Logical
11-09-2006, 01:11 AM
Chiefs 27 Miami 13

SLAG
11-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Chiefs 27 Miami 20

greg63
11-09-2006, 01:15 AM
We win, but it won't be a cake walk. I agree with SLAG 27-20 Chiefs.

11-09-2006, 01:31 AM
Chiefs 24-23

Direckshun
11-09-2006, 01:33 AM
Miami has kicked into gear. They are not the rollovers they once were. They have found a decent defense that practically laid down for teams for much of the season. They have discovered a running game so the passing game isn't forced and Harrington's passes were sitting ducks for safeties and linebackers across the league.

I believe victory hinges on two things: protecting Huard from the Fins' revived defensive line, and completely shutting down the Fins' own running game.

LJ will get his yards, no problem. But he'll need a passing game from Huard that can be every bit as efficient as it was last week. Huard can make plenty of noise on his own, but if the O-line can give him a solid three to five seconds to scour the field, the offense will be a sure thing. Huard will find his receivers and LJ will run wild. If this happens, expect no more than 20 passes from Huard this week.

On the defensive side, the only way Harrington is a lethal passer is if his air game isn't forced. He needs a good run game to take the pressure off his arm -- he's not elite, and he's not going to pass the ball 60 times a game and be very successful.

The Chiefs therefore must absolutely stop the run. And I mean no run game whatsoever. The defense has proven this year they can shut down even talented running backs to sub-70 yards, and that's what they'll need to do here. If Miami can't run and we continue to score, it'll force Harrington to air it out, and our talented veteran secondary will eat him for lunch.

Our offensive line has been very impressive, all things considered. Bober did his job great, Black has been consistently strong, and Turley has more than held his own. At this point, oddly enough, Welbourne is our only serious weakness at O-line.

The line will be able to cover Damon for 3 to 5 seconds, allowing Damon to pick apart the Fins. LJ will run wild. Chiefs will score early, and will score often.

The Dolphins' run game will find little room to breathe in the first half -- no more than 50 yards up to halftime. They'll have no offense to speak of until the third quarter, when Harrington will be forced to throw for his life. He'll have some success, but for every TD he throws he'll throw an INT. Allen will wreak havoc in the backfield.

If KC comes to this game primed and ready to dominate, they will.

Chiefs, folks. 35 to 17.

TinyEvel
11-09-2006, 01:41 AM
Direckshun, do you work for Herm? I've copied your post and sent it to Carl, to forward to Herm, or...Bob Gretz.

Easy 6
11-09-2006, 06:45 AM
I cant see us putting up 30+ every game, or even high 20's every game. There will still be some struggles, and i think we might struggle this week. Fins have to much talent not to go on a mid-season roll. We win, but not big.

KC13 - fins10

chagrin
11-09-2006, 06:49 AM
I am glad to see this thread, noticed the new Dolphins fan that joined up so I am waiting to se him post.

I remember that in the 90s we couldn't beat Miami in Miami, will we beat them and by how much?

YES

CHIEFS - 17
Miami - 10, or even just 9 - Joey can't throw, he couldn't hit wide open targets in Detroit, and he is still overthrowing wide open targets in Miami. I think if anything, Ronnie Brown will be their key to winning. Other than that, Olindo Mare will be their only offense.

CoMoChief
11-09-2006, 07:14 AM
KC23 MIA 17

alnorth
11-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Miami 31 KC 10

Huard throws for 190 yards with 2 interceptions and a fumble.

Warrior5
11-09-2006, 08:17 AM
KC 27
MIA 24

D: Force TOs, contain run, force Harrington to throw. JA & TH: pressure Harrington. Sack Harrington. Crush Harrington.

O: Keep doing what you've done the last 3 games. NO TOs!! Chip Taylor a LOT.

ST: pin 'em deep Dustin. Dante: run forward.

siberian khatru
11-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Fins 17
Chiefs 13

Just got some bad mojo on this -- I think we self-destruct and regret losing a game we should've won. We've skated on the edge of that recently, and I think the back-end of a 2-week road trip, in Miami, will catch up to us.

As usual, I hope I'm wrong. If we protect the football, I think we win 24-13 or something like that.

Fairplay
11-09-2006, 08:34 AM
If we do lose it will quickly put an end to the 'keep Huard in' people.

Archie Bunker
11-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Miami 23
KC 17

4th and Long
11-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Jeeez. What a bunch of non-believers we have here. Chicago gift wrapped that game for Miami last week, committing 6 turnovers.

