PDA

View Full Version : Computer problem

D2112
11-12-2006, 10:45 PM
I was doing a disk cleanup/defrag a couple of days ago and accidentally hit delete temporary downloaded files..I got a warning about it,saying windows components being deleted might effect windows..and stopped it..but since then..my computer has been shutting off right to blue screen saying it had to dump memory??

I did a virus scan..and went to windows update..all is well

But the shutting off to blue screen shit is getting annoying

HELP

Bugeater
11-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Install a bowl of antifreeze.

BigRock
11-12-2006, 10:47 PM
You might need to re-install Windows. I don't know why it would have deleted important files, but something must have happened that's messing around with the OS.

D2112
11-12-2006, 10:59 PM
You might need to re-install Windows. I don't know why it would have deleted important files, but something must have happened that's messing around with the OS.
Yeah..I had to reinstall MCafee virus scan and firewall..

Souns like I need tech support :shake: :shake:

DaFace
11-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Yeah..I had to reinstall MCafee virus scan and firewall..

Souns like I need tech support :shake: :shake:

Depending on what your blue screen is, it may be fairly easy to fix. Can you get into Windows at all? If so, browse to your c:\windows\minidump folder. These files are named based on the date they happen. Attach the most recent one of those to an email and send it to me at mattherndon@yahoo.com. I'll analyze it and see if I can figure out what's causing your issue.

D2112
11-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Depending on what your blue screen is, it may be fairly easy to fix. Can you get into Windows at all? If so, browse to your c:\windows\minidump folder. These files are named based on the date they happen. Attach the most recent one of those to an email and send it to me at mattherndon@yahoo.com. I'll analyze it and see if I can figure out what's causing your issue.
Thanks man..

how do I browse to my mini dump folder??

do I paste what you just typed into run??

DaFace
11-13-2006, 01:38 AM
If nothing else, just open up my computer, then open your c drive, look for a windows folder, and then look for a minidump folder.

Or type it into "run." That should get you there, too.

Demonpenz
11-13-2006, 01:47 AM
have you tried firefox yet?

ClevelandBronco
11-13-2006, 02:10 AM
Buy a friggin Mac and run Windows on it if you absolutely have no other choice.