PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Injuries

Direckshun
11-12-2006, 10:51 PM
How much did key injuries hurt us?

And if they seriously hurt us, even to the extent of costing us the victory, can you really call us anything shy of a dangerously good team?

I really want to explore this issue, and I don't think we've done it in depth just yet, so feel free to explore this as meticulously as you want.

Trent Green (QB)
Long-time leader of one of the greatest offenses the NFL's seen. If LJ is KC's heart, Trent's the soul.
Brian Waters (G)
The emotional soul of our line. Also, offensive lines need chemistry that takes weeks, not days, to build.
Kevin Sampson (RT)
A sturdy run blocker and, all around, a surprisingly good RT.
Derrick Johnson (MLB)
The emotional soul of our linebacking core, and most talented LB.
Greg Wesley (FS)
Fast, battle-tested safety with a truckload of interceptions on his resume.
Tamba Hali (DE)
One half of the D-line's soul, no doubt hindered in this game by his hip pointer.
Ronnie Cruz (FB)
Ferocious blocker that filled in well for Tony Richardson, with no pure blocking FB on the lot to back him up.

Are the Chiefs, fully healthy, the team we thought they were before this game?

I know it's not sheik to blame injuries for losses, but it's undeniable a couple of those injuries have slowed us down. My question here is, how much have they slowed us down?

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:52 PM
That's all part of the game though.......

By the way I think we've been better with Wilson playing FB than we were with Cruz.

Direckshun
11-12-2006, 10:54 PM
That's all part of the game though.......
That's not even remotely close to what this thread is discussing.

Of course injuries are a part of sports. I'm not retarded.

The question is how much these injuries have held us back. Are we a 6-3 team at the end of today if these injuries hadn't occurred?

milkman
11-12-2006, 10:55 PM
I think the O-Line injuries really hurt the chemistry of the offense, which in turn really hurt Huard's performance today.

I agree with Mecca on Wilson.

Mecca
11-12-2006, 10:56 PM

The question is how much these injuries have held us back. Are we a 6-3 team at the end of today if these injuries hadn't occurred?

Maybe.......This just looks like the typical Chiefs team injuries or not right now. We've all seen this stuff happen for years now.

Hoover
11-12-2006, 10:56 PM
It hurt when I got injured once, so yes, I think they hurt.

Hoover
11-12-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm not retarded.

How do we know?

VonneMarie
11-12-2006, 10:58 PM

Yes and probably even better. It's funny how all these injuries are catching up to the Chiefs this season when were relatively injury free for the last 3 seasons or so.
:(

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Cruz getting hurt improved our O. Page was a huge improvement over Wesley today, IMO (which is pathetic to say). He actually made plays in the passing game and never got his ass handed to him. Maybe Sampson isn't that bad, god knows that Turley is a f*cking absolute joke.

Direckshun
Maybe.
Well, thank you for playing, Mecca.

Chan93lx50
Yes and probably even better. It's funny how all these injuries are catching up to the Chiefs this season when were relatively injury free for the last 3 seasons or so.
:(

The Sun shines on a dogs ass for only so long!

VonneMarie
11-12-2006, 11:02 PM
The Sun shines on a dogs ass for only so long!
LMAO - Can the sun come back for another 2 1/2 months?

KurtCobain
11-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Are we a 6-3 team at the end of today if these injuries hadn't occurred?

I believe we could've easily been a 7-2 team without injuries. Don't forget the Denver game would've been ours if we hadn't had an a quaterback on a leash.

But yeah, they've hurt us. But every team has got injury problems, look at the seahawks. Their main goto guys are out, and they're fairing better than us. It's who can deal with injuries, and besides Huard coming through as QB, and obviously LJ, we've been a bad injury team for a few years.

cdcox
11-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah, the injuries that we suffered in St. Louis alone made enough difference to account for the loss today. But those are the breaks.

Chan93lx50
11-12-2006, 11:04 PM
You should add Roaf to the equation, the guy did not return because his injuries did not heal from Spring camp

Yes we are getting the injury bug this year. To look on the brightside it is adding some very good depth to our team. Wilson earned the starting FB position even if Cruz returns. Our O-line has some solid backups now and should be pretty stout next year if we can get a line that sticks together.

The Injury to DJ sucks but is giving Griffin and Fox some playtime. (Though Fox is playing injured). Hopefully all these injuries will pay off next season with rewarding us with a even better team.