PDA

View Full Version : Len Dawson reports that Tony G says he is NOT ruled out yet.

Kylo Ren
11-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Tony G says he thinks that he might play. His arm is in a sling for now, but he thinks he'll be ready to go by Sunday. PBJPBJPBJ

Hammock Parties
11-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Wow. That would be some kind of heroic game. Trent's return, injured Gonzalez fighting through the pain to desecrate the memory of Bill Romanowski...wow.

Double "Oh" Penetration
Personally, I would be surprised if he didn't play.

hypersensitiveZO6
When did you hear this?

KurtCobain
I think he's crazy. Rather him sit out the raiders game than injure it worse for rest the season.

RealSNR
11-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Tony wants to get paid, bitch

RealSNR
11-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Also, I wish he would inject some of his manliness into that sack of vaginas also known as Kevin Sampson

Discuss Thrower
11-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Cortizone shot right to the cerebellum or something....

ChiefsCountry
11-14-2006, 11:34 PM
You can play with a shoulder injury. I did in high school, take some legal painkillers and you should be fine for the game. Afterwards it would hurt like hell though.

mac58
11-14-2006, 11:41 PM
he should play. . .this is football man up. . .Lawerence taylor played with a broken leg. . .getting paid mutli millions of dollars to play 16 games. . .if u can go . . .then go. .

hypersensitiveZO6
11-14-2006, 11:42 PM
I can see it now....

The gameday blimp slowly comes toward Arrrowhead statium......it them floats extremely close to the stadium, hovering over it.... the crowd silent...15 minutes until kickoff....it lands with no sound on the field.....all of a sudden, the crowd roars as Willie Roaf, Tony Gonzalez, Priest Holmes, and Trent Green step out of the cockpit in full uniform.

doomy3
11-14-2006, 11:43 PM
What Len Dawson said on the news was that Tony said today that he felt much better today and hoped that he could be the NUMBER THREE TIGHT END, just to clarify this thread.

KurtCobain
11-14-2006, 11:45 PM
I can see it now....

The gameday blimp slowly comes toward Arrrowhead statium......it them floats extremely close to the stadium, hovering over it.... the crowd silent...15 minutes until kickoff....it lands with no sound on the field.....all of a sudden, the crowd roars as Willie Roaf, Tony Gonzalez and Trent Green step out of the cockpit in full uniform.

I would bust out balling with tears of unbelievable joy. I swear I would freak out like a teenage girl who just met justin timberlake.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-14-2006, 11:48 PM
I would bust out balling with tears of unbelievable joy. I swear I would freak out like a teenage girl who just met justin timberlake.

LMAO

KurtCobain
11-14-2006, 11:52 PM
I can see it now....

The gameday blimp slowly comes toward Arrrowhead statium......it them floats extremely close to the stadium, hovering over it.... the crowd silent...15 minutes until kickoff....it lands with no sound on the field.....all of a sudden, the crowd roars as Willie Roaf, Tony Gonzalez, Priest Holmes, and Trent Green step out of the cockpit in full uniform.

and then..out of the dirt rises a young very live Derrick Thomas.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cpMTOqKOcMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
11-14-2006, 11:52 PM

".......braaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiinssssss........"

hypersensitiveZO6
11-14-2006, 11:54 PM

That'd be pretty jacked up.

KurtCobain
11-14-2006, 11:55 PM
That'd be pretty jacked up.

But you know you'd sh*t yourself and smack the telivision to make sure it's not lying.

hypersensitiveZO6
11-14-2006, 11:58 PM
But you know you'd sh*t yourself and smack the telivision to make sure it's not lying.
I'm going to the game.

....otherwise yeah.

DaFace
11-15-2006, 12:24 AM
I don't know how the recovery process would go for this type of injury, but I would think we'd rather he sit out the Raiders in order to be 100% for the Broncos. :shrug:

Kylo Ren
11-15-2006, 12:39 AM
What Len Dawson said on the news was that Tony said today that he felt much better today and hoped that he could be the NUMBER THREE TIGHT END, just to clarify this thread.

