11-12-2006, 06:58 PM
that's horrible

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 06:58 PM
We can finish 8-4!!!

Deberg_1990
11-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Yep, and 4-0 Vs the NFC!!

Damnit, i knew it should have been us that switched instead of Seattle 5 or 6 years ago!!

Chiefs Pantalones
11-12-2006, 06:59 PM
That has "bad football team" written all over it.

thurman merman
11-12-2006, 07:13 PM
that is a very poor record.

KC Jones
11-12-2006, 08:01 PM
That certainly won't help if it comes to wildcard tie-breakers

OnTheWarpath58
11-12-2006, 08:22 PM
That has "bad football team" written all over it.

So does this:

3 of our 4 losses have come to teams with a combined record of 10-17.

FAX
11-12-2006, 08:23 PM
So does this:

3 of our 4 losses have come to teams with a combined record of 10-17.

Wow. That speaks of great preparation.

FAX

blueballs
11-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Peterson will petition the owners at the next meeting
to do away with the third down play

morphius
11-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Yup, I was mentioning last week that we were 1-3 in the AFC. 2 Losses fall on the OL, Cinci and Today. The Denver game sort of falls on the O not doing much of anything and the coaches not trusting Huard to get it done. The Steelers game, ummm, well, the team worked together on it.

If you look at everyone in the playoff hunt in the AFC the rest of the teams mostly have a winning record in the AFC. To even finish on the positive side in the the AFC we can only lose one more game.

Chan93lx50
11-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Hmmm that sucks

ChiefsCountry
11-12-2006, 09:51 PM
0-3 on the road. 1-1 at Arrowhead. It will even out for us.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 09:54 PM
0-3 on the road. 1-1 at Arrowhead. It will even out for us.
:shake:

Valiant
11-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Just further proves that the AFC is the dominant conference, unfortunatly for us....

GoodDaySir!
11-12-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm on the 1-11 bandwagon.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Just further proves that the AFC is the dominant conference, unfortunatly for us....

It proves we played the NFC West.........I doubt we'd have gone 4-0 against any of the other divisions.

VonneMarie
11-12-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm on the get rid of Turley, Black and Hall bandwagon.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm on the get rid of Turley, Black and Hall bandwagon.

I can think of several more to go with that.....

VonneMarie
11-12-2006, 10:46 PM
I can think of several more to go with that.....
Feel free to add.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Feel free to add.

Hicks, Sims, Walls, Bober, Parker.......

Ok that's good for now I may add more later.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 10:48 PM
I don't think the Allied's naval shipping armada during World War II could fit enough people on that bandwagon.

VonneMarie
11-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Hicks, Sims, Walls, Bober, Parker.......

Ok that's good for now I may add more later.
Yeah, those were the easy ones...

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Knight........I'll take some flack for this but I don't personally think Mitchell is ever going to be that good of a MLB.....I think we need to replace him and the other OLB spot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Knight........I'll take some flack for this but I don't personally think Mitchell is ever going to be that good of a MLB.....I think we need to replace him and the other OLB spot.

I tend to agree about Kawika. He's got tools but he doesn't have "it". He's not a playmaker. He gets himself in positions to make plays, like the Brown play today or the play against Rudi Johnson in week 1, and totally whiffs. The sad thing is he's still a huge, huge improvement over the Lew Bushes and Marvcus Pattons of the world.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 10:57 PM
I don't personally think Mitchell is ever going to be that good of a MLB.

Dude. He is going to be the middle linebacker here for another decade. Look around the league and he is comparable in talent to alot of middle linebackers. Chiefs fans forget that he is only in his third season as a full-time starter.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Dude. He is going to be the middle linebacker here for another decade. Look around the league and he is comparable in talent to alot of middle linebackers. Chiefs fans forget that he is only in his third season as a full-time starter.

I hope you're wrong by the 3rd year the guy should be showing that he has it. To me the fact that he still whiffs tackles and screws things up shows to me he shouldn't be a starter on a top 10 defense.

Hell look at Lofa Tatupa the guy looked like he had more of an understanding of the game in his rookie year than Mitchell does right now.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 11:00 PM
I hope you're wrong by the 3rd year the guy should be showing that he has it.

He was showing it last year.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:01 PM
He was showing it last year.

