PDA

View Full Version : Gretz: Gonzo Out 2 To 4 Weeks?

Donger
11-13-2006, 10:42 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/11/13/gretz_chiefs_crack_in_crunch_time/

2nd-and-16: Huard throws one down the deep middle for Tony Gonzalez, who was covered quite well by safety Yeremiah Bell. At the end of the play, it looks like Bell had made the interception, but the officials ruled it incomplete. The bigger problem was that Gonzalez was still on the ground. He suffered a separated shoulder on the play and will miss the next two to four weeks.

morphius
11-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Kick Ass!!! (actually something completely opposite)

The team is just falling to pieces, literally.

Well, I didn't expect to make the playoff's this year, and this along with all the OL injuries almost seals the deal.

ROYC75
11-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Ouch, that just sucks.........

Rain Man
11-13-2006, 11:33 AM
They should've replaced Rock N Roll Part 2 with the wail of an ambulance siren, the way this year is going.

jspchief
11-13-2006, 11:34 AM

Well, I didn't expect to make the playoff's this year, and this along with all the OL injuries almost seals the deal.It really has me thinking about missed opportunity.

We had a stratch through the Vermeil years where we were very fortunate in regards to injuries. Between that and the offense, we really blew a rare opportunity.

teedubya
11-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Chiefs to the Superbowl in 2073!!! yes!

hawkchief
11-13-2006, 11:43 AM
It really has me thinking about missed opportunity.

We had a stratch through the Vermeil years where we were very fortunate in regards to injuries. Between that and the offense, we really blew a rare opportunity.

That's exactly why many of us believe that Carl Peterson should have been fired a few years ago. With the stockpile of relatively young & healthy offensive talent on hand, he refused to upgrade a pathetic defense or bring in a tiop-flight WR to help Tony, when it mattered. Our window has officially slammed shut. Now we will enjoy watching the Bobers, Blacks, Sviteks Wilsons et al cutting their teeth while our studs of yesteryear, see Green, Gonzo, Holmes, Roaf, Shields, Waters start getting joint repalcements.

Nice job Carl!

stevieray
11-13-2006, 11:43 AM
It really has me thinking about missed opportunity.

we all knew they waited too long to fix the defense...I think that's why it's so easy for some to throw Priest and Trent under the bus..in the end, all the offense had to show for kicking ass is stats.

we won't see an opportunity like that again for awhile.

Kylo Ren
11-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Well, we should see more of Kris Wilson over the next few weeks.

jynni
11-13-2006, 12:05 PM
That's exactly why many of us believe that Carl Peterson should have been fired a few years ago. With the stockpile of relatively young & healthy offensive talent on hand, he refused to upgrade a pathetic defense or bring in a tiop-flight WR to help Tony, when it mattered. Our window has officially slammed shut. Now we will enjoy watching the Bobers, Blacks, Sviteks Wilsons et al cutting their teeth while our studs of yesteryear, see Green, Gonzo, Holmes, Roaf, Shields, Waters start getting joint repalcements.

Nice job Carl!
One more WR wouldn't have helped all that much in years past. We would've lost games 32-31 because the "d" couldn't stop a high school team from scoring.

morphius
11-13-2006, 12:06 PM
we all knew they waited too long to fix the defense...I think that's why it's so easy for some to throw Priest and Trent under the bus..in the end, all the offense had to show for kicking ass is stats.

we won't see an opportunity like that again for awhile.
It is disappointing that people toss them under the bus the way they have.

Heck, you could technically add Roaf to the injury list for the year, because if his hamstring would have held up in minicamp he would have come back. Now next year you have Shields retiring and a lot of the team is going to be FA's.

I have to say that I really hate that I'm getting used to this kind of crap happening.

StcChief
11-13-2006, 12:10 PM
It is disappointing that people toss them under the bus the way they have.

Heck, you could technically add Roaf to the injury list for the year, because if his hamstring would have held up in minicamp he would have come back. Now next year you have Shields retiring and a lot of the team is going to be FA's.

I have to say that I really hate that I'm getting used to this kind of crap happening.

The SB windows have been opened and closed so many times.....
it is SSDD (same sh1t Different Decade) with Chief fans.

morphius
11-13-2006, 12:12 PM
The SB windows have been opened and closed so many times.....
it is SSDD (same sh1t Different Decade) with Chief fans.
rinse and repeat...

Redrum_69
11-13-2006, 12:17 PM
When the Chiefs make the playoffs this year, I'm going to bump everyone of these threads...just to remind you who jumped ship and who stayed.

Everyone wants their team to go undefeated...it doesnt happen. Do you think all the Bears fans left their team because they lost once?

Tell you what...If the Chiefs dont make the playoffs, I'll leave this board.

htismaqe
11-13-2006, 12:24 PM

Nice job Carl!

ROFL

After the 2001 acquisition of Green and Holmes and the 2002 acquisition of Roaf, who else did we acquire?

ALL DEFENSIVE PLAYERS.

And in the draft? Defense, defense, and more defense.

Being incompetent does not equal complacency.

morphius
11-13-2006, 12:26 PM
When the Chiefs make the playoffs this year, I'm going to bump everyone of these threads...just to remind you who jumped ship and who stayed.

Everyone wants their team to go undefeated...it doesnt happen. Do you think all the Bears fans left their team because they lost once?

Tell you what...If the Chiefs dont make the playoffs, I'll leave this board.
Oh, I'll be here every week cheering them to win every damn game they play. Luckily we have two home games coming up, and we should be in the running of the playoff's at the end of the year because we do have enough talent to get there. But with half of them sitting in street clothes it does make it that much harder.

hawkchief
11-13-2006, 03:12 PM
ROFL

After the 2001 acquisition of Green and Holmes and the 2002 acquisition of Roaf, who else did we acquire?

ALL DEFENSIVE PLAYERS.

If it makes you feel better to call Carl only incompetent, fine. I happen to believe there was a level of financial complacency involved as well i.e. not spending the dollars necessary to get sure-fire defensive FA's we needed. (His record of drafting defense in the draft, when we sorely needed it is simply pathetic (see Freeman, Sims, Siavii etc. etc.) The bottom line is he did a pi$$ poor job with a load of offensive talent that few GM's ever see in the entirety of their career.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Denver is going to kill us.

BIG_DADDY
11-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Seperated shoulders suck, they never fully heal. I could tell that's what happened the way he was holding it. If I could have just injury out of the many I have had back it would be that one.

DJJasonp
11-13-2006, 03:44 PM

We all thought the same thing in week 2.......

As long as Fake Plummer is QB (see yesterday for examples)....we got a shot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 03:46 PM
We all thought the same thing in week 2.......

As long as Fake Plummer is QB (see yesterday for examples)....we got a shot.

If Trent plays, and Bigfoot goes off, we have a chance, but I don't know if I should keep my hopes up.

Dammit Huard :cuss:

OnTheWarpath58
11-13-2006, 04:17 PM
DAMNIT CARL! :cuss:

I hate when I'm right.......

The way he left the field with that arm hanging confirms it for me.....

Looked a lot like a separation.....

Hope I'm wrong....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=152055

FAX
11-13-2006, 05:13 PM
This organization has wasted some awesome talent through the years.

FAX

C-Mac
11-13-2006, 05:36 PM
FWIW The article does not state how long TG will be out. Did Donger add this or did they remove this info?

andoman
11-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Anybody notice how woefully underthrown that ball was?

Donger
11-13-2006, 05:57 PM
FWIW The article does not state how long TG will be out. Did Donger add this or did they remove this info?

Wow. Good catch. No, I didn't add anything. They must have removed it.

C-Mac
11-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Wow. Good catch. No, I didn't add anything. They must have removed it.

KFFL
TE Gonzalez out two to three weeks

ESPNews, citing the Palm Beach Post, reports Kansas City Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez (shoulder) is expected to miss two to three weeks of action with a shoulder injury. The Kansas City Star reports Gonzalez will undergo additional tests.

orange
11-13-2006, 06:26 PM
ROFL

ALL DEFENSIVE PLAYERS.

Larry Johnson?

