PDA

View Full Version : Turley needs to beef up or get out!

Kylo Ren
11-13-2006, 01:22 PM
I had high hopes for Turley during the offseason. I believed that he could play at a lighter weight. I figured his talent / technique could overcome his lack of size / weight. But now we know that he CAN'T do it. He CAN'T play LT or RT in the NFL at 285 or 275 or 265 lbs. During training camp I heard that he was up to almost 290 lbs. During the 1st game of the season they said he weighed 275. Yesterday they said he weighs 265. I don't know what to believe. But, I assume now that he's closer to 265 than 290. We need him as a RT or LT. To do that he needs to be 295 at the very least. He's getting thrown around at his current weight. I think he'd be a good starting RT or a good backup LT for us at 310. But he's worthless to us at 265. We don't want him as a TE. If he can't play LT or RT, we don't want him. He's a waste of a roster spot and salary cap. And as I've said he can't play LT / RT unless he beefs up to about 300. If his sore back can't handle the extra weight then he needs to get out of the NFL or at least off the Chiefs roster. That may be harsh, but too bad. That's the NFL. I like Turley. I think he's a talent. I think he could be a beast of a RT or LT. But, if his back can't hack it and he can't add weight, he's DONE. I'd put him on IR or the PUP or whatever and reevaluate him next offseason. If he can beef up and prove that he can play and his back will handle the extra weight, then fine. I'd give him a chance to work with his doctors and prove what he can do. But, if he can't weigh around 300 and be affective and healthy and reliable, then he's got to go. That's it. End of story. The Turley saga is really bugging me if you can't tell.

BIG_DADDY
11-13-2006, 01:23 PM
The same could be said about you lightweight.

penguinz
11-13-2006, 01:25 PM
I had high hopes for Turley during the offseason. I believed that he could play at a lighter weight. I figured his talent / technique could overcome his lack of size / weight. But now we know that he CAN'T do it. He CAN'T play LT or RT in the NFL at 285 or 275 or 265 lbs. During training camp I heard that he was up to almost 290 lbs. During the 1st game of the season they said he weighed 275. Yesterday they said he weighs 265. I don't know what to believe. But, I assume now that he's closer to 265 than 290. We need him as a RT or LT. To do that he needs to be 295 at the very least. He's getting thrown around at his current weight. I think he'd be a good starting RT or a good backup LT for us at 310. But he's worthless to us at 265. We don't want him as a TE. If he can't play LT or RT, we don't want him. He's a waste of a roster spot and salary cap. And as I've said he can't play LT / RT unless he beefs up to about 300. If his sore back can't handle the extra weight than he needs to get out of the NFL or at least off the Chiefs roster. That may be harsh, but too bad. That's the NFL. I like Turley. I think he's a talent. I think he could be a beast of a RT or LT. But, if his back can't hack it and he can't add weight, than he's DONE. I'd put him on IR or the PUP or whatever and reevaluate him next offseason. If he can beef up and prove that he can play and his back will handl the extra weight, then fine. I'd give him a chance to work with his doctors and prove what he can do. But, if he can't weigh around 300 and be affective and healthy, then he's got to go. That's it. End of story. The Turley saga is really bugging me if you can't tell.Do you suffer from ADHD?

KC-TBB
11-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Man it is amazing how bad the line looked yesterday...Turley and Bober=Bad Combo!

Redrum_69
Paragraphs...paragraphs...subject changes require some from of paragraphs.

Were you home-schooled?

Rain Man
When I was a kid, a 260-lb. player was big. There were a few 270+ lb. players who were viewed as enormous, guys like Buck Buchanan and Jim Tyrer and Ben Davidson.

KC-TBB
11-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Hey Penguin, the Dark Tower series by King was awesome...I'm ready to read it again!

jspchief
11-13-2006, 01:27 PM
He's never going to be a great tackle again. When he adds wieght, his back acts up.

That being said, what would you suggest in the meantime? We had both starting tackles leave the team after the draft and late in free agency. Signing him was a desperate attempt to address a desperate situation. It looks like it isn't going to work.

morphius
11-13-2006, 01:30 PM
He's never going to be a great tackle again. When he adds wieght, his back acts up.

That being said, what would you suggest in the meantime? We had both starting tackles leave the team after the draft and late in free agency. Signing him was a desperate attempt to address a desperate situation. It looks like it isn't going to work.
That is it in a nutshell. This is his last year in the league.

Next year we need an OT, 'cause Sampson can't stay healthy, and a starting replacement for Shields. Not good at all.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-13-2006, 01:30 PM
you have got to love the little board rivalries, Gunther_Fan - BIG_DADDY, Hitsmaq(sp) - Laz, Skiptowne - GoChiefs. The list goes on...

