PDA

View Full Version : NFL Back to Back road games (useless stat)

carlos3652
11-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Only 5 times has a team won both back to back road games. (out of 37 possible)

Indy, NE, Denver, NO, NY Giants

Lzen
11-13-2006, 01:39 PM
37 times. Is that just this year? Hmm, seems like a lot.

KC-TBB
11-13-2006, 01:40 PM
The category is: Teams I hate? Teams that will be in the playoffs? Teams that kicked our ass last time?

Wile_E_Coyote
11-13-2006, 01:41 PM
for years, Chiefs in Florida = loss

Bob Dole
11-13-2006, 01:49 PM
So what you're saying is that playoff teams find a way to win back-to-back road games.

Got it.

carlos3652
11-13-2006, 01:51 PM
37 times. Is that just this year? Hmm, seems like a lot.

Yes... up to week 10...

KC-TBB
11-13-2006, 01:51 PM
I wonder if someone needs to remind Herm of that?

TinyEvel
11-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Woulda coulda shoulda....

We were one play and one missed FG from at least tying that game.

Too little, too late. I blame this loss on the o-line. The D actually had a pretty good game.

htismaqe
11-13-2006, 01:53 PM
It's not a useless stat.

Otherwise, it would have been impossible for me to predict a loss yesterday with 100% confidence.

htismaqe
11-13-2006, 01:54 PM
So what you're saying is that playoff teams find a way to win back-to-back road games.

Got it.

There's more than 5 playoff teams...

Rooster
11-13-2006, 01:54 PM

What are five playoff caliber teams? :banghead: :banghead:

It is very hard to pull the two road wins in a row bit in the NFL. For me it isn't the fact the Chiefs were beat but how they were beat. It was a very eye-opening experience for this homer.

Like someone mentioned earlier though. Den and SD will now start beating each other up now and we will see Den at home with only four days to prepare. It is going to get very interesting in the next couple of weeks.

tk13
11-13-2006, 02:05 PM
It should also be noted that New England and the Giants did it when the 2nd game of that road trip was a MNF game, extra day off. New Orleans and Denver did it against two teams with losing records... which is how back/back road wins usually happen. Denver almost blew it too against Oakland.

Indy's is definitely the most impressive. Actually really impressive. As far as I know they're the only team in the last two years combined to win back/back road games against winning teams, let alone Denver and New England. At least in the regular season.

And as it goes to show, we should've won yesterday, had a team with a losing record on the road, missed opportunity. We would've been on that list, and been in great position for the playoffs. Frustrating.

TEX
11-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Only 5 times has a team won both back to back road games. (out of 37 possible)

This stat is far worse for the Chiefs than most teams. That's why I cringed last year when the Chiefs had 4 such trips (most in the division) and did so again this year when I saw that they had 3 (again, most in the division) :hmmm:

Bob Dole
11-13-2006, 02:57 PM
There's more than 5 playoff teams...

Really?

Don't play dumb.

mylittlepony
11-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Useless stat 2: Out of miamis 8 homegames 5 of them are against teams on a second consecutive road game. Now who really loves Miami in the NFL head office?

Bills week 2
Titans week 3
Chiefs week 10
Jaguars week 13
Jets week 16

TEX
11-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Useless stat 2: Out of miamis 8 homegames 5 of them are against teams on a second consecutive road game. Now who really loves Miami in the NFL head office?

Bills week 2
Titans week 3
Chiefs week 10
Jaguars week 13
Jets week 16

I'd be willing to bet that if you checked, year end and year out certain teams get scheduling breaks even though the league office has a formula for scheduling. The reason is while it is true who a team plays is determined by a formula, where and when is usually not. Those who defend the schedule usually mock others with the fabled, "Conspiracy Theory" defense. Funny how many who take that side are those whose teams seem to benefit from schedule "coinsidences" year end and year out.

BTW, check out the team in the AFC West who gets to play the least amount of back-to-back road games again this year and who gets to play all division rivals at HOME first once again. :hmmm: