PDA

View Full Version : Why do we play so much better at home than on the road??

Deberg_1990
11-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Any ideas??

Im sure next week after we blow out the Raiders everyone will be hailing Solari, Herm and Huard as geniuses again....

Arrowhead truly is an amazing Home Field advantage, but its almost like the players use that energy as a crutch.

When we go on the road we get exposed for the frauds we are....

I dont get it??

milkman
11-12-2006, 08:39 PM
I can't speak to why historically, but this year it's because the Chiefs change their entire offensive mindset on the road.

Chan93lx50
11-12-2006, 08:40 PM
This is Chiefs vs Raiders week, a blowout would be nice but these games usually go down to the wire.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2006, 08:41 PM
I can't speak to why historically, but this year it's because the Chiefs change their entire offensive mindset on the road.

Yea, thats pretty infruriating.....Herm should be shot for that.

CHENZ A!
11-12-2006, 08:42 PM

I do agree mostly, but we did take several shots downfield, and Huard didn't even get the ball in the ballpark of our guy, with the exception of the one to EK into triple coverage which he dropped, and the one to him on third and 18 which the defender got a hand on.

blueballs
11-12-2006, 08:42 PM
all the Holiday Inns are booked up in advance
****ing Shanahan

stevieray
11-12-2006, 08:53 PM
I think this team has been searching for an identity since DT died.

The inconsistancy is excruciating and deep down I think it's starting to take its toll on the fans.

Chan93lx50
11-12-2006, 08:55 PM

The inconsistancy is excruciating and deep down I think it's starting to take its toll on the fans.

Inconsistancy, I bet if you looked that up in the dictionary it says KC Chiefs

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 08:55 PM
It really is puzzling. Miami's stadium was pretty empty today, too. It's not like the noise was overbearing.

siberian khatru
11-12-2006, 08:56 PM

In a way, it's made me a better person. I know we're really never as good as we look one week, or as bad as we look the next. So I don't get too high on W's or too low on L's.

We win it all, I'll go nuts. But I just don't plan for the future anymore. I just take 'em one game at a time.

OctoberFart
11-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Mediocre teams look good sometimes and you think, wow this team is good then they play inconsistent and lose to a 2-6 team. Usually means 9-7 football team just on the edge of playoffs.

stevieray
11-12-2006, 08:58 PM
In a way, it's made me a better person. I know we're really never as good as we look one week, or as bad as we look the next. So I don't get too high on W's or too low on L's.

We win it all, I'll go nuts. But I just don't plan for the future anymore. I just take 'em one game at a time.

Sounds like an article.."Chiefs...Bipolar, or is it just me?"

milkman
11-12-2006, 08:58 PM

I think there's some truth to that, but that inconsistency seems to have infested this franchise more as the result of that playoff loss in '97.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2006, 08:59 PM

Yea i pretty much feel the same way.

After the whole 1990's era with disappointment after disappointment, i dont let myself get as emotional as i once did. I used to punch walls, and kick dogs...but not anymore......LOL

Maybe its a maturity thing??

stevieray
11-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Mediocre teams look good sometimes and you think, wow this team is good then they play inconsistent and lose to a 2-6 team. Usually means 9-7 football team just on the edge of playoffs.

or you can squeak by most of your wins and consistantly be a paper tiger in the playoffs.

siberian khatru
11-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Yea i pretty much feel the same way.

After the whole 1990's era with disappointment after disappointment, i dont let myself get as emotional as i once did. I used to punch walls, and kick dogs...but not anymore......LOL

Maybe its a maturity thing??

It's definitely a maturity thing, but the Chiefs make it easier to take a level approach.

stevieray
11-12-2006, 09:01 PM
I think there's some truth to that, but that inconsistency seems to have infested this franchise more as the result of that playoff loss in '97.

good point..

Deberg_1990
11-12-2006, 09:02 PM

There is alot of truth to this......

and It all starts with Carl Peterson...

Chan93lx50
11-12-2006, 09:05 PM
There is alot of truth to this......

and It all starts with Carl Peterson...

And it ends in 3 years.............. I think

Deberg_1990
11-12-2006, 09:06 PM
And it ends in 3 years.............. I think

Lets hope.......its time for a new direction, new ideas...etc...

Peterson deserves alot of credit for turning this franchise around, no doubt, but his time has come and gone....

Simplex3
11-12-2006, 09:20 PM
...because this team is a Soft Bitch.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 09:22 PM
We play shitty on the road because we are mentally weak. That's the bottom line. None of our guys rise up to the occasion and relish playing in a hostile environment. They shrink from pressure.

Halfcan
11-12-2006, 09:22 PM
???

D2112
11-12-2006, 09:24 PM
100% correct!!!

Thats step 1 of Hermanology..unfortunately

CHENZ A!
11-12-2006, 09:38 PM
We play shitty on the road because we are mentally weak. That's the bottom line. None of our guys rise up to the occasion and relish playing in a hostile environment. They shrink from pressure.

yep.

