PDA

View Full Version : Let's keep supporting Huard

BigRock
11-12-2006, 06:25 PM
There seems to be a lot of people ready to wash their hands of Huard today. And I was as unhappy with his performance as anyone. But as people have been pointing out, Trent hasn't been cleared to play yet. It's not a guarantee that he'll be able to play against the Raiders next week.

And if he's not, then there's no way Trent will play the Denver game either. That's not a game you want to throw him into. And, more importantly, it's too short a week. Even if we were playing Baylor or somebody, if Trent isn't the starter on Sunday then they aren't going to have him start Thursday. It's not enough practice time.

So as much as we'd like to see Trent in there, we may still have Huard for a few more games. He's done a great job up until today, let's not turn our backs on him just yet. He deserves our support.

Just hope that he rebounds from today and holds it together well enough for Trent to have something to play for when he comes back.

Sure-Oz
11-12-2006, 06:31 PM
I've been supporting him since he took over, i just knew when Trent is ready, that he would return and start, no matter how Huard was playing. He has done a great job, we could easily have 6 or 7 losses.

craneref
11-12-2006, 06:34 PM
I agree that Huard could have played better, but his line didn't help at all today, nor did the continuous drops by open receivers ot the total mis-use of LJ who only carried 18 times and not at all when we were in the REd Zone the first time. The one play where he just barely overthrew Tony G was a good throw, however TG was held by the LB which of course NEVER gets called. There was a long pass to Kennison where the DB doesn't turn around and sticks his hands in Kennison face. I am not making excuses for the poor passing performance, however, I think it was more of a CHIEFS problem than just Huard. You got to admit to be impressed that the Dolphins didn't hold ONE time during the entire game, NOT!! Almost every big rushing play was a CHIEF defender getting tackled or bear hugged by the Dolphins, but I expect the CHIEFS to get NO calls.

Gonzo
11-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Not to point out the obvious but, Huard throws his high percentage passes and takes care of the ball. You can win with that but not on a consistant basis. He is not the play maker Green is and while he has done an admirable job, Green would have won the game today and more than likely won the game at Denver. It's true that Green takes chances but his reaction time is so much better than Huard's. I think he handles the high pressure situations a bit better. (Of course he's had a bit more experience at it too.)

chief husker
11-12-2006, 07:21 PM
If today didn't convince anyone of the need for a top O line pick, well then............................You are stupid.

milkman
11-12-2006, 07:25 PM
If today didn't convince anyone of the need for a top O line pick, well then............................You are stupid.

The problem is, we also need a top DT pick.

the Talking Can
11-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Let's keep supporting the New Coke.

chief husker
11-12-2006, 07:35 PM
The problem is, we also need a top DT pick.

So many needs.............

FAX
11-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Let's keep supporting wireless bras.

FAX

the Talking Can
11-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Let's keep supporting parachute pants.

boogblaster
11-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Green in..Fox out..New Oline in..

Simply Red
11-12-2006, 07:49 PM
I HATE SPORTS AND I HATE BEING A DAMN CHIEF FAN. I FEEL BETRAYED WE LOST TO A LOWLY DOLPHINS TEAM TODAY. ARI LOST HIS MOJO WE HAVE ZERO RESILIENCE(sp) I HAVE NO FAITH ANYMORE. SICK AND TIRED OF NO STEADINESS SICK OF NEVER HAVING A GOOD FEELING IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON. CARL CARES ONLY ABOUT SELLING TICKETS!

SORRY JUST VENTING GUYS. I HAVE REALLY LOST IT.

luv
11-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Let's keep supporting wireless bras.

FAX
Why? They offer little support.

:)

Deberg_1990
11-12-2006, 08:05 PM
I HATE SPORTS AND I HATE BEING A DAMN CHIEF FAN. I FEEL BETRAYED WE LOST TO A LOWLY DOLPHINS TEAM TODAY. ARI LOST HIS MOJO WE HAVE ZERO RESILIENCE(sp) I HAVE NO FAITH ANYMORE. SICK AND TIRED OF NO STEADINESS SICK OF NEVER HAVING A GOOD FEELING IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON. CARL CARES ONLY ABOUT SELLING TICKETS!

SORRY JUST VENTING GUYS. I HAVE REALLY LOST IT.

I think you just summed up how the entire Chiefs fanbase feels about right now.

30+ years of this shit.....sigh...

18 years of (5 year plan) CP

milkman
11-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Why? They offer little support.

:)

In that case, we should support what wireless bras are supposed to.

Chieftain58
11-12-2006, 08:49 PM
I support winning... Huard could have played better and we need an OT more than a DT

milkman
11-12-2006, 08:54 PM
I support winning... Huard could have played better and we need an OT more than a DT

I would disagree with that.

