)

Easy 6
11-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah.

I bet you're way smarter than I am.

No question about it smartass.

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:50 PM
No question about it smartass.
I can tell by your posts...

Spott
11-07-2006, 04:50 PM

Are you kidding me?

Actually, we were ahead 14-10 before that play happened and we trailed 17-14 at the half. We started off ahead 14-3, then Dallas scored a TD to make it 14-10. Either way, it was the turning point. Well, that and the bogus penalty we got on 4th and goal as well as the bad snap on the FG to send the game into OT.

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Actually, we were ahead 14-10 before that play happened and we trailed 17-14 at the half. We started off ahead 14-3, then Dallas scored a TD to make it 14-10. Either way, it was the turning point. Well, that and the bogus penalty we got on 4th and goal as well as the bad snap on the FG to send the game into OT.
that wasn't a bogus penalty, DJ obviously interfered.

The bogus thing was the non-call on third and goal when the RT held Hicks RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE referee. It was so blatant...

The worst part of it all was Surtain had an interception for 6 fall right out of his hands...on that last drive.

@))*@)@*#*@

htismaqe
Why does Trent get the free pass when he makes mistakes, but Huard, even though he's been basically mistake free, gets criticized for every little thing he hasn't done right this year?

The situation WAS NOT comparable. Green's fumble came in the FIRST HALF, at the OTHER TEAM'S NINE.

Huard's fumble came with 5 minutes left in the game, at OUR OWN 23.

Trent Green doesn't get a free pass at all.

Huard and Trent have played pretty much identical. Which means Green is still the starter. It's that simple. The playing field isn't level and it never was. Huard, as the backup, has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he's an UPGRADE over the existing starter.

The only reason Huard is getting nitpicked is because people were hoping you'd come to your senses. That's obviously not going to happen, so I won't be nitpicking Huard any more.

Fish

Are you saying Huard isn't a system QB? Did you miss the part where Herm & Co. have repeatedly said they had to change the game plan to fit Huard's needs? What about the part where Herm said he knows Green has strengths that Huard doesn't? Maybe the quote where Herm says Green can do a lot of things better than Huard?

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Are you saying Huard isn't a system QB? Did you miss the part where Herm & Co. have repeatedly said they had to change the game plan to fit Huard's needs? What about the part where Herm said he knows Green has strengths that Huard doesn't? Maybe the quote where Herm says Green can do a lot of things better than Huard?
Where did I say Huard wasn't a system QB?

Huh?

The only reason I called Green a system QB is, because he is a system QB.

Peyton manning IS the system.

That's why the Manning/Green comparisons are ridiculous.

Short Leash Hootie
11-07-2006, 04:57 PM
my computer is acting up...and I'm sick of resetting the router...so I'm peacing out...later.

Easy 6
11-07-2006, 04:58 PM
I can tell by your posts...

Dont you have some tables to wait on??? Or a class about something i knew 15 years ago to go to???

dirk digler
11-07-2006, 04:58 PM

Aren't all QB's system QB's? I mean you don't take Vick and have him run the run and shoot.

RINGLEADER
11-07-2006, 05:24 PM
This is the dynamic that I don't think a lot of people are addressing. Stick with the hot hand. Because I can tell you that the level of second-guessing and finger-pointing (among fans, players, coaches, and the media - for what they're worth) is going to go through the roof if Trent comes back for the Oakland game, plays bad and we lose. If Damon is in there and that happens then you make the change. The loss would suck but I don't think anyone would be laying it on Damon after the way he's played. He really is playing like a Pro-Bowl quarterback right now.

And for all the people who say that Damon can't move the ball as well as Trent I just point to the four games this season where we had leads, the other team fought back, but then Damon put together long scoring drives to seal the deal. San Diego, Arizona, Seattle, and St. Louis all scratched back into the game (or took the lead) but Damon put 'em away.

I'm not anti-Trent or anti-Damon. I'm pro-winning. And right now the team is gel'd around Damon, moving the ball well and scoring lots of points. Why screw with a good thing? I haven't heard anyone explain to me what the good reason is to do that. So we can -maybe- get 35 points instead of 31?

Anyway, I stand behind Herm whatever the decision. Just think you play the hot hand until it gets cool.

Dartgod
11-07-2006, 05:24 PM
In a nutshell. Who would you rather have starting a playoff game for the Chiefs? A career backup? Or someone who has actually played in a playoff game?

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 05:28 PM
A note to Trent and Damon:

If you guys read this site, I just want to let you know that no matter what happens, I love both of you guys like the brothers I never had. If we were all out in the ocean and I could only save one of you, I'd give you both the life jacket and sacrifice myself.

The Bad Guy
11-07-2006, 05:28 PM
If Trent gets the job back, and he stinks, how many of you will blame Herm for making the switch?

You stick with the hot hand in sports. Put your ego aside, forget the past because it doesn't mean one thing toward the immediate future.

Huard has 11 TDs and 1 pick. To say that Huard hasn't won any, but kept the team from losing is ridiculous.

He did something that Trent Green couldn't do last week. Win on the road. I love Trent, but this is out of hand already.