I'm NOT saying your wrong, but I didn't hear this part from Lenny D: "hoped that he could be the NUMBER THREE TIGHT END"

Hammock Parties
11-15-2006, 12:48 AM
Perhaps that means Gonzalez wants to play in certain situations...i.e. he is not up to blocking for 50 plays but could go in on key third downs and red-zone plays.

Hammock Parties
11-15-2006, 01:38 AM
Q: Have you talked to Tony and is his injury known now? He’s doubtful you say?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, he was in yesterday. Yeah, maybe (might play). Last night he said he wanted to be the third tight end and wanted to be the third down tight end. That’s Tony though. It’s good to hear him say that as the week goes on.”

Q: So you’re hopeful for the Thanksgiving game?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, I would hope, but we’ll see. It’s a pain tolerance deal and we’ll see as the week goes on.”

ChiefFan31
11-15-2006, 02:09 AM
Q: Have you talked to Tony and is his injury known now? He’s doubtful you say?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, he was in yesterday. Yeah, maybe (might play). Last night he said he wanted to be the third tight end and wanted to be the third down tight end. That’s Tony though. It’s good to hear him say that as the week goes on.”

Q: So you’re hopeful for the Thanksgiving game?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, I would hope, but we’ll see. It’s a pain tolerance deal and we’ll see as the week goes on.”

Thats Right! Rub some dirt on that bish Tony and get er dun.

Reminds me of the time I was playing a Madden marathon on the Playstation. I was tired and sore and my thumb was aching....but did I quit? Hell No. I went out there and won the damn game.

thedude
11-15-2006, 02:17 AM
Thats Right! Rub some dirt on that bish Tony and get er dun.

Reminds me of the time I was playing a Madden marathon on the Playstation. I was tired and sore and my thumb was aching....but did I quit? Hell No. I went out there and won the damn game.

Amen Brotha. Amen

RedThat
11-15-2006, 02:32 AM
If Tony G is REALLY dinged, the Chiefs would be stupid to suit him up Sunday.

Let him rest, and have him play for the Broncos/Chiefs game instead.

beer bacon
11-15-2006, 02:33 AM
I think Tony will know by gametime if he can play or not. Hell, he played on that bad foot for years.

mcan
11-15-2006, 04:04 AM
I think this is my favorite Chiefsplanet thread in years.

Derrick Thomas zombie and Roaf and Priest coming out of the sky... I'd pay good money to see that in a movie.

unlurking
11-15-2006, 04:40 AM
Tony supposedly played hurt with a jacked up foot for about 3 years. If it is just a pain tolerance issue (no further damage likely), he will play.

mylittlepony
11-15-2006, 05:02 AM
I want him there but not getting alot of ball if we dont need him. I hope we dont have to pull out all the stops and he can chill on the sidelines, just having him there to throw in if things really hit the fan is good enough for me.

ARROW2
11-15-2006, 08:08 AM
He could be a good decoy to help our mediocre WRs......

doomy3
11-15-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm NOT saying your wrong, but I didn't hear this part from Lenny D: "hoped that he could be the NUMBER THREE TIGHT END"

I am 100% sure that is what Len said.

kepp
11-15-2006, 08:14 AM
Now, see...why'd you have to bring me back down to earth? :p
I'd rather keep thinking like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8woKirctXc)

hypersensitiveZO6
11-15-2006, 04:03 PM
I think this is my favorite Chiefsplanet thread in years.

Derrick Thomas zombie and Roaf and Priest coming out of the sky... I'd pay good money to see that in a movie.

Yep :D

StcChief
11-15-2006, 04:09 PM
TG is a tough leader on Chiefs.....
his lining up on 3rd Down would be enough to make Faiders think twice about their D alignment.

morphius
11-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Tony knows what is on the line these next two games, and he knows the team is near if they could stay healthy. When Gretz knows that these next two games are the only chance of us making the playoffs, you know Tony knows that as well.

With the amount of injuries on the OL this game is already going to be a battle, especially the way the Raiders always play us close.