PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet en España?

AustinChief
01-16-2001, 03:01 PM
A bit of news for everyone.

I am moving to Spain... most likely Barcelona or Tarragona.
I will be leaving the 4th of February. This should have little to no effect on ChiefsPlanet. I will have limited internet access but I have a couple of guys in Austin who will look after the programming of the site. The ISP is paid up for a full year... so the only concern I have is if we outgrow the server again. I doubt that it will happen anytime soon... but if it does I can upgrade us over the net, so again it shouldn't be a problem.

--Kyle

P.S. I'm trying to make as many fixes and upgrades as I can before I go... so if you have ideas PLEASE post them.

Mark M
01-16-2001, 03:14 PM
No ideas, really. All of my concerns have been met (besides Elvis winning a playoff game). But I do wish you the best in your journeys. I guess we'll need new legal counsel for the "All Idiot Team." I hear Johnny Cochran's available ... :D

BTW, who pays for this and how much? I don't have a whole lot of $$ to donate (as of yet ... still working on the new job) but I don't see any ads. I hope no one's mortgaged their house or anything. :eek:

Go Barcelona Dragons!

MM
~~Perhaps we can send BroncoFan and Packfan the bill?

ROYC75
01-16-2001, 03:18 PM
MARK

LOL on the bill to Packfan or Broncofan ! :cool:

Kyle....wow,Spain,New job ? Only ? I have is why the smilies don't work some of the time ?

Keep us posted on your journey! :D

DaKCMan AP
01-16-2001, 03:21 PM
It'd be better if the 'Forum Jump' was at the top of the page rather than the bottom since you start at the bottom and work your way up when reading posts.

Mark M
01-16-2001, 03:27 PM
Well, I tried to edit the "All Idiot Team" roster, but it says the thread was started by "BigChiefsFan". Oh well.

Again, Austin, have a great time!

MM
~~For some reason, is also known as "BigChiefsFan" even though he's not that big.

Iowanian
01-16-2001, 03:44 PM
Kyle,

I checked in on the planet while in Madrid...thats where I found out about hanging 54 on St Louis....woohoo

It was a beeeeautiful country even for a hillbilly...the food was good, people were nice, and women...oh my...

how will you get used to a nap every afternoon?

good luck.
now you should make a smilie with a simbrero. :)

seclark
01-16-2001, 04:02 PM
good luck kyle!
sec

Frazod
01-16-2001, 06:09 PM
That sounds great, Kyle. Never heard of Tarragona (or perhaps just forgot), but I've been to Barcelona. It was nice, as was Spain in general - I was all over the Mediterranean coast during my 6th Fleet days. Friendly people, beautiful country, and during the summer the Med coast is a big tourist destination for Brits (not to mention drunken Navy-types like myself), so you'll find a lot of English-speaking places in that area. The places I enjoyed the most were Tormellinos and Magaluf (near Palma on the Island of Mallorca). Check them out if you get the chance.

Hope you speak Spanish, but being from Texas you've likely been exposed to enough of it to get by.

And my strongest recommendation - AVOID FRANCE :mad: Rudest f#ckers on Earth - France makes New York look like Mayberry.

Best of luck, and thanks for all your hard work on the BB!

Gaz
01-17-2001, 07:36 AM
Best of luck, Kyle.

Thanks for giving us a great place to hang out. I browse other chat rooms and bulletin boards, but none of them compare to ChiefsPlanet.

Vaya con queso, mi amigo.

xoxo~
gaz
not a bit jealous even though he is trapped in Kansas.

Bob Dole
01-17-2001, 11:52 AM
Go with cheese? WTF have you been smoking, Gaz?

administrator
01-17-2001, 08:30 PM
BTW... I will be here in Texas for the next three weeks.
If anybody wants to get together for a few beers in Dallas or Austin... lemme know. I'll be splitting my time between the two.

--Kyle

Squish
01-18-2001, 12:11 AM
AustinChief,

Good luck in Spain and thanks again for everything...about that beer in Austin, my place or yours? ;)

Squish

administrator
01-18-2001, 02:42 AM
Ha Ha,

Thanks Squish for FINALLY posting!!!

--Kyle

AustinChief
02-27-2001, 10:26 AM
Ola!

An update from spain...

Well, I´m settling in here in Tarragona (one hour down the coast from Barcelona). I have an apartment, a cell phone and a couple of job interviews. Tonight is Carnival so I´m probably in for a late night. The hardest thing to used to here are the different hours... dinner at 10:00, party ´til 4 or 5 sleep ´til 10. (NOW I understand why everyone takes a nap in the afternoon!)

How´s everthing going on the BBS? I check in on the admin section every couple of days from an Internet Cafe. I haven´t noticed any problems ... but please keep me posted if anything starts going whacky.

Adios,

Kyle

P.S. My vote => Grbac will stay.

Bob Dole
02-27-2001, 10:28 AM
Good to see you're still kickin' it.

htismaqe
02-27-2001, 10:41 AM
Kyle,

Whassup? I've been trying to hold down the fort, but I do have some questions. Nothing too major has happened lately, but the server does stop responding once in a while...

I need some documentation on the server, how it works and such, and I need access to that server. I'd also like to know who the two guys you have helping are, so that I can recruit help if needed.

As you know, I'm a network guy, not a server guy, but I can get around. I just need some tools and access. Let me know.