Don't feed me the "well LJ ran for 170 line," either. LJ ran for a billion yards against the Giants and Cowboys and we both lost those.

RINGLEADER
11-07-2006, 05:30 PM
In a nutshell. Who would you rather have starting a playoff game for the Chiefs? A career backup? Or someone who has actually played in a playoff game?

Right now I'd rather have Damon. He's got the team behind him and he seems to be emotional about everything going on during the game. I can't remember the last time Trent Green got in someone's face and screamed at them for dropping a sure touch-down...least of all Larry Johnson.

Again, I'm perfectly OK with Trent being the starter against Oakland...just not a move I would make and not a move that there is any reason to make.

siberian khatru
11-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Anyway, I stand behind Herm whatever the decision. Just think you play the hot hand until it gets cool.

And when is that? When he throws a pick-6? When we lose one game?

I'm not disagreeing with your analysis, just saying that I think it's a no-win for Herm. No matter who he chooses, each mistake by that guy is gonna be intensely magnified. Either will almost have to play perfectly to keep the jackals off his back.

Fish
11-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Why screw with a good thing? I haven't heard anyone explain to me what the good reason is to do that.

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 05:37 PM
I wonder if the Raiders would trade for one of them in exchange for ... for ... eh, the Raiders don't have anything we want.

Dartgod
11-07-2006, 05:39 PM
I wonder if the Raiders would trade for one of them in exchange for ... for ... eh, the Raiders don't have anything we want.We could offer one if they would agree to keep Greasy Al on life support for another twenty years or so.

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Don't feed me the "well LJ ran for 170 line," either. LJ ran for a billion yards against the Giants and Cowboys and we both lost those.

Damon Huard has the benefit of having a defense, rather than the _efense Trent has had to suffer through...

philfree
11-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Best case scenario is for Trent to start the Raider game and play well with the Chiefs winning. Then we have our starter and a quality backup waiting in the wings if something goes wrong later. If Trent is truely 100% he will do just fine IMO and it will all me moot. A remeber Trent has had a hot hand for 4 years as the Chiefs QB. He's the 2nd rated QB in the league over that time span bested by only the great Peyton Manning. What if Manning were in Trents position? Would there be a controvercy then? It's a tough call and I'm glad that I'm not the one to have to make it.

PhilFree:arrow:

Rain Man
11-07-2006, 05:46 PM
I think the inherent challenge in this is that an apples-to-apples comparison is impossible at this point. Damon is working under a different offensive coordinator and coach, and with a much higher-achieving defense, but with an offensive line that has been in high turmoil due to injuries and retirements. We don't know how Trent would perform in the same situation because he hasn't been in that situation.

Easy 6
11-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Right now I'd rather have Damon. He's got the team behind him and he seems to be emotional about everything going on during the game. I can't remember the last time Trent Green got in someone's face and screamed at them for dropping a sure touch-down...least of all Larry Johnson.

I do absolutely love Damons fiery temperment, its easy to admire. I dont take away from Trent for his lack of it 'cause guys just have different styles but Damon does earn BIG points with me for being vocal & PASSIONATE.

Count Alex's Losses
11-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I do absolutely love Damons fiery temperment.

I agree. Keep throwing angry, Damon!

Deberg_1990
11-07-2006, 05:55 PM
If Trent gets the job back, and he stinks, how many of you will blame Herm for making the switch?

You stick with the hot hand in sports. Put your ego aside, forget the past because it doesn't mean one thing toward the immediate future.

Huard has 11 TDs and 1 pick. To say that Huard hasn't won any, but kept the team from losing is ridiculous.

He did something that Trent Green couldn't do last week. Win on the road. I love Trent, but this is out of hand already.

Well said....i agree with everything...

I love Trent, hes been the best QB we have had here since Dawson IMO, but you have to go with the hot hand and right now its Huard....Football is a tough business.

There really is no right or wrong answer here. The first time either QB makes a mistake the critics will come out to 2nd guess everything.

Trent has been solid, but the reality is, hes never won a playoff game and it isnt like hes Joe Montana, Peyton Manning or Brett Favre.

Fish
11-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Trent has been solid, but the reality is, hes never won a playoff game and it isnt like hes Joe Montana, Peyton Manning or Brett Favre.

No.... he's just been 2nd in the league behind Peyton Manning for the last 3 years.... and better than Favre.....

This is a really dumb statement....

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 06:04 PM
I agree. I think Trent can make more throws than Damon and is more accurate. If our Oline protects for Green like they are with Huard right now, we should be in even better shape.

And like LJ said this morning, Trent being the starter will help as the season gets longer and tougher because Trent has the experience; he's been there before.

Your talking about Trent before the concussion, and the Trent who hasn't missed 7 games. They are not the same. This is why you keep Huard in.

Fish
11-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Your talking about Trent before the concussion, and the Trent who hasn't missed 7 games. They are not the same. This is why you keep Huard in.

You're a neurologist now?

Crashride
11-07-2006, 06:07 PM
No.... he's just been 2nd in the league behind Peyton Manning for the last 3 years.... and better than Favre.....

