PDA

View Full Version : Through 9 Games, Who is our LVP

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 09:34 PM
We've had some true horseshit performances this year, and I feel that the standard bearers of suckitude deserve to be called out for their continued ineptitude. Poll Forthcoming.

teedubya
11-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Mike 'Jimmy' SolaRAYE

blueballs
11-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Hicks and Sims for the tie

Valiant
11-12-2006, 09:46 PM
It was tough between HIcks and Sims... It is good that you do not hear Law name as a CB during the game, it means he is doing his job..

True he has not gotten the Ints, but he and Surtain have done a great job at containing like they are suppose too in this defense...

Deberg_1990
11-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Sims spells BUST anyway you read it.

blueballs
11-12-2006, 09:49 PM
nice to see Jordan Black not on the list
Bell and Wesley I don't see as as bad as the rest
Fox is a unknown

thedude
11-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Sims wins this poll through 9 games, 10 games, 11 games, etc.

He won it last year, the year before, and the year before. He will win it next year most likely and as long as he wears a chiefs uni. Just glad I dont own a Sims Jersey.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Jesus, how could I have forgotten Dante :banghead: :banghead: Dammit 'Hamas' :cuss: :cuss:

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Kendrell Bell.

Dude is invisible.

Fox steps in cold and gets nine tackles. Are you kidding me?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Kendrell Bell.

Dude is invisible.

That 10th one would have really helped....it killed our chances, as it cost us an assload of clock and field position.

cdcox
11-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Kendrell Bell.

Dude is invisible.

Quit looking at the stats to determine if someone had a good game or not. You can tell a lot more by watching the game. I was watching Fox because I wanted to see how he played. He didn't have a particularly good game. There were several passes completed against his guy on 3rd down that were converted. In two or three of those, a quick and sure tackle would have made them punt. The Fins also had some pretty good luck running on his side.

Sure-Oz
11-12-2006, 10:08 PM
That 10th one would have really helped....it killed our chances, as it cost us an assload of clock and field position.
The one where he tackled HIGH instead of low like he should know better. Instead the guy got a 1st down on it, bastars

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Maybe now people will stop clammering for Fox to play....

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 10:10 PM
I didn't say Fox had the greatest game, but at least he's out there tackling guys. Bell just sort of waddles around and does nothing. The Chiefs tried playing him at defensive end when Hali went down last week and he was equally invisible. The sooner Gunther gets over his mancrush, the better.

Bowser
11-12-2006, 10:10 PM

Especially with the way Bell dominates.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 10:13 PM

That is not a word.

ChiefsKing
11-12-2006, 10:14 PM
For sure Hall.

cdcox
11-12-2006, 10:14 PM
I didn't say Fox had the greatest game, but at least he's out there tackling guys. Bell just sort of waddles around and does nothing. The Chiefs tried playing him at defensive end when Hali went down last week and he was equally invisible. The sooner Gunther gets over his mancrush, the better.

In all honestly we are probably lacking a starting LB to play on the right side. Maybe someone now on the roster will still develop...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 10:15 PM
That is not a word.
clammoring is, though. It's a common spelling error, editor.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 10:16 PM
In all honestly we are probably lacking a starting LB to play on the right side. Maybe someone now on the roster will still develop...

I doubt it. Fox isn't going to suddenly become tough or durable, and Bell's just going to get worse. Should we pin our hopes on Kris Griffin or Boomer?? :Lin:

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 10:17 PM
clammoring is, though. It's a common spelling error, editor.

Clammoring is not a word, either.

Clamoring is, however. :D

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Fox isn't even suited for DJ's role. He's too small to play over the tight end. He NEEDS to be on the weakside.

OctoberFart
11-12-2006, 10:18 PM
What you guys think of Law? Every highlight I have seen has shown him getting a long pass completed on him or him falling down. I haven't watched a lot of KC's games though.

KCinNY
11-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Turley needs to re-retire.

cdcox
11-12-2006, 10:19 PM
I doubt it. Fox isn't going to suddenly become tough or durable, and Bell's just going to get worse. Should we pin our hopes on Kris Griffin or Boomer?? :Lin:

I'm just thinking, we probably can't invest a high draft pick at LB in the next couple years due to other screaming needs...