Our secondary, right now, isn't bad, but they need help, and that help is from a consistent pass rush.

If we had a DT that could get consistent penetration, then Allen and Hali would really be creating havoc.

The need is nearly equal.

You take the best available.

burt
11-12-2006, 09:30 PM
It was a bad day. I am not throwing in the towel. Huard is still capable. The entire team played flat. I hate our inconsistancy.

On to next week......

CHENZ A!
11-12-2006, 09:33 PM
only 2 and 1/2 more hours until Raider week. then we can forget about this ****ing mess. I might just go to bed early and get a head start.

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Funny.... I don't know of ANY QB that is very effective
LAYING ON HIS BACK...
Come'on fellas, the offensive line was like a turn-style
today. It wasn't all Damon's fault...

burt
11-12-2006, 09:43 PM
LAYING ON HIS BACK...

um, Mike, no one on this thread said it was Huards fault....reading is a good skill, try it.

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 09:45 PM
um, Mike, no one on this thread said it was Huards fault....reading is a good skill, try it.

UMM ,see Chieftain58...

milkman
11-12-2006, 09:46 PM

He'll blame you when his head starts hurting.

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 09:47 PM
He'll blame you when his head starts hurting.

Its all good...

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 09:48 PM

Apology?

greg63
11-12-2006, 09:52 PM
I've supported Huard because he is, for now, the starting QB, however, my position has always been that Green is the better QB and should start when he is cleared to do so. Until then I'll do my best to support whoever is playing.

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 09:54 PM

Reading IS a good skill smart azzzz...
Maybe YOU should look before you put your foot in your
mouth....

milkman
11-12-2006, 09:55 PM
I think we need some clarification from Chieftain58.

I'm not sure that statement is blaming Huard for the loss.

Huard could have played better.

He was under pressure, but even when he had time today, he made poor decisions and poor passes.

He didn't lose this game, but neither did he lift his game.

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 09:58 PM
I think we need some clarification from Chieftain58.

I'm not sure that statement is blaming Huard for the loss.

Huard could have played better.

He was under pressure, but even when he had time today, he made poor decisions and poor passes.

He didn't lose this game, but neither did he lift his game.

Cool, atleast you talk to me like a man instead of callin' me out..
I believe he said "Huard's Fault" did he not?

burt
Reading IS a good skill smart azzzz...
Maybe YOU should look before you put your foot in your
mouth....

n00b, qoute me where someone in this thread said it was Huards fault.....

blueballs
only 2 and 1/2 more hours until Raider week. then we can forget about this ****ing mess. I might just go to bed early and get a head start.

Chiefs play the Raiders at home
Broncos get the Chargers at home sunday night game
than they play Turkey Day at Arrowhead

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:01 PM
n00b, qoute me where someone in this thread said it was Huards fault.....

He ( chieftain) said Huard could of played better, so thats the way I took it...
What you said to me was NOT necessary...

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Cool, atleast you talk to me like a man instead of callin' me out..
I believe he said "Huard's Fault" did he not?

Unless I missed another post, I don't see it.

That could be read as an indictment of Huard's play, but I don't intrepert that way.

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:04 PM
He ( chieftain) said Huard could of played better, so thats the way I took it...
What you said to me was NOT necessary...

You seem like a good sort, but you need a thick skin, cause we tend to be a bit harsh here.

burt
11-12-2006, 10:04 PM
I agree that Huard could have played better, but his line didn't help at all today, nor did the continuous drops by open receivers ot the total mis-use of LJ who only carried 18 times and not at all when we were in the REd Zone the first time. The one play where he just barely overthrew Tony G was a good throw, however TG was held by the LB which of course NEVER gets called. There was a long pass to Kennison where the DB doesn't turn around and sticks his hands in Kennison face. I am not making excuses for the poor passing performance, however, I think it was more of a CHIEFS problem than just Huard. You got to admit to be impressed that the Dolphins didn't hold ONE time during the entire game, NOT!! Almost every big rushing play was a CHIEF defender getting tackled or bear hugged by the Dolphins, but I expect the CHIEFS to get NO calls.

This, in no uncertain terms DOES NOT SAY IT WAS HUARDS FAULT...........SMART AZZ!!

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:05 PM
This, in no uncertain terms DOES NOT SAY IT WAS HUARDS FAULT...........SMART AZZ!!

Wrong poster Dale.

burt
11-12-2006, 10:08 PM
damn...guess he shoulda called me dumb azz.......

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Unless I missed another post, I don't see it.

That could be read as an indictment of Huard's play, but I don't intrepert that way.

Ok...Someone said Huard could of played better.
I DID take it that way because he threw a pick at the end of the game and there has been a lot of "bashing".
I blamed the offensive line....
The word "Fault" could be taken many ways...