This is a really dumb statement....

Actually it isnt. Despite the fact that hes been number 2 behind Manning, he cant seem to make it translate into the post season (neither can manning). Marino is arguably one of the best QBs to play the game and you know what...no rings.

Fish
11-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Actually it isnt. Despite the fact that hes been number 2 behind Manning, he cant seem to make it translate into the post season (neither can manning). Marino is arguably one of the best QBs to play the game and you know what...no rings.

He hasn't had the defense that KC has now..... He can't force a punt in a playoff game with IND by himself.....

Brock
11-07-2006, 06:09 PM

If only Green could tackle better.

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 06:10 PM
LMAO.

Ridiculous.

Point is Trent just can't jump back in and be 100% effective after not playing 7 or more games. It's unrealistic to think he can. Now if we had a quarterback that was sucking wind, then of course you put Trent back in, but we don't have that. This is not about Trent, this about sticking with the guy who is winning games. When that changes then yes put Trent back in if he's ready.

go bowe
11-07-2006, 06:10 PM
It's too bad you guys can't use the whole "it doesn't matter what Hootie and GoChiefs thinks because the head coach has said there is no QB controversy, period" card anymore...

Call me an idiot? That's about all you have left, lol.ok. your and idiot...

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Whatever dude...

JBucc
11-07-2006, 06:15 PM
The bottom line is, Huard can't block half as well as Trent. If LJ has to cut back to the other side and Huard has to take a defender out we're screwed.

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 06:17 PM
This is the dynamic that I don't think a lot of people are addressing. Stick with the hot hand. Because I can tell you that the level of second-guessing and finger-pointing (among fans, players, coaches, and the media - for what they're worth) is going to go through the roof if Trent comes back for the Oakland game, plays bad and we lose. If Damon is in there and that happens then you make the change. The loss would suck but I don't think anyone would be laying it on Damon after the way he's played. He really is playing like a Pro-Bowl quarterback right now.

And for all the people who say that Damon can't move the ball as well as Trent I just point to the four games this season where we had leads, the other team fought back, but then Damon put together long scoring drives to seal the deal. San Diego, Arizona, Seattle, and St. Louis all scratched back into the game (or took the lead) but Damon put 'em away.

I'm not anti-Trent or anti-Damon. I'm pro-winning. And right now the team is gel'd around Damon, moving the ball well and scoring lots of points. Why screw with a good thing? I haven't heard anyone explain to me what the good reason is to do that. So we can -maybe- get 35 points instead of 31?

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 06:21 PM

that's not the issue. I would rather have Trent w/o a concussion and having him played the last 8 games. If we had this scenario then putting Trent in is a no-brainer. We don't have this. That's the challenge we're all having. You're in the wrong nutshell. :p

htismaqe
11-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Point is Trent just can't jump back in and be 100% effective after not playing 7 or more games.

Prove it.

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 06:24 PM
You're a neurologist now?

How did you find out? :)

Redcoats58
11-07-2006, 06:25 PM
You have to love bulleting boards, everyone trying to push their opinion as fact! If I was running this organization I would put in Trent Green because of his proven statistics, that is not to take away from Damon Huard. You see I won't go the Hootie route and bash Green to boost Huard, or vise versa, that's why Hootie is getting so much crap from everyone on here.

Huard is doing an exceptional job and the offense was scaled down for him, meaning the playbook was looked over and scaled down to benefit Huard, but that is the difference between Green and Huard, with Green you don't have to throw half the playbook out.

I'm tired of hearing that this is a different offense from Hootie, it's just not true, same offense, scaled down playbook. This is still the Air Coryell offense with the shifting receivers and runningbacks. It's not like we scrapped all our plays from previous years, it just looks different because it's modified for Huard.

I'm just happy I don't have to make the decision because it doesn't matter which guy you pick because if said player that starts doesn't make the playoffs or superbowl, the head coach is gonna be burned at the stake.

Ive decided that I'm not gonna look at it that way, if Huard stays as the starter and fails I'm not gonna point fingers and say "I told you so". I'm just gonna go with a Chiefs fan motto as I always have, "Well better luck next year". If Green starts and fails same thing. I'm just happy we have a legit shot of making the post season. I've just been a fan of this team for too many years to let it bother me the way it used to when they fail.

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 06:26 PM
You have to love bulleting boards, everyone trying to push their opinion as fact! If I was running this organization I would put in Trent Green because of his proven statistics, that is not to take away from Damon Huard. You see I won't go the Hootie route and bash Green to boost Huard, or vise versa, that's why Hootie is getting so much crap from everyone on here.

Huard is doing an exceptional job and the offense was scaled down for him, meaning the playbook was looked over and scaled down to benefit Huard, but that is the difference between Green and Huard, with Green you don't have to throw half the playbook out.

I'm tired of hearing that this is a different offense from Hootie, it's just not true, same offense, scaled down playbook. This is still the Air Coryell offense with the shifting receivers and runningbacks. It's not like we scrapped all our plays from previous years, it just looks different because it's modified for Huard.