ChiefsCountry
11-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Majority of the NFL sucks on the road, its not just the Chiefs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 09:58 PM

Bullshit. We are epically horrendous on the road, especially for a team w/ our overall win %. I'd venture a guess that we may have the biggest disparity between home and road winning % of any franchise this decade.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 10:00 PM
It could be that DV's pussy mentality hasn't been fully driven from the players he coached. Hopefully it is weeded out by the time Herm replaces most of the roster.

KCinNY
11-12-2006, 10:00 PM

Bingo.

The team's never recovered from that game, IMO. The tragic death of DT only sent them further into their tailspin.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Bingo.

The team's never recovered from that game, IMO. The tragic death of DT only sent them further into their tailspin.

Tony Gonzalez, Will Shields. Is there anyone else on the f*cking roster who was even here then?? You think Ty Law or Larry Johnson has a hard time getting over the loss to Denver in '97 when at the time one was in high school and the other was in his second year for a different team in a different division? The fans may have never recovered, but the players aren't the fans. We need to stop projecting this shit onto them. They have no excuse for this suckass display.

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Tony Gonzalez, Will Shields. Is there anyone else on the f*cking roster who was even here then?? You think Ty Law or Larry Johnson has a hard time getting over the loss to Denver in '97 when at the time one was in high school and the other was in his second year for a different team in a different division? The fans may have never recovered, but the players aren't the fans. We need to stop projecting this shit onto them. They have no excuse for this suckass display.

The fans may not impact their mindset, but the organization does.

KCinNY
11-12-2006, 10:09 PM

No, but the organization headed by Carl is still intact. The playoff loss to Denver compelled Carl and Marty to fill the roster with low-character guys (McGlockton, B. Morris, etc.) in a desperate attempt to get over the hump -- not to mention letting Gannon go in favor or Grbac.

Teams can be stigmatized for years even after the rosters turn over, especially if upper management doesn't change. Ask any Red Sox fan.

stevieray
11-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Every game I see older gentlemen who were my age when the Chiefs won the SB...and almost always I think "there's me in thirty years...still waiting... like they are now."

weird thing is...money for 2007 tickets isn't too far away.

Nzoner
11-12-2006, 11:08 PM

Bad day to pull that card,road teams won 10 of 15 games today

Archie F. Swin
11-12-2006, 11:10 PM
when when the Chiefs play at Arrowhead there are 12 men on defense.

thurman merman
11-12-2006, 11:11 PM
It really is puzzling. Miami's stadium was pretty empty today, too. It's not like the noise was overbearing.

yeah, i can't imagine crowd noise being an issue. that's why it doesn't really make sense. i mean i can understand losing in places like denver and pittsburgh, but miami? i just don't get it.

Chan93lx50
11-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Well when we are on the road, our major game plan is to run the shit our of LJ, and control the clock, but with our swiss cheese O-line it makes it hard to follow that plan.

Plus when we always seem to fall behind on the road early in the game and we ditch our main game plan and the coaches do not have a clue what to do next.

Nzoner
11-12-2006, 11:17 PM
I think that answer is easy,it's THE FANS,hell the NFL Network was talking about Arrowhead tonight(Rich Eisen is making his first trip there for the Thanksgiving game)and the guys were telling him what a great experience he's in for.

Instead of Carl coming out and saying you're not a "real fan" unless you have tickets he ought to be offering a discount to the 12th man who work their ass off to spend their hard earned money supporting and energizing the team and ultimately making him look good in the process.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:20 PM
In some of the past years if it wasn't for Arrowhead we probably would have had some 4-12's.......and managed to get 6-10 or 7-9 because of the homefield.

OctoberFart
11-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Well you want to win all home games and split road games. 12-4 and that's a good season. Bottom line is it's hard to win on the road in NFL.

boogblaster
11-13-2006, 12:13 AM
Hamas is right..every team has talent..you have to have game-day coaching..and first you have to have heart..this team doesn't have heart.....

Calcountry
11-13-2006, 12:47 PM
100% correct!!!

Thats step 1 of Hermanology..unfortunatelyYou just want to be here when we finally throw Herm under the bus, don't you?

Then your life will have been made complete.

Calcountry
11-13-2006, 12:50 PM
In some of the past years if it wasn't for Arrowhead we probably would have had some 4-12's.......and managed to get 6-10 or 7-9 because of the homefield.Very astute observation.

stevieray
11-13-2006, 01:25 PM
In some of the past years if it wasn't for Arrowhead we probably would have had some 4-12's.......and managed to get 6-10 or 7-9 because of the homefield.

and this isn't true for other teams?

Hydrae
11-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Mecca
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and this isn't true for other teams?

OMG, we are the Cardinals with fans. :eek:

TEX
11-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Any ideas??

Im sure next week after we blow out the Raiders everyone will be hailing Solari, Herm and Huard as geniuses again....

Arrowhead truly is an amazing Home Field advantage, but its almost like the players use that energy as a crutch.

When we go on the road we get exposed for the frauds we are....

I dont get it??

I dd. And I'll stay in the present cause that's the only thing that matters. On the road, we go ultra - consertive and find ourselves playing catchup. Yesterday, I was watching the game with some friends and in 1st half, we all knew when the Chiefs were running or passing. If we knew, you can bet the Fins did also. The Chiefs got back in it only after they went with more aggressive play-calling.