Demonpenz
11-09-2006, 09:20 AM
miami 3
kansas city 2

Katie
11-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Fins 17
Chiefs 13

Just got some bad mojo on this -- I think we self-destruct and regret losing a game we should've won. We've skated on the edge of that recently, and I think the back-end of a 2-week road trip, in Miami, will catch up to us.

As usual, I hope I'm wrong. If we protect the football, I think we win 24-13 or something like that.

I disagree with this. I have a good feeling about this game, simply because Herm seems to understand how to prepare the team to play on the road. Last year, no way we win in St. Louis with the injuries we had in the second half.

This team is tough, I don't see us getting caught unprepared as in in the Pitt game.

Rooster
11-09-2006, 09:35 AM
Chiefs 24

Fins 16

boogblaster
11-09-2006, 09:41 AM
KC 21 .... Fish 10 ..... GO ... CHIEFS .....

Braincase
11-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Chiefs - Infinity, Army of Mini-Ditka's - 0

siberian khatru
11-09-2006, 10:02 AM
I disagree with this. I have a good feeling about this game, simply because Herm seems to understand how to prepare the team to play on the road. Last year, no way we win in St. Louis with the injuries we had in the second half.

This team is tough, I don't see us getting caught unprepared as in in the Pitt game.

Excuse us, honey, the men are discussing football. Go fix me a sammich!

:p

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-09-2006, 10:13 AM
We will stop the run. NOBODY runs on this D. Allen and Hali will be all over Harrington. My only worry is containing Jason Taylor. How many times will he strip the ball from Huard? I say Chiefs 35 Fins 9.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Wow nobody is picking them to lose-Amazing!

KC 35 Fins 13

Joey Harringbone reminds everyone why he sucked so bad in Detroit.

banyon
11-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Fins 24 Chiefs 17

DaFace
11-09-2006, 10:54 AM
This really isn't a prediction, but I didn't think this was worth of its own thread. The dude at pro-football-reference.com (http://www.pro-football-reference.com) is attempting to predict outcomes of games statistically in his blog based on the outcomes of similar games in the past. Here's what he said about the Chiefs vs Miami game:

Kansas City (5-3) at Miami (2-6)
Old games: 5-3 teams are 7-1 against 2-6 teams, but five of those games came at home (remember, this is just the flip-side of the Cle/Atl and Hou/Jac games). 5-3 teams are 3-0 on the road. Example: 1988, New York Giants (5-3) won in Detroit, 13-10.

New games: 5-3 teams are 4-1, but just 1-1 when on the road. Example: 2001, Philadelphia (5-3) won in Dallas, 36-3.

Prediction: Kansas City (-2.5) seems like a strong bet; road 5-3 teams are 4-1 all time. As is the case in this specific matchup, generally 5-3 teams are playing for the playoffs, while 2-6 teams have less at stake. History isn’t a great guide here though, so be careful basing much on the sample size of just two games since 1990.

Halfcan
11-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Fins 24 Chiefs 17

jinx :shake:

StcChief
11-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Chiefs 23
'phins 16

CupidStunt
11-09-2006, 11:18 AM
KC 20
MIA 24

Chief Chief
11-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Chiefs 24
Flippers 13

ChiefsCountry
11-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Miami 21
Chiefs 17

KCGridironBeast
11-09-2006, 01:38 PM
For all the people that are picking Miami to win, remember that this is the same Dolphins team that has lost to Green Bay, New York Jets, Houston, and Buffalo. Aside from that miraculous win last week in which a ton of things went Miami's way, they've only managed to BARELY beat Tennessee, which is possibly the worst team in all of football. Because the game is on the road, it's going to be tougher than normal, but if the Chiefs are anywhere close to as good as we think they are, they should win this game.

Kansas City 31, Miami 20.

JBucc
11-09-2006, 01:41 PM
KC-21
Miami-13

Inspector
11-09-2006, 01:50 PM
It is my belief that the Chiefs will win if they can, in fact, prevent the fins from scoring as many points as themselves.

I could be wrong, but I'm sticking with this one.

KCGridironBeast
11-09-2006, 01:52 PM
It is my belief that the Chiefs will win if they can, in fact, prevent the fins from scoring as many points as themselves.

I could be wrong, but I'm sticking with this one.

An excellent point. Did you know that the Chiefs are undefeated in their franchise history when leading after four quarters of play?

Inspector
11-09-2006, 01:56 PM
An excellent point. Did you know that the Chiefs are undefeated in their franchise history when leading after four quarters of play?

This is why I come to Chiefsplanet.

You just can't buy valuable information like this.

I wasn't aware of this fact, but I have no problem believing you are correct.