MLB's should not be whiffing on anything, they should be your rock solid tackler, cornerstone, leader. I just don't think he has it, he's not as big of a problem as some other guys but if we ever want to be a great defense he won't be a part of it.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 11:03 PM
MLB's should not be whiffing on anything, they should be your rock solid tackler, cornerstone, leader. .

I saw Al Wilson get destroyed on a play today. You want to criticise him, too?

I bet you can't name 10 middle linebackers in this league better than Mitchell.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 11:03 PM

He's playing Middle linebacker!! Jesus f*cking christ, it's not Quarterback. He should have had this shit on LOCKDOWN after 1 year of starting. Odell Thurman didn't have a problem with it, and he's about as smart as a sack of hammers. It's an intangible thing, something that he just lacks.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:04 PM
He's playing Middle linebacker!! Jesus f*cking christ, it's not Quarterback. He should have had this shit on LOCKDOWN after 1 year of starting. Odell Thurman didn't have a problem with it, and he's about as smart as a sack of hammers. It's an intangible thing, something that he just lacks.

A dude I know who's a Cincy fan and lives there told me they're probably going to trade Thurman after this year.......

Let's make an offer Thurman>Mitchell.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Odell Thurman didn't have a problem with it,

Are you really going to criticise Kawika and then raise Thurman up? Do you KNOW how bad Cincy's run defense has been over the last two seasons? A hell of a lot worse than Kansas City's. Our run defense was SHIT for a long time until Kawika got here.

Chan93lx50
11-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Fugged no we are not getting rid of Kawika

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Are you really going to criticise Kawika and then raise Thurman up? Do you KNOW how bad Cincy's run defense has been over the last two seasons? A hell of a lot worse than Kansas City's. Our run defense was SHIT for a long time until Kawika got here.

Thurman makes plays and looks like he knows what he's doing......run D is alot more than 1 guy. Thier Dline is worse than ours.....

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Fugged no we are not getting rid of Kawika

That's nice and all but bottom line is he's a bottom tier MLB.....and you need a better MLB than that to be the type of defense we want to be.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 11:08 PM
he's a bottom tier MLB......

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 11:09 PM
I saw Al Wilson get destroyed on a play today. You want to criticise him, too?

I bet you can't name 10 middle linebackers in this league better than Mitchell.

Al Wilson
Urlacher
Ray Lewis
Odell Thurman
Lofa Tatupu
London Fletcher
Zach Thomas
Keith Brooking
James Farrior (ILB, this is debatable)
Derrick Brooks
Andra Davis

My brain is tired, I'm sure there are others.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:09 PM

You don't think he's in the bottom 10? If he's not it's barely and he's like 20th and to me that isn't good enough.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Al Wilson
Urlacher
Ray Lewis
Odell Thurman
Lofa Tatupu
London Fletcher
Zach Thomas
Keith Brooking
Derrick Brooks
Andra Davis

My brain is tired, I'm sure there are others.

Lets add
Jon Vilma
Wil Witherspoon
Antonio Pierce
Tedy Bruschi
Jeremiah Trotter

Still not convinced he's a bottom tier guy?

cdcox
11-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Mitchell is good, not great. You aren't going to have great players at every position, but on the other hand, you need to have a few great players somewhere. KC needs a great player in the middle of thier defense (DT, MLB, S) to take the next step up.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Mitchell is good, not great. You aren't going to have great players at every position, but on the other hand, you need to have a few great players somewhere. KC needs a great player in the middle of thier defense (DT, MLB, S) to take the next step up.

My arguement is he's serviceable for now while we're replacing other positions but when his contract comes up they should let him walk and replace him because we're going to need a better player there to get to where we want to go.

Chan93lx50
11-12-2006, 11:16 PM
My arguement is he's serviceable for now while we're replacing other positions but when his contract comes up they should let him walk and replace him because we're going to need a better player there to get to where we want to go.

That why we should not get rid of Kawika, There are bigger fish to fry on our D than replacing him. Why spend the money on MLB when there are bigger issues to fix

'Hamas' Jenkins

Well, then we have to let him walk this year...that's the problem with the situation with him.

Chan93lx50
Oh yeah, Nice USC ass Mecca

Chan93lx50
11-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Well, then we have to let him walk this year...that's the problem with the situation with him.

Shit didnt know his contract was up this year! If he asks big money then let him go!

