PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Raiders Loss/Ravens Victory

Frazod
01-14-2001, 06:22 PM
1. Condolances to JQ, Duck and Gannon.

2. A big BITE ME to Brock, Denise and Overhead.

3. I'm kind of sickened by seeing Benedict Modell hoist the AFC trophy, but other than that its okay.

4. Every football fan in Cleveland will be rooting for the Giants, and much to their chagrin Baltimore will win the SB.

KCWolfman
01-14-2001, 06:27 PM
Tim - If I may, I would like to extend your thoughts verbatim to the people mentioned......

Tough Luck for the good guys you mentioned...

But after last season and the obvious thrill from a bunch of Chiefs fans(?) at being knocked out of the playoffs, this is about as close to perfect revenge as you could ask.

ROYC75
01-14-2001, 06:29 PM
frazod

Agree with #1...Sorry guys,just could't root for ya...NICE SEASON!

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!:D

NaptownChief
01-14-2001, 06:35 PM
As much as it pains me to see Trent Dilfer's name get added to the list of Super Bowl QB's at least we will be able to live a somewhat peaceful existence with these Raider fans being kicked back down to earth...It would have been tough going around here had they picked up a ring... Now they are no better off this decade than us, one unsuccessful trip to the AFC championship....The good news is that there two best players are also their oldest....

Frazod
01-14-2001, 06:39 PM
Good points, guys. While we don't like the Raiders, we must admit they had a great season (GOD THAT HURT). I'd certainly have taken it over ours (minus the results of the Broncos games, of course).

I should have added:

5. Disgusted by Sharpe going to another SB, and the fact that he'll likely get another ring. :mad:

Off to see Thirteen Days. See you later.

mlyonsd
01-14-2001, 07:15 PM
F the Raiders.

Welcome to mediocraty.

Red and Gold Mania
01-14-2001, 07:52 PM
CHIEFS in 2001!

...and to break that jinx in Jacksonville finally. I will be there rooting for the Red and Gold.

Red and Gold Mania
01-14-2001, 07:53 PM
oh yeah.

F the Raiders. They took one in the *** today. :D

ChiefsFanatic
01-14-2001, 08:46 PM
I too hate the Raiders. I probably could not have been happier, except for a Chiefs trip to the Superbowl. And it makes it even sweeter that Andre Rison might have cost them a chance to kick an onside kick.

first he drops a ball on the 1 because he is afraid to get hit, then pushes off in the endzone.

Also, I do not blame Modell for leaving Cleveland. He asked for help in building a new stadium. The fans (voters) said no. The stadium was worse than Vetern's Stadium in Philly. If they had such great fans, they should have voted for the new stadium.

If Arrowhead was run down, and the Chiefs needed a new stadium, I think we would vote for it. I would anyway. Cleveland fans who live in Cleveland should only blame themselves.

Go Ravens.

Frazod
01-14-2001, 10:43 PM
ChiefsFanatic, I must disagree with your assessment of Modell. From what I remember, the situation was similar to St. Louis - the fans wanted results out of a team that hadn't done dick for years before sinking money into a new stadium. Much like the Cardinals, the organization put a sh!tty product on the field and simply didn't deserve a new stadium. I also believe that these organizations owe something to the communities they play in, and turncoat organizations who abandon their cities and fans do a great disservice to football in general. Think about how you'd feel if Lamar relocated the Chiefs. While it may have been a good move for Art financially, as a fan, I think he sucks. I likewise think Bidwell, Davis and the scumbag who owns the Colts suck, too. These people have been made rich by the fans, and owe them loyalty in return, new stadium or no new stadium.

BTW, Thirteen Days was great.

TheFly
01-14-2001, 11:11 PM
I hate the Raiders, but thought Gannon was just manhandled by the Ravens. They stopped the dink'n'dunk really well. Shutdown the run. And after that it was all downhill. The Ravens defense probably is the best in the league. The Raiders did not plan well for it. Maybe there was nothing they could do.