I'm just happy I don't have to make the decision because it doesn't matter which guy you pick because if said player that starts doesn't make the playoffs or superbowl, the head coach is gonna be burned at the stake.

Ive decided that I'm not gonna look at it that way, if Huard stays as the starter and fails I'm not gonna point fingers and say "I told you so". I'm just gonna go with a Chiefs fan motto as I always have, "Well better luck next year". If Green starts and fails same thing. I'm just happy we have a legit shot of making the post season. I've just been a fan of this team for too many years to let it bother me the way it used to when they fail.

Is this opinion or fact?

Redcoats58
11-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Is this opinion or fact?
Fact

Dolphinduck
11-07-2006, 06:32 PM
We would love to see Green coming off of injury (not playing for the last 7 games) this week. I bet he still wakes up in the midlle of the night seeing orange and black. Having Huard playing well for the first time in his career is not a bad problem to have..Maybe Herm will play Trent Green later in the game after your down 3 tds and you can get him ready for the Raider game. Heehee..Anyway, good Luck to you all this week and lets have a good game and no injuries..

Basileus777
11-07-2006, 06:33 PM
We would love to see Green coming off of injury (not playing for the last 7 games) this week. I bet he still wakes up in the midlle of the night seeing orange and black. Having Huard playing well for the first time in his career is not a bad problem to have..Maybe Herm will play Trent Green later in the game after your down 3 tds and you can get him ready for the Raider game. Heehee..Anyway, good Luck to you all this week and lets have a good game and no injuries..

Just what this thread needs, a dolphin troll saying Huard scares him more. :)

Fish
11-07-2006, 06:34 PM
How did you find out? :)

I'm just grasping at straws here trying to figure out which subject you actually know a single damn thing about....

And I ain't convinced it's football or neurology...

Redcoats58
11-07-2006, 06:37 PM
We would love to see Green coming off of injury (not playing for the last 7 games) this week. I bet he still wakes up in the midlle of the night seeing orange and black. Having Huard playing well for the first time in his career is not a bad problem to have..Maybe Herm will play Trent Green later in the game after your up 3 tds and you can get him ready for the Raider game. Heehee..Anyway, good Luck to you all this week and lets have a good game and no injuries..

Well we've had some bad luck in florida, let's hope that isnt the case this week. Oh and by the way I fixed your post :)

chiefsfan1963
11-07-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm just grasping at straws here trying to figure out which subject you actually know a single damn thing about....

And I ain't convinced it's football or neurology...

So you saying you would kick my ass at Jeopardy? :)

Fish
11-07-2006, 06:39 PM
So you saying you would kick my ass at Jeopardy? :)

I'm saying that rotating smilie probably has a decent shot at winning.......

Fairplay
11-07-2006, 06:39 PM
The Trent Green vs. Huard threads are boring me already.

Bwana
11-07-2006, 08:21 PM

No shit? I never would have guessed form the record. What color is the sky in your world?

Deberg_1990
11-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Has anybody here ever thought that it doesnt matter who starts at QB for us?? I say we still win games if we continue to play great team ball like we have the past few weeks.

Im not sure there is a wrong answer at QB between the two.....

Skip Towne
11-07-2006, 09:02 PM
I am amazed at the amount of hours you people put in speculating about something you have no control over. Or even any input to the powers that be. If you would get a second job instead you would all be rich.

The Bad Guy
11-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Damon Huard has the benefit of having a defense, rather than the _efense Trent has had to suffer through...

So his 11 TDs to just 1 INT doesn't matter?

The Chiefs defense has been far from great the last 4 games.

The name of the game is winning, and I see no reason to mess with something when Huard is 5-1 this year.

What does this team really have to lose by sticking with Huard?

Nothing.

The Bad Guy
11-07-2006, 09:52 PM
I am amazed at the amount of hours you people put in speculating about something you have no control over. Or even any input to the powers that be. If you would get a second job instead you would all be rich.

Says the person with 42 g's in the post column.

RINGLEADER
11-07-2006, 10:01 PM
And when is that? When he throws a pick-6? When we lose one game?

I'm not disagreeing with your analysis, just saying that I think it's a no-win for Herm. No matter who he chooses, each mistake by that guy is gonna be intensely magnified. Either will almost have to play perfectly to keep the jackals off his back.

How about waiting for him to play poorly and lose a game or two? I just don't see what the motivator is to make a switch when we're winning with what we have. Don't make sense to me.

Dartgod
11-07-2006, 10:06 PM

The name of the game is winning, and I see no reason to mess with something when Huard is 5-1 this year.

Nothing.
Not to nitpick, but Huard is 5-2 as a starter this year.

Skip Towne
11-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Says the person with 42 g's in the post column.
Yet none of them were on shit like this.

milkman
11-07-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm saying...

Huard felt the pressure from Sampson's missed block and rolled away from it and tried to make a play...if you watched the play, Sampson totally missed his block and then could've recovered the fumble but didn't. Whatever.

I compared it to a comparable situation last year in the most important game of the year...and after the game, Whitlock's entire column is towards LJ and the fact he cost KC the playoffs and the season (after he rushed for 160 and 2 scores or something like that.)