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm just thinking, we probably can't invest a high draft pick at LB in the next couple years due to other screaming needs...

We should be picking the best players available save a few positions......you can legit point at holes at alot of places.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Clammoring is not a word, either.

Clamoring is, however. :D

Like I said, common spelling mistake. You've been warned.

cdcox
11-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Law hasn't played up to his money or expectations, but both were way too high. Fact is that he plays a position where every mistake is magnified. Our secondary is more or less getting it done this year and Law is a huge part of that.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:26 PM
We have line issues on both sides but if say....Dwayne Jarrett fell to our pick we couldn't just pass that up....

Eleazar
11-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Samie Parker is a scrub.

Jordan Black deserves some honorable mention.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Samie Parker is a scrub.

Where are those people that said Steve Smith wouldn't start for the Chiefs again....... :)

cdcox
11-12-2006, 10:29 PM
We should be picking the best players available save a few positions......you can legit point at holes at alot of places.

We can survive at RLB with the talent on the roster or cheap replacements. I'm concerned about OL, QB (Croyle developing would be nice, but no certainty), and WR. Some youth at CB and a stud DT would be pretty useful too. Somewhere in that mix is a RLB, but some needs are more urgent.

Eleazar
11-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Where are those people that said Steve Smith wouldn't start for the Chiefs again....... :)

Yeah, he's Steve Smith, just waiting to break out when he gets his playing time.

When mean ol' Vermeil leaves and a coach comes in who will let Samie of Nazareth actually take the field, you're going to see the next Torry Holt start to bloom.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Yeah, he's Steve Smith, just waiting to break out when he gets his playing time.

When mean ol' Vermeil leaves and a coach comes in who will let Samie of Nazareth actually take the field, you're going to see the next Torry Holt start to bloom.

I meant the one at USC......awhile back when Musberger said USC had better WR's than the Chiefs do several people said "Jarrett ok, Steve Smith no way" I bet ole Steve could start for us....

cdcox
11-12-2006, 10:31 PM
We have line issues on both sides but if say....Dwayne Jarrett fell to our pick we couldn't just pass that up....

WR is a place where we have definite need, given Kennison's age and the fact that Parker is just a guy you hope doesn't screw up.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Like I said, common spelling mistake. You've been warned.

Uh...thanks. I guess? I already knew what word he was looking for.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Our biggest area of need is DT. After that it is OT. Everything else is secondary to those.

Areas of need after those (or how I would rank them)

WR #3
OG #4
CB #5
ROLB #6

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Our biggest area of need is DT. After that it is OT. Everything else is secondary to those.

Areas of need after those (or how I would rank them)

WR #3
OG #4
CB #5
ROLB #6

Even of that's the area of need odds are the draft won't break that way.

I think they should be taking the best players available at virtually any position other than RB or TE.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 10:37 PM

I think they should be taking the best players available at virtually any position other than RB or TE.

I wasn't doing it according to round, just in terms of weighted need. And no, it won't break that way. I agree.

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:39 PM

I agree with that.

cdcox
11-12-2006, 10:46 PM

I probably wouldn't take a DE unless it was some kind of tweener that could play LB.

I'd hesitate at S unless it was someone that I thought would be a real star and there was a large gap to the next person. Not because I think we are set at that position, but we just drafted two guys.

I don't like drafting G or C in the first couple rounds, especially, the first. I just think you can find great players at those positions in later rounds.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 10:47 PM
CB...DT...OL...WR...FB

These are the most important positions to draft. Not necessarily in that order. Surtain and Law are getting old. We really need a youth infusion at CB. The rest are obvious.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 10:49 PM
The sad thing is that I don't know if we have a top 10 CB on this roster, which is pathetic given the amount of $$ invested in that position.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:50 PM
I probably wouldn't take a DE unless it was some kind of tweener that could play LB.

I'd hesitate at S unless it was someone that I thought would be a real star and there was a large gap to the next person. Not because I think we are set at that position, but we just drafted two guys.