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:10 PM

No I didn't.. I called you a smart azzz.
Reading is a good skill...

burt
11-12-2006, 10:10 PM

how bout this one? Seems to me he is spreading the blame around. I will offer 1/2 an apology, only if I get 1 dumb ass directed at me.

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:11 PM
You seem like a good sort, but you need a thick skin, cause we tend to be a bit harsh here.

I appreciate it.. He was callin' me out and he knows it...

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:11 PM

Reading is FUNdamental, Dumbass!

:D

burt
11-12-2006, 10:14 PM
No I didn't.. I called you a smart azzz.
Reading is a good skill...

I said you should have called me dumb azz. As in, instead of smart azz. You have continued to prove reading is a skill that you have't mastered.

I was making fun of ME with the dumb ass comment. Take a step back. Re-read the recent posts...and quit being so obtuse. We can use bigger letters if it will help.

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:16 PM
how bout this one? Seems to me he is spreading the blame around. I will offer 1?2 an apology, only if I get 1 dumb ass directed at me.

The post does put some blame on Huard.
Like it or not...
If you don't like my post , then don't read it...
There is no reason of you to dis me like you did in your first post.
So, you got what you gave me...

FAX
11-12-2006, 10:17 PM
ROFL

You guys have me confused. Who is angry at whom, here? And, for what exactly?

FAX

MADDOG MIKE
I said you should have called me dumb azz. As in, instead of smart azz. You have continued to prove reading is a skill that you have't mastered.

I was making fun of ME with the dumb ass comment. Take a step back. Re-read the recent posts...and quit being so obtuse. We can use bigger letters if it will help.

No reason to be acrimonious..

burt
Reading is FUNdamental, Dumbass!

:D
ROFL ROFL deserved.

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=BigRock]There seems to be a lot of people ready to wash their hands of Huard today. And I was as unhappy with his performance as QUOTE]

I agree..

FAX
11-12-2006, 10:19 PM
I think I'm going to kick my own ass!!!!

FAX

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:20 PM
ROFL

You guys have me confused. Who is angry at whom, here? And, for what exactly?

FAX

Everyone is pissed off at the school system, because reading comprehension was apparently not a part of the curriculum

burt
11-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Everyone is pissed off at the school system, because reading comprehension was apparently not a part of the curriculum

obviously.

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:23 PM

Actually, its a matter of inturpetation..
I understood it differently..
If I had made a mistake, than fine, I'm human..
I'm pissed about the disrespect...

burt
11-12-2006, 10:24 PM

FAX

you were very missed during your hiatus.

FAX
11-12-2006, 10:24 PM

ROFL

They need a good waterboarding, for sure, Mr. milkman. I found myself agreeing with everybody there for a minute.

FAX

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:26 PM

I promise, if you stick around here, you're going to get a lot of that.

Just roll with it and have some fun.

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:27 PM
I promise, if you stick around here, you're going to get a lot of that.

Just roll with it and have some fun.

Got it... Thanks for the 411....

burt
11-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Actually, its a matter of inturpetation..
I understood it differently..
If I had made a mistake, than fine, I'm human..

Please allow me to extend an apology. I tend to be somewhat sarcastic. "Try reading" is NOT a significant disrespect...it was simply to be a slight...not a significant disrespect. Let's not get our panties into a wad. And for heavens sake, lets not talk spelling. Inturpetation?

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Got it... Thanks for the 411....

Anytime, but don't tell anyone.

I have a reputation to maintain.

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Please allow me to extend an apology. I tend to be somewhat sarcastic. "Try reading" is NOT a significant disrespect...it was simply to be a slight...not a significant disrespect. Let's not get our panties into a wad. And for heavens sake, lets not talk spelling. Inturpetation?

Okay...Thank you for the spell check ( no disrespect ).
I'm used to lockin' horns with people..
Its my job....

Peace to you and yours...

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Anytime, but don't tell anyone.

I have a reputation to maintain.

Your secrets safe with me

burt
11-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Okay...Thank you for the spell check ( no disrespect ).
I'm used to lockin' horns with people..
Its my job....

Peace to you and yours...

I have fat fingers...you should see my posts when I get riled up! FWI, 2 of the running jokes around here are "Your and Idiot" for You're an Idiot, and "teh" instead if the, because it gets typed that way when someone gets ahead of their fingers.

You are used to locking horns? I am a New Car Sales Manager. I have to lock horns daily.....so it's kinda my job too.

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:42 PM
I have fat fingers...you should see my posts when I get riled up! FWI, 2 of the running jokes around here are "Your and Idiot" for You're an Idiot, and "teh" instead if the, because it gets typed that way when someone gets ahead of their fingers.

You are used to locking horns? I am a New Car Sales Manager. I have to lock horns daily.....so it's kinda my job too.

