PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Mindcrime Show

JonesCrusher
11-11-2006, 09:25 AM
I am going to see the Queensryche Operation: Mindcrime show in Chicago burbs this coming friday for the third time on this tour. Are there any other fans out there? Has anyone else seen the show?

Dark Horse
11-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Haven't been to the show or even heard mind crime 2 is it good ? I liked mind crime one and most of their earlier stuff.

Reaper16
11-13-2006, 07:02 PM
One in KC back in September was nice. The Mindcrime II album made me fear that Geoff didn't have the pipes anymore to do the old material, but the live show put those fears to rest.

Dark Horse
11-13-2006, 07:26 PM
One in KC back in September was nice. The Mindcrime II album made me fear that Geoff didn't have the pipes anymore to do the old material, but the live show put those fears to rest.

I think he has kind of held his voice back lately and stayed away from the really operatic vocals. He has seemed to evolve in each album since Warning. It's kind of a shame really if you have such a God given talent you should use it. There is no way I would hold myself back if I could sing like that.

JonesCrusher
11-13-2006, 07:46 PM
I think he has kind of held his voice back lately and stayed away from the really operatic vocals. He has seemed to evolve in each album since Warning. It's kind of a shame really if you have such a God given talent you should use it. There is no way I would hold myself back if I could sing like that.

I have to respectfully disagree, Mindcrime 2 I think he pushes his vocals to the limit. His duets with Pamella Moore( the Mary character) are very operatic. Also the duet with Dio (Dr X) is mindblowing, their voices mesh great. Also the song of Promised Land "Someone Else" he really belts it out.

Dark Horse
11-13-2006, 07:49 PM
I have to respectfully disagree, Mindcrime 2 I think he pushes his vocals to the limit. His duets with Pamella Moore( the Mary character) are very operatic. Also the duet with Dio (Dr X) is mindblowing, their voices mesh great. Also the song of Promised Land "Someone Else" he really belts it out.

Haven't heard mindcrime 2 yet will probably purchase it within the week.
That would be nice to hear him get back to doing what he does best.