PDA

View Full Version : New Broadcaster on the NFL Network

Simply Red
11-07-2006, 07:45 PM
He is a local radio personality here in Atlanta and a former player. Jamie Dukes, I really like what he brings to Total Access. He brings personality, fairly intelligent comments and completely unbiased answers that are fact-based. IMO BTW.

Your feedback if any-->

Sully
11-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Is he related to Bo and Luke?

Basileus777
11-07-2006, 07:56 PM
I couldn't stand Dukes at first, but he has grown on me. He's obnoxious, but in an entertaining way.

Simply Red
11-07-2006, 08:05 PM
I can understand the obnoxiousness you are feeling. But hearing him on our local AM sports talk daily, I can tell you he is very smart and brings a rare unbiased viewpoint.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2006, 08:09 PM
I like him. I was wondering who he was and where he came from.

Hes well spoken and articulate...

Simply Red
11-07-2006, 08:21 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Dukes <<<FYI

Simply Red
06-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Wanted to bump this. His first show w/ Rich Eisen tonight. Jamie Dukes knows more about football than anyone on this bd.

Demonpenz
06-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Wanted to bump this. His first show w/ Rich Eisen tonight. Jamie Dukes knows more about football than anyone on this bd.

Well i would sure ****ing hope so because he is getting paid money too and has access to shit we don't.

PriestMVP31
06-13-2007, 08:50 PM
too bad he hates the Chiefs. He said so on draft day.

Simply Red
06-13-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm a bit biased though. He was a local personality on 680 the fan here in Atlanta.

Ultra Peanut
06-13-2007, 08:54 PM
DON'T BUY BLUTH!

Simply Red
06-13-2007, 08:54 PM
too bad he hates the Chiefs. He said so on draft day.

I'm sure he said, "I hate the Chiefs."

I'm not buying that. BTW, I've heard him discuss the Chiefs before.

PriestMVP31
06-13-2007, 08:55 PM
He did flat out say 'I really don't care for the Chiefs.' =The politically correct way of saying he hates them. I was furious when he flat out said it.

chiefforlife
06-13-2007, 08:56 PM
He has been on the show for quite a while now, I couldnt decide if I like him or not until he said he hates the Chiefs and wouldnt even comment on their draft.

Demonpenz
06-13-2007, 08:58 PM
That was him I almost forgot about that lol

Simply Red
06-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Hmm, this is a first I've heard of that. He's always openly discussed situations regarding the Chiefs everytime I've heard him speak.

kcfanXIII
06-13-2007, 09:01 PM
kc's draft this year was kinda hard to grade. i won't try to grade it till preseason at least. i think that it was his way of dodging the question. maybe thats because i like his energy on NFL gameday, so i like him and don't want to believe he is a chiefs hater.

milkman
06-13-2007, 09:02 PM
He did flat out say 'I really don't care for the Chiefs.' =The politically correct way of saying he hates them. I was furious when he flat out said it.

Hey, at least he's honest about it.

I'd rather have someone tell me they hate them than try to sell the idea that they are unbiased.

BigRock
06-13-2007, 09:02 PM
He didn't say he "hated" the Chiefs. Someone emailed his segment on draft day to ask him how he thought KC was doing, and his response was basically "I don't know, I'm not a Chiefs' fan, I'm not paying any attention to them. Next topic!"

Which I actually thought was more honest than most any other talking head would do, 'cause most of them would just BS their way through an uninformed answer and end up looking stupid to anyone who really does follow the Chiefs. Still, though, any KC fan who saw that will have trouble ever taking him seriously.

Demonpenz
06-13-2007, 09:03 PM
He didn't say he "hated" the Chiefs. Someone emailed his segment on draft day to ask him how he thought KC was doing, and his response was basically "I don't know, I'm not a Chiefs' fan, I'm not paying any attention to them. Next topic!"

Which I actually thought was more honest than most any other talking head would do, 'cause most of them would just BS their way through an uninformed answer and end up looking stupid to anyone who really does follow the Chiefs. Still, though, any KC fan who saw that will have trouble ever taking him seriously.

They have to be able to create turnovers and protect the ball and get the running game going.

PriestMVP31
06-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Agreed, BigRock. I can see it like that.

Even after hearing him say that, I still value his opinions. He is pretty good at what he does.

Simply Red
06-13-2007, 09:06 PM

Thanks for the clarification. JD lives in Atlanta and we see little regarding Chiefs football. Plus he used to play for Atlanta so exposure was at a minimum for him.

Simply Red
06-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Agreed, BigRock. I can see it like that.

Even after hearing him say that, I still value his opinions. He is pretty good at what he does.
Yeah, trust me had I ever heard him dis KC Football I'd have cut ties w/ him. It is most likely an exposure or lack thereof thing. He for sure knows what he's talking about.

Chieftain58
06-13-2007, 09:12 PM
I think he is annoying

Fishpicker
06-13-2007, 10:05 PM
JD is so much better than Eisen or Faulk

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-13-2007, 10:09 PM
He's a fat f*ck who hates the Chiefs. 4321 Dukes

Guru
06-13-2007, 10:10 PM
So when are they going to fire Bumble?

crazycoffey
06-13-2007, 10:19 PM
I remember him saying something about the chiefs another time, but generally for a Media personality that doesn't like the chiefs, he is a refreshing perspective over King and the other SI monkeys, any name on on Fox (names escape me), or any of the other networks. My favorite chief hater, that is...... I still like Jaws, FWIW.....

crazycoffey
06-13-2007, 10:23 PM
So when are they going to fire Bumble?

I would be willing to pay extra for either a "fan announcer" or dead silence in the booth (I don't want to mute, I want to hear the hits and stuff in the crowd) over hearing Gumbling Bumbling Stumbling ever ever ever again....

Guru
06-13-2007, 10:25 PM
I would be willing to pay extra for either a "fan announcer" or dead silence in the booth (I don't want to mute, I want to hear the hits and stuff in the crowd) over hearing Gumbling Bumbling Stumbling ever ever ever again....
A fan announcer sounds interesting. But yeah, I would rather no announcer at all than Bumble.

crazycoffey
06-13-2007, 11:11 PM
A fan announcer sounds interesting. But yeah, I would rather no announcer at all than Bumble.

I kinda feel bad, he seems a good guy, and his work on the morning/today show (whatever it was called) was good/fine. But damn his playcalling on football was horrible......

Ultra Peanut
06-13-2007, 11:18 PM
A fan announcer sounds interesting.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/54FMU__LGI4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/54FMU__LGI4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UYHStJ5S0yU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UYHStJ5S0yU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

crazycoffey
06-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Hey Ultra Peanut, you saying they were worse than Brian Gumble?????