Raiderhader
11-13-2006, 06:34 PM

The hell they will.

htismaqe
11-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Larry Johnson?

You found one example out of nearly 45 draft picks.

Our 1st-day picks under Vermeil were:

Eric Downing - DT
Snoop Minnis - WR
Ryan Sims - DT
Eddie Freeman - DT
Larry Johnson - RB
Kawika Mitchell - LB
Julian Battle - CB
Junior Siavii - DT
Kris Wilson - TE
Key Fox - LB
Derrick Johnson - LB
Dustin Colquitt - P

The idea that Carl Peterson REFUSED to upgrade the defense is pure, unadulterated BULLSHIT.

Hammock Parties
11-13-2006, 06:59 PM
We don't need Tony Gonzalez against the Broncos and Raiders. Their offenses are so pitiful, we'll win regardless.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 07:00 PM
We don't need Tony Gonzalez against the Broncos and Raiders. Their offenses are so pitiful, we'll win regardless.

We only scored 10 points with him, and according to Teicher, Trent's not going to play in week 11 either. :shake:

Hammock Parties
11-13-2006, 07:03 PM
We only scored 10 points with him

That was on the road.

OctoberFart
11-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Our D is better than yours and we get after the Q. Now you are right our O might possibly be the worst in history and Oak should Punt on first down. Miami is a similar team to RAIDERS and you guys saw what Huard did under Pressure. I can guarantee that OAK will get after Huard whether OAK wins remains unlikely but I know you fans are nervous, nothing burns you guys worse than losing to RAIDERS and that is a possible this year.

Hammock Parties
11-13-2006, 07:22 PM
The Autumn Wind is a Raider.

And hoooooooooo boy does it stink!

TEX
11-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Our D is better than yours and we get after the Q. Now you are right our O might possibly be the worst in history and Oak should Punt on first down. Miami is a similar team to RAIDERS and you guys saw what Huard did under Pressure. I can guarantee that OAK will get after Huard whether OAK wins remains unlikely but I know you fans are nervous, nothing burns you guys worse than losing to RAIDERS and that is a possible this year.

It's always possible because it's a division game. But, your D is not significantly better than the Chiefs. The Chiefs rushing defense is better and the Raiders passing defense is slightly better than KC's. Oakland also has a 1/10 of a point better scoring defense which means thigs are pretty even on defense.

You don't even want to compare offenses. I'll be kind and simply say that Oakland is far worse offensively.

OctoberFart
11-13-2006, 08:10 PM
It's always possible because it's a division game. But, your D is not significantly better than the Chiefs. The Chiefs rushing defense is better and the Raiders passing defense is slightly better than KC's. Oakland also has a 1/10 of a point better scoring defense which means thigs are pretty even on defense.

You don't even want to compare offenses. I'll be kind and simply say that Oakland is far worse offensively.
I didn't say significantly, but the RAIDERS pts allowed is higher than it should be due to the inept O. If OAK can contain Diaper Boy and keep score close to 4th Q they have a chance.

Adept Havelock
11-13-2006, 08:15 PM
I didn't say significantly, but the RAIDERS pts allowed is higher than it should be due to the inept O. If OAK can contain Diaper Boy and keep score close to 4th Q they have a chance.

Yes, they have a chance.

About as much of a chance as GoChiefs has of losing his virginity to Carrie "Pudgy" Underwood.

the Talking Can
11-13-2006, 08:42 PM
This organization has wasted some awesome talent through the years.

FAX

amen....one of the best OL's EVER and ****ing zip nadda nothing...

stevieray
11-13-2006, 08:46 PM
diaper boy?

man, that's prolly the weakest smack evar.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-13-2006, 08:47 PM

Well, I didn't expect to make the playoff's this year, and this along with all the OL injuries almost seals the deal.

douche

OctoberFart
11-13-2006, 09:08 PM
diaper boy?

man, that's prolly the weakest smack evar.

Don't look at me your ex coined him the term.

Wa-Z
11-13-2006, 09:51 PM
That sucks...so does this season.

splatbass
11-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Chiefs to the Superbowl in 2073!!! yes!

Awesome! I'll only be 112. I better stop smoking......