I've been looking for stats on their winning % when they have less points at the end of overtime games, but so far can't find anything.

Hootie
11-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Chiefs 24
Dolphins 20

CHENZ A!
11-09-2006, 08:40 PM
I just have a bad feeling about this game. You just don't know what Chiefs team will show, up if at all, on the road. I really hope that our defense can play tough like they did @Den, and our offense can control the clock, and NOT TURN IT OVER.

Skyy God
11-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Chiefs 28, Miami 21.

Why? Because I'm playing Ronnie and Chambers this week and my opponent has Tynes.

KChiefs1
11-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Miami has kicked into gear. They are not the rollovers they once were. They have found a decent defense that practically laid down for teams for much of the season. They have discovered a running game so the passing game isn't forced and Harrington's passes were sitting ducks for safeties and linebackers across the league.

I believe victory hinges on two things: protecting Huard from the Fins' revived defensive line, and completely shutting down the Fins' own running game.

LJ will get his yards, no problem. But he'll need a passing game from Huard that can be every bit as efficient as it was last week. Huard can make plenty of noise on his own, but if the O-line can give him a solid three to five seconds to scour the field, the offense will be a sure thing. Huard will find his receivers and LJ will run wild. If this happens, expect no more than 20 passes from Huard this week.

On the defensive side, the only way Harrington is a lethal passer is if his air game isn't forced. He needs a good run game to take the pressure off his arm -- he's not elite, and he's not going to pass the ball 60 times a game and be very successful.

The Chiefs therefore must absolutely stop the run. And I mean no run game whatsoever. The defense has proven this year they can shut down even talented running backs to sub-70 yards, and that's what they'll need to do here. If Miami can't run and we continue to score, it'll force Harrington to air it out, and our talented veteran secondary will eat him for lunch.

Our offensive line has been very impressive, all things considered. Bober did his job great, Black has been consistently strong, and Turley has more than held his own. At this point, oddly enough, Welbourne is our only serious weakness at O-line.

The line will be able to cover Damon for 3 to 5 seconds, allowing Damon to pick apart the Fins. LJ will run wild. Chiefs will score early, and will score often.

The Dolphins' run game will find little room to breathe in the first half -- no more than 50 yards up to halftime. They'll have no offense to speak of until the third quarter, when Harrington will be forced to throw for his life. He'll have some success, but for every TD he throws he'll throw an INT. Allen will wreak havoc in the backfield.

If KC comes to this game primed and ready to dominate, they will.

Chiefs, folks. 35 to 17.

you've nailed the whole game right here....:clap:

mylittlepony
11-10-2006, 12:05 AM
I actually dremt that number 18 would score one. I was going through the day yesterday cursing myself cause I couldnt remember who nr 18 was. As I got home my fears came through as I went onto the NFL homepage "Sammie Parker". Is there a way of betting on a certain player to score a TD in a game? If so I'm gonna put some money on Sammie Parker. Im seriously considering picking him up on my FFL team.

Rausch
11-10-2006, 12:08 AM
28-18 Chiefs.

We've regressed in rush defense and you know they'll want to key on that, just like we would.

I wouldn't expect us to really pull away until late in the 3rd.

This team's is about fight and heart, not about flash. They won't be going away. Late in the game is when our offense and defense both seem to click...

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 12:18 AM
28-18 Chiefs.

We've regressed in rush defense and you know they'll want to key on that, just like we would.

I wouldn't expect us to really pull away until late in the 3rd.

This team's is about fight and heart, not about flash. They won't be going away. Late in the game is when our offense and defense both seem to click...

3rd Quarter? We have been terrible on both sides of the ball after half time-but I hope you are right.

KurtCobain
11-10-2006, 12:29 AM
huard 3 TDs MAYBE an interception..
LJ 3 TDs(one receiving) 25 carries 113 yards
kennison will have a good day

joey harrington 1 TD 2 interceptions
ronnie brown 15 carries for 50 - 60 yards no TDs

chiefs - 35
dolphins - 7

Hootie
11-10-2006, 12:32 AM
I'll tell you one thing...I am absolutely not worried, IN THE LEAST BIT, about Ronnie Brown.

I think we will shut him down, less than 50 yards rushing.

I am, however, worried about our secondary...I think our secondary is horrible.

At this point, play Pollard over Wesley. I liked what I saw from Pollard when he was in for a short time in the 4th quarter...and Knight, other than being a good run stopper, is terrible in coverage.

If you want to play Knight, play him on running downs...or at least give Pollard more snaps at this point.

I'd also like to see more man coverage. We just aren't getting the cover 2 down.