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:18 PM

If it's this year then it's time to move on.......draft a MLB on the first day. Hell Patrick Willis may be the best player on the board when we draft and I have no doubt he'll be better than Mitchell 6 games into his rookie year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 11:21 PM
If it's this year then it's time to move on.......draft a MLB on the first day. Hell Patrick Willis may be the best player on the board when we draft and I have no doubt he'll be better than Mitchell 6 games into his rookie year.

We just can't use a 1st round pick on anything other than a DT or OT this year. If we don't have good value, we need to trade down. There are too many other holes to address to worry about MLB. We need a playmaker at DT that will solidify the middle of our defense.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:22 PM
We just can't use a 1st round pick on anything other than a DT or OT this year. If we don't have good value, we need to trade down. There are too many other holes to address to worry about MLB. We need a playmaker at DT that will solidify the middle of our defense.

There isn't going to be one......it's not a good DT year, the guy you all point to in Alan Branch isn't a cover 2 DT and will be gone before our pick.

With guessing that our pick is probably going to be between 17-20. We're probably going to be taking......LB, WR or they'll probably be reaching unless someone fell.

Have you seen the projected 1st rounders so far? Trading down won't help after about pick 15 there aren't 1st round quality lineman....

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 11:25 PM
There isn't going to be one......it's not a good DT year, the guy you all point to in Alan Branch isn't a cover 2 DT and will be gone before our pick.

With guessing that our pick is probably going to be between 17-20. We're probably going to be taking......LB, WR or they'll probably be reaching unless someone fell.

Have you seen the projected 1st rounders so far? Trading down won't help after about pick 15 there aren't 1st round quality lineman....

Then I guess you bite the bullet and try to trade up to 12.

GoodDaySir!
11-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Is AFC record the 3rd tiebreaker for divisions? (First being head to head and second being division record of course).

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Then I guess you bite the bullet and try to trade up to 12.

Eventually we're gonna have to stop gapping this, thinking "this guy will help us get better for now". And go with the best players build a young core but to do that it generally means you bite the bullet and have a few bad years....

cdcox
11-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Is AFC record the 3rd tiebreaker for divisions? (First being head to head and second being division record of course).

No, record againt common opponents is third.

GoodDaySir!
11-12-2006, 11:34 PM
No, record againt common opponents is third.

Ah, thanks.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Eventually we're gonna have to stop gapping this, thinking "this guy will help us get better for now". And go with the best players build a young core but to do that it generally means you bite the bullet and have a few bad years....

Remember the line in Major League where Lou Brown thinks his team can contend and he's talking to the GM. The GM says, "Rachel Phelps will never allow that to happen."

There's your answer with Carl.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Remember the line in Major League where Lou Brown thinks his team can contend and he's talking to the GM. The GM says, "Rachel Phelps will never allow that to happen."

There's your answer with Carl.

HAHA.......in many ways I think the Chiefs desire to be ok in the years they should be rebuilding is what hurts this team. We have a 7-9 instead of 4-12. We go sign enough guys to bandaid things to keep people coming out to the stadium and making money....

Instead of ditching the old guys getting the cap money back building a young core for 3 years and then using your cap space you have to fill a couple holes in your core...not building your core in FA as we've done numerous times now.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Al Wilson
Urlacher
Ray Lewis
Odell Thurman
Lofa Tatupu
London Fletcher
Zach Thomas
Keith Brooking
Derrick Brooks
Andra Davis

The fact that you think Derrick Brooks is a middle linebacker says alot.

London Fletcher is old. Andra Davis has played on some of the worst defenses in the league over the last few years. I've already made my case on Odell Thurman.

I'd say only Urlacher, Ray Lewis, Al Wilson and Zach Thomas, Tedi Bruschi and Antonio Pierce are superior. Kawika is just as talented as the rest of these guys. And in some cases, more talented.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:50 PM

London Fletcher is old. Andra Davis has played on some of the worst defenses in the league over the last few years. I've already made my case on Odell Thurman.

I'd say only Urlacher, Ray Lewis, Al Wilson and Zach Thomas, Tedi Bruschi and Antonio Pierce are superior. Kawika is just as talented as the rest of these guys. And in some cases, more talented.

Vilma's 1000 times better but hey don't mention him....

cdcox
11-12-2006, 11:50 PM
HAHA.......in many ways I think the Chiefs desire to be ok in the years they should be rebuilding is what hurts this team. We have a 7-9 instead of 4-12. We go sign enough guys to bandaid things to keep people coming out to the stadium and making money....

