PDA

View Full Version : Chris Terry

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know how this guy is progressing?

Mecca
11-13-2006, 02:20 PM
I was just listening to Petro a bit ago and he basically said he thought Terry was the guy who'd be the RT before long and probably for next year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Sounds ok to me. Waters Wiegmann Welbourne Terry, and find an LT in FA. Use Sampson, Svitek, Black and Stallings for depth, or if Tre or Black develops, they can replace Shields and we can get rid of roid boy.

Woodrow Call
11-13-2006, 02:23 PM
I was just listening to Petro a bit ago and he basically said he thought Terry was the guy who'd be the RT before long and probably for next year.

That would be nice. Maybe he will cure the RT problem the Chiefs have had since Tait left.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Sounds ok to me. Waters Wiegmann Welbourne Terry, and find an LT in FA. Use Sampson, Svitek, Black and Stallings for depth, or if Tre or Black develops, they can replace Shields and we can get rid of roid boy.

I don't like the idea of finding a Left Tackle in free agency. The Chiefs need to draft a true left tackle and have him ready for next season. There's not going to be a guy on the market who will be a long term solution for the Chiefs.

Oh yeah, and CP better let the negoitiations become as contentious as they did with Tait. What a waste.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I don't like the idea of finding a Left Tackle in free agency. The Chiefs need to draft a true left tackle and have him ready for next season. There's not going to be a guy on the market who will be a long term solution for the Chiefs.

Oh yeah, and CP better let the negoitiations become as contentious as they did with Tait. What a waste.

Then we'll have to trade up to get a badass LT in this draft, at least, according to Mecca whom I will defer to in areas of draft knowledge.

Tribal Warfare
11-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Then we'll have to trade up to get a badass LT in this draft, at least, according to Mecca whom I will defer to in areas of draft knowledge.

He could be correct this year, but one could fall since every year their is some work-out warrior that catch some scouts eye and quality players will slip. I see KC taking either Frank Okam or some junior WR Ginn Jr./ Jarrett.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2006, 02:41 PM

Whatever. There will be at least three first round left tackles available for the Chiefs to chose, tradeup or not. With the exception of Joe Harris, Levi Brown and Joe Staley will still be available and a few other OL may move up in the draft (Aaron Sears or Ryan Harris). With Solari's pedigree of coaching and improving offensive lineman and line play, the Chiefs just need to select an actual left tackle with superior athleticism, instead of trying to plug in 6th & 7th rounders and expecting them to perform at a Pro-Bowl level.

Winston Justice would have been a nice pick in the 2006 draft, but the Chiefs chose Safety Bernie Pollard instead. I wonder if the front office wishes they could have that pick back?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 02:43 PM
He could be correct this year, but one could fall since every year their is some work-out warrior that catch some scouts eye and quality players will slip. I see KC taking either Frank Okam or some junior WR Ginn Jr./ Jarrett.

Well if we draft Ginn I'd imagine he'd be our Santana Moss and then Dante would catch the first ticket to "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" land.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Well if we draft Ginn I'd imagine he'd be our Santana Moss and then Dante would catch the first ticket to "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" land.

If the Chiefs draft Ginn in the first round when a solid offensive left tackle is available, I'd be really shocked. I just can't see Herm & CP saying "What we really need is a WR". No way.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 02:47 PM
If the Chiefs draft Ginn in the first round when a solid offensive left tackle is available, I'd be really shocked. I just can't see Herm & CP saying "What we really need is a WR". No way.

I agree, I'm just going along with your train of thought on the drafting a WR for value.....

Mecca
11-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Whatever. There will be at least three first round left tackles available for the Chiefs to chose, tradeup or not. With the exception of Joe Harris, Levi Brown and Joe Staley will still be available and a few other OL may move up in the draft (Aaron Sears or Ryan Harris). With Solari's pedigree of coaching and improving offensive lineman and line play, the Chiefs just need to select an actual left tackle with superior athleticism, instead of trying to plug in 6th & 7th rounders and expecting them to perform at a Pro-Bowl level.

Winston Justice would have been a nice pick in the 2006 draft, but the Chiefs chose Safety Bernie Pollard instead. I wonder if the front office wishes they could have that pick back?

Ryan Harris is an early 2nd rounder.......Aaron Sears isn't even that high. Unless things really change taking either of those players with our first pick is an extreme reach...

Taking one of them over a Ginn/Jarrett would be extremely stupid. The 3 LT's that look like they can play and have good first round value are Thomas, Brown and Sam Baker and odds are they'll all be off the board before 15.

JBucc
11-13-2006, 02:54 PM
I liked that guy the second we got him.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Ryan Harris is an early 2nd rounder.......Aaron Sears isn't even that high. Unless things really change taking either of those players with our first pick is an extreme reach...

Taking one of them over a Ginn/Jarrett would be extremely stupid. The 3 LT's that look like they can play and have good first round value are Thomas, Brown and Sam Baker and odds are they'll all be off the board before 15.