It's ridiculous.

I think Trent has been pretty friggin' stellar the last few years, but he's definitely had his moments...but no one seems to remember those I guess.

Aside from the difference in game situation that Parker has discussed, the other difference is that Huard knew there was pressure and failed to secure the ball.

When LJ whiffed on that block, Green never had a chance.

RINGLEADER
11-07-2006, 10:55 PM

Nothing.

Yeah, those drives Damon had when the Chargers got close, when the Seahawks pulled ahead, and when the Rams got within one score last week were long, methodical, and real works of art. Dude has poise and he's a winner so far.

Again, I just don't know why there's a rush to get rid of the second-best QB in the NFL who's winning games and putting up 30+ points in each of the last three games.

cdcox
11-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Aside from the difference in game situation that Parker has discussed, the other difference is that Huard knew there was pressure and failed to secure the ball.

When LJ whiffed on that block, Green never had a chance.

I've read through this thread for the last half hour. Finally someone who watches the game and draws conculsions based on what actually happened on the field as opposed to the generalization "Green fumled, too!" Thanks, Milkman.

milkman
11-07-2006, 11:04 PM

Trent Green has run the system widely considered the most complex in the NFL, and done at higher rate of efficiency over a 4 year period than any other QB in that system ever, including Dan Fouts and Troy Aikman, who both had better receiving corps.

But, he no doubt, couldn't adjust to a less complex system, because he's a system QB.

That is about about the single most uneducated statement I think I've ever read.

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Green plays against the Faders IMO.

cdcox
11-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Yeah, those drives Damon had when the Chargers got close, when the Seahawks pulled ahead, and when the Rams got within one score last week were long, methodical, and real works of art. Dude has poise and he's a winner so far.

Again, I just don't know why there's a rush to get rid of the second-best QB in the NFL who's winning games and putting up 30+ points in each of the last three games.

There is a reason they call it a "hot hand". Because Huard is playing way beyond expectations. He's going to cool off. If Green were playing like this, we would be saying he is playing well, but not beyond what we've come to expect.

We need the hot hand to stay hot for 12 more games to win the Superbowl over a period of 3 months against some of the best defenses in the NFL. I'm not willing to bet our season that Huard can stay hot that long. The change has to be made before the playoffs.

How many losses will it take to conclude that Huard has cooled off? One? Two? How many games will it take Green to get tuned up? One? Two? The margin of error is very thin. We can "afford" to lose 2, maybe 3 games in the next 8. We probably can't afford the number of losses it will take to first let Huard cool off and then let Green shake off the rust. By then we will be out of the playoff race.

Switch at the Oakland game if Green is healthy. We can proably win that game even if Green doesn't have his best day. Hope he takes no more than a game or two to tune up. Then make the playoff run with an offense that has a second level burst.

Halfcan
11-07-2006, 11:21 PM
That is about about the single most uneducated statement I think I've ever read.

ROFL you always say that about Hootys post.

RINGLEADER
11-07-2006, 11:31 PM
There is a reason they call it a "hot hand". Because Huard is playing way beyond expectations. He's going to cool off. If Green were playing like this, we would be saying he is playing well, but not beyond what we've come to expect.

We need the hot hand to stay hot for 12 more games to win the Superbowl over a period of 3 months against some of the best defenses in the NFL. I'm not willing to bet our season that Huard can stay hot that long. The change has to be made before the playoffs.

How many losses will it take to conclude that Huard has cooled off? One? Two? How many games will it take Green to get tuned up? One? Two? The margin of error is very thin. We can "afford" to lose 2, maybe 3 games in the next 8. We probably can't afford the number of losses it will take to first let Huard cool off and then let Green shake off the rust. By then we will be out of the playoff race.

Switch at the Oakland game if Green is healthy. We can proably win that game even if Green doesn't have his best day. Hope he takes no more than a game or two to tune up. Then make the playoff run with an offense that has a second level burst.

Don't know. But he's playing well enough for me to feel good with not making the change. No one has still answered why we want to bench the number 2 QB in the NFL who's on a three-game winning streak.

Maybe we should put Priest Holmes back in there when he comes back from injury too. [/smartass]

TinyEvel
11-07-2006, 11:35 PM
damn, I'm so tired of all the QBControvery chat (the ESPN guys showed a sliver of Herm's press conference and ran the title banner "Edwards says Huard might remain starter when Trent returns"
Bastages.
Sooo tired. So I'll enter the following analogic satirical quip:

This is like having an XBOX360 and you are given a PS3 as a gift. Which one do you list on eBay?

cdcox
11-07-2006, 11:36 PM
No one has still answered why we want to bench the number 2 QB in the NFL who's on a three-game winning streak.

Because I honestly don't believe he can keep it up for the next 12 games over 3 months against the best defenses in the NFL.