I don't like drafting G or C in the first couple rounds, especially, the first. I just think you can find great players at those positions in later rounds.

I don't think you take Guards or Centers in 1-2 either unless the guy is truly great.

See I get iffy on DE but people said that about the Giants and Kiwi is paying off for them. I think if the guy is bar none the best player, you can never have to many good ends seeing as we rotate.

The Safety thing intrigues me because........I think we're gonna have a shot at Brandon Meriweather and I think he does thave that type of "star" potential at the position.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2006, 10:53 PM
The Safety thing intrigues me because........I think we're gonna have a shot at Brandon Meriweather and I think he does thave that type of "star" potential at the position.

The Chiefs are set at safety. Page and Pollard are going to be the starters for years to come.

cdcox
11-12-2006, 10:53 PM
I don't follow college ball at all, so I don't know much about specific draftees until just before the draft, and then only for about the first round.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:55 PM
The Chiefs are set at safety. Page and Pollard are going to be the starters for years to come.

Meh.......Solid maybe but I don't think either will ever be a "game changer" that alot of great defenses seem to have now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 10:58 PM

C'mon man....we'll be lucky if they end up like Woods and Tongue.

Direckshun
11-12-2006, 10:58 PM
I gotta vote Turley. Our offensive line has struggled all three games he's played.

Why the hell is Ty Law's name on this list? Are we really that ignorant? He's the freaking leader of our much-improved secondary and he's have a solid year.

cdcox
11-12-2006, 10:59 PM
See I get iffy on DE but people said that about the Giants and Kiwi is paying off for them. I think if the guy is bar none the best player, you can never have to many good ends seeing as we rotate.

Strahan is near the end of his career, but if we could get a Reggie White, I sure wouldn't turn that down. But you never know who those guys are before the draft. So many top 10 guys turn out to be busts, or only decent.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Strahan is near the end of his career, but if we could get a Reggie White, I sure wouldn't turn that down. But you never know who those guys are before the draft. So many top 10 guys turn out to be busts, or only decent.

You can never have to many good Dlineman.....Hicks and Sims still get in games so that's proof....

cdcox
11-12-2006, 11:06 PM
You can never have to many good Dlineman.....Hicks and Sims still get in games so that's proof....

Sims, top 6 talent...

Mecca
11-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Sims, top 6 talent...

I wanted John Henderson god damn it! The Chiefs defiled me by not picking the guy I wanted.

HemiEd
11-13-2006, 04:45 AM
Samie Parker, he needs to hit the road. Dante Hall has me concerned. I keep seeing him call out guys, he is the one running backwards.

StcChief
11-13-2006, 06:57 AM
Still Hicks even as a backup.
Overpaid POS

King_Chief_Fan
11-13-2006, 07:12 AM
Turley, Law, Solari, and Dante Friggen Hall.

King_Chief_Fan
11-13-2006, 07:14 AM
It was tough between HIcks and Sims... It is good that you do not hear Law name as a CB during the game, it means he is doing his job..

True he has not gotten the Ints, but he and Surtain have done a great job at containing like they are suppose too in this defense...

what game were you watching yesterday. The long Bomb that set up the Miami TD had Law burned to a crisp.

Bob Dole
11-13-2006, 07:34 AM
I gotta vote Turley. Our offensive line has struggled all three games he's played.

Says the guy voting for a player who has at least played.

How many snaps has Sims played this year?

Chief Chief
11-13-2006, 07:35 AM
Based on pay, Ty Law's performance isn't livin' up to all the hype that was thrown out there before Carl signed him.

Bob Dole
11-13-2006, 07:36 AM
what game were you watching yesterday. The long Bomb that set up the Miami TD had Law burned to a crisp.

That bomb was a flea flicker... It's not like Law just fell down.

King_Chief_Fan
11-13-2006, 08:45 AM
That bomb was a flea flicker... It's not like Law just fell down.

This time he didn't. But still burned by 10 yards....all pro CB:shake:

alanm
11-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Samie Parker is a scrub.

