PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet's new look

administrator
01-14-2001, 02:56 AM
Ok,

We finally have it back looking (kind of) like it did before. Are there any complaints? Any changes that anyone would like to see? Please give me any input and I'll see what can be done.

--Kyle

BigOlChiefsfan
01-14-2001, 04:27 AM
Much better! It's appreciated.

shakesthecat
01-14-2001, 05:41 AM
Looks great. Thanks for all yout hard work.

morphius
01-14-2001, 10:57 AM
I think we need to fix the fact that when you post on a thread you don't go to the newest page, but the oldest page, which is a pain.

The preview pain for IE was kind of nice as well, but not that important.

Thanks for putting the topic at the top again, makes it a lot easier. I like the layout at the top a bit better on this version.

NaptownChief
01-14-2001, 11:07 AM
This is as good as it has ever been...I like it.

Logical
01-14-2001, 11:45 AM
The following feature should come up disabled.

"Email Notification: emails sent to you whenever someone replies. Only registered users are eligible"

If I do not remember to disable it and the thread is an active one I get tons of e-mail I do not want.

Otherwise this is great again.

gh4chiefs
01-14-2001, 12:06 PM
Looks good Kyle,

Thanks for your hard work!

morphius
01-14-2001, 12:40 PM
Logical - Edit your profile, you can make it so it is auto off in there, I believe it is towards the bottom of the page.

morphius
01-14-2001, 12:54 PM
I would also like to have the signature, in the edit profile section, to be automatically off. But that is just me.

Frazod
01-14-2001, 01:05 PM
Nice work. I'm glad the topic is back at the top of the thread, and love the new features. Thanks.

administrator
01-14-2001, 01:30 PM
Ok guys...

The inline frame is back on the reply page....let me know if it is giving you any problems.

--Kyle

administrator
01-14-2001, 03:20 PM
I'm adding more smilies today...so check the faq and click on smilies to see all the new ones.

:bigsmirk:

--Kyle

Raiderhader
01-14-2001, 03:24 PM
:bigsmirk:
I like it!

Mark M
01-14-2001, 04:06 PM
To quote John Cleese in Monty Python's The Holy Grail:

ITSA VERRY NICE!

MM
~~Likes the new smilies ... Packfan should get spanked early and often!

DaKCMan AP
01-14-2001, 04:57 PM
It'd be better if the 'Forum Jump' was at the top of the page rather than the bottom since you start at the bottom and work your way up when reading posts.

Logical
01-14-2001, 08:27 PM
Thanks Morph,

Just as you said, edit profile let me turn the feature off.

Kyle,

As usual a superior job. Your efforts on our behalf are hugely appreciated. Just for this effort I think the Chiefs owe you a trip to the AFC Championship at least. Seriously your work is really appreciated.

Jim

ChiefsFanatic
01-15-2001, 12:32 AM
I wish there was an option for viewing posts in descending or ascending order.

Joe Seahawk
01-15-2001, 12:36 AM
:argue:

This one's cool..

Iowanian
01-15-2001, 08:25 AM
I think this is looking really good...i have 2 suggestions in a perfect world..

1. the arrowhead at the top makes it easy to get "busted" at work.

2. I'd like to see a "panic button" that would link to a simple spreadsheet or something...see problem 1.

You're doing a fine job :)

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-15-2001, 10:11 AM
Kyle,

Regarding the smilies:

I do like the devil's head that Cannibal posted and the face that goes from angel to devil and back, among some of the others he was posting here. If you could check out the thread those were appearing in and add them, it might be interesting.

Also, if you wanted to check out http://www.ravensnest2.com, they have a rather large variety of smilies that they have available both for topic headers as well as to put in the body of the message. YOu might want to contact 543Steve, their administrator. I'm certain he'd be willing to do a smiley swap with you. I know they don't have the "spank" icon and given the number of Squeeler fans they get invading their board, I know they'd love to be able to use it.

Just some thoughts.

ROYC75
01-15-2001, 10:22 AM
Kyle

How come my smilies don't show in the signature profile?

seclark
01-15-2001, 10:47 AM
iowa...they let you keep your pc that close the the burger grill?
did you ever get your deer, man?
sec

Iowanian
01-15-2001, 12:10 PM
sec,

#$#@(U^(&*%^)&$%*&%@#* deer!!! I smacked one hard with my good truck 1/4 mile from my folks' on the way home to hunt....then it snowed 10" and the wind blew...not much luck...i only had 2 shots and people were in the way...but lets say i'm not skunked....and not remotely close to "even"....but on the other hand, i felt guilty a couple of weeks ago, they were starving(and turkeys, pheasants etc..) because of the deep snow so i piled some ear corn in the timber......does that make me soft? i want them to die, but not like that.

I'm so confused....maybe i should call dr. laura :rolleyes:

seclark
01-15-2001, 12:17 PM
iowa...i hit 3turkeys Christmas afternnon w/my truck. blasted out my windshield bug shield, and grill.
just keep feeding them.
sec

administrator
01-15-2001, 09:27 PM
Iowanian,

I've worked on your idea. Change the URL from
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/
to
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB2/

then click down to any of the topics and see what direction I'm headed. I haven't changed the forumdisplay yet...but if everything works out I will.

Any suggestions? Is this kind of what you were looking for?

--Kyle

[Edited by administrator on 01-16-2001 at 02:33 AM]

administrator
01-16-2001, 04:19 AM
BTW...

Just in case anyone was wondering... the 'BB2' url is just a different front end to the database which stores the messages. So it won't matter if you use BB or BB2 ... I'll also see if I can cut out images and smilies from the BB2 section. Hopefully it can also be used by people with slow connections who just want straight text without all the frills.

Keep the suggestions comming...

--Kyle

Oh..and yes I know about the reply glitch that sends you to the wrong page... I'm working on it.

Iowanian,
If you have a different style of spreadsheet in mind...let me know.

Iowanian
01-16-2001, 08:00 AM
kyle,

thats very close to what i was thinking...I got the idea from http://www.ishouldbeworking.com there is a button called "panic" and it goes to a similar spreadsheet....this is very close to what i was thinking....good job.

I sit 4' from my feminazi boss back to back, so i normally just minimize the screen to the bottom 1/4...this will help alot..

thanks