Instead of ditching the old guys getting the cap money back building a young core for 3 years and then using your cap space you have to fill a couple holes in your core...not building your core in FA as we've done numerous times now.

Well its for damn sure Carl will not do that now that he is in his last 3 years.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Vilma's 1000 times better but hey don't mention him....

Vilma is not 1000 times better. He gets all the press because he plays in New York. People on this board would be eviscerating Kawika Mitchell if KC's run defense was as bad as Vilma's is.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:53 PM
Well its for damn sure Carl will not do that now that he is in his last 3 years.

And that is why this team won't win a Bowl.....you're much better off being like the Pats/Eagles than the Redskins.

Hammock Parties
And hey, do you people not realize what crappy defensive tackles we have? The guys we have right now are average players, in some cases average at best.

If we had drafted Haloti Ngata, Kawika would look even better.

ChiefsCountry
Lamar doesnt want to go to complete rebuilding mode. They tried that once lasted from 1974 to 1988.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:56 PM
And hey, do you people not realize what crappy defensive tackles we have? The guys we have right now are average players, in some cases average at best.

If we had drafted Haloti Ngata, Kawika would look even better.

Yea those 350lb DT's fit in the cover 2.....oh wait...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 12:00 AM

You're right about Brooks, I said I was tired. Odell Thurman has proved on the field he's a better player than Mitchell. Take off the homer glasses. If you think Kawika is in the same galaxy as Vilma, you're smoking crack. If you think Kawika is better than Tatupu, you've never watched a Seahawks game. Witherspoon is a very good linebacker.

Andra Davis had 149 Tackles last year. If a bad D inflates MLB stats, then how many did Kawika have on our horrible D in '04? Farrior is so much better than Kawika, it's not even worth discussion.

Mike Peterson is also far superior to Kawika. Hayes at Arizona is a pretty good MLB, and arguably better than Kawika. DeMeco Ryans is better than Kawika too.

Is that enough for you?

Mecca
11-13-2006, 12:02 AM
Ryans is atleast as good as Mitchell and he's only halfway into his rookie year....

Hammock Parties
11-13-2006, 12:03 AM
DeMeco Ryans and that slow piece of shit Hayes. This is incredible.

You people have no respect and are completely impatient. Kawika Mitchell is one of the best middle linebackers in the game. He's adapted to the Cover 2 wonderfully this year.

Mecca
11-13-2006, 12:04 AM
DeMeco Ryans and that slow piece of shit Hayes. This is incredible.

You people have no respect and are completely impatient. Kawika Mitchell is one of the best middle linebackers in the game. He's adapted to the Cover 2 wonderfully this year.

You have to be top 5 to be one of the best in the game.....he's not that. Top 10 would imply that he's good, he's not top 10. Top 15 would imply that he's average to above average he's borderline.....

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 12:04 AM
You people have no respect and are completely impatient.

Says the dumb motherf*cker who was leading the Huard over Green bandwagon. Go f*ck yourself, you goddamned idiot

Mecca
11-13-2006, 12:05 AM
GoChiefs is like Allard Baird.......he's totally in love with the "young potential" Mitchell has over the actual results he produces. History speaks to this when a guy has been starting for 3 years, he is what he is. If he was going to get it he would have by now....

ChiefsCountry
11-13-2006, 12:05 AM
Personally I think Mitchell would make a better outside linebacker than middle. He has the athleticism to play it and probally would be more natural at it. Bell would be a better MLB IMO.

Mecca
11-13-2006, 12:06 AM
Most of our defensive personel still isn't good enough to have the type of defense you need to have to win championships....

Hammock Parties
11-13-2006, 12:12 AM
GoChiefs is like Allard Baird.......he's totally in love with the "young potential" Mitchell has over the actual results he produces.

Kawika was outstanding last year. Christ, you people have amazingly high standards. Maybe he'd impress you if he went out there and gave up 140 rushing yards every week like Vilma.

Mecca
11-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Kawika was outstanding last year. Christ, you people have amazingly high standards. Maybe he'd impress you if he went out there and gave up 140 rushing yards every week like Vilma.

If you think Kawika Mitchell is better than Jon Vilma......I seriously will not take anything you say seriously ever again.

Hammock Parties
11-13-2006, 12:21 AM
If you think Kawika Mitchell is better than Jon Vilma......I seriously will not take anything you say seriously ever again.