I'm suprised Parker isn't running away with this poll. Turley shouldn't even be a starter with his injury history. We knew what we were getting when we signed him. He shouldn't have been anything more than a emergency starter. The 2 boo-boo boys Sampson and Switek for my money have been more disapointing for the simple fact that they can't seem to make it on the field. Fox is still coming back from having last year off. Mitchell despite being in position to make plays game after game keeps whiffing on QB's and RB's. He needs to zero in on their waists instead of falling for leg and head fakes. But Parker is my front runner since he keeps constantly dropping the ball and can't get separation. Oh he'll make the occasional great grab. But for every one of those comes 5 drops. :banghead: :cuss:

DJJasonp
11-13-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm suprised Parker isn't running away with this poll. Turley shouldn't even be a starter with his injury history. We knew what we were getting when we signed him. He shouldn't have been anything more than a emergency starter. The 2 boo-boo boys Sampson and Switek for my money have been more disapointing for the simple fact that they can't seem to make it on the field. Fox is still coming back from having last year off. Mitchell despite being in position to make plays game after game keeps whiffing on QB's and RB's. He needs to zero in on their waists instead of falling for leg and head fakes. But Parker is my front runner since he keeps constantly dropping the ball and can't get separation. Oh he'll make the occasional great grab. But for every one of those comes 5 drops. :banghead: :cuss:

I agree with many of these points. We shouldnt blame Turley....hell, he was trying out for tight end and the brain trust at one arrowhead drive thought we could put him on the OL...sound familiar??? (drafting safeties and making them CB's???)

As much as Parker has been horrible....I think we're getting the best he has to offer....and again, this is a front office mistake...putting what amounts to a 4th or 5th receiver as your #2......and on that note...why you have a 5' 7" guy running fade routes (dante hall) just doesnt make much sense to me...but Huard continues to try it (hall doesnt get the separation his speed would lead you to believe he should get)....and on that note....as much as Hall has been dancing around....I dont see a whole lot of open running lanes either.

I think my vote goes to Ty Law....I think everyone around here is content because he's an upgrade over Warfield (but then again..I'M an upgrade over Warfield)....but as much money as we're paying Law to be a dominant pro-bowl, shutdown corner, he hasnt made enough plays to warrant that title, not to mention the amount of times he's given up big plays.

I realize we have a lot crappier players on our roster (Sims/Hicks, etc.)....but I'm making my decision based upon expectations...and Law has disappointed me the most given that criteria.

boogblaster
11-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Bell is invisible...dont know how he could demand a check..Turley is to small to play OT,hes more suitable to play OG..Fox missed tackles that had to be made,which DJ would have..the above that don't start don't matter..and last and far from least, Mikie can't call a full game for shit..................

TEX
11-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Bell is invisible...dont know how he could demand a check..Turley is to small to play OT,hes more suitable to play OG..Fox missed tackles that had to be made,which DJ would have..the above that don't start don't matter..and last and far from least, Mikie can't call a full game for shit..................

You should say that ," Mikie can't call a full game for Herm."

kc rush
11-13-2006, 08:53 PM
I had to go with Hicks. It seems like every time there is a big play, the next thing I see is Hicks jogging off of the field.

Then again, he isn't in there to pressure the QB, make tackles or be anywhere near the play. His job is to occupy blockers...or so I've been told.

banyon
11-13-2006, 09:05 PM
I voted Bell.

Since Sims has hit the pine, I can't think of anyone else who gets so big a check for so little.

TinyEvel
11-14-2006, 12:14 AM
Sims wins this poll through 9 games, 10 games, 11 games, etc.

He won it last year, the year before, and the year before. He will win it next year most likely and as long as he wears a chiefs uni. Just glad I dont own a Sims Jersey.

There was a scrawny looking boy in the Chiefs bar this weeknd wearing a Sims Jersey. I had to look again a second time to make sure that's what it was.

Drew
11-14-2006, 02:31 AM
Samie Parker is a scrub.

samie closes his eyes, makes a catch , and its the super bowl winner! go samie!

GET RID OF HIM!