Redrum_69
11-13-2006, 01:32 PM
I had high hopes for mom during the offseason. I believed that she could play at a lighter weight. I figured her talent / technique could overcome her lack of size / weight. But now we know that she CAN'T do it. She CAN'T play LT or RT in the NFL at 285 or 275 or 265 lbs. During training camp I heard that she was up to almost 290 lbs. During the 1st game of the season they said she weighed 275. Yesterday they said she weighs 265. I don't know what to believe. But, I assume now that she's closer to 265 than 290. We need her as a RT or LT. To do that she needs to be 295 at the very least. She's getting thrown around at her current weight. I think she'd be a good starting RT or a good backup LT for us at 310. But she's worthless to us at 265. We don't want her as a TE. If she can't play LT or RT, we don't want her. She's a waste of a roster spot and salary cap. And as I've said she can't play LT / RT unless she beefs up to about 300. If her sore back can't handle the extra weight then she needs to get out of the NFL or at least off the Chiefs roster. That may be harsh, but too bad. That's the NFL. I like mom. I think she's a talent. I think she could be a beast of a RT or LT. But, if her back can't hack it and she can't add weight, she's DONE. I'd put her on IR or the PUP or whatever and reevaluate her next offseason. If she can beef up and prove that she can play and her back will handle the extra weight, then fine. I'd give her a chance to work with her doctors and prove what she can do. But, if she can't weigh around 300 and be affective and healthy and reliable, then she's got to go. That's it. End of story. The mom saga is really bugging me if you can't tell.

There, thats better...your mom would be proud....

penguinz
11-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Hey Penguin, the Dark Tower series by King was awesome...I'm ready to read it again!You shold read all the books that are part of the Dark Tower Saga not just the Dark Tower books.

KC-TBB
11-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Yep read em all, my son gave me the same advise.

4th and Long
11-13-2006, 01:41 PM
We have a winner. More weight on a bad back = Turley riding the pine.

Fairplay
11-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Have Turley take over the tightend spot.

BIG_DADDY
11-13-2006, 01:43 PM
you have got to love the little board rivalries, Gunther_Fan - BIG_DADDY, Hitsmaq(sp) - Laz, Skiptowne - GoChiefs. The list goes on...

Not much of a rivalry. Just slapping around the BB tard.

Mecca
That is it in a nutshell. This is his last year in the league.

Next year we need an OT, 'cause Sampson can't stay healthy, and a starting replacement for Shields. Not good at all.

Welbourne can take one of the spots.......Probably RG, We really need a LT so we can stop gap RT for next year then get a player there for the following season.

4th and Long
You're just upset because you can't ever catch me.

* MEEP MEEP *

http://www.dia.uniroma3.it/db/roadRunner/icons/roadrunner.gif

Kylo Ren
11-13-2006, 02:14 PM

Were you home-schooled?

Yes. I agree. It's just some random, rambling thoughts. I didn't put much effort into it. :)

TRR
11-13-2006, 02:19 PM
It's time to get Welbourn, and Terry involved. I don't care where Welbourn plays at...RG, RT, LT...He is better than Black, Sampson, Bober, and Turley. Welbourn was an anchor at RT last season. KC needs to get him involved, especially with how horrible the line looked yesterday.

Fish
11-13-2006, 02:30 PM
It's time to get Welbourn, and Terry involved. I don't care where Welbourn plays at...RG, RT, LT...He is better than Black, Sampson, Bober, and Turley. Welbourn was an anchor at RT last season. KC needs to get him involved, especially with how horrible the line looked yesterday.

Welbourn hasn't looked good at all in his limited action since he's been back. And I've lost respect for him...

I'd hate to see us have to rely on him the rest of the season...

penguinz
11-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Welbourn hasn't looked good at all in his limited action since he's been back. And I've lost respect for him...
The guy has only been back for a few weeks. He was thrown into the game on barely two weeks practice. Give the guy a break you dumbass.

el borracho
11-13-2006, 02:47 PM
I'd put him on IR or the PUP or whatever and reevaluate him next offseason.
There is no next season for Turley. For whatever reason Turley wanted one more year in the league and this is it. He retires after this season (which is the best scenario for all).

Fish
11-13-2006, 02:47 PM
The guy has only been back for a few weeks. He was thrown into the game on barely two weeks practice. Give the guy a break you dumbass.

He put himself in that situation when he failed his second test for banned substances. Then he pulls his "retirement" bullshit and makes himself look like a fool in the process.