They are comparable as middle linebackers go. Were roles reversed, I suspect Kawika would be getting all the pub in New York.

Mecca
11-13-2006, 12:25 AM
They are comparable as middle linebackers go. Were roles reversed, I suspect Kawika would be getting all the pub in New York.

I suggest they'd be saying......"getting this stupid ass who whiffs on all these tackles out of here."

Hammock Parties
11-13-2006, 12:26 AM
I suggest they'd be saying......"getting this stupid ass who whiffs on all these tackles out of here."

You're talking like Kawika does what he did today every game. You couldn't be more wrong. He is one of the most consistent players on this football team. And he hasn't reached his potential yet.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Wow, you are a grade A dumbass.

Mecca
11-13-2006, 12:28 AM
You're talking like Kawika does what he did today every game. You couldn't be more wrong. He is one of the most consistent players on this football team. And he hasn't reached his potential yet.

So you want to pay him a big contract after this year huh......

Hammock Parties
11-13-2006, 12:29 AM
Wow, you are a grade A dumbass.

Is Gunther Cunningham a Grade A dumbass too? When he was re-hired he saw fit to dump almost EVERY SINGLE LINEBACKER that was on the team. Kawika was the ONLY ONE he kept. Considering that Gunther's knowledge and expertise of linebackers probably encompasses THE ENTIRETY of this message board's, I'll take his side of things on this issue. But maybe we can dump Kawika in a couple years for a REAL middle linebacker! Yay!

Mecca
11-13-2006, 12:30 AM
Well Gunther isn't the sharpest tool in the shed....

Hammock Parties
11-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Well Gunther isn't the sharpest tool in the shed....

I agree, but he knows linebackers. That cannot be disputed.

Mecca
11-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Derrick Johnson is the only LB on this team that I see as a starter for a top 5 championship caliber defense....

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 12:34 AM
Is Gunther Cunningham a Grade A dumbass too? When he was re-hired he saw fit to dump almost EVERY SINGLE LINEBACKER that was on the team. Kawika was the ONLY ONE he kept. Considering that Gunther's knowledge and expertise of linebackers probably encompasses THE ENTIRETY of this message board's, I'll take his side of things on this issue. But maybe we can dump Kawika in a couple years for a REAL middle linebacker! Yay!

He also went back to a franchise that royally bent him over going into a situation with no hope, as he had to work with horrendous assistants he couldn't fire. I mean, c'mon, that's not the best business decision in the world.

Anyone on this board would have told you to get rid of almost every backer we had at the time....although how's that Fujita deal working out for us right now :shrug:

I'm not saying we should dump him...reread my posts. I'm saying we are stuck with a guy who is a mediocre MLB, and we can't get rid of him b/c his contract is up this year and we have bigger fish to fry.

the true lesson to be taken from this post is:

JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE THE BEST PLAYER OF A UNIT FULL OF DUMBASSES, STIFFS, AND ROTTING CORPSES DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU ARE A VERY GOOD PLAYER.

boogblaster
11-13-2006, 12:34 AM
Reality is with DJ out they ran off tackle to that side all day..crash blocking Hali inside and pushing Fox and KM back 8 to 10 yards,,damn good blocking scheme by Miami...

Logical
11-13-2006, 12:35 AM

Why can it not be dispusted?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 12:36 AM

Don't respond to this post before my other one, but look up the Chiefs roster and find this name--

Bell, Kendrell.

Hammock Parties
11-13-2006, 12:36 AM
Why can it not be dispusted?

I guess you can dispute anything, if you want to.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 12:37 AM
What triggers the commatard thing?

Mecca
11-13-2006, 12:37 AM
What triggers the commatard thing?

Double comma watch ,,

D2112
11-13-2006, 12:45 AM
Vilma is not 1000 times better. He gets all the press because he plays in New York. People on this board would be eviscerating Kawika Mitchell if KC's run defense was as bad as Vilma's is.
Vilma is learning a new system that he never played in before..he had a great game today(they had him blitzing from the outside for a change)

D2112
11-13-2006, 12:49 AM
You dont know your ass from a hole in the ground

Your ridiculous hypothetical with Vilma sounds very familiar(Green/Huard)

The Jets D played like crap in the beginning of the season..is that what you are basing Vilma's talent on???
Vilma would be the Chiefs starting middle linebacker in the 4-3 if he was traded to KC tomorrow..right???