PDA

View Full Version : Is Sampson a Big Pu$$Y?

TEX
11-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Just when the line was getting some semblance of continuity, and Solari was able to open all the playbook, Brian Waters goes down and Kevin Sampson was not able to play once again. It's so hard to sustain one OL injury, nevermind 2, yet that is the situation the Chiefs have found themselves in for most of this season, in large part, because of Kevin Sampson. He missed basically all of last year, and the beginning of this year and now it seems he's good for a couple of games and then he's out. Can this guy be counted on to play a significant amount, or is it time to see him as nothing more than a backup that might be able to play when needed? If that's the case, it would be a welcomed improvement because right now it's like he's a part-time backup. IMO,the way his career has gone to this point, it would be foolish to count on him as a long term solution at Tackle.

Phobia
11-13-2006, 04:26 PM
If anybody in the NFL needed hair sticking out the back of their helmet, it's him.

Fish
11-13-2006, 04:32 PM
He's been injured waay too much. I don't know if I'd call him a pussy if I was standing next to him.... but he ain't gettin it done.

JimNasium
11-13-2006, 04:38 PM
I wonder if John Alt is still available?

Sully
11-13-2006, 04:39 PM
I'll go ask him... hang on.

TEX
11-13-2006, 04:55 PM
He's been injured waay too much. I don't know if I'd call him a pussy if I was standing next to him.... but he ain't gettin it done.

I would as long as I had a clear path to run. Course he'd no doubt pull a hammy chasing me.

Seriously, perhaps your right in that I should have used the term "injury-prone" instead. But I chose to the term "Big Pu$$Y" out of frustration for not being able to count on him.

Rooster
11-13-2006, 04:57 PM
I wonder if John Alt is still available?

Is Victor Riley still in NO?

I was wondering if Simms could be taught to block. He sure as hell can't get around one. :hmmm:

RealSNR
11-13-2006, 05:08 PM
I hear Marcus Spears is available

Rain Man
11-13-2006, 05:10 PM
One thing that has always worried me about him is the fact that he's not a fan of football. In some article a while back, he more or less admitted that. In my thinking, the real good football players usually love and study the game and have an appreciation for being in the NFL.

For that reason, I've rooted for Jordan Black, though often under cover of darkness. He's a Notre Dame guy who seems to love the game.

TEX
11-13-2006, 05:14 PM
I hear Marcus Spears is available

He at least could be counted on to play. And he contributed more than Sampson up to this point.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2006, 05:27 PM
He at least could be counted on to play. And he contributed more than Sampson up to this point.

When? Even Whitlock referred to him as the Chiefs biggest cheerleader. I don't remember that guy doing jacksh*t on the field.

andoman
11-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Marcus Spears always came out of tunnel fired up, whether he was starting or not (usually not). I think that's why Whitlock referred to him as the Chiefs biggest cheerleader. Or was it because he has a few pounds on most of the cheerleaders?

Deberg_1990
11-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Its a dame shame we had no choice but to late Tait walk. You just can never have enough good linemen. We developed him and he was just coming into his prime.....

Damnit Carl!!!

Easy 6
11-13-2006, 06:09 PM
One thing that has always worried me about him is the fact that he's not a fan of football. In some article a while back, he more or less admitted that. In my thinking, the real good football players usually love and study the game and have an appreciation for being in the NFL.

For that reason, I've rooted for Jordan Black, though often under cover of darkness. He's a Notre Dame guy who seems to love the game.

Yep, i remember that now that you mention it. The rare occasion he has deemed himself fit to play i have really liked the results when i factor in playing time, cohesion etc. He CAN be a classic maul blocker like...*madden voice*...... "Big Ol' Kevin Gogan"..., but your post settles it......he just doesnt seem concerned about winning the job.

We have a log-jam of guys in the O line anyway.

Sampson is Shorn.

TEX
11-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Its a dame shame we had no choice but to late Tait walk. You just can never have enough good linemen. We developed him and he was just coming into his prime.....

Damnit Carl!!!

Well that's not exactly true. We had plenty of time to sign him before his last year. Carl played the "transition tag" game and when it was done, we had to let him walk because the Bears overpaid. But it did not have to get to that point.

TEX
11-13-2006, 07:38 PM
When? Even Whitlock referred to him as the Chiefs biggest cheerleader. I don't remember that guy doing jacksh*t on the field.

He played LT and mostly RT before Roaf arrived and Tait was moved to RT. Point is, he was a back up and was able to play when called upon to do so. That's way more then we're getting from Sampson.

ChiefaRoo
11-13-2006, 07:44 PM

Yep.

mikey23545
11-13-2006, 09:55 PM
I for one can't stand watching Kevin "Fairy" Sampson and Kyle "Twiggy" Turley play right tackle much longer....

TEX
11-16-2006, 12:51 PM
I for one can't stand watching Kevin "Fairy" Sampson and Kyle "Twiggy" Turley play right tackle much longer....

Well you don't have to worry about seeing Sampson play cause the BIG PU$$Y is out again. :shake:

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Well you don't have to worry about seeing Sampson play cause the BIG PU$$Y is out again. :shake:

There was a reason this guy was a 7th round draft choice. And this is what happens when a team relies on 5th, 6th and 7th round draft choices to start and compete every Sunday. It should be no surprise.

NY CHIEF
11-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Sampson needs to stick a band aid on his foot and get out on the field :banghead:

TEX
11-16-2006, 02:00 PM
There was a reason this guy was a 7th round draft choice. And this is what happens when a team relies on 5th, 6th and 7th round draft choices to start and compete every Sunday. It should be no surprise.

Did he have a history of not showing up for games in college as well?

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2006, 02:21 PM
No, he played in 44 college games with 24 starts. It's just that there's a reason that he lasted until the 231st pick in the 7th round. Toughness? Durability? Technique? Maybe all of it. But a great offensive lineman (and one you can count on) generally doesn't last until late in the 7th round.

If you'll recall, Sampson had "issues" last year as well. The whole bye-week "dehydration/hospital" thing. There's obviously something that's just not right about this cat.

TEX
11-16-2006, 02:45 PM
No, he played in 44 college games with 24 starts. It's just that there's a reason that he lasted until the 231st pick in the 7th round. Toughness? Durability? Technique? Maybe all of it. But a great offensive lineman (and one you can count on) generally doesn't last until late in the 7th round.

If you'll recall, Sampson had "issues" last year as well. The whole bye-week "dehydration/hospital" thing. There's obviously something that's just not right about this cat.

Oh yeah, I remember his issues last year - which is partly why I have him labeled as a big pu$$y.

I had hoped that he might turn out to be like Dave Szott, who was a late round pick as well, but Szott no doubt was an exception.

Rausch
11-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Always injured + not very good = no value...

TEX
11-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Always injured + not very good = no value...

And that's what's so frustraiting. At times, especially in run blocking, he has shown signs that he can be good.