Welbourn has no one to blame but himself. And it's his fault he's only been back for a few weeks. He wasn't around when the team needed him the most because of his stupid repeated mistakes.. He doesn't deserve a break in this case.....dumbass....

penguinz
11-13-2006, 02:49 PM
He put himself in that situation when he failed his second test for banned substances. Then he pulls his "retirement" bullshit and makes himself look like a fool in the process.

Welbourn has no one to blame but himself. And it's his fault he's only been back for a few weeks. He wasn't around when the team needed him the most because of his stupid repeated mistakes.. He doesn't deserve a break in this case.....dumbass....Are you really this dumb? None of that has to do with the situation. Was he dumb for getting caught and getting suspended? Yes. Does he suck because he did not play well after only a few days worth of practices? No.

Fish
11-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Are you really this dumb? None of that has to do with the situation.

WTF are you smoking? It has everything to do with this situation..

Was he dumb for getting caught and getting suspended? Yes. Does he suck because he did not play well after only a few days worth of practices? No.

He only had a few days worth of practices because he was caught cheating. He doesn't get a free pass for being out of shape and rusty when his own repeated mistakes are what put him there....

penguinz
11-13-2006, 03:01 PM
WTF are you smoking? It has everything to do with this situation..

He only had a few days worth of practices because he was caught cheating. He doesn't get a free pass for being out of shape and rusty when his own repeated mistakes are what put him there....He was not even supposed to be on the field yet you damn idiot. By the logic you are using we should have cut Croyle because he sh1t his pants and was worthless in his limited play.

Mecca
11-13-2006, 03:04 PM

I'd hate to see us have to rely on him the rest of the season...

I don't care if "you've" lost respect for him or not. It's obvious we need the guy because he's better than just about any other lineman we have right now......

Get the best players on the field.....I don't care if you hate the guy if he can play get him out there.

BIG_DADDY
11-13-2006, 03:04 PM
There, thats better...your mom would be proud....

His mom always got tossed around. That's why tard boy isn't quite right in the head. After getting tossed by the whole team she still had to perform on 2 for 1 nights. GF has more fathers than indentities on this BB. That high protein diet she was on obviously didn't pay off either based upon the looks of GF.

Fish
11-13-2006, 03:09 PM
He was not even supposed to be on the field yet you damn idiot. By the logic you are using we should have cut Croyle because he sh1t his pants and was worthless in his limited play.

Croyle has limited play because he's a inexperienced rookie.... not his fault...

Welbourn has limited play because he was cheating and got caught.... his fault...

Can you see the difference here dipshit?

If Welbourn wouldn't have been on banned substances he would have been a starter from day 1, and would be in football shape and have experience with the other lineman. He doesn't... and it's nobody's fault but his.

penguinz
11-13-2006, 03:33 PM
My god you are a moron. You are definitely the spawn of Redrum and Halfcan.

greg63
11-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Turley needs to beef up or get out!

...I would suggest the latter.

GoHuge
11-13-2006, 03:55 PM

Were you home-schooled? :shake: I love it when people try to give grammar lessons and spell shit wrong themselves. That's just bad "from"

penguinz
11-13-2006, 03:56 PM
:shake: I love it when people try to give grammar lessons and spell shit wrong themselves. That's just bad "from"Grammar and spelling are not the same thing you retard. :)

Fish
11-13-2006, 03:56 PM
My god you are a moron. You are definitely the spawn of Redrum and Halfcan.

Yeah.... when you're the one who can't provide any basis for argument, and has to resort to empty name-calling...

Nice try though....

TEX
11-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Turley was signed because he was cheap. It was a low - risk-high - reward - type of signing. However, if he continues to play a significant amount, it becomes a low risk - low reward type of deal and that's not good for the Chiefs.

penguinz
11-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah.... when you're the one who can't provide any basis for argument, and has to resort to empty name-calling...

Nice try though....
Untrue. You are the one who is being illogical about the whole thing. yes he was suspended. Yes it was his fault he was suspended. Should you still expect someone to be ready to jump back in the game and perform at their best on only two weeks practice? Hell no.

GoHuge
11-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Grammar and spelling are not the same thing you retard. :)How about critiquing ones writing and doing it with misspellings :p

Calcountry
11-14-2006, 01:10 PM

Were you home-schooled?Too many paragraphs is irritating as well, as in, no depth or breadth of subject. Explain that to Clayton.

Calcountry
11-14-2006, 01:13 PM
you have got to love the little board rivalries, Gunther_Fan - BIG_DADDY, Hitsmaq(sp) - Laz, Skiptowne - GoChiefs. The list goes on...What? No Mecca vs bunnytrdr?

Once again, I am hurt. I guess I don't count being out in Kaleefornee-ya.