It's like you are up a grand in Vegas. You know you have bucked the odds to do this well. Walk away from the table while you're still ahead. We've got a freaking Pro-Bowl QB waiting in the wings.

boogblaster
11-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Green is the starter, you dont lose your job to injury..god bless Huard he has done his job, but what is the no.2 too do..be ready to play, thats his job, he gets paid to come in and play..this offence has done a good job without Green..but lets get real,the Defence has keep us in most of these wins..true Huard has come-back, but that is his job,Green could have done the same............

Count Alex's Losses
11-08-2006, 12:10 AM
lets get real,the Defense has keep us in most of these wins

Are you kidding me?

RINGLEADER
11-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Because I honestly don't believe he can keep it up for the next 12 games over 3 months against the best defenses in the NFL.

It's like you are up a grand in Vegas. You know you have bucked the odds to do this well. Walk away from the table while you're still ahead. We've got a freaking Pro-Bowl QB waiting in the wings.

With your thinking the Patriots would still have Drew Bledsoe under center. Your bet that Trent Green will be old Trent Green is every bit the question mark that Damon Huard can't keep it going for the next eight games like he has in the first seven.

Count Alex's Losses
11-08-2006, 12:12 AM

This is actually one of the most convincing arguments for Green I have read thus far. I'm not sure if there is really a big difference between Huard and Green after watching him for 8 games, however.

The Bad Guy
11-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Green is the starter, you dont lose your job to injury..god bless Huard he has done his job, but what is the no.2 too do..be ready to play, thats his job, he gets paid to come in and play..this offence has done a good job without Green..but lets get real,the Defense has keep us in most of these wins..true Huard has come-back, but that is his job,Green could have done the same............
The single dumbest thing was just said in this thread.

"The defense kept us in those games."

The defense gave up 117 points over 4 games.

You're right though, the defense won us those.

Oh, so now his comebacks are expected? When the **** are some of you going to give Huard his due?

If you don't lose your job to injury then the Patriots might have never found out what they had with Brady.

Is Huard Tom Brady? No, not a chance. But is Huard the best man to lead the 2006 Chiefs based on what I've seen from the last 6 games?

Absolutely

Is that any indication that I dislike Green or I'm bashing him?

No.

When you're winning in the NFL, you're walking a fine line when you disrupt team chemistry.

The name of the game is winning and not shaking up something that's going pretty well.

I don't know why that is so hard for people to grasp. If Huard sucks when Green is ready to play, put in Green. But if Green sucks, it could be a huge, huge blow to the momentum this team is building.

cdcox
11-08-2006, 12:29 AM
With your thinking the Patriots would still have Drew Bledsoe under center. Your bet that Trent Green will be old Trent Green is every bit the question mark that Damon Huard can't keep it going for the next eight games like he has in the first seven.

I'm amazed that people can't see past the statistics and the wins and losses to see the fundamental limitations of Huard. Slow release, not very aware of situation in the pocket, not finding passing lanes (passes batted), lack of touch on the screen, doesn't throw the deep out well. Brady was raw, but fundamentally strong when he took over for Bledsoe. Huard is doing a great job of managing things within his limited abilities, but he's not a guy to build the future on.

I agree that there is some risk that Green won't come back as the old Trent. But in my opinion, that chance is much smaller than the chance that Huard can keep it together long enough to win a SB.

greg63
11-08-2006, 12:35 AM
But during Edwardsí news conference on Tuesday, he cited the ďchemistryĒ created by Huardís 5-2 record as a starter as a factor in choosing between the two.

He also alluded that Greens Dr. had not released him to play yet. Geez the media is relentless on this issue. :shake:

boogblaster
11-08-2006, 01:03 AM
If this was last year wed be 2-6 without Green..this Defence has gave up points but nothing like it would have last year....

bronco610
11-08-2006, 01:38 AM
If you bring Trent back before he is ready you have the same problem as pitt. and Trent will not be the same. In our division you cant afford the games to get back on track before the playoffs.

DaneMcCloud
11-08-2006, 01:52 AM
Prove it.

You can't prove a negative. And negative is what very may will be after TG takes the field.

I still can't believe that after a 5-2 record as a starter and at least 2 games down the road, there are people clammering for TG.
12 games into the season with the division on the line!

I just don't get it. He hasn't played a complete game since January! January!

Just let the f*ckin' team play football. Please.

The Bad Guy
11-08-2006, 01:55 AM
If this was last year wed be 2-6 without Green..this Defense has gave up points but nothing like it would have last year....

If, if if.

It's not last year.

The defense has been better, but it's given up 117 points in 4 games. That's almost 30 PPG per.

So tell me again how the defense has won games for Huard.

Chiefnj
11-08-2006, 08:24 AM
I'm amazed that people can't see past the statistics and the wins and losses to see the fundamental limitations of Huard. Slow release, not very aware of situation in the pocket, not finding passing lanes (passes batted), lack of touch on the screen, doesn't throw the deep out well.

This is where I disagree with you. I think Huard has shown marked improvement in all of those areas as the season has progressed. 4 weeks ago he wouldn't have completed that long pass to Parker that he threw against the Rams. His passes are getting better, more accurate and his pocket presence is improving. He's improved in every aspect of his game, and there is no reason to believe he won't continue to improve. The Rams game has changed my opinion of him. He threw some nice balls, made some good reads and stayed in the pocket and completed throws even when he knew he would get hit. He's not only not screwing up, he's winning games.