Sorry for Gannon because he didn't win the big game. Sorrier for Denise because she's definitely crying in her beer on this one!!!!

;)

ChiefsFanatic
01-14-2001, 11:17 PM
Frazod,

The Browns went to the AFC Championship game in 1986, 1987, and in 1989. That is recent enough. Also, when Modell left, they claimed that they always supported their team, and it was wrong for him to leave. I say, if they loved their team, they should have voted for the new stadium.

If you ever had the mispleasure of attending a game there, you would not even think that way. That stadium was a dump with bleachers. It made The Vet look like Arrowhead. Voting for the new stadium would also have allowed Modell more money for the signing bonuses through PSLs. And at that time signing bounses were necessary to sign players. The new stadium would have made it possible to put quality players on the field.

If they had voted for the new stadium, it would be the Browns in the Superbowl. Not only did that vote cost them their team, it cost them a Superbowl.

I am not a Browns fan, nor am I a Modell fan, I just call it like I see it.

Joe Seahawk
01-14-2001, 11:25 PM
Did anyone notice in the Raiders first series when Michael Mcrary sacked Gannon and rolled his shoulder to the turf?

The announcers didn't say anything but I noticed his arm was hanging limp as he got up. I think this might be when he was injured, he never threw well after that sack. Then when Siragusa pancaked him he was through..He should have never came back in at all IMO.

Gannon is tough, I'll give him that, but Gruden should have pulled him as he was worthless after that.....Joe

ChiefsFanatic
01-14-2001, 11:33 PM
Joe,

I read an interview on cnnsi, and he stated that he was indeed hurt early in the first quarter. How perceptive of you, I did not even notice.

TCB
01-14-2001, 11:36 PM
Raiders loss was very satisfying! Gannon came thru with 2 int's and a fumble. Rison did his part at the end of the game. Man it was great! All I can say is They better be in good shape on their salary cap. They are going to be in need of a FA at QB and WR. I don't see that they are making any future plans at these positions with youth. They will be back to their old Faiders next year.

Joe Seahawk
01-14-2001, 11:44 PM
Chiefs fanatic,
I was at my grandma's birthday party today, so I recorded the game and had the luxury of replay etc...

Every damn year theres something that comes up and prevents me from watching the AFC and NFC championship games live!

Oh well.

I'm pretty sure thats the hit that messed him up though.
Of course the Siragusa pancake was no picnic either...Joe

5decadechiefsfan
01-15-2001, 12:08 AM
Chiefsfanatic(post#8)...you're actually letting Rison off easily--the Raiders could have been within 6 with over 4 minutes left, and possessing 2 time-outs, I believe...a much brighter picture than having to recover an onsides kick. Rison proved that what goes around, comes around, that is, after all those franchises(supposedly) stuck it to him, he stuck it to the Raiders and their fans...you gotta love it!!

Frazod
01-15-2001, 12:10 AM
ChiefsFanatic, I had always heard the place was a dump. They certainly needed a new one. Maybe the fans should supported them more, but I will always feel that the Browns shouldn't have deserted them. I just can't help looking at this as more of a game than a business. My romantic notions in this regard are certainly lost in modern times.

And you are correct, it did cost them a Super Bowl. I'll bet the whole city is fuming right now. Oh well.

ChiefsFanatic
01-15-2001, 01:06 AM
Hey, did anyone see the Raider punch Raven player under the chin? I felt like the Goose falling on gannon was cheap at first, but when I remembered that punch, I thought turnabout's fair play.

Then I thought back to all the cheap shots the Raiders have delivered over the years, and then I thought "Hell yeah"

While writing this post I just heard Tyrone Wheatley say he still did not believe in the Ravens' defense. man is he stupid.

Spott
01-15-2001, 06:35 AM
My only condolences go out to the fans in Cleveland who now have to watch their old team that ran out on them play in the Super Bowl.