PDA

View Full Version : Bengals pull the Dillon offer off the table.

SDChief
01-16-2001, 01:10 PM
NFLscoop is reporting that the Bengals have pulled the huge offer they made Dillon off the table and are ready to play hardball.

morphius
01-16-2001, 01:23 PM
Yeah, but they will still hit him with the tranisition tag which means they can match any offer that Dillon signs with another team, which still puts us out of the running.

Mark M
01-16-2001, 01:29 PM
WE WILL NEVER GET THIS GUY!!!!!!

No cap room to give him the $$ he wants, and not enough picks left to give them over the Bengals.

GET OVER IT!!

MM
~~Sick and damn tired of hearing about this a$$hole coming to KC when there isn't a chance in hell. :mad: (Sorry about the yelling. Did I mention I'm sick and tired of hearing about this?)

Cannibal
01-16-2001, 01:36 PM
"NFL Scoop" has "reported" a lot of things... and usually it's just a bunch of rumors.

When CNN/SI, or CBSSportsline reports it, I'll give it a little more credence.

And even if it is true, I agree w/ the first two replies, he aint comin to KC.

ROYC75
01-16-2001, 01:50 PM
Dillon...is this a fantasy league we are try'n to build? Dream on,noway we can afford Dillon,unless Grbac plays for free. ONLY IN YOUR DREAMS !

BTW....Wasn't DV a Dream too ?

Look'n for the light at the end of the tunnel!

Warrior5
01-16-2001, 02:06 PM
In all fairness, Corey Dillon has never won a playoff game.

Notorious GUN
01-16-2001, 02:29 PM
Cannibal,

Just about every story I have seen on NFLScoop has been accompanied by a link to a story by the major media. In this situation, the Cincinnati Post confirmed that the Bengals pulled the offer off the table. So this turned out not to be a "rumor" afterall.

http://www.cincypost.com/sports/dillon011601.html

58Forever
01-16-2001, 02:57 PM
We can't afford Dillon...he might play for us at a lesser price but that would make it too easy for the Bungles to match...I'm not sure of any team that could afford to make an offer to him that the Bungles can't match...geez, they offered the guy 60 mil....nope, no Dillon here unless we can make Brown an offer he can't refuse, like trading our whole team...maybe he'd take our entire committee...:)

Marty McDonald
01-16-2001, 03:43 PM
Cannibal-

Check the story my friend, taken from the Cincinnati Post with a link.

Thanks for reading and god bless!

Marty

MrBlond
01-16-2001, 03:46 PM
I was the biggest supporter of bringing in Dillon LAST year. Now we have the 12th pick in a draft deep with RB talent. After seeing the immediate impact of a Fred Taylor, or Edgerin James(not to mention a Mike Anderson) I have changed my mind. It would be cheaper to draft our own RB. One way or another RBbC must be killed.

SDChief
01-16-2001, 06:00 PM
I'm not a huge supporter of Dillon coming to KC either I just thought that it was interesting as a football topic seeing that he is discussed a lot on both boards and that the Bengals were now going to try and play hardball after they have proven to be so bad at it (see Pickens). And our GM is known for it. I didn't even get to be in the conversation because of work. I didn't mean to start a debate over the salary cap or the validity of NFLscoop.

Cannibal
01-16-2001, 06:35 PM
Don't worry about it dude. Sparking debate is a good thing.

I wasn't trying to offend you, and I am sure the other guys weren't either.

[Edited by Cannibal on 01-16-2001 at 07:37 PM]

mlyonsd
01-16-2001, 07:32 PM
I agree with most, he aint coming to KC.

For the first time I am trully disapointed at that prospect. Imagine him in a Vermeil/Saunders offense. He could come close to Faulk's numbers.