Well, that's your opinion. Things always change after the combines and either values soar or drop. IMO if the Chiefs don't make a LT their first priority, they're making a major mistake. Trade up, trade down, whatever it takes. LT should be on their minds, first and foremost. No patchwork free agency LT.

Tait should have been the cornerstone for the Chiefs for ten years, but we all know how that came out. The Chiefs are hurting and Tait's starting for the second best team in the league. They can't make that type of mistake again.

Kylo Ren
11-13-2006, 02:56 PM
I was just listening to Petro a bit ago and he basically said he thought Terry was the guy who'd be the RT before long and probably for next year. That would be fine, but we've got potential RT's coming out of our ears. We need a kick ass LT.

Mecca
11-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Well, that's your opinion. Things always change after the combines and either values soar or drop. IMO if the Chiefs don't make a LT their first priority, they're making a major mistake. Trade up, trade down, whatever it takes. LT should be on their minds, first and foremost. No patchwork free agency LT.

Tait should have been the cornerstone for the Chiefs for ten years, but we all know how that came out. The Chiefs are hurting and Tait's starting for the second best team in the league. They can't make that type of mistake again.

It doesn't matter what the "top priority" is you do not reach in the first 3 rounds to fill needs. It's how you end up with Junior Siavii. You take the best player on the board at any position of need you have..which the Chiefs have alot of at the moment.

You have bad drafts going in saying "we have to get a LT" and be damned to take one regardless of what else happens to be there.

Mr. Laz
i imagine it will take awhile for him to learn the offense.

also i think they want to make sure he has his head on straight before trying to count on him too much.

he'll get stuck in some later this year with an eye on making him the permanent right tackle next year imo.

beer bacon

Yeah...the Chiefs didn't make a mistake in letting Tait go. The Bears made his first year a poison pill for us. Tait has not been oustanding for the Bears anyways.

Mecca
11-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah...the Chiefs didn't make a mistake in letting Tait go. The Bears made his first year a poison pill for us. Tait has not been oustanding for the Bears anyways.

We could have resigned him well before that ever happened........He wasn't a Vermiel guy and Dick didn't want him back and he and Carl didn't have a good relationship so he wasn't coming back....

Vermiel was happier giving the money to bums like Hicks and the defense....

Mr. Laz
11-13-2006, 03:03 PM
no, the chiefs made a mistake by using the transition tag instead of the franchise tag.

the price difference of the tags was only 1.1 million at the time and the transition tag doesn't provide near the leverage.

if the bears were prepared to give him such a huge contract then they would of given up a draft pick to save them some cash.

giving us a draft pick would of meant they wouldn't of had to outbid us so much and could of given him a lower contract.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2006, 03:05 PM
no, the chiefs made a mistake by using the transition tag instead of the franchise tag.

the price difference of the tags was only 1.1 million at the time and the transition tag doesn't provide near the leverage.

if the bears were prepared to give him such a huge contract then they would of given up a draft pick to save them some cash.

giving us a draft pick would of meant they wouldn't of had to outbid us so much and could of given him a lower contract.

Bingo...that Bears 1st rounder would've looked nice.

GoTrav
11-13-2006, 03:10 PM

Ya, I don't see that happening either. It would be a nice change of draft pace though. And what's the deal with Svitek...he's not going to move into a starting role anytime in the near future?

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2006, 03:13 PM
It doesn't matter what the "top priority" is you do not reach in the first 3 rounds to fill needs. It's how you end up with Junior Siavii. You take the best player on the board at any position of need you have..which the Chiefs have alot of at the moment.

You have bad drafts going in saying "we have to get a LT" and be damned to take one regardless of what else happens to be there.

Well, I fully disagree with your statement. If that's their strategy, then they'll have O-Line problems again next year.

Brock
11-13-2006, 03:13 PM
I'll be pleasantly surprised if Terry amounts to anything at all.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2006, 03:17 PM

You obviously didn't read what I said. "Trade up, trade down, whatever it takes". I didn't say reach. LT is first and foremost, the Chiefs biggest priority.

Mecca
11-13-2006, 03:31 PM
You obviously didn't read what I said. "Trade up, trade down, whatever it takes". I didn't say reach. LT is first and foremost, the Chiefs biggest priority.

We're a hell of alot more than 1 player away from being a championship team.......

This team needs alot of players not just one.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2006, 03:37 PM
We're a hell of alot more than 1 player away from being a championship team.......

This team needs alot of players not just one.

It may need more than one player but the most important player that they need is a starting Left Tackle. It's going to be extremely difficult for this team to win anything while platooning Turley, Black, Welbourne, Svitek and who ever else is currently on the roster.

Again, LT should be first and foremost the priority in the 2007 draft.

milkman
11-13-2006, 10:46 PM

I agree with almost everything you have to say on this issue.

But Siavii wasn't the best player on the board when we picked.
He was a project, and the braintrust (read idiots) at One Arrowhead Drive confirmed that.

Picking a project in the second round is an even worse strategy than picking a need player.