For those who don't think Trent will be rusty in his first few starts, I share with you his numbers from the MONTH of September over the last three seasons.

2005 (3 games): 1 TD, 1 INT and a 77 QB rating.

2004 (3 games): 3 TD, 4 INT and a 73 QB rating.

2003 (4 games): 4 TD, 5 INT and a 78 QB rating.

boogblaster
11-08-2006, 08:58 AM
The D. gave up half them points in one game..nobody looked proffesional that day..O or D....

htismaqe
11-08-2006, 09:23 AM
You can't prove a negative. And negative is what very may will be after TG takes the field.

I still can't believe that after a 5-2 record as a starter and at least 2 games down the road, there are people clammering for TG.
12 games into the season with the division on the line!

I just don't get it. He hasn't played a complete game since January! January!

Just let the f*ckin' team play football. Please.

Exactly.

You can't prove a negative. Which means his statement is not fact, it's opinion.

As for Trent Green, Damon Huard's start against the Broncos was his FIRST IN FIVE YEARS.

All the Damon supporters want to cry about double-standards, well here it is.

boogblaster
11-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Im ashamed put me on the Huardwagon...GO HUARD GO CHIEFS

chiefsfan1963
11-08-2006, 09:45 AM

No one is questioning if Green is the better QB, we're questioning if he can come back the same QB we all know and love given his injury and the time he's been away.

htismaqe
11-08-2006, 09:48 AM
No one is questioning if Green is the better QB, we're questioning if he can come back the same QB we all know and love given his injury and the time he's been away.

That's a reasonable question to ask. But it's still just that, a QUESTION.

chiefsfan1963
11-08-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm amazed that people can't see past the statistics and the wins and losses to see the fundamental limitations of Huard. Slow release, not very aware of situation in the pocket, not finding passing lanes (passes batted), lack of touch on the screen, doesn't throw the deep out well. Brady was raw, but fundamentally strong when he took over for Bledsoe. Huard is doing a great job of managing things within his limited abilities, but he's not a guy to build the future on.

I agree that there is some risk that Green won't come back as the old Trent. But in my opinion, that chance is much smaller than the chance that Huard can keep it together long enough to win a SB.

nice point, and well taken. Herm will probably put Green in when he is a 100% and shows it definitively in practice. It would be nice if we are 6-3 rather than 5-4 when he finally comes back.

ct
11-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Haven't read all through yet, but just to make a point, if the hot topic in KC is that our backup QB is playing so damn well, we can't decide to sit him down, then this team is currently is pretty good shape!!

JakeT
11-08-2006, 10:23 AM
I haven't read all the posts so sorry if this is a duplicate but has anyone else seen how poorly Carson Palmer has been playing this year. They showed him on match up last week and once anyone is in the pocket and low he gets rid of the ball. He has missed Chad Johnson wide open on several occassions because he isn't setting his feet and making a read.
The season's half way over he's still feeling the impact of his injury.

We don't know how Green will respond but think of immediate two worst case scenarios --

If the Chiefs go with Green he going to feel extreme pressure to play well if plays poorly for 1 or 2 games -- fans will go irate Herm won't be able to give Trent time to get going -- they'll pull him early for Huard and most likely mentally ruin him if they need later in the season.

On the other hand if the Chiefs go with Huard an he eventually plays poorly Trent can come in with no pressure and be given more time to get back to where he needs to be.

I say go with Huard until he shows us to go with Trent.

Inspector
11-08-2006, 10:29 AM

Mom's been asking about you.

Her butt has quit hurting.

It's hard for her to find young guys interested in 80+ year old women.

She wants more man.

htismaqe
11-08-2006, 10:30 AM
**** it. Chiefnj convinced me.

We haven't won a playoff game in 14 years.

I'm on the bandwagon. Just win baby!

cdcox
11-08-2006, 11:13 AM
This is where I disagree with you. I think Huard has shown marked improvement in all of those areas as the season has progressed. 4 weeks ago he wouldn't have completed that long pass to Parker that he threw against the Rams. His passes are getting better, more accurate and his pocket presence is improving. He's improved in every aspect of his game, and there is no reason to believe he won't continue to improve. The Rams game has changed my opinion of him. He threw some nice balls, made some good reads and stayed in the pocket and completed throws even when he knew he would get hit. He's not only not screwing up, he's winning games.

For those who don't think Trent will be rusty in his first few starts, I share with you his numbers from the MONTH of September over the last three seasons.

2005 (3 games): 1 TD, 1 INT and a 77 QB rating.

2004 (3 games): 3 TD, 4 INT and a 73 QB rating.

2003 (4 games): 4 TD, 5 INT and a 78 QB rating.

I agree that Huard was better on those aspects in the St. Louis game, but the sample size was pretty small (15 passes) and he got 3 breaks on those 15 passes: two dropped INTS and a blitzer falling down at his feet. Huard is improving, but I know the game will come when the KC QB has to throw 30+ passes against a good defense, and with Huard, I think all the warts will appear in that situation. That is why I make the switch.

chiefsfan1963
11-08-2006, 11:17 AM
**** it. Chiefnj convinced me.

We haven't won a playoff game in 14 years.

I'm on the bandwagon. Just win baby!

You mean I convinced you. I know it's hard to admit an idiot like me convinced you. :p

cdcox
11-08-2006, 11:22 AM
One more analogy. The off-road vehicle of your favorite brand breaks down. You start driving your son's car, which is a 1992 Cavelier. You are convinced it will burst into flames when you turn on the engine. To your surprise the car starts safely, and you actually make it to work and back without getting stranded. A couple weeks later, you have to go across the state and your vehicle is still in the shop. No choice but to try the Cavelier. It runs like a champ! You start thinking about it, and this car does everything you ask it to do, go from point A to point B, reliably. In fact it does it just as well as your off-road vehichle, and uses less gas to boot. You start thinking about switching cars.

Meanwile, you look at your calandar, and notice that you have a family camping vacation coming up that requires you to go 1500 miles from home. The campsite is in a remote wilderness area, that requires 30 miles of off road driving, crossing shallow streams, etc.

You get a call from your mechanic. The off-road vehicle is finally fixed. There is a chance that the problem could re-emerge.

Which car do you take on the family vacation?

ct
11-08-2006, 11:24 AM

There is also a big difference b/n Trent Green and Damon Huard. Huard is the backup QB. He's come in a done his job beautifully!! And much to my surprise! Now, when Trent is ready, Huard will continue to do his job, and support this team from the sideline, and let our best QB resume his job, leading us to the playoffs.

Let's look at the bigger picture. He has 11 TDs to 6 TOs (1 INT, 5 FL). Still pretty good, but not so wonderful a picture as keeps being painted.

Face the reality bandwagoners, Trent Green is our best QB. When he's ready, he ... will ... play!

IMO, Herm is no more than screwing with the media, and keeping Huard motivated. If you keep that carrot out there, even a hint of it, then Damon will continue to play his azz off, and the team will continue to focus on and rally around him. And when Trent returns, in 2 weeks, at home, vs the hated Raiders, this team and the Arrowhead faithful, will energize like you can't believe!!! Man I wish I could be there, it will be sweet!!

Chiefnj
11-08-2006, 11:25 AM
... but I know the game will come when the KC QB has to throw 30+ passes against a good defense, and with Huard, I think all the warts will appear in that situation. That is why I make the switch.

I think Huard did well against San Diego and Seattle (two teams that I consider to have good defenses). Plus, Herm doesn't want to get into a situation where he has to throw 30+ passes a game - ball control and clock control especially against good teams.

However, I agree with you - in the long run if the Chiefs had to get into a shootout with the Colts in January, Green would probably be better suited for it. Then again, if Green is rusty in his first 3 or 4 games (as he usually is) then the Chiefs won't make the playoffs in the first place.

Whatever the choice is, Herm is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

htismaqe
11-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Whatever the choice is, Herm is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

That's the only part of this situation that is GUARANTEED.

No matter what happens, people will bitch about Herm.

cdcox
11-08-2006, 11:32 AM
That's the only part of this situation that is GUARANTEED.

No matter what happens, people will bitch about Herm.

Well if we won the SB with Huard, I for one would not bitch. But other than that, yeah.

htismaqe
11-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Well if we won the SB with Huard, I for one would not bitch. But other than that, yeah.

ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
11-08-2006, 12:32 PM
Lets see...

WE ARE 5-3, NOT 7-1...5-3 DOES NOT MEAN HUARD IS ANY BETTER THAN GREEN, IT MEANS WE ARE PLAYING WELL AS A TEAM, BUT HUARD HAS NOT BEEN MANNING-LIKE. GREEN NEEDS TO BE BACK IN THERE.

Glad I got that out.

ct
11-08-2006, 12:33 PM

Not so fast, cause then our Super Bowl QB is an UFA!

DAMNIT CARL!!! :cuss:

htismaqe
11-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Not so fast, cause then our Super Bowl QB is an UFA!

DAMNIT CARL!!! :cuss:

ROFL ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
11-08-2006, 03:13 PM
HUARD HAS NOT BEEN MANNING-LIKE.

Good point. He's actually completed a HIGHER percentage of his passes for first downs. He's been better than Manning.

kcirnamffoh
11-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Poor Herm is kind of in a fickle. The closer Green gets to 100% the more its going to be important to keep Huard motivated and confident and feeling important. So saying Trent is in on this date or that date lets Huard know that this or that game will be his last. That could break everybody's concentration.

I really believe this is Trent's team to win or lose. I do feel a sense of loyality towards him and would feel better about him being in there when the games get tough. Damon's success has been somewhat unspectacular and mostly predicated on LJ's being able to break free. He's just now starting to look off his first read and check down. You're going to already have to be comfortable with that like Green is when December roles around.

Green will start against Oakland. That's a home game and will be a better opportunity for him to acclimate himself back into live action.