LOL...I purchased a car last year and asked the car salesman
"how many bodies do you think that trunk will hold?"
You should of seen the look on his face...
I've been a bouncer at a local bar (until just recently).
No hard feelings.. ok?

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Oh Good God, it's turning into a freakin' lovefest.

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:48 PM

You Wuz hopin' to see a serious scrap, weren't ya milk...

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:49 PM
You Wuz hopin' to see a serious scrap, weren't ya milk...

What?
Little old innocent me?

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:50 PM
What?
Little old innocent me?

Yep.

burt
11-12-2006, 10:50 PM
LOL...I purchased a car last year and asked the car salesman
"how many bodies do you think that trunk will hold?"
You should of seen the look on his face...
I've been a bouncer at a local bar (until just recently).
No hard feelings.. ok?

Hell, you haven't seen petty yet....give me time! ROFL Absolutely no hard feelings. Ya didn't call me a twunt or mangina.....If there were any hard feelings, they'd be gone in 5 minutes.....it's the interweb!

I am glad that I haven't been bounced FROM a bar in years. What bar?

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Yep.

Night milk.. I appreciate your class act dude..

burt
11-12-2006, 10:51 PM

Come on now....you know I have a man crush on Skip!

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Night milk.. I appreciate your class act dude..

Good night.

Keep the secret.

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Come on now....you know I have a man crush on Skip!

LMAO

You need help.

burt
11-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Good night.

Keep the secret.

Damn, I spell check for him and he calls you a class act!

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Hell, you haven't seen petty yet....give me time! ROFL Absolutely no hard feelings. Ya didn't call me a twunt or mangina.....If there were any hard feelings, they'd be gone in 5 minutes.....it's the interweb!

I am glad that I haven't been bounced FROM a bar in years. What bar?

I was at Mardi Gras in Grain Valley...
The bar just recently closed... It was known for being a little rough.
Do you remember the old SiLo?

burt
11-12-2006, 10:54 PM
LMAO

You need help.

What I need is gatorade!!!!! ROFL ROFL

Skip Towne
11-12-2006, 10:57 PM
No reason to be acrimonious..
Actually I thought Dale was being more disigerant than acrimonious. :p

milkman
Damn, I spell check for him and he calls you a class act!

He doesn't know me yet.

burt
I was at Mardi Gras in Grain Valley...
The bar just recently closed... It was known for being a little rough.
Do you remember the old SiLo?

I haven't been in that area for 20 years.... Used to get my arse whipped by the current Wrestling Coach in Oak Grove in High School, so I do follow their wrestling program in the news. That's as close as I get. I work way too many hours.

burt
11-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Actually I thought Dale was being more disigerant than acrimonious. :p
:harumph: (bruised man crush)

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:59 PM
What I need is gatorade!!!!! ROFL ROFL

LMAO

Don't hold your breath.
I don't see Skip with Gatorade anytime soon.

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 11:01 PM
I haven't been in that area for 20 years.... Used to get my arse whipped by the current Wrestling Coach in Oak Grove in High School, so I do follow their wrestling program in the news. That's as close as I get. I work way too many hours.

Is that coaches last name Simpson?
I used to do NHB- jujitsu fighting and retired from it in 2003.
There was a wrestling coach in the area that was at a high school.
I used to randori with, but I can't remember the school...

Skip Towne
11-12-2006, 11:02 PM

FAX
Need any help?

burt
11-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Is that coaches last name Simpson?
I used to do NHB- jujitsu fighting and retired from it in 2003.
There was a wrestling coach in the area that was at a high school.
I used to randori with, but I can't remember the school...

No, Bob Glaskow...great guy.

burt
11-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Need any help?

You are on fire tonight!

MADDOG MIKE
11-12-2006, 11:06 PM
No, Bob Glaskow...great guy.

Sounds familar, but I don't think I know him.
I appreciate the chat...
Good night (for real this time)....

Skip Towne
11-12-2006, 11:18 PM
:harumph: (bruised man crush)
I sent you a PM explaining my position. I continue to think you are disigerant and I know there are several people on here that agree with me. :p

burt
11-12-2006, 11:20 PM
I sent you a PM explaining my position. I continue to think you are disigerant and I know there are several people on here that agree with me. :p

I read it....and....you several people are right!..... ROFL ROFL

Skip Towne
11-12-2006, 11:24 PM
LAYING ON HIS BACK...
Turnstile

luv
11-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Man, what a bunch of spelling nazis. Are you this hard on grammar, too?

:p

Skip Towne
11-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Man, what a bunch of spelling nazis. Are you this hard on grammar, too?

:p
Nazi should have been capitalized.

boogblaster
11-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Oline sucked so did Tuard.....

greg63
11-13-2006, 06:44 AM
Nazi should have been capitalized.

LMAO

I love this thread!

burt
11-13-2006, 08:41 AM